Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 27282930 LastLast

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe watched Steven plant the two mines, and then looked down the alley to the street, before heading off that way as fast as he could. Moments later, the mines were tripped, and an explosion shot a cloud of dust out of the door they had just came through.

The second shockwave to go through Joes body in the past 10 minutes certainly didn't do him any good. He wanted to vomit, but he kept running, turning left and going down the main thoroughfare of the town.

By this point Joe had completely forgotten that he had wanted to avoid the middle of the town. His only focus now was on escaping the Deathclaws, as there was no guarantee those mines had killed them.

He turned back to make sure the others were with him, but did not stop. Joe led them down the street towards the middle of the small town, scanning for movement around them.

Ahead of them, on the opposite end of an intersection surrounded by two story buildings that likely used to be shops of some sort, were two cars turned on their side, making a sort of barrier.

In Joe's haste, he did not have time to think about how strange this was, and kept running right into the middle of the intersection, turning the corner to see the street going left was blocked by an old rusty van. Joe spun around to look down the street going right was blocked by a large piece of metal taken from a billboard.

He pieced together what was happening just as Legionaries armed with machetes poured out from the buildings behind them, blocking their only exit. They were joined by several rifle barrels sticking out of windows above them.

Joe turned white. Of all the mistakes he had made in his miserable life, this put any of the others to shame.

It was the Legion.

A cold, commanding voice called to them from atop the rusted van. "You were not the prey we were seeking to kill, but I think Mars has delivered us something better today. I would think twice about going for your weapons. You may kill some of us, but you will not win, and each man here is ready to die for his Ceaser."
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani panted as she ran, dragging Nikola behind her. Explosions rocked the area and she instinctively flinched and threw an arm above her head to block her from any falling debris. She followed Joe as quickly as she could and hoped he could lead them to relative safety. She was tired. So tired. She longed for a swig of something strong and a moment of peace and quiet.

But of course that was too much to ask. She stopped dead in her tracks and swung behind Nikola, pressing her back against his as they were surrounded by the Legion. She raised her fists in defense but complied with the commanding voice by not going for her weapon, for now. "Fuck, Nikola, what the hell do we do?" She whispered harshly to the man behind her. She almost wished the Deathclaws that had been after them continued their pursuit and distracted the Legion.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Countless expletives filled Stephen's mind as he realized just what blindly running after Joe had done. He knew better. The rush of adrenaline after dealing with multiple deathclaws must have completely shot his judgment. Even as his mind raced for a solution, somewhere in the back of his mind, he was already painfully aware that there was not one. Keeping his back as best he could to the rest of his party, he waited. Making a move would get them killed. Now, all he could do was hold his breath, swear that if he survived he would never make the same mistake again, and pray for an out.
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Nikola followed Dani in toe, he managed to clean a single lens of his glasses before they managed to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire. Before he even realized what was happening, Dani put her back against his and the tribal uniforms of their assailants became clear. "We could really use some deathclaws right about now..." he whispered sarcastically in response.

In truth, there was nothing TO do. When you run into a deathclaw, you know what to expect. What made the Legion worse is that when you ran into them, you didn't know what to expect. That and the numbers. Deathclaws are often few but the legion are many. When the Legion captures you, you might get crucified, or you might get sold into slavery, or you might be executed on sight. Some lucky few survive encounters with the legion and tell the tale of their brutality, that is if you consider being a cripple or losing one or more bodies parts as lucky. No run in with the legion comes without a price. Nikola hoped it was one he could pay.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe stood silent, and motionless. The internal dialogue inside his head was a combination of Nikola's in imagining the various brutalities he had heard about the Legion inflicting on their enemies, and vehement self flagellation for what he had done.

Joe had almost faced death numerous times on this journey, and he had begun to realize it was slowly changing him. Now, looking at the Grim Reaper standing in front of them, Joe's emotions swirled around in his head. He found it strange that his biggest regret was only that he had not done better for Dani, Nikola and Steven.

Ever since Joe had left his small California farm for New Vegas, he had set himself on the course to this moment. If it hadn't been the Legion, it would have been some loan shark, some jealous husband, booze, chems, or maybe a knife in his back on a dark street. He had been living on the edge of a knife for a long time, and it had finally tipped, as it had always been going to. In trying to delay it, he had only hurt everyone around him.

And for the first time in a long time, he was truly sorry that it had.

As the Frumentarii spoke to them, Joe could only look down, neither able to face his companions nor his self.

Several legionaries descended upon them, tying their hands behind their backs, and forcing them onto their knees. The Frumentarii came down, and paced back and forth directly in front of them. For those who dared look up at him, his face bore several long scars, and his expression was a wry, villainous smile.

"Now what a strange assembly we have here. A man in a suit, a fine suit I'm sure you wont see outside of California or New Vegas. A vault dweller. Their female bodyguard. And....your tribal guide perhaps?" He stopped, standing in front of Steven, before continuing to pace.

"But what is a group such as this doing way out here. You're clearly not Mormons, nor traders, nor from one of these desolate hellholes that the locals called a "town". And your certainly not from a tribe. That must make you spies, from the west. The NCR must really be desperate to send a rabble like you to spy for them."

The Frumentarii stopped, looking down at all of them. "So what is to be done?" He walked to Joe, and forced him to look up. "What about you suit, what do you have to say for yourself?"

Joe shook as he looked at the legionaries evil, twisted face. Normally Joe would begin to talk himself out of this, as he done many times before. But something about this man shook Joe to the core. He couldn't find the words to say, so instead he whimpered, "We're not spies, we don't work for the NCR."

"Even so, a man like you represents the weakness and decadence of the west and all the degenerates like you who cower in their soft comfortable lives in the cities. You must be made an example of, for you have no place in the world of the Legion."

He let go of Joes head, his gaze falling back down to the ground, wincing as the Frumentarii shouted, "Crucify this one!"

He made his way down the line next to Dani, touching his hand to her face, observing her features. "Look at you. You are much too pretty to be out here like this. No doubt you will make a fine wife to a legionnaire." He let her go, and shouted, "Take the girl with the slaves!" Wryly smiling at whatever angry comeback Dani would think of.

Next he stood over Nikola, and said, "What about you Vault Dweller? Why are you out here, so far from your vault?"
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani watched the Frumentarii pace and didn't take her eyes off of him. She wasn't afraid to die. She only wanted to find a way to get the others out alive. She watched his expressions and tried to read him. Is there anything at all I can say or do? Her thoughts were interrupted as he shouted, "Crucify this one!" Her eyes snapped to Joe's dejected face and her heart sank. She tried desperately to think of something to say, but no words came to mind. Until she felt a hand on her face. "Look at you. You are much too pretty to be out here like this. No doubt you will make a fine wife to a legionnaire." He let her go, and shouted, "Take the girl with the slaves!"

Dani's anger bubbled and she smiled darkly at the man before spitting on his feet. "I won't make it easy for you. I'll fight, every second of every day, I'll kill anyone who touches me. I'll bathe this place in blood. Mark my words." Her words came out in a low growl.

The man ignored her of course and just smiled, moving onto Nikola. But she meant every word. He would pay.

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the Frumentarii went down the line, Stephen's mind was preoccupied, racing for a solution and instincts on high alert for any weakness, any way out. His heart pounded faster than it had in a while. Or at least since the incident with the cannibals. At some point during the chaos, Rhea had taken the opportunity to flee, for which Stephen was endlessly grateful. She was loyal, but wild. She would keep out of sight, but close by. If he got out of this - which was a terribly large "if" - she would be waiting for him. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he registered the order for Joe's crucifixion and Dani's fate, but he paid it little mind. They would have to come second. For now, he could only hope he would be able to slip away. If he made it out of this alive, he swore he would never again leave the safety of his territory in the wastes.
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In any crisis scenario, it is important to keep a cool head. Fools who ran their mouth and didn't plan their actions end up dead. Observe your surroundings. Keep an eye and an ear open. If you look hard enough, you can find a way out of any sticky situation, as long as you keep calm and think.

His father used to tell him that when he was a kid. It was how Nikola had survived in the wastes for so long. Patience and awareness. This was not how he handled this situation. He tried to fight the rising panic as Joe was sentenced to the cross, but when the Frumentarii mentioned Dani, his blood boiled. He knew what would become of pretty young girl such as Dani in the legion, and he didn't know who's fate was worse: Joe's or Dani's.

As the Frumentarii came to him, the words he said barely registered, only the twisted evil behind the man's eyes. That is right were Nikola aimed when he spit in the man's face. "Fuck the NCR! Fuck the Legion! You wanna know why I'm here and not in my cozy little vault? Because assholes like you and the NCR who can't leave people alone!"

As the legionaries further restrained him, Nikola added, "If you fucking touch her, you're fucking dead!"
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After Dani was finished yelling, two legionaries stood her up, and started walking her away. As they did this, her bindings came loose, but not undone. Seeing as it was unlikely for a legionary to be so careless, blind sexism was more likely to blame. However, in the current situation this wasn't of much use.

As they dragged Dani away, Nikola spit in the Frumentarii's face, but the man did not even blink, nor wipe it away. "And thus we see the old world arrogance you find in Vault Dwellers and the NCR alike. That decadent individualism, that if we all just left each other alone everything would be ok."

He stopped, lifting his hands in the air, "Look around you! Look what you have created. The Legion knows what you have forgotten; we can never go back to the way things were."

He looked down at Nikola, and said, "You're no good to us. You'll go to the cross with the suit."

Lastly, he made his way to Stephen. "You're a curious looking sort. You don't need the decadence of civilization like them, but you look like no tribal either. Tell me, why should I not crucify you like the others?"
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani fought the two legionaries that were pulling her up and noticed that her binding wasn't very tight. She made a note to herself to make sure that they stayed that way. She couldn't escape with all these people surrounding them, but maybe, is she was patient, they would leave her unsupervised long enough to allow her to escape and to help the others in some way. Her mind raced, she had to figure out how to help her crew. But how?

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 27282930 LastLast