Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stephen's attention was devoted to Rhea as soon as she started acting restless. It was unusual for her, and thus gave Stephen more reason than he already had to distrust this seemingly harmless couple. He leaned against the wall of the dining room instead of joining the others at the table. "Been with Rhea since she hatched. Just sticks around," he commented idly. "I appreciate you not killing her. Would've made this little get together pretty nasty, I'd think."
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nikola sat down after Ethel politely declined his offer. He took notice of Stephen and her pet and continued to talk to try and ease the tension. "This all smells quite nice! If you don't mind me asking, what all is on the menu tonight?" Nikola asked as his stomach began to grumble from the smell. Despite the friendly facade, he remained on edge. Something indeed was quite off.

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Don't worry, night stalker meat don't taste good anyways," Ernest replied, lightly chuckling.

"Oh, we got some fresh vegetables from our garden, some bread I made from wheat we bought from traders, and..." she said, carrying out a dish with some sort of sliced meat in it, "...my special recipe broiled mole rat meat. It is so nice to cook for more than just me and Ernest."

Joe was probably the only person not on edge. It wasn't very often Joe got nostalgic for his rather simple, rural upbringing, but sitting at a table, smelling a home cooked dinner, that made Joe pine for his youth.

"Molerat? My Ma..." Joe awkwardly paused, "...My mother used to make a great baked Molerat. This sure does look fantastic, thanks again."

"Oh, you're welcome dear, now everyone eat up!" Ethel replied.

Both her and Ernest found their places at the table. Ernest was sitting at the head, his shotgun sitting on the table next to his plate.

Joe started piling food on his plate. As soon as he had a bit of everything, he took a bite of the Mole rat. It didn't taste like his ma's, but it was sure good, especially after the shit they had been eating on the road.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Danis attention shifted as she caught a whiff of the food. Her stomach growled. "Well, if I die eating this food than at least I'll die with a full stomach." She thought to herself. She filled her plate with food and shot a glance Joe's way to see if he reacted badly to any of the food before she took a bite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While the others starting eating, Stephen remained leaned against the wall, observing. "No offense, but I'm not one to take food from strangers," he muttered. "I stick to what I know, and what I know is the dried gecko in my pack. You all can have my share of this."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watching the others enjoy their food inspired Nikola to do the same. It wasn't like the food he had growing up in Vault City, but it was better than the current alternative. "I gotta say, this is the best food I've had in quite awhile. What is this like a family recipe or something? Anyways, thanks for all this!" Nikola praised. He contently ate his food at a steady pace, wishing only for a stiff drink to wash everything down with. Despite the strange metal door and the contrasting personalities of this odd couple, this was all kind of nice. For once, things seemed calm. They all sat down and enjoyed a meal together, almost like they were friends.

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The rest of the meal went pleasantly. Joe, like Nikola enjoyed his dinner and the feeling of safety for the first time since they had been ambushed. The food had tasted divine. Nothing occurred to arouse the suspicions of the more on edge members of the party.

Once the meal was over, Joe stood up and said, "Thanks again for that bangin' meal. I feel jazzed up and ready to pick up some dust on the road now."

Ethel replied, "Oh you're welcome dear. It was nice to have company again. Why don't you all go rest in the living room while we clean off the table, and then we'll set y'all up for the night."

Joe complied, and plopped himself where he had been sitting before. Still feeling good from the meal, he asked out to Stephen, "We hit the only hip joint in nowheresville and you skip out on the festivities? You are one kooky cat. You should learn to take it easy and go with the flow once in a while."

While Joe faded into the living room, Ethel and Ernest grabbed some dishes and went into the kitchen, and began whispering about something. Ernest looked displeased, as usual.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani sighed with satisfaction as they all finished and headed into the living room. She sent a glance towards the now suspicious whispering couple and her food turned in her stomach. She approached Stephen and motioned softly for him to act natural. She leaned against the wall nonchalantly near him and waited for Joe to finish addressing him before she leaned towards him and whispered. "The old couple is plotting something I think. I don't like the whispering going on in there..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stephen bit back the scoff in his throat. He rolled his eyes at Joe, and only glanced idly at Dani. "No, really?" he muttered sarcastically. "People living in the ass end of nowhere don't just offer up their goods and break their home security for strangers for no reason. I should know - I'm one of 'em."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nikola joined Joe in the living room, casually sitting beside him. "Good meal huh?" Nikola asked.

After a short pause to allow a reply, he continued, this time in a lower tone close to a whisper. "Listen, I know you're not dense. Just following along with me here." He spoke to Joe. Then in a louder and more casual tone, he addressed everyone. "You know guys, it sure has been quite the journey huh? Remember that fateful night we met Stephen over here?" Whispering again to Joe "These people are too nice. You don't just feed and shelter random people off the streets." Switching to his normal tone of voice, he asked "Quite a different life out here, right Joe? Dani? It's actually quite nice. Very peaceful when you don't have raiders or radscorpions trying to kill you." Nikola leaned back in towards Joe "Listen fearless leader, I get the appeal of staying in a cozy place like this, but we don't even have our weapons to protect us should these people turn out to be hostile." He spoke in a whisper. Once more, addressing the whole group, "And the night sky out here, I'll say, it doesn't compare. What do you guys think? Have you ever just stopped to admire those diamonds in the sky?" Letting the others take over the conversation, he continued his whispered monolouge. "I'm going to try and sneak out once everyone is asleep and get out weapons back. At least my weapon, since I remember where I threw it. After that, we take turns keep watch, just like when we were at camp. Got it? If you get a chance, tell Stephen and Dani too, but keep it quiet." Casually leaning back in the chair, Nikola took back the public conversation. "All this traveling though, it really wears you out and these chairs are comfy as hell." He concluded.

Now all that was left was to wait and see. Would they make it through the night? Would they get their weapons back? They would be pretty screwed if they didn't. It was nice to relax a bit, but now it was back to survival. You don't make it in the outworld by relaxing.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast