Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You Start Role-Playing?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default How Did You Start Role-Playing?

Hello Everyone,

Allow me to express my sincerest greetings to you all. As a new member of the community, but not to role-playing I'm curious. How do you all start role-playing, I'll post my own after the first or second replies.

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Well now in my book there are 2 kinds of roleplaying so I'll address both. First off when I was a kid one of my friends bought a copy of Dungeons and Dragons. Also one day I walked in a shop and saw this thing called The Lord of The Rings Adventure Game which was another roleplay game. I can't really remember which one I played first but it was both of them at around a similar time. So that was how I got into pen and paper. For ages I didn't know you could also roleplay online but then I stumbled on a website that had a section for play by post roleplays. It kinda seemed like a cool thing to get involved in and they had a game in progress so I asked if I could join it.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 03-20-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

In my Freshman year of highschool I oped to try online schooling and at the time I didn't have any friends in my area, or online. So I decided to try RPing. I found this weird, quirky website that I wasn't sure was for me, but sure enough I discovered... it wasn't. Then I found RPA and I haven't left since. I met some amazing people and some that I truly consider friends. My writing skills have also improved which is great because I used to be completely horrible. I don't know why everyone put up with me. Now they adore me so I suppose my evil plan is working.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I suppose it's my turn now then;

I've been writing for about as long as I can remember, it's one of the things that I enjoy the most in the world. There's just something about creating an entirely different space with just words and your imagination that is relaxing. I used to just come up and get out some paper and write whatever I happened to be thinking about at the time. I did this until I was, I think a Freshmen in high school when I joined my first site and started to role-play. The site itself Wasn't overly fancy, but I had a good time. After a while, though I grew out of the site and have been bouncing around from site to site for the past half-decade before I ended up here.

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I've been writing since I was old enough to write. Might be short stories or poems. Rarely ever shared them; but, I still have plenty of them in a box if there is ever a time I'd want to reminisce. As for actually doing in-depth writing with others, I was in my teens and happened to come across the Hab's chat site..which was actually a hockey site; but, at that time most people were just chatting. Then we'd start writing stories which had nothing to do with hockey. Met some great friends there. Over time, I found people that loved the same things I do writing wise and the rest is history. Though I don't write much anymore for various reasons, I'd like find kindred souls and maybe try again.

Horror, adventure, romance, dark/serious, and action.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I started out on DeviantArt, then Tumblr, both were short-lived. And then I heard that there are Roleplaying sites. I signed up immediately to some other site. Then I found this place. It's nice.
    Last edited by Cogfell; 03-21-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cogfell View Post
    I started out on DeviantArt, then Tumblr, both were short-lived. And then I heard that there are Roleplaying sites. I signed up immediately to some other site. Then I found this place. It's nice.
    Well, that isn't very dramatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heheheh hi again!

And to answer your question... I actually started rping on a Warriorcats forum... Then it got shut down a few years ago so.... here I am I guess owo
    “уσυ ∂σи’т нανє тσ вє αи α¢α∂ємι¢. уσυ ∂σи’т нανє тσ вє αиутнιиg. ∂σи’т fσя¢є ιт. fєєℓ уσυя ωαу, αи∂ ∂σи’т ѕтσρ fєєℓιиg уσυя ωαу υитιℓ ѕσмєтнιиg fιтѕ. мαувє иσтнιиg ωιℓℓ. мαувє уσυ αяє α яσα∂, иσт α ∂єѕтιиαтισи. тнαт ιѕ fιиє. вє α яσα∂. вυт мαкє ѕυяє ιт’ѕ σиє ωιтн ѕσмєтнιиg тσ ℓσσк αт συт σf тнє ωιи∂σω.”

"thє humαns" вч mαtt hαíg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by αωαкєиιиg ∂αωи View Post
    Heheheh hi again!

And to answer your question... I actually started rping on a Warriorcats forum... Then it got shut down a few years ago so.... here I am I guess owo
    You again? Are you stalking me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFable View Post
    You again? Are you stalking me?
    //gasp how dare you accuse me of such!!! uwu

Hehehe... How are you?
    “уσυ ∂σи’т нανє тσ вє αи α¢α∂ємι¢. уσυ ∂σи’т нανє тσ вє αиутнιиg. ∂σи’т fσя¢є ιт. fєєℓ уσυя ωαу, αи∂ ∂σи’т ѕтσρ fєєℓιиg уσυя ωαу υитιℓ ѕσмєтнιиg fιтѕ. мαувє иσтнιиg ωιℓℓ. мαувє уσυ αяє α яσα∂, иσт α ∂єѕтιиαтισи. тнαт ιѕ fιиє. вє α яσα∂. вυт мαкє ѕυяє ιт’ѕ σиє ωιтн ѕσмєтнιиg тσ ℓσσк αт συт σf тнє ωιи∂σω.”

"thє humαns" вч mαtt hαíg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast