Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Trennan Academy for the Enhanced (OOC)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InfraredHero View Post
    Yes! I need more students to emotionally terrorize!
    Mhm right right I see what you're doing here >w>

Set by: Unknown

January Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Debating on reviving Austin or doing something different. What do you think Infrared?

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Hmm, I don't know. Of course it would be great to see Austin again, but if you want to do something different I have no doubt the new character would be great too.

Maybe that's not much help, but the decision is yours. Unless you wanted to do both?

Fantasy, Sci-fi, anime, books
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Finally finished! Please tell me if I need to change anything and I hope this meets your standards. ^^

Name: Crane Blackwater

Nationality: Welsh American

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Crane 

Powers:
    Spoiler: Boundry Manipulation 

Biography: Coming from a fairly average family Crane's powers manifested early on during his primary school years. Despite the more accepting nature of the area they lived in the volatile potency of his power made it so that his family had to jump through several hoops to keep him in public school as they couldn't afford any private schools. Thankfully some charity organizations helping improvised Enhanced aided them with the medical tests needed to learn how to curve such a power.

Crane's parents treated his ability as less of an ability and more like a disability, not something helped by how spacy their son seemed to become. Tests later determined that this was because of how the boy could warp the space within his control between 'fantasy' and 'reality' leaving him with a sort of detachment from the real world. It was not until a year or two ago that they were able to afford to have special medical glasses made to block the key component of his ability. It was only by the grace of fortune that they were able to enroll their son into Trennan Academy thanks to financial aid and scholerships.

Personality: Possessing a cheery if absentminded personality Crane has made his way through his previous years at an easy pace. Keeping everyone at arms-length thanks to the nature of his power he has instead developed various flighty interests though reading holds his attention. Perhaps as a side-effect of his power, he tends to view most matters only half-seriously and with a worrying tendency to underestimate others.

Despite everything he does wish for friends and hopes to find others that can stand as equals with him, or at least be willing to be close enough for him to touch. Crane craves actual human contact but his imperfect control over his power has made it so he has rarely received any, even from his parents. Not out malice, but out of concern. He tends to panic if he can't find his glasses or if his eyes are completely covered.

Other: Always carries with him pain-killers and his special glasses that were prescribed to him.
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

ZeeBat, an interesting character, though I have some concerns about the power. Being able to manipulate boundaries would make someone almost godly. In a world where people already have abilities that defy real life boundaries, what more would manipulating boundaries allow you to do? In the "Subjective Reality (Fantasy/Reality)" section of your power, it says Crane would be able to blur the line of reality/fantasy. I think that if someone did that in this fictional world, no one would be able to predict the results. At an academy where one of the two headmasters is literally a Vampire, what is fantasy?

Maybe I'm looking too much into all this, but alas, while these students might have a bit of self-training in their abilities, they still wont be super powerful. Even with Octavia's Cosmic Manipulation I wanted to be sure of her limitations, as that can potentially be very powerful.

Now, I'm not saying No to Crane, but I'm not saying Yes either. Right now I'm saying I need more. Perhaps I am just misunderstanding what you meant for the power to be, and if that's the case, then I'd appreciate some more explanation of the ability. If I'm correct in assuming this power is very powerful, then I'd appreciate either 1) some more limitations, or 2) a different power. And if you choose a different power, by all means it can be something similar to what you have now.

Other than that, I am liking him so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Honestly, it was hard putting a limit on My characters powers but I knew since she was young she could not use it's full potential since she was still ya know learning what the power is herself so she is weak compared to some master cosmic hero's. I almost went with a power like yours Zee but I realized it would be too confusing for me and Infrared to understand since I had to give her a lot of limitations. Dimensional Manipulation is hard to understand. Cosmic was something I was a bit more familiar with. (I didn't wanna have simple powers too like I wanted to use something different than what I was used too)

Set by: Unknown

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ZeeBat, an interesting character, though I have some concerns about the power. Being able to manipulate boundaries would make someone almost godly. In a world where people already have abilities that defy real life boundaries, what more would manipulating boundaries allow you to do? In the "Subjective Reality (Fantasy/Reality)" section of your power, it says Crane would be able to blur the line of reality/fantasy. I think that if someone did that in this fictional world, no one would be able to predict the results. At an academy where one of the two headmasters is literally a Vampire, what is fantasy?

Maybe I'm looking too much into all this, but alas, while these students might have a bit of self-training in their abilities, they still wont be super powerful. Even with Octavia's Cosmic Manipulation I wanted to be sure of her limitations, as that can potentially be very powerful.

Now, I'm not saying No to Crane, but I'm not saying Yes either. Right now I'm saying I need more. Perhaps I am just misunderstanding what you meant for the power to be, and if that's the case, then I'd appreciate some more explanation of the ability. If I'm correct in assuming this power is very powerful, then I'd appreciate either 1) some more limitations, or 2) a different power. And if you choose a different power, by all means it can be something similar to what you have now.

Other than that, I am liking him so far.
    No worries! I understand your concerns and honestly its what I was thinking too about some aspects. Boundry manipulation IS nigh godly when taken to its logical extreme. Which isn't very fun for anyone, least of all me. :(

But I do like the theme. Hmm, how about replacing that aspect with something else if that's alright? In my head, Crane really isn't very good at any aspect of his power as I imagine an ability like that would take centuries to master.

I mostly wanted Reality/Fantasy to fit the theme of where I got my inspiration from it. In my head, it would be mostly like a really limited reality marble from Fate/Stay Night, or something like the summons of the final fantasy series.

But I'm open to whatever restrictions you want to impose or if you just want me to pick a different power altogether.
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBat View Post
    In my head, it would be mostly like a really limited reality marble from Fate/Stay Night, or something like the summons of the final fantasy series.
    I'm not familiar with those. Could I get a quick summary of what those are? And how Crane's ability would be similar to it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm not familiar with those. Could I get a quick summary of what those are? And how Crane's ability would be similar to it?
    Oh man I'm really sorry for being so much trouble for you.

Umm. what media properties are you familiar with? That way I can point out something that would be the same. or should I just switch to something less troublesome?

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Eh, I suppose I could give myself a crash course on those things through their wiki's or something.

And don't worry, it's no trouble. Being the GM I expect to deal with things like this.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast