Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Remaining Hybrids (IC thread) [Possibly M with Danny Phantom and Undead Fears]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Huh? Oh. Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Danny said, though he knew the reason why she was asking if he was okay. He was still on guard, refusing to let it down in case the human was trying to fool him. Though, that being said, Danny knew that there was a slim possibility of her already knowing that he was a hybrid, but he didn't want to take the chance of her not knowing what he was and finding out.

"Who knows what kind of connections she might have? After all, she could be trying to trick me by playing dumb and innocent. It's not going to work." Danny thought to himself as he finished skinning his prey. He sliced his hand a little when the hunting knife slipped and red blood leaked from the new wound. He didn't even seem to notice, and the blood had a slight bright green tint to it.

A hybrid's blood was mostly red, that coming from the human half and form of a hybrid. But the bright green tint in the red blood was something unique to hybrids. The green tint came from a hybrid's ghost half and form.

Nevertheless, Danny wasn't paying much, if any attention, to his now bleeding right hand.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella noticed the cut on his hand. She watched as the blood dripped down his hand. While it looked different to her, she didn't pay much mind to it. "You're hand is bleeding," she said quietly. "I can wrap it for you if you'd like, and if it needs I can stitch it up too." She wanted to repay him for the meat he was giving her, in some way. She watched him carefully, his delicate movements with his knife were clean and precise.

She wanted to repay him for what he was doing. She wasn't sure how, but his hand was bleeding and it needed to be taken care of first. "Uh, your hand is bleeding," Ella said as she pointed at his hand slightly. "If you want, I can wrap it up for you. And if it needs stitches and can do those too." She hoped e'd say yes and let her help him. "The supplies are with my stuff, we can go together."
    Last edited by Undead_Fears; 04-23-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Danny was silent for several moments after the human girl spoke, trying to decide if he wanted the help or not. He glanced down at his hand, which the red, green tinted liquid poured out of. It didn't look that bad, at least to Danny. But he knew that he, by no means, a healer. Though, hybrids are known to heal from wounds quicker from wounds than humans. No matter how deep a wound was, if a vital organ wasn't hit, hybrids could spend some their ghost energy to speed heal it. Nevertheless, Danny didn't want to take the speed healing option, as he was afraid of the human finding out what he was.

"Alright. You can wrap my wound up. Just let me finish taking the hide off and I'll cut some of the meat for you. After that, we can look at my cut." Danny answered, hoping that he wasn't making a bad choice by taking the offer.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Relief filled Ella's face as he said yes. "Thank you. I just don't want your hand to get infected. With medicine prices increasing everyday, you don't wanna get it infected," she said looking at the cut from afar. She wanted to ask if the strange hew was normal, but if she did she might scare him off. Ella looked up and saw dark clouds moving in, the sky continualy getting darker.

"It's gonna rain soon," she said coming over to the moose. "If you lend me a knife I can help get this done quicker and then I can take care of your hand quicker." She stood looking at the moose, skinless except for a few places. She silently waited for a response, resisting the urge to just take one and help him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

In response, Danny picked up one of his hunting knives that wasn't in use and handed it to the human. He didn't say a word, and turned his attention back to the almost skinless prey that laid dead in front of them. While he took his gaze off of the human, he was still very much listening for signs that she might to kill him now that she had one of his knives.

"She still might know where to strike me, even if she doesn't know that I'm a hybrid. After all, some of the fatal strike areas are the same on a human as they are on a hybrid." Danny thought to himself.

The bleeding on his hand had slowed down, but it still hadn't stopped quite yet. What was coming out at this point was a little more green, but it as still mostly red. The liquid becoming more green was a sign that Danny's ghost half wanted to heal the wound quickly, but Danny still didn't let his body instantly heal his hand.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ell took the knife and started working opposite of him, soon the moose was skinned and its meat was completely exposed. She cut a piece of skin then cut some meat from the animal. She wrapped the meat in the skin and stood up. "I can help you cut pieces off, but your hand is worrying me. The faster we get it wrapped the less chance of something bad happening."

She looked at him and stood quietly. He seemed like he didn't want much to do with her, so she stood quietly, waiting for him to say something or even acknowledge her. Though, she didn't think he even wanted to. Ella sighed quietly and sat down, waiting for a sign or response from him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Alright. If you bring your supplies here, you can tend to my hand. I'd rather not leave my prey for the wolves or crows to eat. I want to get as much as I can from the kill before just leaving it for the scavengers." Danny answered with a nod.

He found himself relaxing a little more, and his body showed it. But he still refused to let his guard down completely. It was lower, that much was true, but it wasn't true that he had let his guard down one hundred percent. It was more like one quarter of the way down, the other three quarters of his guard still up.

Danny still couldn't shake the feeling that she was still trying to trick him, but he felt a little more trust towards the female human. Maybe if she wanted to hurt him, she would have done so by now.

"Unless she still hasn't figured out that I am a hybrid." Danny thought to himself as he set the knife aside and waited for the human's reply.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella nodded and stood up quickly. She left the knife on the ground and took her meat with her to her things. She grabbed some linen cloth and her pouch of water and ran back to him. When she was back she picked up the knife again and helped cut pieces of meat from the moose. She watched him carefully, using the same technique he was using. The meat cut away easily.

"So..." Ella said quietly, "Can I at least know your name? In case we somehow run into each other again..?" She wasn't confident he would give her a name, but she wanted to try. "Maybe we can become partners out here. Help each other out." she thought to herself as she sliced carefully.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"At least she has the sense to ask my name. But could it be a more advanced trick to try and kill hybrids? I don't know, but I might as well answer her question." Danny thought to himself as he glanced at her for a heartbeat or two.

"My name is Daniel. Daniel Phantom. But mostly people call me Danny." Danny said, finally speaking up.

He avoided her gaze as he spoke, knowing that he might have screwed up in revealing his last name. Phantom was a hybrid last name. Uncommon yes, but still a hybrid last name. Danny wasn't sure how common the last name Phantom was among humans, he had assumed it was non-existent among humans. Unless a hybrid had a child with a human, but part hybrids were unheard of, especially with the sick legend still going around despite the number of hybrids getting lower and lower because of the sick legend.

"Where did the stupid legend come from anyways?" Danny thought, once again wondering the same question that he had sometimes wondered since he had first heard about the false legend. At least, he had always thought to be false.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"Phantom... that's an interesting last name. I'm Ella, Ella..." she stopped. While lots of people were for killing hybrids she wasn't. She was absolutely disgusted to be the daughter of one of the most famous of them. She didn't know if he was for or against it, but she didn't want to say her last name and him try to kill her. It wouldn't be the first time it happened. Elle decided to change the topic before she made things too awkward.

"Were you born here? Or were you born somewhere else?" She thought this might be a relatively safe question to ask since it didn't need much information. "I was born a few towns over, it was an okay place, but I'm not allowed back anymore... Any way, where do you hale from Daniel?"

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast