Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I didn't hire him, I hired you," Joe snapped back. Joe was strangely quiet after that, his nerves on their last edge.

Joe started stoically pushing his way through the desert. The going was slow, however. Joe stopped and checked his map and compass what seemed every 5 minutes, smiling at the others with self-confidence.

After about an hour, and yet another stop, Joe mumbled, "Damnit, why didn't we stay on the roads...." , looking back at the others to make sure they weren't onto the fact that he had gotten lost.

Silently, Joe pointed North and began walking again.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani's blood boiled at Joe's words. After everything he was just going to snap at them and act like he had the right to keep acting like the boss? But... He was the boss... and if she didn't want to cause trouble for everyone she would just grin and bare it. Ok maybe she wouldn't grin.

She clenched her fists and teeth and grabbed up her bag and followed Joe silently.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

By the time Stephen had arrived at the night's campsite, it had already been cleared out. While this was not a surprise, per se, it did make him question his decision to return. "Clearly they've got this under control. Don't know why I fuckin' bother."

He began tracking the remainder of the team in spite of everything, and it didn't take long before he realized that their path was not exactly confident. He paused a moment to double check they were headed in the direction he thought they were, and shook his head incredulously. "The hell is he goin'?"
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It didn't take long before Nikola started to worry about Joe's navigational skills. The constant stops and double checking began to wear at Nikola's patience. He was not going to just follow Joe blindly as he stumbled through the desert with no direction. With one last stop and Joe pointing north, Nikola stopped. With his arms crossed and feet planted firm, he called out to their current navigator. "Joe." he said calmly yet sternly. "Where are you taking us? Do you even know?"
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Of course I know! Who was navigating before we picked up that kookie prospector? I have the damned map don't I?" Of course, they were on the roads back then, Joe thought to himself, and the map didn't show the wilderness.

"You aren't the only one with jets here vault boy. Now unless your Pip-boy has a magic line drawn to the installation in Delta, let me do the navigating."

With that Joe kept walking. Lost or not, they couldn't stay here, so Joe led them onward. He no longer frequently stopped to check the map. He instead confidently headed North, hoping they would run into a road soon, and then he could regain his bearings. The only reason they were out here anyways is because Stephen couldn't trust anyone.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani bit her tongue and followed the other two in silence. She knew if she spoke she would say things she shouldn't. She periodically looked back and purposefully stepped heavily to try and make it easier for Stephen to follow, if he had decided to come back. She knew it would also make it easier for a possible enemy to follow but she just held onto hope that if anyone was looking for them, it was Stephen.

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The more Stephen tracked the others, the more confounded he became. The amount of times the tracks stopped and wandered was staggering, considering it they could not have been traveling that long. Occasionally, Stephen would pause and reorient himself to see just how far off course they had managed to get, and how much work it would take to get back on course when he eventually found them. Rhea trotted loyally behind him, though Stephen's unusual pattern of sudden stops had caused them to trip over each other several times.

As they went, Stephen noted that one set of footsteps became slightly more apparent in the ground than they had previously, and half-smirked. That was intentional. With a bit more speed than he had previously, he pushed forward, anticipating a run in with the team early afternoon. Or sooner, if they kept up the wandering and stopping.
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe was right, and that made Nikola silent for the rest of the trip. The man had been leading them before Stephen showed up. Granted, they were on roads before. As they walked, it reminded Nikola of his time with the Brotherhood of Steel. Him and a couple of other starry eyed scribes accompanied by large, hulking men in metal suits of power armor. Joe might not have had a set of power armor, but aside from that, things were the same. A starry eyed scientist following a charismatic and confident leader who promised the world, on a path towards an unknown location full of insurmountable obstacles. Though his mission with the Brotherhood was a success, Nikola hadn't found what he was looking for back then. Perhaps now, he would find what it was he was looking for. Whatever that was.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe continued to move forwards, for that was the only way he knew to keep his fragile group and sanity together. As long as they were working towards something, they could not lose. As long as they were moving, the problems they faced could be pushed off to another time.

Joe drank some water, to keep his hydration up, but other than that, he had no more intentions of stopping until nightfall.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani trudged along silently, letting her mind wander a bit. She was worried about the fate of their group for sure. But thinking on that would only needlessly stress her out. So she thought back on the day she found beggar and focused on his silhouette circling above them as they walked.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast