Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Kosmik Gis

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Default [M] Kosmik Gis

RATED Mature for the blood/gore that may occur as well as language that may occur.

ALWAYS RECRUITING

Link to the OOC

The kingdom has fallen, it has been twenty years since we have seen someone who cares for the ones under him. Right now, we hunt for food. We scavenge for supplies while a Queen towers above the people, taxing them for their supplies. Taking the food from who ever she can. Theres those who think she must be stopped. Then there is those who think she is right, and believe in her wrong and dark ways.

Before the Queen's Reign there was a great King. A King who believed in equality between all forms of people. Druids, Nekos, Humans, Orcs, Elves, even the Dragons were considered as one. The great King felt it was upon his duty to take care and treat all of his people with respect, as equals amongst the land. Magic was welcomed, mythical aspects were granted and allowed. Dragons for pets were accepted. Gryphons were free to fly. It all seemed peaceful until the great war broke across the land. The King had fought well and lost the war to the Queen. The battle lasted a total of three years and ended with a pierced heart and a fallen army. With the fallen army the Queen took over the castle, outlawed magic, stopped all trades with outside kingdoms. The Queen kept everything within the kingdom and killed all who practiced it. Dragons were slaughtered and most were killed. Only a few remain. Mythical creatures ran to distant kingdoms or were slaughtered just like the Dragons. Almost all that remains is the humans. Basic people who serve under the Queen.

Even as the times past there was still those who practiced the arts of magic and the dark arts. There were also still those who opposed the queen and fought against her but not many lasted. Your job throughout this world will be to do what you find in your heart to be right. To travel with the rest, or find your own path alone. Be it whichever way may the Queen fall by your hand.

Spoiler: The Map! 

Alas the days have been long and the years have burned the memory of the old Kingdom down. Some remember, most forget. It was from a distant time and those who do remember are dwindling as their idea of order runs into the ground. Most who lived in The Queen's land moved into the neighboring lands and forgot their past in the old Kings time.

Now that the Queen has taken Reign upon the land many things have begun to change. Most adapted but there are few who believe the past is the way it should be. Who will show their true colors to The Queen? Who will stop her? Who, will become her ally? The story unfolds into the world and shall change depending on YOUR story. Enter the world and see how we may change the future.

The Queen's Minor Castle-Torgen(Town) Opening Post:

The sun peaked across the mountain side as it rose into the sky. Parts of the small town were covered in shadows from the towering castle before them. Guards shifted watch as the morning set came into view. The day was just beginning and it was a glorious morning.

The skies were filled with the bright blue in the air as few small clouds scattered the area. It was clear for miles and anyone with a great view could see for many miles at best. It was the perfect morning for sales as a few merchants set up shop. In total one could find around seven merchants. Though it was few, the number rose throughout the first two hours as more came in.

The morning had seemed way to calm as it grew and would soon but hushed as a shout could be heard from the marketing area. A rather large man who stood at a grand six foot tall came into contact with a smaller man selling fabrics of sorts. The buyer had seemed as if he was instantly enraged.

It was just another morning across Torgen's market as the situation unfolded."What do you mean five pieces of gold?! That's absurd! Why would I pay you Five pieces of god for a cloth shirt?! Tell me in what name of what order gives you to think it's a good price? You don't know what I deal with just to buy something here and you rip me right off."

The merchant had quickly argued. "Well you don't have to buy it. It's fine cloth and took many many months to find and craft such a fine cloth." The customer seemed to pay the words no mind as he continued to shout at him. Was the merchant trying to fool him? The cloth was clearly from Horeign which was another farmer town a whole day at most in travel.

As the two raged on in the argument it was caught onto by the guards in the area as they simply stood back and watched. Clearly they didn't seem to care as a fight happened all the time but it was soon halted as the buyer began shouting strange words at the man. It was in an off tongue but clearly he knew what he was speaking of. Quickly the guards rushed in to meet the man only to be bested by him as his true appearance took form.

The man had been a (half)cyclops in hiding in disguise. One could see he was human from first glance but with the loss of concentration magic could be seen warping his eyes from two to one. The now cyclops quickly pushed the guards over and took to the streets. Running through the town as quick as he possibly could. The guards filed behind him in a group of six while proceeding with the chase.

As the guards ran through the town after the Cyclops one could hear shouts through the streets. Most people stood to the side and watched as the man was apprehended. The group swarmed the Cyclops and just before the first blade struck him, the Cyclops' body tensed and grew in size giving him a whole six more inches in size. The man quickly pushed the group off of him and roared with anger towards them clenching his fists. "Get off of me!" He shouted before taking off once more in a sprint. Clearly he knew he was outnumbered and could not fend them all off. Yet he could outrun them.

Mission:Save the Cyclops from the guards.

Rewards:????
    Impacts:????

The Queen's Villages- Stinel (Town) Opening Post:

"Step right up! Come on over here! This heres the best swine in town! Freshly killed, Freshly cooked, everything about this pig is fresh. Come have a taste! Samples are free to try, pig is only Nine gold a pound. Come give her a try and come give her a buy!" A large man shouted waving a butchers knife around in the air as he attracted people.

Clearly the man was enjoying himself as he boasted about his pig. The customers came in the mass as an attempt to taste the pig. Many knew the man as the pig butcher and knew he would provide. It was still hot as it roasted over a coal lit fire. He bounced with joy as he proved his words to be true rather dancing about the pig each time slicing off a hunk of various places. He was doing his best to keep the meal interesting and keep people coming and to little surprise it was working.

Just a few stands away was yet another person boasting about their own style of live stock. This one was selling a soup of sorts with many different veggies, along with hunks of meat. Venison as they would claim by their own little speech. Everyone was up before the sun had began to rise just to prep their meal for the sun to see. It was a great morning in the village of Stinel.

As the morning continued, music filled the air along with the sweet aroma of the multiple food stands about. Across two buildings just before one could enter the square was a large banner speaking of the annual weekly festival. It would last a whole three days and today was the beginning of the first. Many people surrounded the area and took note of Day one in the festival.

King Nero's Castle -Crex (Castle) Opening Post:

A thud could be heard as it echoed through the rather large open room. The sound came from the stomp of a heavy boot. Atop the throne sat a rather old king. Rather irritable he clenched the arms of his throne and leaned forwards towards the guard. "I don't care what they said! I want the taxes to be filled now! Do I make myself clear?!" He shouted as the man before him trembled. It was clearly a sign of fear but the king paid no mind. He had just awoken only to be brought to the attention of the commoners and their shortage of gold. It was something The King dealt with almost every month but it still always pissed him off.

"But sir....The people told they won't be able to eat. What do we do if they-" Came a weakened voice as the young man spoke up in protest. His words came to a halt as the king glared at him and motioned towards another guard. The second guard stopped just before stepping between the two and pulled his blade half out clearly threatening the poor young soldier.

King Nero snarled looking at the first man as he looked him over once more. "Listen. I don't care if they can't feed their family. They will find a way if they must. Now either leave and collect my gold, or I shall have Hendrick here end you. I did not hire you as a guard to be weak. You are here cause you are meant to be strong." As he finished his statement the young man turned and rushed towards the door.

The conversation was at an end and Nero shifted back in his seat leaning on one of his hands watching as the guard rushed towards the exit. With a heavy sigh he motioned for the man to stand down. This guard on the other hand stepped back to his side at an Attention state and looked directly ahead. Nero on the other hand, stood up and took a few steps forwards, he could feel the stillness in his bones as he took the first few steps.

Of course the king was getting there in age and mornings were tough on him but he made his way to his Great hall. Where it was here he would sit down at his seat in the room and await his breakfast to be served. Before him sat other people who worked in the castle, and he would soon dine with all of them. It was a normal routine he would always have, Breakfast with those who weren't busy at the time and then proceed to his duties through the kingdom.

King Nero's Villages -Graem (Town) Opening Post:

The sun grew over the fields of Graem, while it was a small group of fields and managed by a total of four people. The small family could be seen harvesting the crops. As for the rest of the town, they had only just begun opening the windows of their small home. It wasn't much of a town but it was a quiet one and peaceful at that. Travelers entered the town in search of books that ones who many thought to be lost.

As the morning purged on many of town's people were finishing up their purchases in the town before returning home. A few of the houses had set up shop for the day leaving a few books on a table just outside the door. Each book left had been bound through basic magic to the table and was for show.

While the town began it's duties very few things would soon happen. Guards made their appearance in the town to collect the monthly tax for each and every person. Most complied with the tax paying their due for the month and returning to work. On the off occasion there was the one straggler who was unable to pay and therefore stripped of their belongings so the payment could be made but it was a rare moment in the town. Everything seemed normal in the morning of Graem.

King Nero's Villages -Flawor (Town) Opening Post:

The sun rose into the lands of Flawor. Even before first light the village was alive. People were out setting up shop and already trading between each other. The market place is where everything was at. The only other location to be seen was the Inn where most of the travelers were just awakening to get to the 'best deal' of the day. While few stayed to sleep in already gaining their own goods from the previous day.

A shout echoed through the market as a man boasted about his own items. It was a great morning to begin but there was always the one man in the crowd. While everyone else was enjoying themselves two of the men began a quarrel about their own goods.

One could see one of them pointing at his swords and shouting at the man beside him. "Stealing MY business aren't you?! They were all fine coming straight to my stand for days! And here you are right beside me selling the same product with a oh so better deal!" The man looked away from him and out to the crowd. "Step right up to the Real! stand. This guy here beside me is nothing but a liar and a cheat! His weapons are forged with stone not True iron like mine! Come on up and make a deal with me!"

Clearly as the situation progressed the other merchant stood and watched as the situation unfolded. He didn't mean to steal the mans business but rather saw it as an opportunity to obtain better items in his interest. It wasn't his fault that the man beside him sold the same product at a stupid price. None the less the man sighed heavily and pulled a sign from behind his stall. On the sign one could read. "Fake" With an arrow pointing directly towards the man and his product. It was more of a nudge towards the mans stupidity and his anger but he didn't care.

All was well in the market and was another day. Some people would always get upset over the smallest things while others would let the day begin. Someone always wanted a different deal and to the up most respect for others would let their sale do the talking rather then their words. While others argued the day would continue on in the town of Flawor.
    Last edited by Kiro Akira; 04-21-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Fantasy, SciFi, Mystery, Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I put down the over priced bobble as I heard the commotion over my shoulder. As the big man yelled "Get off of me", i looked closer and noticed that the man only had one eye. Some part of me knew that wasn't the full story. A cyclops, what do you know. Never seen one of those before. One of the guards continued to swing his sword narrowly missing the cyclops as he sprinted down an narrow alley.

My first thought is always to mind my own business, me not causing trouble means less trouble for me. However some instinctual part of me knew I couldn't let them end this guys life. Not for just being upset about the outrageous prices in this market. If that was the case they'd try to kill me next. I also don't care much for guards anyway so it actually made the decision to ruin their day even easier.

I ran to put myself between the cyclops and the six guards. I'm faster than I look, faster than most, so catching up to the group and vaulting over their heads and behind one of the vendor booths without being seen was easy enough. They tricky part was going to be stalling for time.

As the guards closed in on the cyclops, I emerged from the booth and "tripped" into the guards. I fell and tried to tangle into the guards to slow them up by a few more paces. I looked over my shoulder saw the broad back of the cyclops a few feet ahead of me, still sprinting.

"Sorry, guardsmen. I guess I need to watch my step huh? What's the rush?"...
    Last edited by Vulco1; 04-14-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    Vini, vidi, vici

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Finally, I had made it! I had heard much of the small, sleepy town of Graem. Specifically, through a variety of people throughout Nero’s kingdom, I heard of how Graem was a vendor of many books, making it a perfect place for learning. Not only that, but they also have a public library! This would be perfect for further learning, so I’ve been traveling day and night to finally make it into town. As the sun had finally begun to crest the horizon, I gazed onto Graem.

It was much smaller than many of the other villages that I had encountered, but that brought a certain charm to it. Before entering the town, I had cast Alter Self, so that I may look like a normal traveler, a human with brown hair green eyes, rather than the giant I truly am. As I ventured further toward the center of the village, I could tell that the people were almost as unique as the town itself. A good portion of them appeared to be learners like myself. This brought me further comfort and maybe, if I wasn’t a Firbolg, I could have lived here.

As I arrived to the market, I immediately bolted to the nearest book vendor to see what they were offering. While many of the books did peak my interest, the prices were way too much for me, so I started for the public library.

In the dark corners of my heart and soul.
    Fantasy, Romance, Si-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Her eyes never wavered as she looked right above the young man's head, towards the great doors. She kept her wings tucked neatly behind her, a gentle chill would make a few feathers stand on end for a brief moment before laying flat once more. One arm hung stiffly by her side, while her right hand rested on the hilt of her sword. And it was the most comfortable position for her to be in while she stood silent and still, listening to the complaints of the commoners. The fact that this guard felt the need to question his King's tax rule, was slightly surprising to her. Normally it was a poor farmer with 5 kids that came early in the morning to discuss the matter with the King...and as most times would see...they would leave with a tax twice the original amount.

Perhaps the people were getting smarter about their complaints. Why send themselves, when they can send a guard that has a soft spot for the people? It was smart...but very dangerous...and if they weren't careful, many would see themselves out of a guard position. She wanted to let out a breath of boredom. It was moments like these that she hated standing next to the King at all times. He did not need her for matters of this...but alas...the one day she would not be position, would be the day all hell broke loose.

Very slowly she craned her head to the left, letting a soft gentle pop emit from her neck. The small gesture was enough to make a groan of pleasure escape her lips, but she stood still as a board. She wanted to yawn when the King nodded to the guard to his side, his blade ringing through the hall. The fear in the young soldier's eyes was clearly seen, and she wasn't sure, but it looked like anger behind the fear. Sadness mixed as well? She didn't understand the concept of a family; that meant more mouths to feed, more responsibilities, more duties, more heartache if something were to happen to one. If the people were scared of how they were going to feed their family, then they would stop having more kids.

Most farmers' crops went to the market; of course this is after the King got his share. At the market the farmers tried to make what little gold they could to pay the rest of the taxes. If by any chance there was anything left, they would bring it home and feed their families. Most times they were have to sacrifice a rooster, or go hunt for animals...but it all worked out...mostly. She wouldn't say it was a great way of life...but times were different now. One couldn't use magic to make crops grow faster and heartier...it was all manual labor.

She didn't even realize the commotion was finished...what brought her back to reality was the King standing and making his way to the Great Hall. Two steps ahead, she began her quiet steps and followed slightly to the side, but the two steps behind the King. She hated the glares she would often receive from the other Guards...distrust, hate and loathing. They would have to wait until she was a few steps in front of them before they could make their march. And it angered them that a woman would go before them. She would often wink or blow a quiet kiss to their seething glares, which of course would anger them more...and she knew when the King was not around, they would try to make her pay for her insults.

Key word...try.

Fandom, fantasy, furry, sci-fi, dystopia, historical, realism
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Justine smiled at a stallholder. The weekly festival was open in Stinel and she was looking for new supplies. She liked to snap up the newer discoveries and experiment with what they could do. The crowded festivals were the best place to find them. There wasn't always anything different. New discoveries were few and far between, but it had been a while since there had been anything. Justine was about due for a new addition to her medical kit.

She passed a herb stall, nodding at the owner with a smile. "Morning Pat, how's trade? Got anything for me?" Justine stopped to examine a bundle of leaves, tied together with a strip of hessian. "Wish I could afford these. Might make miracles happen."

Pat beamed at her. "You make miracles every patient you see," He said. "How about this, straight from the wilds. Sort of a wasteland herb. Could be poisonous mind." He handed it over.

"No. It's good in teas. How much?"

"Two gold, sweetheart."

Justine's eyes narrowed, and her lips drew into a smile. "How much is it really?"

"About five," Pat muttered.

She handed over five gold and watched as Pat parcelled up her herb. "Thanks Pat."

Justine left the stall poorer but smiling.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Queen's Minor Castle-Torgen(Town):

The guards continued their chase although a few were frightened by the appearance of the Cyclop's true form. It was a scary sight indeed yet they hacked away at the mans figure slashing into his rough skin. The group banded together ready to take down the beast, they would be victorious today.

(Dice Roll six sided= 4- Success!) Guards to fall

Just as the guard came to bring his sword down on the beast's figure once more he felt his figure give to another guard. Four of the Six fell straight to the ground from an unknown man who crashed into them. One of the two standing stood tall and glared down at the man. "You sir! By the gods. In what name do you have interrupting our chase?!" He motioned to the other guard who was still standing and watched as he continued chase for the Cyclops. Tho it slowed the chase the man still chased on.

While they did continue tho a quick glance over the shoulder from the Cyclops stared at the man who helped him by tripping into the guards. He quickly took note of the man's appearance and rushed ahead. The two would meet again, but it would be at another time before they met. He would be in gratitude for the assistance in escaping.

(Dice Roll six sided= 5- Success!) Guards trip&fall?

The four guards who were now on the floor each rushed to stand shoving the man who pushed into them against the cobble road. Two more of the remaining five would stand and take chase onwards towards the direction of the beast. Although their steps would only make it down three houses before a piece of the cobble earth seemed to be out of place sticking up. It was at that point where they tripped and fell into a tumble together.

The remaining Three stood behind to confront the individual who tripped into them. Each one surrounding the man taking a triangle shap around him as they peered down at him. One of them chiming in behind him. "The soldier asked you a question. By all means. What are you doing interrupting our chase?"

A voice escaped from behind the group near the stands as a young male stepped into view. His eyes peered to the soldiers as he spoke. "Sorry that was my fault. I tripped him when he was running by. It was an accident I swear!" The man held his hands up in protest. His head was cloaked from view so only the image of his face and the front of his hair could be seen.

(Dice Roll six sided= 2- Fail!) Persuade

Upon the man's words the guards only glared at the new approach. "So from what you say. It just so happens that two men happen to have a 'mishap' just as we're chasing a magical creature down. And you expect us to believe you?" The cloak figure nodded with a smile as if he believed the story himself.

(Dice Roll six sided=4- Pass!)Escape!

To his avail the persuasion failed him and the guards motioned towards the cloaked figure only to have the two rush him. The cloaked man responded with a quick shake of the head in denial. "No no no. Bad day!" He shouted and the hues in his eyes quickly lit up a shade of Magenta. At that time a fire lit at the men's feet and was quickly doused with a pool of water causing a smoke to erupt from the spot.

"Magic! Magic! He's got magic!" Shouted the man. Quickly, the boy with the cloak figured motioned to the men the guards confronted. "This way come!" He shouted and made his way towards one of the alley ways behind the buildings.

Mission:Save the Cyclops from the guards.

Pass!
    Rewards: Trust in the Cyclops, offering his assistance in a single task.
    Impacts: The castle is notified of individuals assisting the Cyclops. Guards have taken notice of the appearance of the individuals who assisted him and will attempt to capture. Magic user will be killed on sight. The other will be captured and taken to the castle for further investigation.

The Queen's Villages- Stinel (Town):

The town raved about with the festivities. It was only a start but the it was filled with joy. The music played loud and clear as more came to join in the activities. Some had began a dance of sorts just in front of the crowd of musicians. Before them was a cast iron pot where one could give their support in the dancing women. They all seemed to pay the price no mind and only continued to entertain.

While some were dancing, there were those who deemed other ways as an interesting way to entertain. Harlequins did their own dancing maneuvers trading gold for their own private dancing. Men lined right up to pay for their services and continued moving on with the festivities.

As the morning progressed it would quickly fill with more stalls and people selling more items of sorts. One with weapons, one with shields, another with armor, more food than one would ever imagine. They were all so great with prices so low in their eyes. Each one begged for an audience all attempting their own little show to draw ones attention.

A few jesters of sorts covered in dye giving them a white face along with painting across different areas of their body. They danced about the stalls playing a number of instruments. One moved from the group playing flute only to stop by the female just purchasing the herbs. He offered her a hat as if asking for a donation. "Come on my lady, a woman of your structure, your shape, your beauty can spare a few coins for the festival can you not?" He grinned in excitement with the female rather happy for his interaction with her. Obviously the man seemed fond of her and intrigued.

King Nero's Castle -Crex (Castle):

The guards stood tall as Nero walked by, close behind was the female they all stared at in disgust. A woman in power? That was ridiculous and it was a sure laughing matter in the eyes of most of the men. Yet here she was strutting her figure before them. It was an annoyance just to watch and she held it with such pride. One of the first they passed on their way by went to a cat call and whistled towards her. Only to stiffle a small laugh in the matter with another guard beside them.

One of the guards further ahead, angered by the matter in which she stood even went as far as spitting at her feet as she stepped by. Of course it would land right behind her but they quickly took their stand once more as if trying to hide the fact that they had done it.

While Nero awaited his meal he began to converse with the groups before them resting his mind with the joy and excitement of others. He loved the interaction of his people and began his ease of mind with joyousness laughs with the people. Yet his figure still stood strong and he kept his power known to the rest. It was when one man insulted his power with a joke where his laughing stop and caused him to eye the man down.

"Now we can have a good time here but you should remember I do have the power to end your life. That is no joking matter. I have plenty." He spoke as he motioned towards the woman he had come to trust greatly. Malina was the name she would go by. "Such as this lady that can easily end your life in an instant. And she abides by my words." He took the words with much greed in his voice staring him down before looking to the others. His face returning to a resting face where he went back to the others and having a good time with them.

As the meal began, staff members of sort filled the room with plates of many kinds placing them directly down the center of the table. Nero watched the food come out and eyed each and every dish. He was ready for the meal and was ready to begin. Yet before he began his meal he held his drink high. Filled with the finest grape wine from the fields he laughed. "Today, we will be eating as Kings! Tomorrow, that is where we shall begin true motions, and will discuss the matters at a later time. But for now I do ask that you all dig in!" With that he slammed the goblet down spilling half of it out and quickly began grabbing food.

King Nero's Villages -Graem (Town):

Just in the building of the Library, it was filled with a total of about ten men and women. Along with a few small children. It was quiet and they all seemed to be doing their own thing. One man spoke with two of the working men in the Library trading off knowledge for more knowledge. The others were scattered throughout the room either peeking through what was to offer or just sitting down reading what they had picked out.

The bell chimed and a man quickly greeted the one who entered the library holding a book. "Welcome my good sir. How may I assist you today? We have many books available to be read here others you may purchase. Or! If you hold knowledge that may broaden our stories we hold inside, we can make a trade or even buy the books from you! Glorious isn't it?"

The librarian spoke with the man with quite the chipper tone. It wasn't much and he was only interested in the books rather then the man before him but he would at least put on a show for sales sake. He seemed eager and even held out the book he was holding. "For example. This one here, it tells a great tale of The Queen's rise to power. It is only a grand total of Seven gold pieces! But you my sir. I'll even offer it to you for a book of your own.....And a small price of four gold coins. If the book is of worth."
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Fantasy, SciFi, Mystery, Action
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Dendrac raced around the guards and followed the cloaked figure into the alley. After a bit of running, when they were reasonably sure they had escaped the guards and wouldn’t be found in a blind search of the area, they stopped. It was a small open area at a crossing of a few alleys.

Calmly, Dendrac placed himself against a wall, out of eyeshot of any alley and focused his attention on the cloaked man. His breathing was already back to normal. “Thanks for the assist back there, I guess. I was going to try to talk my way out of it, but seeing you luck with that, this is as good.” He scratched his head with his left hand and loosened his shoulders in case this got messy. “However, now I’m definitely a wanted man. And even worse I’m known to be working with a magic user! Which, if I’m not mistaken means there is now a price on my head in this neck of the woods”. The more he thought about it the angrier he got. It’s not that he hasn’t been sentenced to death before or had a price on his head, it was that this time it actually felt unearned!

Dendrac closed the distance between them and looked the wizard in his eyes, noticing the hint of magenta. “So to repay you for your unnecessary assist, I’m not going to kick your butt and I’ll introduce myself, wizard. I’m Dendrac Cro, all around fixer, problem solver and do-er of deeds for pay. Who are you, and why’d you ‘help’?”
    Vini, vidi, vici

In the dark corners of my heart and soul.
    Fantasy, Romance, Si-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The eyes that followed her were relentless, ruthless, and cruel. Some would think she should cower, or hide behind the tails of the King's robes...but instead, it made her only walk with more pride, more arrogance. Her life as King Nero's guard had its perks, for sure...and on the down side, it had its faults. How many times would the men sneer, mock her, purposely put rodents in her soups, or dead animals in her wardrobe. Childish...and not once did she run to King Nero, demand to be treated as their equal. No, she would settle the matter when he wasn't looking.

Then they started, and so early, and with the King just mere steps before her. The whistling and the cat calling. How completely childish of them. And it wasn't the flattering cat calling one would normally hear outside of the taverns, where the drunk stumbles in the muddy street, looking for a comforting touch. No, these were rude and worthy of a kick to the lower regions of the men hooting them. She wanted to roll her eyes, and shake her head, but she walked on with her dignity in tack. Of course that was after she gave a sly wink to the two men.

The great intake of a nasally breath caught her attention, but she didn't turn her head...not until the distinct sound of a spit ball landed behind her left foot. She slowed her steps to a fraction as she turned her head to the one how dare make a mockery of her, with the King present no less. Her violet eyes glared with such heat she had to watch herself from allowing her wing to unfold behind her. Within seconds, if she allowed it, she could grab him and be out in the open, stories high in the air, and drop him when he begged to be released. But alas, she quieted her nerves which sent a chill throughout her entire body. She barred her fangs to the man, who quickly stood stoic again, making it seem like Malina was having a senior moment. She licked her lips as she turned.

She kept her pace behind King Nero, and when he was seated, she remained to his back. She did not sit, she didn't take a goblet the servers offered. Her left hand crossed behind her back, while her right hand rested on the hilt of the sword. She watched the men converse, she listened to the words, took in the scent of all the men and women in the room. Her eyes would ever so often return to the one who spat at her. He would pay...she would make sure of that one.

The King's deep voice brought her back, his anger at the crude joke she missed was felt through the air like lightning. He gestured to her and spoke, her back straightened, she drew the sword back but a fraction of an inch, just enough to let the distinct ring of the sword fill the Great Hall. The hushed voices, the wide eyes, all looked to her then back to the King. When the tension felt too high, the King began his casual conversation.

His toast brought the men around his to attention, all raised their goblets to their King. His words seemed vague, and she couldn't help but think there was something in his words that were directed completely to her. Until he told her, she would be as clueless as the rest, and for now...all she could do was watch the men eat...breathing through opened mouths while they shoveled food inside. It was enough to make her almost gag at the sight. Almost.

I'm like Michael Bay. I like to blow **** up.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A Little Over Two Months Earlier, South of Flawor...

It was a warm afternoon. Pavlo moved his knife up, slicing downward. The edge of his blade went along, piercing the thin layer of protection.

Another one.

He turned, letting it slip down into a bottle before corking a lid on. Pavlo had been slicing vanilla beans for what felt like hours. Ironically, his fingers hurt from the more delicate work. He liked to think it was the easy part, but every year when he got to this part, he'd always consider if maybe the easy part actually was the heavy lifting instead.

Everyone had been working especially hard recently at the little hamlet they lived on. They had to finish their work here in the next few days if they planned on getting their goods out on the road in time. While Gaia and the other children complained... As they always did, they didn't understand. They never do though, do they? That's why people like Pavlo exist, or at least, that's what he liked to think. He was there to teach them how to grow up. It wasn't like they had a lot of time to learn that. Ow! Fucking hot damnit! He nicked his finger with the knife. That wasn't very enjoyable, but it wouldn't matter soon enough. He was almost done. It was a tiny cut anyways.

Later That Night...

They gathered at a large fire-pit outside near the barn area. The fire was building up nicely as they piled wood on the pit. It looked rather nice with the orange background behind it. There was so much done the last month. Against the barn they had sacks of cocoa that had been picked that day. It would be ground and mixed with sugar beet molasses come the next day. That was a big seller, especially among the nobles within Nero's court.

That was something he looked forward to, seeing his father Abraham. Had it really been almost a year? This would be his first time meeting Gaia too. Pavlo should probably bring something special for when their carriage made it there. He did have the scotch from the merchants a couple summers ago. He'd take a bottle with him. Pavlo tried to push it out of his mind. It wouldn't do him any good to spend too much time thinking about what his father had been up to. This was especially true given it was likely the same old push to reclaim his old ownings.

A Few Days Before Entering Flawor...

Four medium-sized carriages lurched forward, pulled by plain-looking horses and labeled with a engraved coat of arms. As they moved into the boundaries of Flawor, Gaia's eyes lit up. She had never seen this many people. This level of hustle and bustle was very exciting to her. Noticing her excitement, Pavlo cut into her train of thought.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself. I'm glad, but remember how I told you rules are a little different once you're in the city. You can't exactly lose focus or we could have a little incident.."

Her glee dampened momentarily as her hand motioned over her covered eye. "Oh, yes... I know, but don't worry I didn't forget. At least not for today."

They setup at a local merchants shop, a man named Franklin. He had been working with the group for a number of years at this point, offering his shop when they came into town in exchange for flour. As the group began unloading two of the wagons Franklin began unloading his thoughts onto Pavlo.

"You know my son wasn't here last year. Well, he's back now and... So he goes to stay with family in Alengale... Boy comes back obsessed with smithing. He spent a couple months with this blacksmith, thinks he's an expert now. I don't know what to do with this boy. We have regular smiths in this town, you know... Lots of 'em if we're bein quite honest..."

Pavlo finally spoke up.

"You should have him give it a shot." He could see the man's confusion. "Basically tell him if he really believes its calling to create some items, get a bit of inventory, and go setup right next to a guy selling the same stuff out there everyday. He will likely get made a fool out of, but if he's real earnest bout'it he's gon' be out there the next 'morrow too. It will make a man out of him."

The Next Day at the Edge of Flawor

Two of the wagons were side by side just outside of Flawor. This was where the clan's carriages split ways. Two would stay in Flawor, selling their most common good at the trading hub. One would be heading east towards Wien. They already had a fifth moving south to sell in Roseville and Graem. As for Pavlo and Gaia's carriage, it would be going to the capital of Nero's lands, Crex. This was the trip Pavlo took every year as it allowed him to visit his father during their trade missions. They would load their goods up and travel by boat across the water. Crex's nobility were good customers. The group of three moved forward, Pavlo playing a small diddy to pass the time for their remaining time moving.

The Morning of Their Arrival to Crex...

The goods had been reloaded onto their carriage and rolled off the boat. The carriage slowly inched off the boat and onto the hard dirt, still bearing the same crest as the other wagons from their home had.

As the carriage finally pulled into their long-awaited destination, Pavlo climbed down. He grabbed his gift, motioning for Gaia to follow and leaving their other companion with the wagon. He couldn't wait to see that old man again, albeit likely in the midst of Abraham's wild plans.

Fandom, fantasy, furry, sci-fi, dystopia, historical, realism
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Justine looked up, startled. This was the one part of the festival she hated. The dancers. They all wanted money, and she had precious little of it as it was. The ones with white make-up freaked her out, and the ones with bells on their costumes hurt her ears. She flinched, as one of the jesters approached her. His words offended her, although she thought they were meant as a compliment.

"Sorry, I can't donate." She said nervously. "I need all my money for medical things." She tucked her straw-coloured hair behind her ears. "Do you have an injury? Then I might be able to help you." Justine looked him over carefully. He didn't seem to have an injury, but there was bound to be an accident at some point during the festival. Like any good healer, Justine sincerely hoped there wouldn't be, but she knew festivals. Crowds, loud noises, fights, dancing, people trying to get away from traders and dancers, people trying to get away with unpaid-for goods... Usually, the healers in the village took on the night shifts in rotas. There was a tent, somewhere, manned by two healers at all times. They didn't charge and they didn't request tips. Usually there was a pool of money at the end of the festival where people had donated of their own accord, without being hassled, which the healers split equally. There was no hierarchy. No senior healers get more money, junior healers get less. Everyone worked the same hours. Everyone got saddled with drunks and thugs. That was how it was. She moved to get past the jester, knowing she only had a few hours to hunt down herbs before her turn in the tent began.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast