Thread: How to Make My Own Roleplay?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Adventure.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to Make My Own Roleplay?

So I've already laid out some basic info for one of my characters in my most recent post so I think I'm ready to start Roleplaying. I looked around and didn't see anything that caught my interest so I decided:

Hey, I know! I'll make my own Roleplay plot and everything!

But wait-I'm new so I don't really know if there are any 'guidelines' to making a RP here. I have plots in mind and all but I am not aware of any rules or recommended trends.

To break it down...
    1. I saw somewhere that there are GMs and Co-GMs for Roleplays or something like that. Does this mean that I have to be a GM in the RP? I have no problems with doing so if that's the case but I'm just curious.

2. If I created the RP Recruitment Post, how would I recruit people? Should I have them answer some questions and the like?

3. Lastly, are there any laid-out rules (beyond the basic forum rules) for when it comes to the Recruitment Post or the RP itself?

I'm a little scatter-brained and tired since I just got home from work so bear with me if what I'm asking doesn't make much sense and let me know if you need any clarification.

Thank you!

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1: You don't have to have a GM if you don't want one.

2: You could mention it to people, look around see if anyone is interested, the recruitment thread is the main thing to attract people. The site has been a bit slow lately though.

3: Not really other than the forum rules to my knowledge.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval, Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Adventure.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    1: You don't have to have a GM if you don't want one.

2: You could mention it to people, look around see if anyone is interested, the recruitment thread is the main thing to attract people. The site has been a bit slow lately though.

3: Not really other than the forum rules to my knowledge.
    Ooh thanks. I just wanted to check before I went out and posted my own RP plot. Thankies!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Basically you start by posting an interest thread in RPG Requests and Recruitment where you describe the type of role-play you're wanting to start. As you know your settings best, usually you are the gm - but as said above, that's not set in stone and you can ask if someone else wants to lead the game.

Once you have some interested players, then whoever's leading this game should open an ooc thread with character sheet in the appropriate forum.

We're all here to have fun, so it should work out.

Good luck!
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤