Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Kosmik Gis

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Queen's Minor Castle-Torgen(Town):

The cloaked figure ran with the man glancing behind him as he quickly looked to the ground his eyes focusing on a spot and he watched as the point dipped down just enough to cause one to tumble if they weren't paying attention. This of course would possibly stagger them and they could fall or one could simply miss it completely but it was a step that may assist them if followed.

As the two rounded the corner and lost complete sight of the guards, the man behind the cloak quickly pushed his body up against the wall as tight as he could next to the man who escaped with him. He sat quietly for a few minutes and peeked around for a moment to make sure the coast was clear. The man let his heavy breathing escape his lungs and gave a gentle laugh looking to the one beside him.

As the man spoke he smiled and nodded pulling his cloak from his head revealing his cat like ears that sat upon the top. "No problem, talking your way out of those guys are tough. Generally ends up in either you getting into twice as much trouble or them just killing you. They're greedy and that uniform they wear makes them think they're invincible."

The Neko looked around the corner to make sure they were still clear and only nodded. "Wanted? Hah, I'm a dead man walking so we're both in the same boat. As for the uh....Magic user thing I do appologize but they were about to hack now and ask later so we either ran or we just....Well die, I like my head so....." He let his words trail off and shrugged stretching his bones. The magic essence that cloaked his eye color soon returned to the natural ocean blue color they were once before.

As the man stepped closer in Natural reaction, he stepped back away from him being cautious. Of course the two had escaped together but he knew way to well than to trust someone so quickly. In his past events in life he'd trust them without a second choice. But with the way The Queen's rule had began magic users were turned in for gold and he couldn't be taken to that foul woman.

A part of the male wanted to glare at the man when he spoke of 'kicking his butt'. Another part wanted to let the man know what he thought on that matter but he shook his mind of it and nodded. He would play it off, well hopefully but he would leave it up to the man to believe his words as a joke or not.

"Well my good man, Magic user...." He spoke motioning towards his eyes and waved his hands as his eyes lit up this time a soft lavender. With the wave of a hand small flames formed around them and dispersed. They would seem more for show rather then for damage purposes. "So kicking ones butt may be a bit of exaggeration."

He followed his statement up with a laugh and smile towards the man. "As for everything else, it is a pleasure to meet you Dendrac, I am Kiro Akira of Norrifidan. It is a long, long, long ways away from here and probably a better place then here as of now. But I can't return home so here I am." His words seemed to sum up the matter of his home but he continued on forth.

Taking a bow he stood up once more. "As to why I assisted you, well thats a simple matter. On multiple cases. For one, I'm a magical being of sorts, cat ears and a tail." If the man paid enough attention he could see Kiro's motion towards his waist where he shifted his tail beneath his shirt. While it wasn't an important matter more to just motion the tail situation and where it was.

The boy then proceeded with his words. "Then theres Two... That Cyclops we saw is actually a good man just has a bad temper. Funny one should say it tho, he is an expert when it comes to leather works. And he's pretty good at it. Gentle Giant of sorts. Without any magic he stands a good 7ft tall. And well three, well it was either try to help you or watch your attempt to talk yourself out of it. Last time I saw a guy trip into a guard he lost his way to walk for having 'bad ankles'. Needless to say he had no ankles left after that situation. Left to die as one would say."

As he finished his statement, Kiro looked behind him and pointed. "We're still a bit to close for comfort with those guards. So I suggest we continue on. I have a few friends here in which I'm currently staying with. Only visiting tho, on the outskirts of Torgen." With that the man slipped the cloak back over his head and began heading off in the direction ahead. He half expected the person to follow him but wouldn't care either way.

The Queen's Villages- Stinel (Town):

The jester frowned when she spoke of not being able to donate and shook his head at her words. "Injuries, or no injuries. The days will continue on yes they will!" With that he continued on dancing and moved back into the crowd of people repeating his request for donation. He had no cares in the world and only wanted to enjoy himself. True there was always someone who needed assistance in the Festival as people were always doing stupid things to hurt themselves but he would continue on.

Just when one would believe that situation was over, another man crept up on the girl and grabbed his self with a grin staring the girl down. "I've got an injury that you can handle miss. It's a big one too!" He laughed only to be halted by the stumble of another man who bumped into him. The two then began their own quarrel about bumping into each other while a female approached the girl and gave a gentle smile. "Ignore him, he tries to sleep with all of the ladies. If you're looking to assist, I may not have much but my brother injured his leg a few moments ago dancing with those fools." The lady motioned towards a home just near the entrance of the festival. "I know I could have brought him to the healers and had them do it in the tent but he can't really walk...."

King Nero's Castle -Crex (Castle):

The king proceeded with his meal until the dine in was done. From that point the crowd dispersed and moved directly onto their duties. King Nero was the last to stand as he waited for others to clear the room. He did have important matters to discuss and now would be a great time to begin. Their stomachs were happy and it was time to do his duties as King.

As the man stood he cringed at a slight pain in his lower back mainly from sitting for so long other reasons from age. He glanced back to Maline as he motioned and began to walk towards the doors of the castle. It was common where he didn't even look back to see and knew she would be just behind him. "Maline, I have some matters to discuss with you. Some for my personal gain, others for the gain of other kingdoms. Though it'll wait momentarily until we're in much quieter areas."

His words came calm and collective yet was hinted at the wandering ears around them.Through his walk, he stopped by a hanging image that had been painted by one of the painters. It wasn't much but held the image of a white stallion. One of Nero's finest horses. Outfitted in iron armor it served him well through the years.

His path continued and he worked his way through the castle with little words on simple matters of the castle. His true matters would soon begin as they stepped into the War Room. Just before them was a large table with a clay model of the lands around them.

Other things to be noted in the room was a locked chest in the corner, three sets of armor, a sword rack and another large table which was empty and was large enough to hold a total of eight people. Nero shut the door behind the two before moving to the table that held the land's mold.

As the man stared down at the model, he ran his hands across the clay wiping a bit of the dust down before staring at it. "It's been many many years since this room has been touched. We've been a good long time of peace and without war and while it may be great. I personally have received some intelligence that speaks of The Queen ready to make a move. It will close in on us soon if we don't take actions on the matter." Nero glanced back to Maline and pulled a rolled up parchment stamped with The King's Seal in which held it out to the female.

"In this letter is matters for Queen Azrath. I need you to take it to her and deliver it straight to her. Not to one of her men, but straight to her." As he handed it over he kept a stern look. He knew Maline would be one to trust, and she could carry herself to Azrath's land with ease. Much faster then any horse he owned. In which he confirmed in his words. "I trust you will be the most reliable and fastest to get this to her."

King Nero's Castle -Crex (Docks):

A man watched as the man rolled his carriage off the boat and into the lands. Of course it wasn't an uncommon thing seeing they were across a lake but he seemed out of place. The man moved towards the one who just entered along with the small girl and piked his interest towards them.

Upon approach he gave a bow and nodded. "Greetings! I am the master of the lakes. I am here to welcome you to King Nero's Crex. I see you have some goods on your carriage, and am here to speak with you on the matter of business you have here. Everyone who enters Crex must sign a paper as a statement of arrival." The man pulled a book from his pouch with a quill and ink ready to pass it to the man.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

I'm like Michael Bay. I like to blow **** up.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Everyone who enters Crex must sign a paper as a statement of arrival."

Pavlo snatched the paper from the man's hands, drawing a straight line into it.

"I don't know when you all started this, because it wasn't a thing last year. I wonder who the genius was that thought a written log would be a great idea when half the people visiting can't read or write." He caught himself, pausing for a moment to slow the aggressiveness building in his voice.

"I apologize. What I mean to say is, I am Abraham Kinnus's son. You must've met him given your status as the Lake Grandmaster." Pavlo motioned to Gaia,"We are heading up to see him and our companion still at the wagon will be moving it into town to set up a stall. Contact William Bradford with the guards, the one with the scar on his bottom lip. He knows us and can assist my friend with the minor details."

He handed the parchment back to the Lake Master. "I do not mean to be too short with you my new friend, but it has been a rather long journey here for us, and I haven't seen Abraham in a year. So, we are going to head there now, but feel free to go ahead if you want to announce our arrival... I don't know if that's part of your job or if people even still do that here."

Gaia began to skip forward a little bit, stretching her legs. Sitting on the wagon for so long made them tense and they wanted for the ability to move again.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

While four gold was quite the price to pay for Fenris, he was more than glad to pay up. Gaining further information on the past was essential, for he had only heard bits and pieces of the past from varying sources. This text may truly show the past, or it may just be propaganda. Either way, Fenris had to know. Handing the man four gold, he quickly took the book into his hand, admiring the handiwork of whoever had crafted it. Between the smooth, cool cover and the crisp pages, Fenris knew that he had just made a great purchase! “Thank you for the book! I’ll be sure to buy from you again should I ever need to purchase more books.” Wrapping his arms around the book and nodding at the man, he made his way to a quiet corner, greeting those who acknowledged him along the way, and began to read on the Rise of the Queen.

Fantasy, SciFi, Mystery, Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Dendrac kept his head low and followed Kiro. It seemed like a fairly open invitation and putting more distance between yourself and the scene of the crime almost never hurt. He was new in town and it would be good to get the lay of the land. And it's always good to know people, whether they are friends or not.

He followed along silently as Kiro lead the way, eyes open to the surroundings in order to get his orientation and to keep aware of ambushes, traps or more guards. Either waiting for Kiro to speak or to arrive at the "destination" which was probably not a trap.
    Vini, vidi, vici

In the dark corners of my heart and soul.
    Fantasy, Romance, Si-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She watched with great intensity as her eyes scanned the room. Loud voices, distant conversations, ideal chitchat, all bored her greatly. How she wanted to just sit in the corner, drink some dark ale, and nibble on stale bread. This part of her duties was what she despised the most. She was very prideful in her watch, in her ability to keep the King safe, to watch over him and his subjects, but listening to these pointless arguments burned her ears.

Her wings twitched behind her as her heart hammered. It only did it when he was around, and sure enough, after she scanned the room, her eyes laid upon Falcyn. He stood stone still after entering the Great Room, and only she noticed the quick movements of his eyes as he gazed around the room, taking in the others' auras. It was his born ability, to read the auras of others, and know their true intent. It was also he that help King Nero take Malina in and train her to become what she was today...the most trusted guard at King Nero's back.

She couldn't help to let her gaze wonder down his long lean body...and she quickly had to advert her gaze when his eyes landed on her. She watched him take her in, and she felt his hot stare all the way down her legs and back to her face. She saw the sly twitch of his lips as he let one corner of his lips quirk into a smile. She turned her head away, and looked out to the horizon, watching the birds fly. If only she could spread her wings and leave...leave this land and all the evil it possessed.

Well, not all here was evil. She slowly dared to look back to Falcyn, who was now closer than before his completely overkill of a sword rested against the front of his body. She looked into his brown eyes before slowly lowering her head in both respect and acknowledgment.

He looked slightly past her head and then back to her eyes, his brow rose with question. She knew the look, it was often given to others when Falcyn was questioning them and the words they spoke against the aura that showed. Those questioning eyes now looked to her. She didn't say a word as her gaze went back out the window and to the free creatures flying in the beautifully blue sky. When their eyes met again he merely lowered his head in understanding.

Falcyn jerked to attention as the King stood. It wasn't until she regained her composure that she realized most of the men in the Great Hall were leaving. She was slightly revealed, and angry that she let herself daydream while she was suppose to protect the King. She growled low in her throat so only she could hear as she nodded to the King's words around matters needing to be discussed.

With her heart slightly saddened, she watched Falcyn leave. She made a mental note to make sure to see him before the night was through.

She followed the King through the halls, not speaking a word as they both ended up in the War Room in silence. The door left an eery echo as it closed behind them, a chill ran down her spine. She was but a child when she was last in this room. She had hope no need would be needed...at least not until she was able to convince the King to attack and end the Queen's reign.

When he spoke of the Queen possibly ready to make a move, her heart thumped a little harder. She watched him hand her a rolled parchment, his blue stamp visibly noticeable. She grabbed it with gentle fingers. What he was asking her to do was important...but perhaps foolish. She dared to never go against her King's wishes...but she couldn't bite her tongue on this matter.

“Who is taking my place while I am away?” She tilted her head as she looked into his eyes for a brief moment, before looking back down into the letter in her hand. "And am I to go alone?" Her voice was velvet fire, it burned the moment it left her lips to when it touched peoples' ears. She held a voice that was made to be listened to, not to be denied. She would no doubt be there and back within a week...but to leave the King to the men that called themselves "guards" was...a horrendous thought.
    Last edited by AthenaSyphier; 04-26-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

(Dice Roll six sided=5- Pass!) Clean Escape!

The man kept his head low passing through the town. Each corner was a deadly one in his eyes and he was almost waiting for a guillotine to drop right on his head as he passed each road. His motions showed caution as he peeked around each corners and waited for the coast to be clear. He knew his actions would have guards on high alert, on top of that in just moments he could see the patrol of the town already growing in numbers as they searched for the two men. Kiro glanced back to the man and with a gentle laugh he shook his head. "Sorry bout' causing you some trouble here. But we're almost there." He spoke with confidence and continued on.

His path would bring them to the outskirts of Torgen and into what seemed like a small farming community of three homes. While others seemed much bigger Kiro picked the smallest of houses and stopped just before the doors nodding to the man. "Alright we're here. They're harmless and kind people. They've housed me a few times when I've used magic out in the open."

Kiro knocked on the door in what seemed to sound like an off tone before knocking regularly, as the two waited he rocked back and forth in place looking up at the sky. It was only moments before a young boy who looked much similar to the man opened the door and lit up with joy. "Daddy!" Shouted the young boy as he leaped into Kiro's arms causing him to laugh and pick him up ruffling his hair ever so slightly giving it a messy look. "Seikatsu, I'm back and I've brought a friend."

The young boy looked to the man who stood behind Kiro and grinned waving at him. "Hi friend!" He spoke aloud and jumped out of Kiro's arms returning to the home inside. Kiro soon followed and motioned to the man to follow them. "I've returned!" He shouted as he entered and looked around for the two people.

Around the corner from another room entered an elder woman rubbing her head as she stared the boy down eyeing him. "What did I tell you. I told you don't get involved the boy would have been fine. I told you, I told you, I told you. And yet you did exactly as I said not to and went ahead and used your magic anyways didn't you?" She spoke then peaked back at the man eyeing him over. She quickly moved to him and examined him closely. On the outside she appeared completely normal yet one could tell the wisdom she held. "Ah so you took this route I see."

As the lady examined the man she looked at him and gave a nod. "You are destined for great things young one. I see it and you will soon see as your adventure unfolds. You hold the key that others do not and will be a great asset in the matter." She gave a few more nods only to be pulled back by Kiro sighing. "I apologize. She's.....special. A magical being of sorts you may have heard of them before but as far as The Queen knows, they're dead and been long gone."

He spoke only to receive a swat to the back of the head causing him to cringe. The lady before him glared with frustration. "Don't be telling the boy the stories! He's already been brought to us nothing to say now! And it's Oracle. Just tell him we're Oracles!"

Stories of Stinel are to return in another post

King Nero shrugged as she spoke and nodded. "You may go with others if you wish, that is on you. I expect a full report in Three weeks tops on that matter. Should only take but a week of travel there, and a week back. Giving you plenty of enough time to get ready and get your rest." The man brushed off the dust from the castle statue on the map examining it before trailing his finger from the castle straight to Azrath's Kingdom and right to her castle. "If you go alone it'd be much faster. But if you wish to go with others I can find you someone to assist you in your journey."

The King finished his words and looked back to the female looking around the room. "This room is going to need some cleaning and will take up most of my time along with three servants. But we will get this room in tip top shape. As for my protection, there is many guards here and many guards can stand in your place temporarily, of course they may not have the skills you do but...." He trailed off as he tried to ponder the way to set his words in play. "Eh they will do just fine. I'll keep five by me at all times. Not to mention I'll be sure to have Falcyn at my side as the first guard, and we both know he is a trustworthy man do we not?"

Nero smiled at the thought of his words and remembered back to the day of Maline entering the castle. She was but a young one at the time and Falcyn had trained her well. She had grown what he believed to be even stronger then the man himself but it mattered not. He had lived many years and would live many more. Nero had many things planned ahead and wouldn't let his life be at it's demise already. Yet he could still see the doubt in ones eyes. "And if I must remind you, I am a great warrior myself. It'll take more then a few scraps of dogs to take me down." He let a chuckle escape his throat as he grinned in pride.

King Nero's Castle -Crex (Docks):

The man looked at the paper as a line was drawn straight through it causing him to quiver in fear from the man's attitude and began to retaliate. "It's the Kings!" His words stopped as he saw the man began to speak again. His eyes only lighting up for a moment. Of course this would be the man who would actually had business here. On top of that he would have business with the Royal Guards of King Nero.

With a few steps back the man bowed and nodded. "I do appologize sir. Please let me assist in looking after your cart until you return. Last I've heard Sir Kinnus was in the King's castle. He should still be there if you are looking to meet up with him right away." The man finished his words and stepped back allowing the man to pass through without further notice.

While it wasn't much, the Quartermaster frowned and looked to his paper, a few signatures here and there now all ruined by the solid ink line straight through his paper. It was ruined and caused him to frown as he sighed. "And there goes my head." He spoke to himself low enough where he could only hear himself and watched as the man pressed on. Of course he didn't have to report this to anyone his job just felt at more peace when he did, yet he would keep this one to himself.

King Nero's Villages -Graem (Town):

The man took the gold greedily with a grin seeing he had clearly gotten his way with the book. Of course he only gained a single piece of gold out of the manner of purchasing it from another just the day before, but now he was able to sell it for a profit which filled him with happiness. And the man had even mentioned purchasing from him again which made him even more happy with the sale. "By all means sir! Thank you for your purchase at my Library. Best in the land it is! Filled with knowledge of many and even holds knowledge most other lands do not." With that he gave the man a bow and continued on with his business.

Fandom, fantasy, furry, sci-fi, dystopia, historical, realism
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Justine folded her arms. She was used to things like this by now. She ignored the filth and continued her conversation with the jester. "I'm sorry, there's no way I'm going to a house on my own. If he really needs help we'll get a pair sent over later. Just come and let us know. Festival time, we don't do home visits to strangers alone. Healers have got into some right trouble that way. I'll be seeing you," She said, striding past the jester.

She sighed and wished she'd brought Natasha. She never brought Natasha to festival because she was so big and she got excited so easily that she'd be knocking tables over and banging into people. The vibes around the festival always made her extra hyper anyway, even though she didn't even see it. Natasha was Justine's security dog. Until she knew a customer, she wouldn't attend them alone unless she had Natasha with her. Most of her customers were women anyway. Justine looked at her timepiece. She was going to be late for her shift if she wasn't careful and she'd promised her seniors she'd pick up fresh supplies along the way. Justine glanced over her shoulder, wondering if the jester was following her. She kept a careful hand on her purse and medical kit. Another reason why Natasha was useful.

Fantasy, SciFi, Mystery, Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

With her claim to be an Oracle, Dendrac felt like he had jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. Ever since this morning, he has dealt with one magical person, after the next and after another and now he was in one’s home! He’d never met so many in his life. But so far, they’ve seemed like pretty normal folk. He can see how they may be feared and run out, but if they are like the Cyclops, just trying to get by or this Kiro guy and just trying to help, he couldn’t mark them down on his bad list for that.

“Well ma’am, I wish he had heeded your cancel because your boy here stepping in did complicate things but I guess it all worked out in the end. I prefer to keep my head down, the deer that goes unnoticed doesn’t get killed, but what’s done is done.” Dendrac stepped deeper into the house, trying to hide from any windows and to see or hear if there was anyone else in there. He put his back to a wall. Without extending a hand to shake he said “I’m sure you know this already, but I’m Dendrac. What’s your name? What’s an ‘Oracle’? And what’s this ‘Matter’ I’ll be so helpful with and what does it pay?”
    Vini, vidi, vici

In the dark corners of my heart and soul.
    Fantasy, Romance, Si-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She listened intently, keeping her eyes focused on King Nero, but her mind stayed vigilant to their surroundings. Though this was a room that only few had access too, it did not mean one could not simply walk in, unannounced. She mentally calculated the time once again, taking note, that if she went by herself, indeed it would only take a week. Give or take a day if she needed to rest before leaving. However, if someone went with her, it make take triple the length. I mean, she could technically “carry” them...but the mere thought sent a wave of nausea through her.

When she was younger, she would often pick up the younger servants and fly them around the gardens. The older she got, the more whispers she heard. Freak... They would sneer behind her back. Abomination... The giggles. Lets see how far we can get her to fly this time...stupid weirdo... She hated the smiles they faced her with the most. They seemed so genuine. So kind. No longer did she partake in their childish games, and mockery. The only would she would “carry” would be the King...for his safety, of course.

“Whatever you feel is best. I do believe I can be there and back in about a week. If I go with someone, there is a possibility that it could take a fort-night. Depending on the endurance of said individual. But I leave that completely to you. It matters not to me.” It truly didn't, she would not go against her King's wishes. If he felt a companion would be best, she would go with one. If this was a matter of great importance, then she would leave tonight, and return in a few days.

His words brought her attention to around the room. The dust was thick, covering any flat surface that remained. Cobwebs littered every corner and baseboard. She looked back to King Nero as he spoke. She agreed, cleaning this room would take up most of the time while she was gone. And gods only knew she didn't want to come back to help clean. She smiled at Falcyn's name. It was a secret smile, one only reserved for the King (rarely) but mostly Falcyn. The smile quickly vanished as she nodded her head in agreement.

“Aye, very trustworthy. I do not think he knows anything but.”

She took in a deep breath at his final words and she lowered her head in defeated agreement. “Yes, my King. I did not forget. I put my faith in you that you will be whole and safe while I am away.” She looked back up to him.”Before I leave this night, is there anything you need me to do? If you have made your decision on me going alone or not, then I shall retire to pack a few things and be off. If you have more uses of me, I am at your service.” She lowered herself into a graceful bow, slowly return to stand at her full height. If not for the King's tremendous height, she would tower over him. She looked into his eyes, waiting...worrying. Something felt amiss.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Kiro watched as the Oracle conversed with the man and even told him his future fate. He only sighed at the manner and set his child down who looked up to Kiro. "Seikatsu go play, I'll come find you soon ok?" He said and the boy nodded in reply taking off into the other room. Kiro looked to the boy and shrugged. "Yea, but I can't help assisting someone who is in need. What she's not telling you is that you would have been fine, but the guards would have attacked you and chased you down."

The lady beside him glared once more and crossed her arms. "Don't need to the lad everything now do we?" She responded only to move closer to the boy when he spoke. "Well there is many fates you may see. Three of which you come into power and rise above others. Two of which forsee your death. Four where you return to your life as you once had before. Nothing new for many years. Then.... Yes then there is a few where you come into wealth., and you take many great chances that most would not take." The lady turned from the man and took a few steps away. "Those are the closest to this point in time. There is over a hundred different fates but these are the closest twelve for you."

The lady knew she was asked her name but waited before responses were made on this matter. "On a name, just call me Lady Oracle. Or you can simply call me as the rest do here in Torgen. Old Maid." She snickered at her own words and moved to her kitchen and began prepping some food. "Lads are hungry, I will make food. Stupid cat, calls me that stupid name every time." She spoke rather as a statement regardless of asking.

Kiro watched as the lady explained everything and shook his head. He knew she wasn't going to give full on details. Her job as an Oracle was not to give details and reveal only what she wanted to reveal. The boy watched as she moved away and looked to Dendrac. "Sorry, she's difficult I know. But she means well. And don't worry about the death futures. She told me I had about six of them upcoming then told me I beat two of them. So I'm sure yo'll be fine."

With that the neko smiled and looked back to the lady. He knew she already could answer him but rathered be asked then to answer then wait for the question. "Hey Ori.....Yea yea, stupid cat I know... Wheres Papa Ori?" He asked her and only got a response with her pointing outside to the crops. Kiro looked back to Dendrac and smiled. "Would you like to meet the other one? He's an interesting one, rather then telling you your future he'd rather tell you about stupid things like something you're going to mess up on or might mess up on. He's a bit different from her."

The lady only nodded with worrisome eyes. She knew most would not make house calls especially during times like the festival as it was often found to be a bad idea each and every time. But she had hope and only bowed softly to the girl and turned back. "I will bring him to the hospital then." She spoke and hurried back off to meet up with her brother.

As things moved on the injuries did as well. There were a few incidents where it was major injuries that took most of the medical staff to handle them. Yet things continued. Of all the ruckus it continued on. Mid-day, just in the center of the festival. One could note at the female standing on a pyramid of sorts of men. On top she waved to everyone and smiled widely enjoying herself as well as the looks she was gaining. Clearly she was a whore for attention. "Welcome to the Sintel Festivities everyone!" She shouted above the rest, in her hands was a cone to amplify the sounds from her. " This week! We're in for a fun treat! Everyone get together and work on a scavenger hunt! This one is nothing like the rest. Here we will be searching for the gold coins I have hidden well across the town! May all of you join in and have fun. First to find fifty can bring them to me for a whole new award

((With the assistance of SocksTheGod Crex story continues))

"He is a fine man indeed. And I can see why you would take a liking to him." He spoke in a heartfelt tone as he gave her a tease in the matter. Yet the King headed right out the door and pushed to the hall. "I have given you a time limit and as long as you meet that I will not worry. Yet all that I do ask is that you meet the limit."

Nero only gave her a gentle nod to respect her bow, and pushed to the exit. "There is nothing else I require from you, you are free to do as you please. Shall we take a walk? I have but one more thing that I can give you in assistance to the task at hand." The King was a prideful man and didn't often hand things out but to his most trusted, he could at least offer something that may give some help in the matters.

Before they could set off, there was a squealing of the double doors as they swung open, cracking against the wall. Abraham entered Nero’s war room before they closed in on themselves once again. Abraham walked up to Nero, bringing two of his fingers together into a point and then pressing them up against his chest. As Abraham began speaking Nero’s brow lowered, forming a glare towards him.

“Nice fucking show you put on out there Nero. You should remember I do have the power to end your life; that is no joking matter! What was that shit about? You didn’t get enough out of pressing peasants for extra coin? Didn’t get your kicks from picking on a green-horned guards?”

Abraham brought his arms together, crossing them over his chest. Nero’s hand raised up, opening its fingers out flat towards Maline halting any movements she may have made. He had given many people a lot of wiggle room lately, and it seemed to Nero that this was starting to give them the impression that they actually had the right to behave however they deemed fit.

This included those most loyal to him. “Maline… You stay where you are and do not interrupt. The adults are talking.” With that, Nero stood tall staring the man down. Of all the people he didn't believe Abraham would be one to stand against him like this.

The reasoning for this command was two-pronged. The first was that if she felt he was threatened, she might feel the need to jump in. There would be no solving this dispute in that case, and she might not realize that Abraham was not the frail old man he appeared to be. The other purpose was to establish his dominance. He needed to show them, both of them, that he was in charge. With those words, he turned back to Abraham.

“You people think that running a nation is so easy. Oh just give everything away. Just go out and cleanse the land of all the evil things. Just go out and do it! I know what this is really about. You are coming in here to tell me how to run My country. I... I am the one that has done this my entire life, not you. You are not the king. You were not chosen by the divines to lead this country, I was. I get up everyday to play my part within this system. I am working towards the goals we set out. You would do well to learn your place.”

Learn your place. That line was the one that really got Abraham’s attention. He was all to familiar with his place. He was one of the primary leaders in Nero’s military held the hearts and minds of a significant faction of Nero’s army. His place? His place had changed many times since he first came to these lands years ago, and it currently put him in a very powerful position.

“My place? Are you fucking daft, Nero? I know you’re getting up there in age, but I always took it I’d become senile before you did. Let me remind you about what my place is exactly. My place is at the head military council. My place is at the head of the most deadly fraction of this nation’s military. If I wanted to I could bring your nation to its fucking knees, Nero. I could do that."
    Now, maybe I couldn’t win a war against the nation on my own, but I wouldn’t have to. You have forgotten over the years that those men out there,” Abraham pointed over to the wall, motioning towards the dining hall they had left from earlier,” most them aren’t loyal to you. They fucking hate you. They want you dead. Some of them lust for the crown, but many of them just think you are incompetent. Twenty. Years. I have served you for over twenty years purely off the promise that I would see this nation take steps so that I may see my homeland free once again. I am tried of waiting. If I do not see you take actual steps to fulfill this promise by winter’s end, I will do it myself. I promise you this.”

The King felt himself fueling with anger and knew this was going to get much worse if things were to continue as they did. Yet Abraham needed to know where he stood in this military. He needed to know his place. "Your place is Below mine. You are not King I am. I will be the one who decides which direction this country goes. You forget we are in my castle. Not yours, there are plenty guards who at my disposal can throw you to-" His words were headed as the doors creaked once again. Entering the room he could see two more individuals. With that he looked back to Abraham and gave him a stern look. "We will finish this later."

Pavlo and Gaia entered the room as Pavlo gently opened the war room’s doors, following a guard’s directions to the three. Pavlo looked onward as the two were greeted by dead silence.

“Hello guys… I know it’s been about a year, but uh… How’s it going?”

The King only took a glance at Pavlo and Gaia as the young man spoke. With a gentle nod he glanced over to Maline and motioned towards the two. "Well Maline, if you would like some company. Abraham here has two young ones who are great at adventuring and would likely be a good asset to your team." Nero aimed it more of a punch towards Abraham seeing the two had just arrived and with Nero's judgement he could send them away just as fast. "The choice is yours."

King Nero's Villages -Graem (Town):

The Story of Graem will return in a future post.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast