Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to hell (Howling RP)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Back to hell (Howling RP)

let me lay out the story:

Karen, to some, another victim in a freak accident, has been killed by werewolves and the world is ignorant of the truth regarding the Colony, despite her attempts.
    But something has been awakened. Alpha's and Beta's are rising up all over the world, in an attempt to destroy or lay waste to all evidence of the Colony's existence.
    Various human factions, some sympathetic to the werewolf cause (and willingly turned) are bolstering the ranks, whereas others are ready for war.

Chaos!

News has broke that there have been a rash of murders in New York as of late. corpses stuck in drain pipes, eviscerated bodies dug up in crypts. the telltale signs of a maniac on the loose? or is it something more? worse, Marsha Quist has been found by some of the wolves, ravenous, angry and hostile to both sides, due to the loss of her home. She is to be regarded with caution.
    (Marsha has 199 HP and max defense. around 120. you're dead unless you gang up on her)

this is a PVP game which forms a broad strokes continuity with IV V and VI. You are subject to the whims and Fancies of the GM, and the game world can change at any time.

OOC

Height
    Faction (Colony, Outcast, Human and Alternate)
    Colony:You the benefit of a good past and loyal friends. you gain a bonus of 400 XP for each kill.
    Outcast: You are a loner. the shadow if your friend. you think with your jaws and not your brain. +5 to AP but you get only 10 XP per kill (not counting bosses or other players)
    Alternate: Werewolves from other movies (must be bipedal)
    Human (Enemy by default, weak night vision, piss poor defense and attack and no abilities, masochists only)
    origin: how you were turned

Alpha (100 HP, 50 defense, limited healing, saddled with a curse (pick from below)
    Beta: 79 HP, 45 defense, saddled with a curse (pick from below)
    name
    Backstory: Who are you and why have you come to New York?

i highly suggest you watch the first film if you do not understand the RP. it's optional however.

one last thing, all Alpha's must accept a handicap. All Beta's must have a Handicap as well

Handicaps (both classes)
    Weakness to silver: Silver has a 5% chance to kill you, or seriously wound you

Weakness to guns: Bullets no longer just slow you down. Upgraded Calibers mean that bullets are now more deadly than ever. all enemies now Carry .50 caliber machine-guns and Desert Eagles.

Blood seduction: You are starved of blood for 3 posts, rendering your attacks useless. however, your defense is unchanged.

or one of five curses:
    1:
    Death's contract:

"You are saddled with the sins of the dead. for 3 posts, you take 12 hp of damage. however, you have a 50/50 chance of a critical hit in combat.

2:
    Chaos configuration

you gain 100 extra Hit points, 50 defense points and are immune to gunfire, but your chances of encountering silver carrying enemies increases to 75%. Also, you are now unable to heal from wounds.

3: Wrath of the Fallen

your Fellow wolves rise from the grave and form a living shield, blocking all damage and forcing the attacker to receive damage based on their defense points.

4: Hell Blast

You put all your energy into one final blow. if it hits, the opposing player (yes i said player, it is strictly a PVP function) he or she must subtract 40 points from his or her health bar. also forces a -1 to defense.

5: Ragnorok

If this is used in PVP, the opposing Player takes 50 damage (if it connects, the chances are a measly 1 in 5%) plus handicaps. The attack will also draw both Allies and Enemies to the same location. the Free for all is decided as follows:

As this attack effectively ends part of the game (the PVP portion, the Story still happens, and yes, the effects remain. near death from the attack? oh well), i will flip a coin. heads means safety. Tails turns the effect into a nuke, killing everyone and locking out further PVP. in short, do NOT play Ragnorok unless you have a damn good excuse (fighting an opposing player with 40 defense or accidentally fighting Marsha One on One) or are trying to deliberately screw up the game. if the latter, you are to pack up and leave.

you will be revived for the story mode.

Abilities (late patch)

To ease beginners entry into this game, you are allowed a few safety nets. they must be used either in situational (attacks, transformations) or GM driven (plot advancement, boss battles)
    or they can be used at will. they are costly however. the breakdown:

Blood rage (situational): this ability cuts through an opponents defense like butter, but you must have over 79 HP for it to work. (you will need a cool down period of 4 posts to recharge)

Seal of Sanctuary (situational): A streak of lightning chains up to 8 targets, not counting friendlies, dealing increasing damage per chain (if 4 werewolves are in close proximity, the resulting damage is multiplied as so: 4x4x4x4 so the end result is 256 damage. very deadly.

Wrath of the Colony: 4 swipes of the claw are inflicted on an enemy, giving a slight 5% chance of turning (wolves in PVP), or instant death (humans in story mode). most likely the latter, as each swipe does 40 damage.

enjoy

last note: the name of the game is Chaos. kill, help each other out, or be a lone wolf. New york is yours.

now recruiting
    Last edited by MadHatter41; 05-10-2018 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Fixing the game one last time

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Oops, looks like this was posted in the wrong area! I went ahead and moved it for you! If you have any questions or need any help, just let me know! In the meantime---

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

actually, yeah if you could help me find players, that would be nice. games all ready

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Well, you can follow any of the links above to help promote your RP! You can also update your signature to include a link to your RP and then post in some of the downtown forums. Once you make friends you can ask them to join your RP!

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

how do i update my signature

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

@MadHatter41; at the top right of each page you'll see a row of links - your username, "My Profile," "settings" "Log out." If you click on 'settings' you will see an option on the left side of that page that says 'edit signature."

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

where did you move it to?

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Special bump

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

special bump?
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91453

First it took Miller. it was...inhuman, snarling like a savage animal. The Elevators became tombs, the stairs deathtraps. We are All in a state of fear that we will be next. Something is stalking the halls, intent on feeding. We are in Lockdown

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Special, bump from an admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast