Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] [IC] Fallout: Ain't That A Kick In The Head?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joe followed along with Nikola, but his response to Nikola was the same as it was to Stephen, and Dani if he had heard her. Joe whispered back to Nikola, "I expect this kind of paranoid shit from Stephen, and even Dani, but not you Daddy-O!"

At this point, Joe raised his voice, and said, "Now, instead of biting the hand that feeds us, why don't we all sit down for a nice relaxing night before we head back on the road.There's no re..."

Joe stopped mid sentence, a sudden fatigue coming over him. "You know Nikola, these chairs ARE comfortable..." As Joe said that, he slumped over on the couch, fast asleep.

However, it wasn't from the travelling. It was from a good meal, or more accurately, what was put in a good meal.

Stephen's paranoia paid off, but Joe wasn't the only one to note that he hadn't eaten anything. Ernest had been listening from the other room, and once he heard the drugs take effect, he was standing in the doorway from the kitchen, with his shotgun in hand.

By this point, if Dani and Nikola were not convinced to sleep, they would be too groggy to be quick on the trigger.

Ernest called out from where he stood. "Now, I know y'all ain't no damn traders. So for those of you still with us, why don't we talk about what you really are?"
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani felt the fatigue hit her like a bullet and realized she had made a grave mistake. Joe's comment about chairs and the shouting from their gracious host we're a garbled mess in her head and she started to slump forward towards Stephen but caught herself on the wall. Her knives and spiked knuckles we're no match for the shotgun pointed their way, and whatever had been in their food was not going to allow her her usual speed and agility. She gritted her teeth in frustration and watched helplessly, barely holding herself up against the wall.

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More than anything, Stephen felt a fierce, angry vindication in his chest as he stared down the barrel of a shotgun. Rhea's tail instantly began rattling in alarm, and a low growl built in her throat. In spite of this, Stephen stayed relatively calm, if a little bitter. "What I really am? An idiot for going along with this godforsaken trip in the first place," he grumbled. "Can't speak for the others. Slick over there," he nodded towards Joe, "has some strange whatever the hell he's hoping for up north. Couldn't tell you what or why; haven't cared to ask. Got dragged along so they wouldn't kill themselves, but that's clearly not working."
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fatigue had Nikola thinking the same thing as Joe. He caught a glimpse of Ernest as he struggled to keep his eyes open. Through the grogginess, he heard noise that resembled some voices but was unable to decipher their meaning. The sight of the blurry shotgun gave Nikola enough clarity to realize they were in trouble. "Damnit Joe. I told you so!" Using the rest of his strength, he reached out towards Dani, but only managed to make it so far as the floor in front of his chair before the allure of sleep overcame him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At this point, it was fortunate for Joe that he was asleep. To hear the vindication of his team would be embarrassing, especially considering, well, they we're right. At least in part, Joe would probably say.

"That's a god damned interesting story. Especially considering there is nothing north now that the Mormons are gone. And don't go feeding me a damn lie about you not knowing about the Mormons getting licked. No way you coulda made it this far without finding that out."

Ernest continued, becoming more deranged as he went, "No, I think you we're coming here to take what I have. My guess is your all Ceaser's men, that would explain why you're out this way. Well you're not the first to come here. I think it's time I show you something."

Ernest called out, "Ethel, come open the basement."

Ethel walked in, looking slightly distraught, "Oh Ernest, there's no need for that. Just let them go."

"Open the god damned door, Ethel," Ernest replied.

Ethel quietly complied, undoing the locks, and pulling open the heavy metal door.

Ernest motioned for Stephen to go in, and then he looked at Dani. "You able to move little lady?" he asked, before handing a revolver to Ethel. "Shoot anyone who moves."

Ernest started following Stephen, and Dani if she was able to come, into the basement, which was unlit, and had a dry, stuffy air about it. But also a smell. The smell of blood and flesh.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Danis stomach turned as ethel entered the room and opened the basement door. What could be down there? She glanced over at her unconscious comrades and thanked the Lord she had a small stomach and hadn't eaten much. She reached out to steady herself against Stephen as they were ushered into the basement. She looked up at him apologetically as she knew he would dislike being touched. The horrible smell of death hit her nose as they entered the basement and she promptly lost consciousness.

Post-Apocalyptic, Urban, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Stephen looked down into the dark basement, every muscle in his body locked up, refusing to move forward. His breathing, usually steady and passive, was increasing rapidly. Something behind his eyes betrayed a long-buried fear, an emotion he did not often allow himself to feel. When Dani leaned on him, he jumped sharply and came dangerously close to jerking back. His fight or flight response was in full swing, and little cohesive thought was making it to the surface. All was panic. The shotgun still pointed at him was the only thing grounding him even slightly to reality.

When he spoke, his voice cracked with anxiety and he struggled to form sentences: "M'not Caesar's. Fully trust you can protect yourself. Whatever you got, don't want it, don't care. I'll hit the road and won't look back."
    icon art by the always lovely Ekatii@dA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The next thing Nikola saw was a familiar sight. With great effort he forced his eyes open, only to find himself back inside Vault City. As he walked through the streets, the eerie silence began to haunt him. There was not a soul in sight. Looking for any sign of life, his journey took him to the vault proper. He wandered the halls of the underground shelter and was met with more silence and a growing sense of unease. In a moment of panic, he ran out of the vault towards his home. At the entrance of the vault, he finally found what he was looking for. Life. Not just any life, his mother was there waiting for him. "Where are you going dear? Aren't you working in the vault today?" she asked him casually.

Nikola was surprised but relieved. He regained his composure and replied. "Hey mom... I was just going to get some fresh air. The vault lights were starting to hurt my eyes."

"I'm sorry dear. I'll have the technicians check it out. Perhaps there is a problem with the lighting. In any case, don't lollygag out here for too long. We all have a job to do." His mother kindly reassured him.

"Yeah... I won't be long. Say, have you seen dad by any chance? I uh... had a question to ask him." Nikola said nervously.

"Don't you remember? He is in a meeting with the town council. He should be out in a couple of hours, perhaps you could ask him then?" suggested his mother.

"It's rather urgent... Oh, I just remembered, I left something at home! I need to grab some of my tools so that I can run a diagnostic on the G.E.C.K. I'll be back!" Nikola ran past his mother in the direction of his house. Tears began to slide down his face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"It's too late for that now," Ernest replied to Stephen, directly after which Dani fell unconscious on the stairs.

Ernest tensed up and shifted his shotgun briefly, "God dammit. She better not be playing any tricks if she knows what's good for her. Get the hell up little lady!"

Ernest had a crazed look, and the way in which he was pointing his shotgun down the staircase was wild, but he wasn't going to let Stephen get the jump on him, even in his current state.

He waited a moment to see if Dani would move, and then said, "Check if she's injured. If she wont move, carry her down. Now move!"

Upstairs, Ethel sat nervously with the gun Ernest had given her, watching the sleeping Joe and dreaming Nikola. But she kept more attention on the group's animal companions.

However, here too Ernest was prepared. Unbeknownst to the rest of the group, he set some drugged up meat on the floor for Niels or Rhea to eat on. Whether or not they were being watched by their owners and ate of the food, Ernest did not know, but anything he could do to lower the crowd he had to deal with would help. If they weren't passed out, Ethel was keeping an eye on them.

The group's fate now appeared to lie in Stephen's fate, or Dani's if she had something up her sleeve. Joe and Nikola were in another world. But first it was likely they would have to see what this innocuous elderly couple was hiding in their basement, and find out exactly what kind of people they were.
    Whatever could it be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dani felt a sharp pain in her arm, and then her head, as she hit the stairs but there was nothing she could do about it as she faded in and out of consciousness. She heard a few snippets of the old mans crazed words and all she could do was feel guilty when she heard him order Stephen to pick her up. She faded back out as she scolded herself internally. "You are so useless Dani. So useless."

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast