Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Did You Start Role-Playing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It happened by accident, actually. I used to write fanfiction and one of the people who follow my story contacted me, we added each other on msn (yeah, that old), and they told me about roleplaying. After a while, they asked me if we could write together, so it was a little weird for me because I was used to. I ended up liking it so much that I stopped writing fics because it wasn't as fun as writing with someone else. Ever since, I've been writing in many places, groups and private.
    "The biggest gift for any writer in the world, is to be read, and for the words they have written to help and move people."​

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Vampire, 1x1, BL, LGBTQIA+
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It all started when I was 16 and had been integrated into A nerd group at an all girls high school for 1.5 months or so. Then they got me to watch BL and other things and shortly after we were writing in binders and scribblers in class. Later I would do it via Gaiaonline as well, or maybe that was how it started seeing as I had been on there since 04. Which was like 2 years before high school haha.

Fantasy, Realistic, Romance (forbidden & non), Horror (still figuring that genre out), plenty more..
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I started roleplaying uhhh.. ~thinks back~ when I was 16. Wrote poetry then and upon searching for a site to post poems to..I found a few rp sites on the way. 🤷 Started writing stories and short rps with people all over the world and loved it. 😊

~Eliza
    Last edited by GalaxyKit; 09-22-2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: grammar

hurt comfort, fandom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i started on a site called "star maker" in the dms with another anime fan when i was 12 or 13 it was kinda cringe thinking of it now

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It was a different time, and like it was a different life. I don't know the same people I knew then. There wasn't online access. I was with a few other young people then where we would gather around a table and one there would be the "DM" for the D&D roleplay game we were involved with. Different ones among us started their own roleplay game to work with us, with different characters we had in those. It was a matter of time before I would want to run one. But that was late in that period, and I did not get far as I would have with those I had in my campaign. All of them were moving off in different directions in their lives, while I still worked on worlds for campaigns, and storylines for those, with hope of further roleplaying, if I would find others interested. I hoped for a long time, and worked on more modifications in my own direction, and would write further things. After much time and changes in life, I had opportunity to come online. With starting on Facebook I was looking for others with this interest already and seeking opportunity for any get-together for roleplaying initially, with even starting an online group for encouraging this. It never went anywhere, while I still wrote more, and later yet much more. So when there was time for it, I was working on getting works from me published. The thought that there was still roleplaying possible didn't leave me, and when I knew there were forums online for various interests it dawned on me to do an online search for roleplaying knowing there might be forums for it. There were several, this was just the first I went to. It was new to me that there could be roleplaying with writing without a game approach, which was fine with me if we are not at a table in person roleplaying, and I would be rusty with the rules of the game anyway, but I realize the games have really changed and rules used are not the same anyway. But now I am a much better writer than I ever could have been when I started with that early roleplaying.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234