Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Grimm Tales- Ch1: From these emerald waters (SiksXKris)

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Illvani's brows twisted upward with a surprise but she decided not to protest. Not because she was afraid, but mostly because there was something about this woman that made her recall of her keeper.

Keepers were the elders of each dalish clan. There was an aura about them that represented authority and power. The noble keepers will say little and act with words of hints- like their understanding of their elder gods.

Illvani followed her in silent without asking further questions. Hoping that the lady will allow her to warm her clothes or give her a chance to change out of them.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Cristo*

The old Magister led Illvani to her home cut out of the natural rocks of the island. From the outside it looked like nothing more than hole in the rock, but once the older woman pushed passed the ingeniously made door that mimicked the rock perfectly. The inside looked like it was taken right from Val Royeaux, polished stone floors, carved redwood walls and all the amenities from the mainland. Cristo let out an annoyed sigh and pulled her cloak off hanging it on a peg in the wall and ran her fingers through her silver streaked hair. Hang your clothes on the small clothing horse outside, it's hot today so they'll be dry in a few minutes." It was as much a request as an order, then the woman moved around her little cavern apartment gathering ingredients for tea.

"So what's your name girl?" She asked politely glancing over at the Half-Elf.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

The sight was incredible. The colors scheme, the architecture- everything was designed the way it should have been proper to the city of Val Royeaux, the capital of Orlais.

From her studies, Illvani learned much about the famous capital city, but the beauty before was sure more impressive than the sketches or pictures in her book. She felt as though as had stumbled right into the winter palace. Who knew magic could make such a thing and even sustain. No wonder people were so afraid of the art of spells.

Illvani was so awe stroke she nearly ignored the woman's question.

She collected herself as a crimson line appeared on her pale face, and coughed slowly. It was inappropriate to make someone wait for an answer, "err.. Illvani Tabris", she said, focusing her eyes on the old lady for it was also inappropriate to not get into eye contact when running a conversation, "This is very impressive, madam ... ?"

She wanted to get her name from her, and although she didn't sound Orlasian at all, the decoration of the place made her think it will be proper to address her the way Orlasians do, instead of calling her "ma'am".

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The Tevinter quirked her eyebrow setting the little kettle of hot water on the fire to boil. "I am Lady Marion Cristo of the House Cristo in the Tevinter Imperium, so milady is the proper term Ms.Tabris." The older mage moved to one of the wardrobes along the west wall. Opening the tall doors she pulls out a strange outfit and handed it to the young woman. "Here you may wear this until your clothes are dry and you might as well keep it. It's a Qunari outfit meant for a young woman, that idiot Captain gave it to me as a peace offering for being such an unabashed scoundrel. But I would never be caught dead in it."

Leaving the outfit in the girl's hands Marion returned to tending to her fire her joint making her walk a little stiffly. It was very rare for a Magister to seem less than the originals that once ruled the entire world, but mayhaps it was testament to the woman's true power. She could rend the meat from a person's bone before they could even lift a hand in anger to her. She wasn't worried about a thing.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Illvani nodded as she held the outfit before her. Seeing how... "revealing" it appeared to be, she understood why the Lady took offense- The lady carried herself with the gesture of royalties- meaning, given something as common as this, was a serious insult. Illvani however, was a guest here- and she got both received both hospitality and a gift, meaning that even if Illvani found the outfit scandalous it would have been rude to refuse- and by so she decided to change into it.

She pointed at one of the rooms, "Will it be allright for me to enter this chamber and change?"

The woman, who seemed still annoyed nodded in agreement and Illvani closed the door behind her as she started to remove her wet clothes. She quickly changed, and enjoyed the sensation of the fabric. She knew certain materials held rare powerful qualities to them, and realized the fabric must have been of such kind. So while not offering much coverage, it did provided some sort of enchantment or protection to it. If so, the clothing would be costly or expensive, but they did show more skin than what Illvani was used to have about her.

The captain was playing a dangerous game with this "peace offering". She didn't know what kind of offense he did against lady Cristo to be forced to give this outfit, but he clearly meant for it to be a double edge sword with a hint of mischief. The fact he was still alive was surprising. There was no way for the lady to not be offended by this, even if he could have claimed that she could use the matariels to sew different outfit. The fact he was not turn to stone or burnt down could mean few things: a. attacking him now would have been considered a rebellious act against all people in the island and they would have turned against her too, b. that she did try to attack, but one of his close companions dashed for his rescue. Probably the beautiful Saorsa- it might have also been her clothes or c. that lady Cristo actually likes the captain...

Hmm...

Illvani considered it for a moment. The captain was not hard on the eyes. In fact he very handsome, and he probably could have his way with the women and Cristo, as strong willed and powerful as she is, was still a woman.- And maybe it was hard for even Cristo to resist him..

Still, according to Emmy, the only woman who actually stood a chance with keeping the captain interested was probably Saorsa alone, and that was because she was accepting of his behavior and expected different things from him, that normal women would like in a relationship.

Truth be told, Illvani still felt like Saorsa was antagonizing her, but she admired the woman still. She was beautiful, brave, strong... and free...

Illvani stepped outside the room, realizing she took too much time dressing up- she could guess by the way the lady was eyeing her.

"Thank you for the outfit", Illvani smiled, "Green and red are not exactly my colors- I hope you won't be offended if I dye them later- but they are very comfortable, you have my thanks".

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Lady Cristo studied the girl closely. As she suspected the girl was a pretty young thing most likely meant to warm Sebastian's bed sometime in the future. But her being a mage was an interesting change, Grimm, like most men from Kirkwall had a deep mistrust of mages and if Marion wasn't Juliet's aunt he likely wouldn't have let her stay. And if Juliet wasn't pretty and willing to be a sex toy for the Captain none of them would likely be here. Marion was a Magister and Juliet, while she hated using magic was still an Altus and had deep training in the ways of Magic.

And as she looked at this awkward Half-Elf girl it was likely she was in nearly the same boat as her niece. Though Illvani here seemed more scared than sultry, likely a virgin. Either way it would be nice to have another practicing mage around to amuse herself with. As the girl asked if she'd be able to dye the fabric later Marion shrugged taking the whistling tea kettle off the fire and pouring two cups for them. "The outfit is yours to do with whatever you want girl, if it wasn't mildly enchanted I'd have used it as kindling for my fire the morning after the lout gave it to me. Use it as your normal outfit, use it as night clothes, cut the legs off and make a swimsuit or lingerie out of it I don't care, just don't forget to put your other clothes outside to dry, I've no desire to mop my floor. Now I don't like anything in my tea, but there is ewe's milk and sugar on the table if you want to add it to yours. It is simply Ferelden black tea, robust, but lacking in all the wild spices and such the Orlsians and Antivians add to their drinks."

With that Lady Cristo picked up her cup and took a seat by the fire stretching her legs out wincing slightly at the stiffness, but once she was settled she stared contemplatively into the fire sipping her tea. "So what's your story child? I take it from your wide-eyes awe at everything you've either lived in a Circle your whole life or came from the Dalish into a Circle."
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-12-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Illvani wasn't used to such luxury. Even though the kitchen was always open and available in the Gallows the students usually tried to stay away from the eyes of the templars, which often roamed there- and by so only had a quick warm drink in the night or morning during official meals.

She decided to add some milk and then hung her clothes by the fireplace. She then took one of the empty chairs and set by the respectful old lady, "This is a rather long story- I won't bore you with the details- I came from Denerim but I recall little of the place. I had spent some time with the delish, but only as respectful guest... even this I will highlight as I was not welcomed there. I was later forced into the circle, but not for long", She nodded as she drank the tea, "You seem to care a lot for the uses of magic- Were you an Enchantress? Or maybe Grand Enchanteress?"

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The older woman snorted taking another sip of her tea. She knew Southerners were ignorant of how things are in the Imperium, but hearing it always made her eyes roll and her head shake. "In a sense I suppose a Grand Enchantress would be fitting, but things are different in the north child. I was a Magister and once I was even in the running to be Archon. In the ancient days of the Imperium it was a supreme rank above the Grand Enchanters, but now they are as separate as night and day. I care for the uses of magic because it is not a power to be played with lightly."

The woman's face became unfocused as if she has had this conversation so many times it had become quite tiring. While your Chantry and it's Circles are mostly pointless and impotent it has a few good ideas, namely every mage needs to watched and magic should not be used without training." She sneered her lip up slightly rocking her foot lightly eager to move past the subject. "An Alienage, a Dalish Clan, and a Circle Tower. My, my, it's a wonder you've even made it this far. So tell me, how did you make our wonderful Captain's acquaintance? He save you from death or something?"

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

"Not exactly…", Illvani rubbed the back of her head as a red line appeared on her cheeks, "I invited myself on his ship. It was rather uncalled for, but I wanted to keep my head", she looked at the old woman and then dug her gaze at the ground, "I know it's not an excuse but that's all I cared for at the moment. I lost everything there and then- and I thought once I'm strong enough I can go and search for my mother… and from then…", she shook her head, "I didn't thought that far ahead… They started to butcher us like worms- even the little ones".

Illvani then raised her head and looked at the women, forcing her to stare at her glowing eyes, "Magic needs to be observed, true, but no one should take the job of a reaper and decides who is to live and who is not- They are not gods!".

Illvani then got up, and rested her hands on the chair's handle, "Why did you leave your kingdom, Lady Cristo? It sounds like a good place to be, where magic is feared yet respected!", Illvani gave a sad smile, "I'm kinda envious… though I've heard the treatment for elves is even worse- I'd probably wouldn't find my place there too, but you?", Illvani tilted her head, "You are strong, you held position and title… Why did you leave it all behind?"

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Lady Marion sighed draining her tea. This girl was buying so heavily into the "Elves are the only victims mentality" of the Dalish it was somewhat astonishing. But when she related how she came to be onboard the Reaper the former Magister could only give an amused smirk. "I left Tevinter, because my countrymen tried to wipe out myself and my family while we sailed aboard looking for artifacts and trade. So I came here for nearly the same reason you did child, to save my head. My enemies in the Council thought I had been holding onto my seat for too long, and with my only possible heir, Juliet being uninterested in taking it over they thought it best to hire pirates to kill us and make it look like a normal accident while some puppet they wanted took over for me."

She stood and went to pour herself another cup of tea. "But Sebastian stumbled upon our ship being attacked and after seeing my niece's bare breasts after a pirate had ripped open her robes he practically swam over himself to save her, I was just part of the package deal of Juliet and Aeden." She laughed sardonically at how easily her hot-blooded niece ran to the bastard's cabin to show him her appreciation. "But even after his intention and reasons for saving us were obvious his crew fought valiantly by his side." She returned to her spot by the fire. "And despite how much I hate Sebastian Grimm I can't help but admire the loyalty he inspires in the others by simply being the first crazy bastard into any fight. Everyone on this island owes him, but he owns no one and in truth he can barely keep himself in line let alone twenty some other people on an isolated island in the middle of the sea. So the loyalty is very strong and daily dalliances with different women aside, he respects and treats everyone with some modicum of respect."
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-26-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast