Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]The Echoes of Hunger: Sealed in Blood(OOC)

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

We should probably switch to PM's or VM's so we don't put too much off topic in here.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

@Vivienne your inbox is full so I thought I'd get your attention here.

There is a lot of Van Helsing elements to it yeah. If you want we can chat in the thread so I don't keep using up your PM slots. But essentially it is going to a mysterious city for whatever your own character's goals are. I'd craft the story around them, that's why the sheet brings up things like dreams and nightmares and goals.

What you play depends on your actions but it is also going to be pretty hard to not become a Vampire, as most things in this RP will be Vampires of one sort or another or monstrous creatures in general.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Player Name: Vivienne

Character Name: Mette Eld

Appearance: Mette is tall and well groomed, with her hair usually tied up in a bun or pulled back out of her face in some form of semi-elaborate braiding. She has a rectangular shaped body and fair coloured skin which has not visible beauty marks or scarring. Mette holds her back upright with an aura of confidence, with her head held high and body poised.

Eye Color: Grey

Hair Color: Dark Blonde

Weight: 150 lbs (10 stone, 10 lb)

Height: 5' 9"

Attire: Mette's clothing is of a noble quality but is dated and starting to show small signs of disrepair. She can usually be seen wearing a long flowing dress that sweeps the ground, tight bodice, long flowing sleeves, and sometimes a ruffled neck. She has jewelry on at all times, very conservative and flattering and nothing gaudy; items like pearls, small gems, and quality embroidery.

Weapons: Sword, elaborate and decorative as if meant more for display than practical use

Gear:

Inventory:

Blood Liters: 5.5

Dreams: To re-establish her family's name and status

Nightmares: Dying alone, her family's name and fortune long turned into dust

Purpose: Mette has come to The City to try to re-establish her family's business ties in order to re-build their empire, from scratch if need be. She realizes that she can't do it on her own, and she's been out of touch the last 5 to 10 years, so it might take some time and effort to get things back to the way they were, it that's even still possible.

History: Matte's family owned and operated a large mercantile fleet for many generations. When Matte was very young, her parents moved to Stundestadt in order to have a normal, quiet life. However, as time passed, life for the Erd family has grown worse; the shipping business is faltering as both figureheads have been unable to sustain and grow the business, while Matte has been unable to as she's been tending to her parents.

Home Life: Matte's home life has been very miserable the last five years. Her mother died about ten years previous, and her father has been sick the last five years with a debilitating illness. He has recently passed, leaving Matte alone in a big house that looks as if it's not been tended to properly in some time. Matte's left the house for the time being, determined to make something of her life instead of rotting away in the home all by herself...
    Last edited by Vivienne; 04-06-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Sorry for not responding right away, I fell asleep.

So she looks good so far, and to answer some questions the timeline is supposed to be vague to allow for some wiggle room and because it isn't exactly known.

Player characters are going to be a mix of hunted, and hunters, as well as a mix of humans and monsters.

Originally I had planned to not have player characters be from the island, but I think I was completely unclear on that. But, your character I think would fit in on the island. So let's go with it! Overall I really like your character concept. I'm also glad you did use the word flux, time is not exactly going to be linear in this RP,.

As for the image, it should allow you to either upload a picture, or use a picture hosted from somewhere else. I usually upload pictures to imgur, then use that to host them.

Also I'm currently playing DnD, but I can still respond and stuff.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I've updated the char. Will send you a PM as well. Can/will adjust things as I understand game a bit better.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alright all looks good, And got your PM and we can work with the stuff you mentioned. Since we have a character we can start the IC if you are up for it.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alright the IC is up for Mette. https://role-player.net/forum/showth...14#post2975114

When other characters are ready I'll do posts introducing them as well.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Vampire / Horror
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Player Name: Zed

Character Name: Alton

Appearance: Alton is of medium build, lean and wiry, having very little excess fat on him. He is not one to smile; an easily read assessment by any who glance his direction. His stance tends to be one of alert wariness. He is not an imposing figure, so the casual observer may look past him dismissively, due to the rough and work worn appearance of his attire. He could be one of a dozen men passed by every day who go unnoticed.

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: Light brown with gray.

Weight: 170

Height: 6’ 0”

Attire: Living off the land, most of his attire is made of leather, as it wears longer and takes a beating. He clad in a rough woolen undershirt and britches. His outerwear consists of a woolen tunic, leather leggings, soft leather boots, leather vest, and a heavy woolen cotte that has been patched numerous times.

Weapons: Alton carries two weapons. A long bow, and a war hammer. Though a weapon of war, the war hammer serves double duty as a highly useful tool to have on hand for living off the land.

Gear:

Inventory:

Blood Liters: 5.5

Dreams: Once upon a time, Alton had been an idealistic boy, full of dreams of family, home and contentment. But those dreams died a brutal death. One tragedy after another befell his family. For a child born into a loving prosperous family, he was now a man grown, having lost everyone who ever meant anything to him by cruel and unusual means. No one family could suffer such ruin without cause. Yet his was not the only family to suffer such devastation. There had to be a reason, a source. Thus he is on a crusade to find the truth. The truth of why world lay in such turmoil and death.

Nightmares: Dying without answers. Dying without making any noticable mark on the world except that he one existed.

Purpose: Having had so much ripped from him, he is single minded in trying to sort out the source which wrecks such havoc on peoples live. People spoke of better times. Joyous times. But something changed and that caused the the world to change. Could what had been done, be undone? He had to try.

History: He had been born into a life of ease, the youngest of eight children to a loving couple. But it was as though his birth wrought the horrible change in the future of his family. A once large family, with substantial holdings; tragedy and death was all he grew to experience. A beloved father murdered. The family business stolen by a lying business partner. Parcel by parcel, their holdings had to sold off to allow the family to merely survive. Then came the illnesses that took his mother. Still being a young boy, he and his older siblings soon found themselves without home and shelter. He watched as his siblings, who had once been a strong caring unit, dissolved into a fractured mass of selfish manipulators. He was shuffled from one sibling to another, each resentful of having to care for him.

At the age of fourteen, Alton struck out on his own. He left life in the city behind him, preferring to live off the land. He grew to manhood in the dense forests that lay around the city of his birth. But even so, there were times when he had to return to the city. It was during one such trek to the city that he met the girl he would take as wife. He became part of the girl’s family, working side by side with his father-in-law. He relaxed thinking he had found the family he had missed out on as a child. Life was hard, but there was companionship, and soon a child. But just as in his youth, the specter of death reared up again. The family that had brought him in, accepted him and made him one of their own, was brought low by illness. One by one he lost them. His father-in-law, a good man, was the last to die. It had been a hard pain-filled death. It caused Alton to harden his heart, and return once more to the forest, to make his way alone.

Home Life: For the next twenty years, Alton lived on the periphery. Just there, out of reach of anyone else. Alone, yet not content. Never allowing himself to get close to anyone, less they too die, and he would have to bury yet another person dear to him. But time has a way of making one question their actions. What if they had done this or that differently? What did he have to show for his life? Nothing. It was time for a change. What did he have left to lose? Nothing.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alright Zed your character looks good. I just want to ask how would you like us to start off with your character. The start would be journeying to the Great City, we need to have a reason he would suddenly go there after so long.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Well, I'm slow...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast