Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Pirate's Life for Me (IC)(M)

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Moon thought for a second. This was it, everything was moving quickly and coming together, her mind was made up. "I don't have a ship right now, but I might know of one being sold, and I have the funds stored away to buy it" she said. "So what do you two say? Shall we try and get a ship and crew together and head out on the high seas for...I don't know, adventure I guess? Or the love of it?" she asked. In her mind she was calculating what would be needed. If Avril and Lucy said yes then they would need at least four others since the ship she had in mind was a brig, which would need at minimum seven crew members to set sail, a literal skeleton crew. She would, of course, grill these two a bit more once they set sail. To find out more about them personally, and what they knew about her. Especially Lucy, something was odd about her Moon felt.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ah, the local tavern. If there was one person in the Atoll of Dolphins who knew where to find a crew, it would be the barkeep. And if there was one place in the Atoll of Dolphins where a crew would be, it would be here.

Of course, information wouldn’t come cheap. Luckily, the passerby who didn’t realize his true affiliation with the Royal Navy where sympathetic to his cause, and he scrounged up enough to afford an overly generous tip after a nice spot of rum.

Finally, he entered the bar...and immediately turned away from a noblewoman eating her breakfast at the bar.

Damn. This could get real interesting, real fast.

Still, Ayros’s needed information, and quickly. He made his way to the opposite side of the bar, past an absolutely strange ensemble of characters: a noblewoman, her...lover?, a disgraced seemingly disgraced sailor, a bruised young lad, a man, wait, no, a woman, and a...warlock!?

Ayros chuckled to himself at this last thought and approached the bartender. In an attempt to not draw attention to himself, he quietly placed all the coin he had collected on the counter (despite a pull to join the poker game behind him) and asked for a glass of rum.

“All this for a glass of rum?” the barkeep asked suspiciously.

“Actually, since you asked and all...I need some information, as well. You seen any sailors pass through here lately?”

“Well, you’re sittin’ next to-“ Ayros cut her off, and through explaining that he couldn’t mean them (for reasons he withheld as his own), he prompted an eye roll and the follow-up response of, “Well, they’re the only sailors I’ve seen lately without a full crew.”

Ayros let out a sigh and sipped his rum. Looking at the...er....interesting selection of companions, it seemed he was going to need something a bit stronger.

Thanks to Kicks and Κάρμα for the sig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"For adventure and for the love of it," Lucy said. "There are worse reasons to go to sea. Let's do it!"

Looking around the tavern, she added, "And I wouldn't be surprised if we could assemble a crew just out of the people in this very establishment. I've been here the better part of a week, and I can attest that the place is full of capable sailors between jobs."

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

James Hendricks

James listened to the three speak of setting sail and piqued into the conversation standing up and stumbling over. "Look I may be feeling it now, but I promise you that I'm up for the setting sail on a ship. Could use a new one since the last one threw me out. And I'm a great look out. James Hendricks thats the name." He spoke with a grin only barely able to stand on his own two feet swaying a bit as he stood.

The boy took a quick swig of the alcohol in his hand and gave them a nod. He was into the idea and knew he butted into the conversation regardless of asking him first. He didn't care tho, he was way to drunk to care. And if they said no he would only press the matter or tell them to fuck off. The boy wasn't sure yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vane Verano

The skull man placed his skull back on his head listening to the squander of people beside him taking a sip of his new found glass of rum. He grinned from behind the mask and slowly slipped out of his seat and placed his hands on Moon's shoulders getting a bit to close for comfort. A way bit to close as he leaned in beside the girl's ear. "A crew your looking for, a crew you will seek. Just get her in there and buy her away and set sail we will. Set sail we will and off we go. Gonna need a cleansing of the gods on a boat you will. Needing a group of people you seek. We shall join you, we shall help you. Voodoo priest has it all we do. We have your best interest at heart and here we are."

His sly grin from his mask kept strong as he licked his lips. "A voodoo priest who knows all will help you in your adventures. All I ask is a little path way into another town." While he didn't want to join them in an adventure it would be a great chance to steal all of their gold and sander off into another town with the money and pick right back up with his con man like ways.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

So Moon didn't currently have a ship, Avril wasn't sure how she felt about that. She usually preferred to join already established crews. There was so much to be left to chance with a newly formed crew. A ship's berth was a tight space and you spent day in and day out with these people. Depending on the size of the crew and your station you may find yourself sharing a room with one or more people. However with a newly formed crew there wasn't an already set rank structure. Advancing wasn't dependent on someone leaving or usurping someone else. She could easily find herself in a good position. The trick would be making sure they put together a crew that wouldn't get them killed in the middle of the sea. Moon seemed capable enough and Lucy could be a pleasure to have on the ship. This James didn't seem to have much to bring but every ship needed a grunt around the ship. The Voodoo man however she didn't like the man at all. Avril had never been very religious or superstitious. It was a fool's course and she had a feeling this Voodoo man was the sort to take advantage of the gullible. That wasn't enough to count him out though a man like him could be useful to earn money and ward off those gullible sort. “Aye perhaps this could work.” Avril said, refilling her glass and taking a drink of it.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Jack frowned when James abruptly left the bar to give his drunken enthusiastic support for a sea voyage.

Except, from what little she could overhear, there weren't no ship. Weren't no crew. Weren't no supplies.

And to find all that here? Including cannons? Shot? Powder?

Well, she grudgingly admitted to herself, they could do it, but to get it all and ship-shape before the season turned? It would be easier to steal another pirate's ship...!

The thought hit her while she was drinking her ale, causing her to cough, choke and spray ale over her stew. Wiping her face with the sleeve of her shirt, she turned and crossed over to the table.

"Beggin' yer pardon," Jack said, tugging on her forelock politely. "Do I ahears you right? You be seekin' to put together a ship and crew?"

"I should warn ya, it won't be easy. Ain't much in da way of ships hereabouts, least ways fer sale. Meybe a fat old merchant man waist deep in da bilges, if dat be yer choice? Powder's easy enough ta get, but iffen you want cannons or shot, ya might as well rejoin the crew you came in with," Jack grinned, nodding towards the Navy Officer.

"Ain't no of dat will be cheap, either," she pointed out, rubbing her forefinger and thumb together. "Iffen you got deep purses and can afford ta wait and take what's offered when and how it comes. Or perhaps ye be interested inna way ta do it faster?"

Jack grinned widely, hoping they'd take the bait. If this was for a fat merchantman, all the well good. But these looked like scrappers, ready to take on all comers.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucy turned to look at the speaker, whom she at first took to be a young boy before realizing her mistake. Something in the newcomer's face and mannerisms told Lucy this one was older—perhaps in the late teens. Lucy was also fairly certain that the kid was a woman, despite her boyish appearance.

"Faster, you say?" Lucy asked her. "What do you have in mind?"

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avril View Post
    "Faster, you say?" Lucy asked her. "What do you have in mind?"
    Jack smiled, leaning in close, for once grateful for her flat chest as anyone looking down her shirt wasn't going to spy much. Sea life tended to make you lean and hard, what was on her chest wouldn't calm the seas a tick. Maybe if she'd been an officer with fine food...?

"Dem wot has cannon lie over there," she said, her voice low and gravely, pointing out the window at the men of war tied up on the far side of the harbor. "Not many crew aboard, them what's got liberty ain't returning to da ship early," she leered. "Gather what supplies you need and enough hands ta board a ship ta wrestle it away from what few crew remain, then slip out o' harbor before anyone knows what ye doin'. Pick up da rest of the crew 'n supplies, and be far gone by the time someone come's lookin'."
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-21-2018 at 02:28 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucy's heart beat faster, and she had to force herself to think pragmatically. Commandeering a ship on the word of a stranger was about as reckless as it got. Still, like so many other things today, it felt right.

She waited for the bartender to get out of earshot, then leaned forward.

"If possible," she said slowly, "I'd like to avoid killing anyone. And we'd need to do some reconnoitering to know what we're walking into." She lightly rapped the knuckles of her free hand on the bar top, her decision made. "But I think we should do it."

She cocked an eyebrow at Avril Blake. "What do you think?"

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Listening to the boy speak she tried as hard as she could not to cringe at his accent and poor grasp of grammar. Not that she couldn't understand him but that she hated that manner of speaking, it reminded her of where she came from and the life she had left behind. After joining the Navy she listened to the accents of the other sailors on board mostly the officers and practiced to rid herself of her lowborn accent. His plan could work and she wasn't against stealing a ship either. “I think I can get a couple of us about that ship but perhaps we should discuss this somewhere with a bit more privacy.” Avril said, calling over to the bartender and dropping another couple coins on the counter. “I'll be needing lodging for the night.”

A moment later the bartender came over and dropped a key on the counter quickly scooping up the coins. “Second floor, last door on the left.” She said, then walked away. Avril picked the key up tucking it into her pocket then grabbed her bag heading upstairs inviting anyone in their makeshift group who wanted to follow with her. If this plan didn't come to be at least she would have somewhere to sleep tonight though if it did the room would allow them to talk without being ease dropped on. Once there she sat down at a table in the room and looked at those who had come. “As I said, I can get us aboard that ship for a look around. During my time in the Aislall Navy I served as a Port Master with the Port Authority.” Avril said, not telling a outright lie, she had worked for the Port Master as a guard but they didn't need to know that. “I know exactly what to say to frighten them enough to get aboard that ship for an inspection. We'll need to acquire a few uniforms though.”

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast