Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Don't worry about it," Stephen snarled shortly. "We're just leaving." As he re-navigated the traps outside the house, he reclaimed his weaponry, not so much as glancing back at Joe or to see if anyone else was following. He took a moment to dig through his pack and grab a bottle of scotch. Popping off the lid, he raised the bottle to his lips and drank deeply. He only stopped when it was nearly a third empty to take a breath, before repeating the process once more.
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nikola stood there for several moments, baffled. Upon seeing Dani come up the stairs, he ran over to her. "Dani, are you hurt? What happened down there? Let's lock the door and leave." He said with concern.

After securing the door, he threw Dani's arm over his shoulder and helped her rejoin the others and gather her belongings "Ok, so that's one crisis averted... more or less... What do we do now? It isn't exactly the best time to travel and some actual rest after that ordeal wouldn't hurt."
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe followed Stephen to where their weapons had been laying earlier, careful to stick close to Stephen to avoid the traps in the same manner he did. Joe picked up his shotgun, feeling slightly better to have it.

Joe watched as Nikola aided Dani to them. After Nikola spoke, Joe expressed his feelings, "What the hell happened to you Dani? I feel like I'm out of the loop, did some bad business go down while I was shooting Z's?"

No one had time to answer, however, as a rifle shot rang out, and whizzed right by Joe. "Jesus!" he shouted, throwing himself down before another shot rang out.

It appeared they weren't done with Ernest after all. Ernest's shots were landing close to the group, implying that he had some way of seeing them through the darkness, but his accuracy was still off, likely due to his injuries.

Joe looked around, but stayed on the ground. They were almost out of the minefield, but there was still a stretch of open road they'd have cross to get out of there. The only cover Joe saw was the houses on either side of the street, which were far enough away that Joe was afraid to run for it.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani couldn't respond to Nikola as her adrenaline rush began to wane. Her vision blurred again and she reached up to wipe the blood from her eye. She allowed Nikola to support her and they got to the others and she vaguely heard Joe's question and tried to look up at him when she heard a shot ring out.
    Her senses perked back up as much as they could and she shoved Nikola to the ground and dropped down beside him, avoiding her likely dislocated arm. Her mind raced. "How the hell did he get up those stairs? He shouldn't be able to walk with severed Achilles tendons... Did he crawl? How crazy is this guy? Why is he even bothering after I spared them?" She looked over at the houses across the street and struggled to speak. "Go! The houses!"
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As soon as shots started whizzing past the team, Stephen finally snapped. "That is fucking it!" he snarled. "Rhea, go!" He motioned towards the houses the rest were trying to escape to, sending his companion off. He grabbed a grenade and tossed it up to feel its weight, judging how far the house was from his position, and what mines were likely to be triggered if he missed. It was risky, but between his own anger and the injustice of the situation, he decided it was worth a shot. He barked at the others, "Whatever you do, don't stop running!"

With that being his only warning, he jerked the pin from the grenade and lobbed it with all the power he could manage into the house they were fleeing. It didn't matter what he hit at this point, as long as something went up in flames or collapsed, he would be satisfied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nikola fell to the ground next to Dani. "Ok Dani, just relax. Also, sorry if I make this awkward, I don't want to further injure your arm." He quickly wrapped his arms around her ribs and drug her to the closest building, attempting to block as much of her body from the gunfire with his own. "So, just a few things I've noticed, you might have a very minor case of a serious concussion. That, and your arm... definitely dislocated. Oh, also, what the fuck is with the guy!?"

As Nikola dragged Dani, the bullets whizzed by. "Come on, almost there. You can thank me later, just try not to move around too much, I've got you. Don't fall asleep either, that would be..." Nikola was interrupted as a lucky shot from Ernest tore into his calf. "Motherfucker." he groaned as his grip on Dani slipped.

"Shit, your head. Sorry!" Nikola slumped Dani behind the wall of the house and fell down in front of her. "Well, this is turning out to be one hell of a night."

He checked his leg "Damn, right before cover. How are you holding up?" he asked Dani just before an explosion rang in his ears.
    "There are bad ways to win and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which." - Grimsley

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Nikola dragged Dani across the opening, the fire being drawn towards them, and Stephen priming a grenade, Joe saw this as his opportunity to book it to safety. He jumped up, and sprinted with everything he had in him to the side of the closest house, and planted himself against the wall. After he caught his breath, and realized he was still alive, he turned his attention to the others. He saw Nikola barely drag Dani to safety, and now both of them looked pretty injured, but still alive.

Stephen's grenade, whether by strength, or through pure force of anger, managed to go a long distance, barreling over the minefield and landing just in front of the front porch. The explosion a moment later blew out all the windows, shrapnel spraying the house.

Stephen may not have gotten his wish to see something burn down, but the building was sufficiently damaged. It would have to be left to Stephen's imagination of the sniper was hurt or killed by the grenade, but the shooting stopped, at least long enough for Stephen to also get out of sight.

Joe went over to Dani and Nikola. "So..uh....they turned out to be bad guys didn't they?" Joe said, stating the obvious.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani groaned quietly as Nikola dragged her across the ground. The pain from her arm and the swimming of her head made it very difficult to understand what Nikola was rambling about. She glanced up at him right as he got hit in the leg and dropped her. The look of pain in his face and his determination to continue dragging her to safety outweighed the pain she was feeling. Her stomach turned and she chocked back a sob. They rounded the corner to relative safety and Nikola spoke. "Well, this is turning out to be one hell of a night. Damn, right before cover. How are you holding up?" She reached over to his leg with concern before the explosion rang out. The already splitting pain in her head escalated ten fold and she whispered, "I'm so sorry..." she heard Joe's garbled voice near them before finally giving in to her bodies desire to fall unconscious yet again, her concussed head landing on Nikola's lap.
    “I mean, it’s sort of exciting isn’t it? Breaking the rules.” -Hermione Granger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"No fuckin' shit," Stephen snarled as he rounded the corner. He grabbed the bottle of scotch again, which had miraculously survived the encounter, and downed everything that remained in one fell swoop. Once it was drained of its contents, he threw it against a house with all the power he could muster, taking minuscule relief in the shattering of glass that followed. Rhea offered a concerned whine, but was wise enough not to approach. "Got halfa mind to blow the place to kingdom come. Can't trust goddamn anyone and I knew better, fuckin motherfu..." Stephen trailed off in a series of swears and discontented mumblings, rubbing his left forearm in agitated furor as he leaned back against a wall. "We're sticking to the desert. I don't care how far out of our goddamned way we have to go but we're not dealing with any of this shit again."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Dani... Dani, you gotta stay with me Dani!" He gently tapped her on the face before reaching into his bag and pulling out a first aid kit. "In the event that..." He groaned in pain as he re-positioned himself and Dani against the wall. "...That this whole thing isn't over, keep an eye out while I do my medical magic." Nikola said offhandedly to Joe and Stephen.

Nikola pulled out a stimpak and injected Dani, hopefully waking her from her unconsciousness. He then grabbed an antiseptic and some bandages. "All right, this might sting a bit." he said as he proceeded to clean her head wound and the surrounding area before wrapping the gauze around her head, moving her hair to make it somewhat hidden. After the wound was covered, he cleaned the blood off her the best he could.

"Okay Dani, last thing. I won't lie... This is gonna hurt like a bitch. Can you face the wall for me?" Nikola said as he began to feel around her shoulder, judging the appropriate way to relocate it. After a moment, he positioned her arm and gave a quick push. It would definitely hurt like a bitch, but at least her arm was relocated. Just to make sure he did it right, he moved her arm around to various positions, apologizing for the slight pain he was causing her.

After his work was finished, he moved her shoulders to where she was leaning on the wall in the most comfortable position, given the circumstances. "Anything else? Speak now or forever hold... your... peace..." He trailed off as he fell to the floor, sapped of strength from the loss of blood and barely keeping consciousness.

"Just... another day in the wastes..." he stared at the sky before trying to pull himself back up. "I think... the bullet is still in... gotta stop... the bleeding... get the bullet out. Shouldn't be too hard." he said before falling back to the ground. "I just need to rest real quick... Oh and Dani... Don't fall asleep..." Nikola laid there, his eyes slowly blinking as his hand slowly reached into his medical kit.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast