Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Trennan Academy for the Enhanced (IC)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Matching pairs of blue eyes snapped up at the rise in sound as a ruckus stirred up in the halls. The doors burst open and the bundle of cloth that was a boy stumbled in tossing himself in a chair across from them. Hunter rose, concerned by the bloody lip and heavy breathing, moving around the table and reaching out to push the lad’s head between his knees. Harper shifted between them, grabbing Hunter’s wrist to halt the gesture.

Three broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a dislocated shoulder.” Her voice was low and even as she listed the injuries she’d given the last person who’d touched her without consent. Holding eye contact with her brother she lifted her other hand directly to the scar on his chest as a reminder their powers couldn’t stop everything. Only when she was sure he understood and wasn’t going to touch the boy, did she boost herself onto the table between them. She edged her soda towards their newfound company and took a hefty bite of sandwich as Hunter returned to his seat.

You know I have grass stains on my butt because of you. Probably a bruise too. I’m going to tell dad. You’re going to get in trouble.” She spoke around the food, over the soft muttering of the boy, once more shifting her soda towards him. Her feet swung in an erratic pattern as once again Hunter snorted at her. His eyes flicked over the eskimo, understanding what she wanted, doubting it would work. He was on his way to a full blown panic attack, though if she continued moving that glass, maybe the shock of soda in his lap would snap him back. Opting to play along for know he leaned back with a grin.

Maybe I’ll tell dad about…

YOU WOULDN”T DARE!!” Hunter lifted a brow, sipping from his own soda, as Harper leapt to her feet and shoving an accusing finger in his direction, her back now to the boy. Cleaver plan of distraction, forgotten in her sudden outrage.
    ...ǟռɖ աɦɛռ ȶɦɛʏ ɮʀɛǟӄ ʏօʊ, ɨȶ աɨʟʟ ɮɛ ɨռ ȶɦɛ աʀօռɢ քʟǟƈɛ.
    ȶɦɛʏ'ʟʟ ʀɨք օʄʄ ʏօʊʀ աɨռɢֆ ǟռɖ ʄօʀɢɛȶ ǟɮօʊȶ ʏօʊʀ ƈʟǟաֆ...

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Abigail was confused by Austin's reaction to her offer for a handshake. First he stopped smiling then he took a step back? Was there something wrong with Abigail? They seemed to be getting along quite nicely five seconds ago, why did a handshake stop that? Was he a germaphobe? That would also explain the excessive amount of clothes he was wearing. Was it a gender thing? Was he sexist? Did he not like Europeans? Was it that she was English? What was his problem?

While endless possibilities went through Abigail's head as to why Austin reacted the way he did, her mind suddenly became quieter as he slowly moved his gloved hand towards hers. For a second Abigail considered pulling her hand back, but she didn't. Perhaps with a handshake she could begin a process of helping him get over whatever problem he had. But then, as their hands connected, her previous concerns went away. Although he still visually appeared to have a major problem with her, the handshake felt genuine.

Abigail knew what it was like to interact with someone she didn't care much for. In High School she had a teacher that was very Anti-Enhanced, but she managed to deal with him. She didn't think that was the kind of feeling Austin had towards her. She also knew what it was like to live with social anxiety, but that didn't seem to be it either. Whatever he was dealing with was much worse.

She would have tried to help him with whatever it was, but before she had the chance to do anything he apologized and ran off. She just watched in shock as he ran into things on his way out. When she noticed he hit the picture she previously pointed out, she went over to fix it. It fell to the ground so she knelt down to pick it up, then she attached it back on it's hook. When she finished with that she noticed the new girl in the room. "Honestly, I don't know if that would be very useful right now." She replied to the girls proposal of help. She was about to say something else, but then she saw the girl had a metalic arm. "Oh wow, that's neat, a metal arm. That got 'somethin t'do with your power?" She was clearly impressed by the sight, to say the least.

Fantasy, Sci-fi, anime, books
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Why did I enroll here?" Tilting his head Crane considered the question. "Well, this place is the best, isn't it? A place where those like us can learn how to live with being Enhanced. It's safer too, for everyone."

People like them were dangerous. That was a fact of life for someone that was Enhanced, something Crane knew well ever since his ability had manifested. To both themselves and everyone around them those with their condition were an ever-present threat. That was why they were here, wasn't it? This was the best school for those with dangerous abilities, and those who refused were able to do so because they weren't as big of a threat to all the humans around them. For what could a normal human do to them if their abilities were manifested in full? What but fold like flies? That was the reason they were looked upon with fear and hate. A fact of life for them who were abnormalities of humanity.

"My life certainly didn't get better when my condition manifested that's for sure. But," Crane looked away for a moment as he thought back to those years. "sometimes what came before doesn't seem real. This condition is too deep a part of me to imagine that I could have had a real life before it."

Her next question had him relatively flinch as he hunched into himself. Crane had known something like this would come up, but he had hoped he would at least make a friend first. Being able to talk to this girl so freely had been something he had been greatly enjoying! But now, what could he do? If he refused to say what his power was it made his sense of fair play sting when she revealed at least the name of what she could do. On the chance that she didn't mind him not saying anything that would happen when she inevitably discovered what he could do? What would happen? It would hurt far worse if he actually managed to make a connection only to have it cut him off and distance itself. The hurt he felt when he occasionally saw a flash fear in his parent's eyes was already too much. No. Better to nip such a tragedy in the bud if the possibility existed.

"My ability..." Steeling himself Crane practically forced the words out. "My power is something the doctors called 'Boundry Manipulation'. It's not an easy thing to describe really, but within my range, if I don't have these on" He tapped the frames of his glasses, "I can manipulate what separates something like reality from fantasy. Sort of like rejecting reality and substituting it with my own if you will forgive the reference. Of course, my range is tiny so you don't have to worry and anything that I make isn't permanent."

Looking away the black haired boy stuffed his hands into his jacket as he waited for his response. Crane was readying himself for her to get angry, get scared, get something and reject him. His power was weird even for an Enhanced it felt like. The sheer implications of it were far, far outside anything he was likely to be capable of even with years of practice but that wouldn't stop the speculation. Worst was that even now he was deliberately omitting one of the nastier aspects of his ability.
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It seemed that the panicked boy could not be helped presently, although she contemplated going after him still. She watched the door give one final feeble swing, sighed in defeat, and turned her attention completely to Abigail, who was replacing one of the Hero portraits back onto the wall. Fiera stepped slightly further into the room, feeling the mix of amused disdain and awe at the place once again, letting the door close behind her.

“Ah, I hope he is alright, then,” Fiera said in response to the remark on the panicked boy. The accent in her voice would probably sound strange to any person not from Safety-- the town was such a refuge of different cultures that much of it mixed together. So much that it became something called the ‘Safety Accent’, although no one but them knew what it was. It was useful for identifying newcomers and outsiders to the town.

Fiera was silent a moment at the shift in the conversation (she really should make sure he was-- but, then she would be being rude to-- which didn’t matter but-- ah, she could check later but--), her expression pensive before settling back into a gentle grin. People always asked about the arm, but usually only other Enhanced asked about her powers. Normal humans always seemed to dodge around the question, as if they expected her to break them in half. She certainly did look the part.

“In a part,” Fiera began. She brushed her left hand to her ear, then showed her hand to Abigail. One of her earings was no longer on her ear, but fused to her nail as if were metal that grew from her finger instead. “My body can fuse with any non-organic substance. Which lets me control this arm as my own.” The towering woman paused again, before holding out that metal arm for a hand shake. “My name is Fiera Macpherson.”

Regardless if the other girl shook her hand or not, Fiera would look once again toward the door. There was no stopping it. She was too worried about the other boy. She could look around the Hall of Heroes later. It wasn't like the place would be suddenly exploding any time soon. “Ay vey,” She muttered, “I should check on him. Would you like to join me?”

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin's breaths were shallow and swift and came out more like asthmatic gasps. He slammed his eyes too soon to notice that field of view had reduced to a tunnel vision state. He felt like he could get sick at any moment and throw up what few bites he had eaten of the apple he had dropped on his retreat to the cafeteria. 'You picked the busiest place to do this now, great going idiot... he thought as he cursed himself. His mind drifted back to Abigail and that handshake...how easy it could have gone so wrong. Visions of the color draining from her face flashed in his mind's eye while he battled his primal fight or flight instincts. He was now paler than before, a milky corpse-like white. It was a good thing, a very good thing, that he had pulled down his hood low enough to cover any view of his face. He shoved a hand into his hoodie's pocket and pulled out a tiny object, holding it tightly in the palm of his hand. He kept his fist closed that whatever he was holding was concealed, but it did seem to have a small calming effect on him.

Even so, he was still shaking rather violently, and now the table was as well. The glass of soda that the twins had gone to the trouble of setting up fell unceremoniously off the table and spilled onto the floor. Their food was next if they didn't pull themselves from their argument in time to notice. Austin's free hand was clutching his clasped hand as if in a formation of prayer. He now opened his eyes to look down at whatever was in his hands, and a single tear rolled down his cheek, but no sob accompanied it. He put the object back into its pocket, freeing his hands to hug tightly to his body while his head rested on the table.

Only now did he hear something besides the symphony of his own panic set to the music still playing in his earbuds. He finally heard a pair of voices arguing, one masculine and the other distinctly feminine. The part of him that didn't want to hide under a rock for all eternity wanted to tell them both to shut up. They certainly weren't helping matters, but then again he had been the one to retreat into their territory. Once again he cursed himself for choosing what would probably be the busiest place to have this happen. All he had wanted since he had been here was to keep to himself and blend in to the point of anonymity. He couldn't even manage to go half an hour before drawing attention to himself. He shut his eyes, desperately trying to calm himself, and pictured her face.

"Alice..." he muttered softly. His eyes shut again for a moment and listened to the pair of strangers argue. While it was agitating, it was at least a distraction from his situation. He reopened his eyes again and stole a quick glance from the safety of his hood, his entire face hidden from view. He did shift slightly in his seat towards their direction, but it wasn't clear whether they noticed. What he noticed was that they were twins. 'Makes sense...only siblings can argue so obnoxiously...' he thought to himself, prompting a pang of sadness through him. He returned to his original position of staring at the floor while shaking. The worst was over, and he could feel the panic slowly begin to ebb.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Someone pressed a cold bottle into her hands, Natasha looked up blinking at Delphine, then Fin appeared saying something about burgers in the cafeteria. She sighed, burying her face in the palm of her hand, then nodded. Reaching out, she picked up her phone, thankfully undamaged by the short fall, and pulled herself upright. It had been a long morning, she was still tired from the hospital and the flight.

She waved the bottle at Delphine in thanks, then turned to Fin. Folding her fingers flat on top of her thumb, she moved the tips of her fingers towards her mouth, then opened her hand with a shrug, watching him intently.

She'd installed a text to speech app on her phone, but with it not working, Natasha had to hope that someone would realize what she was trying to get across.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fin looked a bit confused at her hand gestures. "Can she not speak? I suppose not. I wonder, if it because of her abilities, or is it a disability?" Looking at her he could only really guess at what she was trying to say. "Damn, knew I should've paid attention in sign language in high school..." He hoped he wasn't wrong, but it looked like she was wanting him to show her the way to the cafeteria, at least that's what it looked like. "O-ok, you're gonna have to excuse me, I don't know sign language, but want me to show you the way?" He looked at the other woman who was also trying to help her. "If you wanna come you're welcome to, the more the merrier!" Fin gave a nervous chuckle before heading his way back to the cafeteria.

"Hey, so, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but it would really help if I could understand you a bit better. My fault, not yours, I promise." Fin handed her his phone, making sure it was unlocked. On it was a text-to-speech app, something he had thought he would need in case there was someone here that didn't speak English. It was meant more for him to talk to others but it seemed it could be useful for other things too. "Just promise to give it back before we get our room assignments. I'd hate to tell my parents I lost my phone to some girl I just met." He gave her a smile and chuckled at his own joke.

It wasn't long before he found the cafeteria again, he'd practically memorized the route. He thought he'd come here often enough and didn't want to get lost during one of his many midnight excursions. "I'll follow you, pick where we eat. It seems they have a good variety, though don't mistake that for quality."

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Abigail was impressed by Fiera's ability, and it showed. First person she learned the power of, and it was really cool. That gave her hopes that it would be a good year. What kind of other cool powers would she see it action there? Only time could tell. But maybe her stay at the academy would be better than she initially thought.

Abigail brought her hand up to Fiera's, accepting the handshake. She could talk about Fiera's powers for a long time, but she could also tell the girl's mind was on Austin. Yet she was a little surprised when Fiera declared she would check on him. She didn't even know Austin, yet she was set on checking on him. "Yeah, maybe we should check on him. Make sure he's okay." Abigail answered Fiera. "But perhaps I should stay back at first. Pretty sure I might be the problem in this situation." She walked over to the door and opened it up, holding it open for Fiera.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Natasha sighed with relief when Fin found the cafeteria, she wasn't sure where it was from the vending machine. It was going to take her a while to learn her way around this place.

She paused outside the door to key text into the app on Fin's phone, then played it for him. "Thank you, my name is Natasha. Please take your phone, the staff at check-in will fix mine."

If only to talk with her, she mused. Hopefully not another telepath, the speech therapist had brought one in and the guy got an instant headache.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looking away the black haired boy stuffed his hands into his jacket as he waited for his response. Crane was readying himself for her to get angry, get scared, get something and reject him. His power was weird even for an Enhanced it felt like. The sheer implications of it were far, far outside anything he was likely to be capable of even with years of practice but that wouldn't stop the speculation. Worst was that even now he was deliberately omitting one of the nastier aspects of his ability.[/QUOTE]

Octavia listened with intent as she walked beside the raven haired boy. Listening to what sets him apart from the others, what made his powers unique to himself. Octavia tried to comprehend it as much as she could but otherwise thought it was cool! The violet girls eyes lit up as she gazed at him. Interest filling every bone in her body.

"Wow that seems super complicated. But that sounds really cool! I can't imagine having a power like that. I really hope I can see it one day! I love that everyone has such uniqueness when it comes to powers. It sets them apart. If all enhanced were the same well the world would be boring."

Octavia laughed and patted him on the shoulder as she kicked her heals against the floor. What amazing abilities he had. But also very complicated. Although she didn't understand it fully she still thought it was really cool. If anything she respected him more for being honest and trusting her. Why would you hide it in the first place? Everyone here were alike in the respect that they had powers but Octavia didn't want to be known as the one who just had another power like that other person.

"I would love to see you in action one day. That power sounds so cool. Maybe you can even see me take a crack at my own powers. I'm so interested to see what everyone can do! And i'm excited to make more friends too."

Octavia tilted her head looking at him as her violet hair draped over her shoulders and the smell of lavender wafted off of her. Was this what it was like to be friends with someone? If it was she didn't want to stop. Being around other enhanced never felt so right.

Set by: Unknown

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast