Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Nope, just some mutants," Joe said, confidently walking down the hill towards the town. Joe led them, tightly holding his shotgun, down a road than ran through the left side of the town. It was quiet, eerily quiet. His pace was slow and deliberate, and he looked around every corner before going around it.

Delta was a small town, and it wasn't long before they were halfway down the road towards the other edge of the town. Joe motioned for the other to stop, and take rest against the walls of an old, crumbling building that had likely been a shop of some sort.

"See, no problem, take some water and we'll be there in no time."

Almost, as if on queue, the wall behind Joe shattered, knocking him down, the feet of a large creature stepping over him, then letting out a roar.

A Deathclaw. The second shittiest thing they could have run into, and somehow Joe had found it, trying to avoid the first.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani followed the others into the small town and kept on guard. The quiet was unsettling. After a bit Joe motioned for them to stop and take a rest. She reluctantly flopped onto the ground cross legged and took a sip of water.

Suddenly as Joe spoke, the wall behind him crumbled and he disappeared beneath the legs of a monster. "Dammit! Joe!" She jumped up and immediately fired both of her pistols into the Deathclaw's face.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stephen had not been quite able to settle down, sensing something was awry, but unable to pinpoint exactly what. When the Deathclaw burst through the wall, he swore violently, shielding himself from the debris with his arm. With so many people in close range, explosives were not an option. He stepped back hastily and drew his sawed off shotgun, aiming high and waiting for an opportunity to fire. Simultaneously, he gave a sharp whistle, sending Rhea around the side to try and approach from behind while they kept it distracted.
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Shit! Some fucking mutant!" Nikola said as he jumped into action, drawing his pistol. Deathclaws were no joke, but he had fought one before. Well, technically he didn't fight it, but he watched a few Brotherhood Paladins fight one before. Creating a little distance between himself and the group, Nikola also fired a few shots near the Deathclaw's head. "Over here! I'm way more tasty than these other guys." he yelled, trying to divide the Deathclaw's attention.

"Please don't come after me, please don't come after me." He whispered to himself. He remembered what the Paladins did during their encounter. Granted, 1 of the 3 were killed, along with a few scribes. Surely they would have better luck, or so he hoped.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani's bullets almost seemed to bounce off the Deathclaw. It let out a roar, before running directly at her, seemingly only made angry by the hail of bullets.

Joe aimed his shotgun at it, but before he could build the nerve to fire, he heard another roar, and a second Deathclaw came running down the road,directly towards Nikola, who seemed to be making himself a target.

Two Deathclaws, now Joe was just sure God was laughing at him.

Joe now reverted to what his normal plan was when hell broke loose, getting out of hell. He looked across the street at an old library. If they could get inside, the walls might be thick enough to hold the Deathclaws out, and they could escape out the back further into town.

It wasn't the best plan, but unless wasting all their ammo or whatever the hell Nikola was doing paid off, it was better than dying.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Fuck." Dani growled as the Deathclaw came charging at her. She heard the second and saw Nikola seemingly running right into it's clutches. "Fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK!" She dove out of the way of the insanely terrifying creature and her heart skipped as it missed her by a hair. She had no idea how to handle these things. She looked around at the others as she continued to dodge the monster and wondered how the hell they were going to get out of this one. All she could do was keep this one busy while the others thought of something. "Hey! Ugly! Stay with me!" She shouted as threateningly as she could. She shot at it a few more times, aiming for the eyes. The beast charged again and she yelped as she caught its knee in her chest as she tried to jump out of the way. It sent her flying backwards and she landed in a pile of rubble, the breath knocked out of her.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stephen had never sworn as much or as harshly as he did when the second Deathclaw came out of the alleyway. As the allies around him scrambled to either escape or draw attention to themselves, he realized there was not much of a chance of them scraping out a victory. He had taken down one before, but never in such close quarters and definitely never two at once. Grumbling bitterly to himself as he backed out of the chaos and grabbed a grenade from his belt, he yelled out, "Only way out of this is gonna be through firepower! Get 'em close to each other and get the hell out of the way! Soon as you hear explosions, run for it!"
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The sudden roar behind Nikola sent chills down his spine. "Oh, you have got to be shitting me!" He yelled, falling to the ground in his attempt at an abrupt stop.

"Get 'em close to each other and get the hell out of the way!" He heard Stephen yell.

Considering Nikola's plan was contingent on there being only one deathclaw, it was time to shake things up a bit. Scrambling to his feet and ducking just in time to miss the literal claws of death, he hauled ass back towards the other deathclaw. "Hang tight Dani, I'm bringing the party to you!" Nikola exlaimed.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stephen's words were exactly what Joe wanted to hear. He had an escape route, and how he had cover for his escape. Joe shouted, "Library!" then waited for the sound of an explosion.

Meanwhile, the Deathclaw chasing Dani, was taking some damage, blood coming out of a few bullet holes that managed to penetrate it's thick armor. But it was much closer to getting it's prey than it was to dying. Once it had gotten some of Dani's blood, it came in for another, quick strike.

Unaware of what was going on behind it, however, Nikola came in, the second Deathclaw hot on his heels. The plan was coming together, despite the fact it has been quickly cobbled together without much communication. But no one was safe yet. Nikola had lured the Deathclaws together, but both him and Dani were still in harms way.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani forced herself into her feet with a growl as she heard all the differing shouts coming her way. Get the monsters near each other, get the hell out of the way and to the library. Got it. The bleeding and angry deathclaw in front of her came at her quickly but she threw herself forward and slid past it on her back, pelting it with bullets as she slid. She had to keep it's attention on her until Nikola could get closer. She stayed low to the ground hoping it would keep the creatures eyes focused downward. She rolled out of it's reach a few times and then without warning she reached down, chucked a handful of sand and small rocks at the creatures eyes, and took off towards the library as Nikola drew near. Shouting to him as she ran, "You better get the hell out of dodge Niki boy!"

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast