Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 282930

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stephen glanced up at the Frumentarii with an almost tired expression, and shrugged best he could with his binds. "You and I both know nothing I say can convince you not t'crucify if you already decided that's what you were gonna do. As for me, no, I'm no tribal and no fan of this world's so-called civilization." His gaze drifted to the side and he sighed heavily. "Seem to keep getting dragged into its shit, though."
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nikola struggled against the legionaries to no avail. Anger clouded his mind as the Frumentarii walked away. Looking at Dani and at Joe, this anger began to subside, though clarity is not what replaced it. It was fear and despair. Suddenly realizing the river of shit they had gotten themselves into, he stopped his pointless struggle. They weren't just up shit creek without a paddle, they didn't even have a damn boat. But surely Joe would have a plan. Their fearless leader with the silver-tongue. The fear, the anger, and the arduously long journey muddled Nikola's thoughts. He simple looked at Joe, seemingly staring right through him.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Frumentarii smiled at the blatant honesty of Stephen's answer. He seemed to be the only one who accepted the reality of the situation. "You are indeed right. But I never planned on crucifying you. Those two are enough of a message. I would send you back to carry that message, but I don't take it you'll be seeing many people. I think instead, we will let Mars decide today."

He threw down a machete in front of Stephen. "Whoever steps forth and kills this wanderer can keep the girl for themselves." He then turned back to Stephen, "Kill our warrior, and you will be free to go back to your pathetic meaningless life."

As the Frumentarii made his announcement, two hastily made crosses were dragged over and laid next to Nikola and Joe.

Far from having a plan, Joe had resigned himself to his fate. Tears streamed down his cheeks, his head downwards, unable to look at what was about to happen.

Several legionaries moved forwards to accept the challenge, but they were pushed aside by a legionnaire with a hulking stature and monstrous grin on his face. His deep voice said only, "I'll kill him," as he took out his own machete and locked eyes with Stephen. Everyone else moved out of the way, and Stephen was pushed to the ground by the legionnaire holding him, leaving him to what was to come.

Joe was forces to stretch out on one of the crosses, and as one of the legionaries grabbed a nail, he was stopped by the Frumentarii. "No, let them watch this."

Dani's captors set her down once they heard there was going to be a fight, and turned around to watch. She was farther away now, but could still see the others from where she was.

Joe let out a sigh, breathing now that the nail was put off, even if for only a short time. Nikola was still on his knees, all of them spectators to Stephen's fate. Joe managed to look up, perhaps out of a morbid curiosity. He looked over the monstrous legionnaire. He didn't like Stephen's chances.
    Last edited by Holocene; 06-02-2021 at 11:35 PM.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani kept as still and calm as possible with her head down. She fought back angry and frightened tears as she watched the others positioned near their crosses. She was just as relieved as Joe at the brief reprieve they were given when the Frumentarii sentenced Stephen to his fate. He was honestly given the most fair chance of them all. Though it was still a slim chance. She tried not to think on it too hard and used the distraction to calmly begin working at her bound hands. If she could slip away unnoticed in the chaos... then perhaps she could cause enough of a distraction to help her crew.
    Last edited by abbiejlee95; 06-26-2021 at 11:15 PM.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 282930