Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Remaining Hybrids (IC thread) [Possibly M with Danny Phantom and Undead Fears]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Me? Let's see. I was born and raised in a cave that it was in a forest that was a good several day's walk from here. My parents were... outcasts. Rebels, exiled from the kingdom for trying to overthrow the king. In my opinion, they were lucky the king didn't have them killed. Maybe that is because my mother was pregnant with me at the time, and the king didn't want to kill an unborn child. But, whatever his reasons were, I'm glad my parents weren't killed." Danny answered, not fully telling the truth. Ella didn't need to know that his parents were full-blooded hybrids, and that they were trying to hide from humans who would try to kill them on sight. It was true that his parents were outcasts, but not for the reason he had just said they were.

"I still don't trust her enough to fully tell her the truth. Maybe I'll tell her the full truth later, when I trust her more and she doesn't try to kill me first. But for now, it is more than likely safer for me just lay low, and not reveal my true self." Danny thought.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella nodded. She could relate up to a point. She didn't have parents either. Well, not any she could go to. "My mother died when I was little, and my father disowned me because I wouldn't partake in the family business." she said looking at the knife in her hand. "I swore I'd never hurt the people he was after. The... The hybrids..." Ella said quietly. It took her some time to connect the dots, but now that she had he wouldn't trust her.

She stood silently, leaving the knife and medical supplies. "Thank you for the meat, hope you do alright..." she said as she started walking back to the spot where she left her things. She repacked them quickly and strapped back up. She looked back at him before starting back down the road, headed for her makeshift shelter a few yards off.
    Last edited by Undead_Fears; 04-24-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Danny paused in his task and turned his head, watching the female human head down the path. He wanted to say something but he stopped himself. With a sigh and a shake of his head, Danny turned his attention back to cutting the meat.

As he continued to remove chunks of meat from his kill, Danny found himself wondering if he should ask Ella if she wanted to team up with him. She didn't seem like she had a lot of experience out in the wild, but Danny did.

"Maybe just until she has enough experience to live out here on her own. No one said it had to a permanent thing. Spawn of a hybrid killer or not, for some reason, I don't think that I would be able to forgive myself if a newbie died out here, especially if I could have prevented it. Besides, its not like she has killed hybrids herself, at least it didn't seem like it. But she could be trying to trick and kill me. If comes to that, I will defend myself." Danny thought to himself.

Before he could stop himself, Danny got to his feet after packing up the meat that he had taken from the animal and headed down the road that Ella had taken.

"Ella?" Danny called, trying to get her attention.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella stopped at the sound of her name being called. She turned her head to see Danny following down the path behind her. She was surprised to see him, after all, she did say she was the daughter of his race's murderer. She started to walk towards him, meeting him halfway.

"Yes?" she asked hesitantly. She didn't know what he wanted, or what he planned to do. She couldn't read him at all. "Do you feel pity, hate, blood lust...?" she thought to herself as she stared into his eyes. She didn't want to hurt him, but if he attacked her she wouldn't really have a choice.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"I have given it some thought. I could be wrong, but you don't seem like you have enough experience to survive out here. I am willing to help mentor you on surviving out here, and that is only because I'd be kicking myself if you died out here and I could have done something to help prevent it. But be warned, don't do anything stupid. I have a right to defend myself if need be." Danny told her.

"Why am I even helping her? She's the daughter of a hybrid murderer!" Danny thought, mentally cursing himself about his own offer.

But it was too late to back out of the offer now, since he already made it. There was a part of Danny that hoped she'd wouldn't accept the offer, since he still wasn't sure about how he felt about traveling with a human. Though, he knew that even he had sometimes longed for a traveling companion. The life of lone wolf couldn't last forever. The lone wolf needed a pack eventually, or its life would end sooner rather than later.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella nodded. She was surprised at his willingness to help her, though some of it seemed forced. "I'm not going to hurt you, I have no reason to. I think it's disgusting to cut the organs out of a person, especially for a trophy." She was about to turn around to keep walking, but she stopped. "You can leave at any time, you aren't obligated to help me. Honestly I don't know why you're helping me."

She stood a moment before walking again, trying to get to her shelter before the rain started, but she felt it was a battle already lost. SHe didn't know if he was still following her, but she'd find out when she got to her camp.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Right. If you need anything, come find me. The wilderness is no place for a city person. " Danny told her, turning away to get to his own shelter.

As he walked away, he couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. So, she declined his offer. That was good, because he now had an excuse for not helping her. The part of him that hoped for and expected her to agree seemed to fade. He was a hybrid. Hybrids were lone wolf creatures.

"But how long can a lone wolf last without a pack?" Danny thought as he walked.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella stopped and looked back and watched him walk away. She sighed quietly to herself and kept walking. Soon after she got to her shelter it started pouring down rain. If that wasn't enough, some sort of animal had trashed her shelter. Ella yelled, angry that she was wet and had no where dry to stay.

Sighing, Ella picked up her stuff and started the trek to a nearby abandoned castle. She had never gone there before in case her father had gone looking for her there. The risk hung heavy in her mind, but she didn't care at that point. he just wanted to get there, get dry, eat, and get some rest.

After a short trek, she made her way to the castle. Its heavy doors rotting away and the outside covered in moss and lichen. She pushed the doors open then closed them behind her. "This is better than outside for sure," she said to herself as before sitting down and getting a fire set up.
    Last edited by Undead_Fears; 04-28-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Danny walked until he arrived at the his current placement, the abandoned castle. He started to scan the area, which he usually did before entering the castle just for safety reasons, only to pause when he saw that the castle doors, which he had sworn he had closed, were open. He tensed before going inside, ready to fight whatever animal, or human, had invaded his home.

He paused once he got inside, pulling out of his hunting knives. Once again, he started scanning the area. Spotting a shadow, Danny let out a growl, not realizing who it was.

"Who goes here?!" Danny asked, his voice sounding full of anger and threatening. He pointed the hunting knife out in front of him after he had spoken.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella turned around quickly, the sudden voice startling her. She stood, drawing her own knife, but quickly putting it away when she realized who it was. "It's me, Ella, from the woods. I didn't know you stayed here," she said as she stepped a little closer.

"My camp was ransacked and it was raining, so I thought I'd come here," she said wringing her hands slightly. "If you'd like me to leave, I will." She hoped he would let her stay, but it would be unkind to him if she did without his permission. She waited for his answer, shivering sightly from her soaked clothes, as she had not set up the fire yet.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast