Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pirate's Life for Me (IC)(M)

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

James Hendricks

After his third hit to the bottle someone was already speaking to him about his way of drinking causing him to shrug. "An ale won't really do me well, may help my head yea, but it won't help my mind. And believe me after the week I've been through I really don't wanna deal with a sober life right now." He responded before looking to the girl....Man? He wasn't sure quite yet.

The appearance to him screamed girl but she was acting out as a man? It was a confusing matter and only caused him to laugh at the everything as he deemed them to be a female regardless of whatever they actually were. "Oh I'm sorry Mi'lady. I don't mean to come off rude or anything. Just a lot of things." He spoke before turning away and laying his head back down ignoring the world all while trying to shut it out.

James kept his head low laying his head on the Bar-top and closed his eyes trying to drown out the noise pounding in his head. All while trying to do this he looked to a plate of food in which was dropped in front of him, it was of course mushed up and looked like it was poorly prepped but it was also food none the less. The boy frowned at the manner it was given in but none the less he took the food with great thanks.

While it wasn't much at first, he didn't even think about his stomach at the time and just the smell of the plate in front of him caused his stomach to bellow with hunger. "Oh right....I'm hungry...." He muttered before looking over to the lady who graciously used his money to buy him along with her and a friend some food. Of course he didn't mind at the time but it could get to him later. But for now he only raised his bottle to the lady and gave a nod before hitting it one more time.

From that point, James placed his bottle beside him and scarfed down the plate of food. It didn't take him long and showed that he was hungry. James took a deep breathe and let out a heavy sigh as he looked up to the ceiling. The whiskey had already took effect for the most part which caused the ceiling to spin a bit but it was all good. He had no particular place to be today.... Or any day for that matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vane Verano

The Voodoo priest pushed open the bar door and strolled on in as if he had just hit the lottery. Snapping his fingers to his own personal beat humming along. He was in a cheery mood and excited for the day to continue on. Strung over his shoulder was a large bag, half filled with gold the other half was filled with tinkering tools of all sorts to progress his business.

It was a wonderful day that had just gotten started and he was ready to continue. He could see a group playing cards in one corner, which he may have to join shortly just to make a bit more money. Or lose a little but it would all be profit from today so it meant nothing more.

Vane grinned his little sly grin from behind his mask and pulled out a silver coin from his smaller pouch of gold at his side. He then rolled the coin across his fingers showing off and gave the coin a flick across the table to the bar maid.

The coin gave a spin and clinked against the plate of eggs where the female was eating. Vane only gave her a wink and took his mask off revealing his pale complexion. He set the skull on the counter a few seats away and motioned towards the lady. "Silver coin should be well enough, I'll take a fine glass of ale, and I'll gladly have what she's having."

He pointed to the eggs that were over easy and went to pat his legs to a beat which he hummed off to himself planting himself in a seat only three seats away from the group. Just when he thought everything would be well he could feel the eyes on him as he swayed back and forth. Of course everyone would think he was mad. Here he was, rocking away to almost nothing and listening to a tune in his head while everyone heard god only knows what.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Avril Blake. The name sparked something in Lucy's memory. Her gambler's reflexes kicked in and she masked any reaction she might have had by breaking into a warm smile.

"Pleased to meet you, Ms. Blake. I'm Lucy Stafford." She clinked her glass against Blake's, and watched out of the corner of her eye as that con man who called himself a Voodoo priest entered the tavern.

Focusing her attention back on Blake, she said, "I think I know that saying. Aislallian Navy...are you current or former?"

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

"Eun-Young Moon, but I usually go by Moon" Moon said. She raised her tankard of rum when the toast to those who had been lost at sea was called out. She slowly ate the food the barmaid had brought them and smiled at her new friend. She then eyed the woman who had just joined them and introduced herself. She then looked at the others around. There was the voodoo man, seems he had decided to take a break from his con near the docks. A young looking lad, or was he a young lad, he seemed to have some slight feminine features to his face, not that Moon had a problem with that, who seemed to be going hard on the ale; didn't the kid know the rum was better followed by the sake, or hadn't he acquired the taste for those? She didn't know, and frankly right now it didn't matter. Then there was the lad who had paid to much for his drink, and had, with Avril's help, shouted both of them a free meal, he was the one she had seen being thrown onto the docks from a ship a few minutes ago. "So have you lost the itch of being out there?" Moon asked Avril.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

She watched the gambler as she introduced herself Avril noticed a glint in her eye that disappeared in an instant. This woman peaked her interest, there was something about her. Avril was certain she had never met Lucy before. She would have to learn more. “Former, I've done my service to the crown.” Avril said, thinking about her time in the navy. She had enjoyed being in the navy, nothing made her feel more alive than being out at sea. But her low birth kept her from advancing. When she took the identity of Avril Blake she had thought about staying in the navy. The real Avril Blake hadn't been well known enough to warrant the fear of crossing paths with someone who could out her but she couldn't take that chance. If she was caught impersonating a officer she would have been hung. So she left becoming a civilian sailor. There still was the risk of someone finding out who she was but depending who she was among it was likely she would make it out alive.

She looked over to Moon nodding to her, she had seen the type before those scouting around for new crewmen or a crew to join. Avril wasn't sure which the woman was. This could be her chance to get aboard a ship if she was the former. However Lucy still had her interest. She had to know more about her to figure out what that glint was. If she was to join a crew here she didn't want anything to disrupt that. There were hundreds of reasons Lucy could had perked up but her mind kept going to the worse of them. She thought about testing the most common reason, Avril knew she was a pretty woman. She leaned closer to Lucy brushing her hand against the one holding Lucy's drink a smile on her face. “I've always felt most at home on the sea.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Jack favored the voodoo priest with a side glance. You didn't meet many in ports, and this one seemed downright... friendly.

She didn't see any smoking volcanoes as she rowed in, but perhaps he was keeping an eye out?

Or maybe he liked drinking with the invaders? She returned to her stew.

What to do...?

A room.

A room with a bath.

A room with a bath and a bed.

A room with a bath, a bed, and some clean sheets.

A room with a bath, a bed, clean sheets, and curtains to keep out the light so she could sleep. A week at least.

Then it would be time to find a new berth.

"Oy!" she called out, summoning the barkeep. "Know any nice places I c'n rent a room? Lookin' for some quiet sack time before finding meself a new berth."
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

James Hendricks

James felt his body drift off into a slumber for a moment and began snoring slightly only to be awoken when another man slammed something down on the bar causing him to wake up. While this man seemed to be drunk as ever he grabbed another drink from the barmaid and stumbled off to a table. James rubbed his eyes and yawned slightly.

After a few moments he took one more sip of his drink and shook himself awake looking to the group of females beside him talking about. "If you're looking for a crew I'm free." He spoke aloud and stretched closing his eyes. From the little he heard from them one was asking the same questions as anyone would ask in favor of getting people to join them. Yet this one seemed like she was trying to go the long way around of asking to him. With the ships he's been on he's seen it before and heard the lines before.

The boy was clearly already feeling the drink he had and gave a laugh at pretty much nothing. He didn't even know what he was laughing at. It was just funny to him. Yet he thought about his now former ship and crew and laughed even harder. "Oh the fools don't even know.... They don't even know." He spoke to himself remembering that he had ended up 'forgetting' to nail a board down properly on the ship only a short time before they threw him in the jail cells they kept below deck. Of course it would be some time before the ship sank but it would only be a matter of time before the board gave on the harsh ocean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vane Verano

The Priest continued humming and patting his legs until the food showed up at the bar top. With the food in sight he took his fork and began eating giving the group of girls a wink just before sipping at his ale. He seemed to have no cares in the world on life. And not to mention in his mind a girl loved gold so all he had to do is show his riches and he could possibly gain a friend for the day, or however long he wanted to flaunt himself around.

While he finished his food, he pulled out a rather small notebook and flipped a few pages of the book before pausing on an empty page and began jotting something down before drawing an image. "And the gods told me of a symbol to be found, to be found, to be seen, just ahead, I will look ahead. I'll look ahead and I will see." He said to himself and began humming once more.

If one looked to it they would more then likely not even recognize the symbol or if one did Vane would likely question them. But he left the book wide open and went back to sipping at his ale. Moments later when he finished that glass he only responded with yet another silver coin rolling it down the counter at the barmaid. This time requesting a drink a bit stronger. One famous in most bars. Rum would do him good.

Spoiler: Symbol 
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Argh...where...where am I?

This was Ayros’s first thought as he awoke on a hammock. He looked at his surroundings, discovering first the window that allowed light to meet his eyes from the outside, then the room, decorated in such a way that reminded him of his home in Erosia. Ah. Home...

Home, where his father taught him to swordfight...

Home, where his father taught him to captain a ship...

Home, where his father taught him to NOT captain a ship instead...

It was during his remembrance of warm nights with his family that he tilted his head just far enough for his eyes to make note of the wide hole in his shoulder, and his recollection of Erosian summer was replaced by the events that took place upon the Hawk. The events came in flashes: the cold ocean water biting his flesh and the fire in his shoulder and his father’s loveless stare.

“Are you alright?”

A voice stirred him from his nightmare. Cloaked in the veil of Ayros’s memories, a girl of about 20 had entered the house. He recognized her as a sailor, first by her cropped blond hair and adventurous blue eyes, and then by the slim yet muscular frame she hid under her uniform. Ah, yes...her Erosian Royal Navy uniform. Splendid.

“I see you wear the uniform of a Erosian Navy captain? What happened to get your clothes so reddened?”

Ah, the uniform. Saving his life yet again, it seems.

“Ah. Me and my crew were...wiped out. Betrayed, even,” he added, a pulse of anger rippling through his words.

“Oh...” the girl said in a small voice, either frightened by his anger or sympathetic to his pain. She sat down next to him and brushed his hair from his eyes. “Perhaps you could join my crew, we’re sailing to the East...”

“I can’t, I really must catch the man who betrayed us...”

“Not in this state, you won’t,” she stated with a convincing certainty, a certainty of a ship captain, a certainty that moved Ayros to joining her crew, and they sailed east together, growing closer with every day’s passing.

Until...

Present Day

“Damn,” Ayros sighed as he walked down the streets of the Atoll of Dolphins. Yet again, his father had all but killed him. Evidently, he still thought Ayros might be alive; evidently, he still thought Ayros was a large enough risk to send a warning to the entire damned Royal Navy.

And evidently, news travels rather fast.

It wasn’t long after they reached the eastern islands that the girl called Ayros into the Captain’s Quarters. This time, however, was different than all the others: this time, she kicked him out rather than inviting him in...

She saved my life...

Even so, Ayros was in some real shit now. Not only was he nearly penniless, but his name was now in the ear of every Royal Navy soldier from the Atoll to Erosia. He was now officially being hunted, and if he couldn’t escape, his adventuring days would be over.

He needed to find a crew.

And he needed to find one fast.
    Last edited by Ayros; 05-20-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks to Kicks and Κάρμα for the sig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I feel the same way," Lucy said. "At sea, I feel...at peace, I suppose."

She'd noticed the way Blake had drawn closer, the woman's hand brushing against her own, and her pulse quickened. She felt the old tug at her heart again, that ache for adventure. Returning the smile, she slid a little closer so her knee ever so lightly rested against the other woman's.

"I've been on land the better part of five years, and that's about two years too long for me," she said. "Are you on your way back out there, just returning, or both?"

Even the thought of setting sail made the ache so strong it was almost physical pain. Lucy yearned for sun and sea, for the creak of masts and the wind in her hair. It had been nearly a week since she'd come to the Atoll in search of a crew to sail with—she wanted to choose wisely. Maybe today, she thought as she regarded Avril Blake. Maybe with this one.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Feeling Lucy's knee brush against hers, Avril relaxed a bit. She felt a bit more at ease thinking that was what had caught her attention. She was being paranoid that's all. The odds of this gambler knowing she wasn't who she said she was so slim she didn't know why she had entertained the thought. Her hand still ontop of Lucy's she lightly drew her finger around Lucy's hand. “I have only just came to port this morning and hope to be back on the sea sooner rather than later. I pray the gods favor me enough to find another ship.”

She turned back to Moon not having forgotten her in her suspicion of Lucy. Moon might be able to help her off this island and back onto the sea. She wasn't just going to jump on the first ship available without first finding out as much about it as she could. Not that she had a problem with sailing with pirates after all there was a very fine line between pirates and privateers. Really the only difference was one was sponsored by a government. With the NSC they had been backed by Aislall, Herthal and Flenea. The three countries had a loose treaty among each other but the NSC had ensured that they treat all of them equally so to keep each happy. “You wouldn't happen to know of any ships looking to take on a Commander with experience running a gun deck?”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The familiarity of Avril's name still nagged at Lucy, but she pushed those thoughts aside. If they wound up sailing together, she'd have plenty of time to figure out that puzzle. For now, she let herself simply enjoy the flirting and the sense of possibility on the open sea.

Lucy sized up the woman called Moon as Avril asked her for a line on ships in need of crew. Moon had the look and bearing of a leader. Lucy knew her only by reputation, and she was pleased to observe that the real thing did not disappoint. The stories Lucy had heard were a tangle of rumors and truths, but most seemed to agree that five years ago—around the time Lucy had begun her long hiatus from sea life—Moon had led a successful mutiny against one of the most fearsome pirates of the day, then gone into business for herself.

Moon, Avril, and herself, Lucy thought, would make the beginnings of a formidable crew.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast