Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Runes - recruitment and OOC

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

From what I have guessed so far, polymorphic magic is one of the things we’re not allowed to touch at the moment.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Correct. Such runes are theorised to exist, because the Mer can do it (the legends call these runes the “Greater Moonstones” because in human religion the Greater Moon God created the Mer, so shapeshifting is assumed to be part of his sphere). However, real life examples have yet to be found.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I am close to finishing my character, but I had a couple of questions.

1.) What would you say would be youngest age for a wizard to be realistically considered an upper tier magic user, especially if magic was learned secondary to physical combat? The character in mind would have been training as soon as he had learned to walk. Would thirty-seven be too young?

2.) How do you feel about a sort of secret order of assassins and warriors existing in this world? My idea's inspiration comes from a sort of Knights Templar meets monk monastery, but members act more of their own accord using their talents as they see fit.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Price View Post
    1.) What would you say would be youngest age for a wizard to be realistically considered an upper tier magic user, especially if magic was learned secondary to physical combat? The character in mind would have been training as soon as he had learned to walk. Would thirty-seven be too young?
    One of the things that makes runestones so dangerous is that proficiency is instant - as soon as you touch a rune, you understand the spell it casts and how to cast it. In theory, there’s nothing to stop a child from being able to wield magic...though in practice they might not have the wisdom to know when and when not to cast it, and they would probably do irreparable damage to their still-developing bodies very quickly.

So yes, 37 is perfectly reasonable for someone who has had the time to gather many runes, learn their own limits, and gain some experience in how best to take down other magic-users. He would also still be young enough to not be debilitated yet by frequent magic use.

Quote Originally Posted by Price View Post
    2.) How do you feel about a sort of secret order of assassins and warriors existing in this world? My idea's inspiration comes from a sort of Knights Templar meets monk monastery, but members act more of their own accord using their talents as they see fit.
    I’ve already allowed one “shadow” organisation into the story in the form of the Seekers (requested by Derp), so I’m not keen on adding another. If you want something Knights Templar-ish though, you could make him part of an order that the Shattered Gods priesthood employ to guard their temples across the Valley?

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Considering we literally have an order of mage warriors dedicated to keeping Runes in check in order to prevent a prophecy of doom and destruction. With literal Druids, I think we’ve gone pretty far down the whole Secret Otder rabbit hole. Magically assisted crusaders seems chill enough. And I wonder how these people will react to a person who literally takes powerful magics and throws them somewhere men will never find.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Spoiler: The ambassador 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

So can someone @mention me when I'm needed o.o I'll still peek here and there but if we're not starting for another week or two then well yea o-o
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Don’t worry Kiro, we’ll let you know! Just waiting on everyone else who’s expressed interest to post. I’m going to set an application deadline for FRIDAY 27th and a provisional start date of MONDAY 30th unless we get the intro written sooner.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sounds good Thanks
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I’ve already allowed one “shadow” organisation into the story in the form of the Seekers (requested by Derp), so I’m not keen on adding another. If you want something Knights Templar-ish though, you could make him part of an order that the Shattered Gods priesthood employ to guard their temples across the Valley?
    I can adjust but before I create a different backstory I do have a question. In the world you've created, is there somewhere specific that one might train in swordsmanship, practically from birth, under the tutelage of an accomplished master?

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast