Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Futuropolis 2094 (OOC)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Ha, yes, it's been an outrageous project to work on. I do this for a living, actually, drawing fictional maps. They're usually more metaphorical. It's one of my first attempts on actual semi-non-fictional topography, but it's turning out exactly like I imagined. Truth be told though, I could use a german aid with that Ruhr-am-See thing.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakiriad Q View Post
    She sounds as enigmatic as intimidating. Temple street sounds like a haven in the undercity - I really like it. If you want, you can expand on it. I'm not certain what would happen to religion at the end of the 21st century, but it surely wouldn't be absent.

The conflict you mentioned (9th Peninsular War); it's likely to have taken place north of Berlin, either a conflict with the Danish remnants, a splinter of the German neonazis or Russian conquest (as they've certainly rooted their way into Poland). Take your pick! Here's the map I'm working on; you can use it to get a glimpse of the geopolitical situation.

It's far from finished. I especially want to improve the aesthetics after we've laid the groundwork. If you know any future towns I've missed or something, I'd be happy to hear it.
    Nice map! I'd suggest adding Sealandia, which most likely has expanded slightly.

As to the 9th Peninsular War, let's make it Russians, although would they have princes?

I'll try to expand on Temple Street and the Temple Street Shelter from which Simone was named.

Aerotaxis and Aerobuses use ducted air drawn in by high-efficiency turbines, powered by hydrogen fuel cells or hydrogen fusion generators.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-20-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Finished up the CS. Might add a picture or more details but as of right now I think she's done.

On an unrelated subject, dibs on being Official RP DJ.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Congrats

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Nice map! I'd suggest adding Sealandia, which most likely has expanded slightly.

As to the 9th Peninsular War, let's make it Russians, although would they have princes?
    Hm. Yes, fair princepoint. Do whatever you feel like, I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Sealand, where? Did you visualize an utopical society somewhere off-shore or did you mean the dutch Zeeland transformed into a (now offshore anyway) city-colony?

On an unrelated subject, dibs on being Official RP DJ.
    Granted, mits you put in some Steely Dan now and then!
    Last edited by Q; 04-21-2018 at 09:10 AM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sealand, 12 KM offshore of Suffolk, England? I'm sure it has expanded a bit, perhaps now a floating city? Still fiercely independent? I'd doubt it's Utopian, I sort of imagine it's grown up to be like the former Kowloon Walled City, with perhaps a few vertical farms to help feed the population?

Should be interesting!
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-23-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I didn't know about this! It's perfect! The map itself feels a little empty on the British side to begin with.
    And that peninsular thing you were talking about; you could also have it happened there, it being a prominent future peninsula and all.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Sorry I haven't made a sheet yet, been super tired and fatigued lately.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

No stress, sir Tolvo. I've been working on the map and banner anyhow.

After you've posted your sheet, we should probably start the IC. Four characters is plenty to get started, and I'm sure more will join soon.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Name: Khawarij Al'Aziz
    Nikname: Kaji (Kah-zhee)
    Height: 5'11
    Race: Middle Eastern
    Area of expertise: Field Medicine, First Aid
    Appearance: Built tall and medium-wide, not explicitly large but not lengthy either. His head is shaved. His right arm is tattooed with the following words in arabic, "I heal the sickened. I do what is right. To save a life, another life may have to be taken. Justice is not clean." His skin is cinnamon with eyes of similar color. There is light scarring on the left side of his chest.
    Personality: Quiet, stoic, yet in times of comfort friendly and joking. When doing work, does not fuck around.
    Opinion of ruling western regime: Indifferent, as long as he is allowed to save lives in the field.
    Origins:
    Kaji was born in what we would call today, the United Arab Emirates to an upper-middle class family. His father was a doctor, his mother a physician. As a result, science not only taught but indoctrinated in his home. While he did want to pursue art as a child, his predisposition to the sciences set him apart from other children. At age 10, he was selected through standardized testing to join the state-sponsored military boarding school known as Siaghat Hadidia. While there, his scrawny, bookish nature saw him excel in class, but fall apart in combat training.

Because of this setback, he began to synthesize his study time with his workouts, building muscle and power. In addition to this, he began to design a new steroid that would build muscle mass at a slower and safer rate compared to traditional chemicals. This combination of wits and athletic capability caused him to once again rocket to the top of his class. However, just as he had been alone at the bottom, he was now alone at the top. Despite this, he led a successful career at school, ranking second in his class.

Upon graduation of Siaghat Hadidia, he immediately transferred into the UAE's special forces team known as the Jannisaries. If that Siaghat Hadidia had been an oven, the training for the Jannisaries was hell itself. Kaji was mentally and physically broken day after day. In fact, the Jannisarie program had less than a 5% success rate. And just like he had been a percent in a percent before, Kaji summitted this challenge as well, his talents for field medicine, genetic modification, and anatomy setting him apart from other candidates. And this time, Kaji was not alone. The other 9 that graduated with him were not only colleagues- for the first time, his classmates were friends.

The Jannisarie 19th squadron became renowned among the UAE Corps' ranks. They successfully assassinated targets around the world. Dozens of terrorists plots foiled. Hundreds of lives saved. However, 5 years into his career as a Jannisarie, Kaji was faced with a situation that would either save the lives of 7 members of his team, or the lives of a small enclave of UAE citizens. He chose to save the seven members of his team, reasoning that lives not saved now would make up for the lives the team would collectively save later. Needs of the many over needs of the few. Due to factors beyond his control, both groups were lost. He tried to convince his commanders. Unfortunately, his commanders disagreed, and as a result he was dishonorably discharged from the Jannisarie Special Forces Squad. As he left, he locked eyes with his former friends. There was no mercy there. Only hate. He recieved a message from the same friend later that night. "Run. If I ever see you again, I will not hesitate to kill you."

Panicking, he stole away to Nova Casqua in order to start again, taking his tools of the trade and his great-great-grandfathers handgun. He found his place in the underworld working as a gun for hire and medic for those who could pay. Despite his seemingly clean exile, he has heard rumors of Jannisaries beginning to be spotted in the city. He only hopes he can put his head down and push through this as he has pushed through before.

Clothing: Wears small, square wire framed glasses in order to do fine work. Wears a forest green knit long-sleeve shirt underneath a grey military surplus medic's jacket. He wears long length khaki cargo pants and standard issue UAE Corps combat boots. Around his waist, he carries field medicine tools including bandages, alcohol, and painkillers. He also keeps a paper surgeon's mask in his pocket for moments of need. A Jannisarie 19th patch is sewn onto the left sleeve.

Most important items: His first-aid kit, filled with both fresh and old supplies. A M1911 handgun passed down from his great great grandfather to him, which he cleans every day. When not at work, he makes sure all of his steel tools are immaculate. A paper surgeon's mask.

(This is my first RP Here! Please redirect me if I've made any mistakes!)
    Last edited by Khawarij; 05-02-2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Needed more detail

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast