Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ 1x1 with HoleyPaladin [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy human/humanoid. I don't do animal rp's.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default ~ 1x1 with HoleyPaladin [M]

Akira Akatski-18-female-Kitsune-tagged;none
    Numerous soldiers raced through the dense, foggy forest, a light rain noisily splashing onto the leaves of trees. The footsteps of the soldiers could be heard over the rain, angered shouts following. Ahead of them ran a young woman with silver hair, as well as one gold eye and one silver. The silver cloak billowed behind her as she ran desperately in attempt to escape certain death. However, she ran with one hand holding up the hood of her cloack, as if trying to hide her identity. It was endless, the pursuit. There would be moments in which she was able to escape temporarily, for a half hour or so, and rest. However, it would only be so long until she was found again. All she knew was that she couldn't be caught. To rest for too long or to sleep would be her downfall. Though, she also knew she couldn't keep this up forever. Already the endless running was beginning to take its toll- the off and on running had been going on sense just before sunrise. why.... why me? she thought angrily. why any of us? Most of us haven't caused harm....so why? What is the purpose of the needless bloodshed? a single tear fell as she momentarily rested against a tree. Then she once more heard footsteps....but this time they were spread out, in different directions. Were they trying to lead her to a trap? It wasn't like she had much of a choice at this point but to risk it. As she ran, she could hear the soldiers getting closer. Closing the distance from all but one side. Seeing the trees beginning to thin, she knew a clearing of sorts was coming up. However, though it was a clearing of sorts, it was one without any exits but the way in which she came. She ran as far as she could, even if it only bought her a few more seconds. At the point in which she reached the wall of the grotto, it wouldn't have mattered if there was more room to run. She was too tired to continue. Falling to her knees, she stayed quiet, motionless, waiting to meet her fate.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The commotion in the forest drew the attention of a nearby Fahrender Ritter... a traveling knight who sought to right wrongs, protect the innocent, punish the guilty, and all that. Heinrich von Reichskapital wasn't nearly so idealistic as such legendary traveling knights as Don Quixote, however, and he knew that the actions of one man rarely had much of an impact on the evils of the world... yet still he performed his duty, simply because it was the right thing to do.

He was aware of the local king's policy of extermination towards kitsunes and other races, and so he rode a phantasmal summoned steed in the direction of the commotion, noting several soldiers carrying spears, axes, bows, and other weapons surrounding a beautiful girl with silver hair and two fluffy tails, along with the pointed ears of a fox. As she fell to the ground, he urged his horse faster until he was above her, conjuring forth a schiavona in each hand as he stood guard over the fallen girl.

"By order of His Majesty the King, step away from that fox!" he heard the sergeant in charge of the soldiers calling out to him as the soldiers leveled their weapons at him. "His Majesty has ordered the extermination of all fox witches from the realm, and if you stand between us and the fox, we'll have to put you down as well!"

"Oh really...?" asked the knight somewhat sarcastically. "You and what army?"

"This army..." said the sergeant, waving to the soldiers as they approached closer. "Don't you see them?"

"I see them..." said the knight, "And I'm not impressed. I'd prefer not to kill mere mooks for following orders... but when you follow the evil orders of an unjust king... you leave me little choice." The sergeant seemed somewhat confident in his odds and motioned for the soldiers to close in on them, while the knight spoke to the fallen fox. "Can you fight?" he asked her, figuring this fight would be much easier if she would back him up with some of her race's famous sorcery.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Keeping her eyes closed, the kitsune had resigned herself to her fate, bracing for her end as a shadow loomed over her. However, it was only seconds later she realized the shadow looming above her wasn't going to be the one to kill her. Rather, whoever it was might be the one to save her life. Peering up at him, a look of both confusion and hope crossed her face. Alas, it faded quickly. '' Why are you risking your life to spare mine? I had embraced my face, as for there was no escape....'' she questioned, in a curious but monotone voice. Much to her surprise though, the male didn't back down from the army- rather, he challenged them. '' I.... I can not say how much help in battle I will be... I have grown weary from the endless pursuit. However, for both your life and mine I will help you to the best of my abilities.''
    Slowly she stood, her long, silver hair billowing out behind her in the wind. Though baffled by the actions of the knight, she silently made a secret oath in her mind. Should this knight truly be capable of allowing her to live through this, by taking down the army before them, she would stick by his side. For she shall owe him a great debt, and therefore protect his life in return until she shall breath no more.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Though the knight acted with confidence, he was aware that engaging so many soldiers in combat wasn't typically a very good idea. He did a quick estimate of their numbers. There seemed to be at least three dozen of them... more like a company of soldiers than a true army, but against a single knight, it might as well have been a battle against an army. He listened as the fox spoke, having resigned herself to her fate, and he gave a quick sigh. "Your life is valuable... you shouldn't just throw it away."

"Enough of this," he heard the sergeant say. "Take him down! Along with the fox witch!" About a half dozen archers took aim with their bows, along with an equal number of crossbowmen, though the knight was expecting just such a thing. Using his Foundry circuit, he conjured forth two shields which hovered in the air closeby, the shields moving to intercept the projectiles as they were released in his direction.

"Come on," he said to the fox, helping her up into the saddle of the magical phantasmal steed that he was riding along with him, and turned his horse towards the guards. He soon charged forward, his swords slicing with lethal precision, severing the head of one soldier while cutting the other in half. He continued to slash through the bodies of the various soldiers in order to clear a path to escape rather than attempting to kill every one of them.

"After them!" he heard the voice of the sergeant calling out, though the knight was confident that they wouldn't be able to keep up with his magical steed as it moved faster than any mortal horse. Still, they could be a bit annoying.

"If you torch the one giving orders, it should cause some confusion," he suggested to the fox girl, figuring she'd at least be capable of the pyromancy capable of her kind, though the fact that she only had two tails implied that her powers weren't very effective against a large number of opponents. A single opponent, however... he figured she might be capable at least of that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Who was this man, and where had he come from? '' Ha, my life is valuable? You humor me. None of the others seem to share the same view. Besides, they're exterminating us like pests. What point is there if there are none of us left in the long run anyways?'' then, seeing a hand offered to her to help her onto the magical steed, she swiftly took the offer, wrapping her arms tightly around the knight as to avoid falling off. Though, Akira had closed her eyes as some of the soldiers were slaughtered, not a fan of witnessing the bloodshed. In fact, she only opened them when she was spoken to. ''I...am indeed capable of the task.'' a few moments after she had spoken she aimed a fiery sphere at the seargent, throwing it at him. However, as she turned her head back to facing the knight, she noticed a stray arrow flying at them, and knocked it out of the air with a small shard of ice. Afterwards, though, she leaned forward a bit, gently pressing her forehead against the back of his neck.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight was a bit too busy focusing on the escape to answer the fox girl's question. He charged through several soldiers, and while his steed took several blows in the process, it seemed like mundane weapons had very little effect on the creature. After severing a few more heads and sending more limbs flying, he was able to break free of the surrounding soldiers and outmaneuver them.

The way the sphere of fire impacted the sergeant and incinerated him did indeed seem to send the soldiers into disarray as they weren't sure who to take orders from next. The knight braced himself to shield the fox from an arrow that managed to make its way past his shields, though the way her ice deflected it showed him that it wasn't entirely necessary.

Once they broke free, he continued to ride for some time, making impressive speed through the forest away from the soldiers. "I'm Heinrich," he said to her in a voice loud enough to be heard over the sound of the wind passing by them, though he supposed her fox ears gave her sufficient hearing that he could have whispered and be heard as well. "What's your name?"

After a couple miles of fast galloping, he began to slow his pace, though still moving fairly quickly away from the soldiers. He expected that they had lost them for the time being, though it didn't hurt to continue to put distance between them as much as possible. "All life has value, be it human, elf, dwarf, or kitsune. Some creatures are born inherently evil... but you're not one of them, are you?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Despite the wind, Akira would have been able to hear him just fine had he spoke in a normal voice. However, when he shouted above the wind, she flattened her ears against her head at how loud it was to her. '' It is an honor to meet you, Heinrich.'' her voice was shouting slightly, just in case he couldn't hear her if she were to speak normally. '' I am Akira. I am forever in your debt.'' with a frown she wearily rested her head on his shoulder. '' No, I am not villainous in anyway. At least, I don't believe I am. At the worst i was a petty thief. Children were always so kind to me...well, the ones that had little food and near no shelter. So sometimes i would steal a loaf of bread or two, maybe some fruit. It may have been the wrong thing for a good cause, but I wouldn't call it evil. I understand there are some of us who are rather devious, and enjoy causing mischief, but there are also those of us who bring luck, or are at least decent people.'' sighing gently she lifted her head back up.''Though.... I still don't quite understand why you saved me. Even if you believe all life has value, how could you be sure I wasn't Villainous? Besides, you only brought more trouble on to yourself. You know the king will not like the protection of a Kitsune.''

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight listened to the words of the kitsune, noting how tired she seemed to be from all the running as she spoke. He wrapped his arms around her in order to support her better, enjoying the warm sensation of having the beautiful girl in his arms as she spoke, listening to the words she said in a voice loud enough to be heard over the sound of his rapidly moving steed.

"Nice to meet you, Akira," he remarked in response to her words. "I don't ask for payment, though it seems you'll be stuck for me awhile longer, as leaving you to fend for yourself after that would be a rather terrible idea." He listened as she explained her morality, frowning somewhat as she mentioned stealing as he supported her slender weight in his arms.

"Stealing is bad..." he said to her. "It's not good to let children starve, true... but the bakers and the butchers need to make a living as well. With the king's current tax rate, those who make the food are striving just as hard to make ends meet as those who have trouble finding any." There wasn't a particularly easy way to deal with the problem of lack of food for the poor while the king held huge feasts where fat noblemen vomited in order to consume greater amounts of food, but crime was rarely an effective way of solving the problem.

"So which are you..." he remarked, "A mischief maker, or a bringer of good fortune?" He shrugged somewhat at her question. "The guards were unable to come up with a valid reason to terminate you aside from the king's genocide policy. If they had claimed you were a murderer I might have been more hesitant to save you... but so far it seems like I definitely made the right call."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

" yes, I realize my actions were wrong, and for that I do apologize. However, I don't entirely regret my actions. Even if it means one day I shall have to repay the bakers and what not. It was worth seeing the looks on the faces of the children. Though, if it makes you feel any better, the moment their parents saw me I was often chased away with a broom. " laughing slightly for a few moments, she watched the scenery go by. " well... I'm not sure if I bring mischief or luck. I've never really stuck by someone long enough to find out. However, I like to believe I bring luck. There was one instance where I was just leaving the side of a child, and a kind old woman gave the child a bit of money for food. Though, there was also the instance in which I had passed by a nobleman, but as soon as i had passed by then he was assaulted by a group of thieves. Of course, that could've been coincidence, as I had not been hanging around him. " letting out a gentle sigh she closed her eyes. " For your sake let us hope I bring fortune. " Akira purposely didn't comment on how long she would have to stay by his side, deciding to save that for a later time. For the time being she would be grateful that she was still alive. Slowly she raised a hand to her neck, feeling for the small sphere that resided on her necklace. Feeling it was still there, she relaxed a little bit.
    Last edited by Owl0430; 06-19-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight was somewhat surprised that the kitsune readily admitted she was wrong... he was expecting a bit more of an objection from her. However, he understood why she did what she did, and couldn't exactly hold it against her. Starving children were one of those situations where the heart often spoke louder than the head, though he personally would have paid for the food only because he had the means of doing so.

"I suppose we'll have to tell whether or not you bring luck or misfortune," the knight said with a chuckle. "Though I don't particularly believe in either. Men make their own luck, so I'll just have to ensure to bring success as much as possible." He rode on for a time, and though the summoned steed never seem to grow tired, there was a limit to how long the spell would last, and after some time, he sensed that the conjuration spell was fading.

"We should look for a place to make camp..." he remarked. "There should be a camp site somewhere around here next to a spring... should be as good a location as any." After some time searching through the woods, he located a spring, and rode upstream for awhile until he found a large pool of water and the remains of some long-dead camp fires. "They'll be searching for us, but we should have at least a few hours until their search parties come to inspect this camp site." He went ahead and helped the kitsune down from the horse before climbing down himself as the conjured steed slowly faded into nothingness.

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast