Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Start Role-Playing?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci-fi, medieval, adventure, tragicomedy, steampunk;
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was many years ago on a private forum. My first character was an amateur vampire who struggled to regain his humanity only to choose to die in the process upon finding out that is simply could not be done. I had so much fun writing in his stead, but my partners were not so amused. They wanted more romance, less life-changing plots. I just wanted an ending.

Modern fantasy, sci-fi, and mystery
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'll be completely honest. I was one of the many to jumped on the Warrior Cats bandwagon and I started there. Then I moved on from Probards to JCINK. I started writing humans in real life and fantasy and haven't looked back.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it all started out when I was around six years old, role playing cops and robbers with friends of mine in my neighborhood. Grew from that to seeing my parents play a game called Dungeons and Dragons; which peaked my interest. Played a little of it in High School and barely when I graduated. My first character was a Barbarian but I grew into liking to play Wizards. Started a forum to do it via cyberspace because it was hard to get together with friends cause of work/school/or family situations to get a game going. Then it went onto playing games both PC and Console of the RPG genre: Baldurs Gate/Diablo/Neverwinter/etc.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

For me it started on Runescape between me and a friend. just over the chat we would hang out while doing other things, or littrely sitting in clan wars in one of the few spots people didn't go.
    I don't remember if we moved anywhere else but Eventually I found the form Gaia through one of my other friends and they had RP forms on there. I eventually out grew that website and while searching for a new site to grow on I found RPA and have never looked for another Rping website again.

I think it was during my Gaia years that I really found out how much I liked writing Characters and other worlds just as much as I liked reading or participating in other worlds.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

I started on Neopets! When I was about eight years old As I got a little older I got frustrated with the censorship there, site hopped for a while but neber really settled down until I found RPA <3

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I started on PokeFarm, although now it's PokefarmQ or something. I was in like 6th grade and my dad got mad at me a lot for talking to strangers online even though I wasn't really talking to them rather than practicing my writing skills with them. After a while PF got kind of dead so I migrated to a website called MyCandyLove which has a much more active roleplay scene than you would expect O.o I stayed there for quite a few years but my friends on there kinda moved on so I did too. Now here I am lol

The Dragon Lady
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeesh... I started role playing in ye olden days of the first Yahoo chats. Eventually I graduated to AOL chats and online dice based RPGs, then Neopets, Gaia, and finally I stumbled onto RPA and (though I've gone dormant a few times) I've never left.
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I started roleplaying on a site formerly called myYearbook, which is now MeetMe. Instead of just a dating app, it had lots of forums, one of which was roleplaying from one liners (which is where I started) to the super literate roleplaying.

Then I went to GaiaOnline, VampireFreaks, Elliquiy... lol

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I've always enjoyed telling stories(which eventually morphed into writing). RP itself I got into on Neopets, though. I was like eleven at the time. Basically I was browsing the Neopets forums like I so often did. However, I decided to check out the Roleplay section since I so seldom did. I think you can all guess what happened from there. I've been hooked ever since, save for the time when I was about seventeen and quit for a couple years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I honestly can't remember...

I remember writing stories on Quizillia back in the day, stupid things really, y'all remember 'Lemons'? Yea, little experienced me wrote a lot of those. (I reread some not so long ago....Mega cringe...)

After reading other peoples stories I guess I... really didn't like how certain characters were being portrayed, then I guess one day I found out about a site called, Gaiaonline, from there it just...kinda happened. And here I am well over 10 years later still writing fluffy messes about my OCs and Canons....

A happy accident, RPing...has really helped me come out of my shell!

I've been on so many sites...BlueMoon, Gaia, MeetMe, Vampirefreaks, hell, even the Yahoo chat rooms when they were a thing. Omegle, KeichiiAnimeForums.... Briefly used MyCandyLove for rping but out of all of em, I'm still on Gaia...I can never seem to leave that damn site!
    Last edited by TheBlackCat0; 05-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast