Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Remaining Hybrids (IC thread) [Possibly M with Danny Phantom and Undead Fears]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Agreed. I was just thinking that same thing. But I didn't want to leave you by yourself with the possibility of those men out there. Since you want to check the surrounding area as well, that cancels my worry about leaving you alone. Come on, we should get going." Danny said.

He went to the rotting door and slowly opened it. He stuck his head outside, sniffing the air carefully. However, the only scents he was able catch were the natural scents of the forest, as well as the fresh water that had fallen the last night before. There were no signs of unwanted visitors, human or animal. There was no scent of the scent cover either. Letting out a sigh of relief, he opened the door a little more and stepped outside. He came to a stop and turned his head to the castle doors, which he had kept open for Ella to come out.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Ella blushed slightly as she heard his concern for her. She followed out, and closed the door behind her. She walked up to him and nodded, seeing that they were safe for the moment. She didn't want to say anything and upset him, but she was curious about the sudden concern he showed.

She decided not to push her luck and instead started to scout out areas she could set potential traps. She was careful to place her feet in areas they wouldn't leave tracks, and started to note where some good places were. "If push comes to shove, I'll draw them away from you," she said quietly.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"No. I don't want you doing that. I have experience fighting hybrid hunters. I don't want you getting hurt." Danny replied to Ella's statement.

He looked up into the trees, scanning the branches for signs of movement in them. He flinched when he saw what had he thought to be an human, but it just turned out to be a bird. He couldn't help but let out a growl of irritation at himself, as he should have known that the movement was just a bird flying out of the tree. But other than that, that was the only movement that Danny saw or heard.

Taking his gaze off of the trees, Danny sniffed the air once more. There was still no sign of the hunters. But Danny couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. He didn't know which one of them, but he had a feeling that one of them was going to get seriously injured. Danny hoped that his gut feeling was wrong, but it was usually right in cases like this. It didn't matter how much Danny wanted it to be wrong. It was rare when his gut feeling was incorrect.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

She looked at him as he growled in frustration. She walked over to him and gently put a hand on his shoulder, making sure not to startle him. "We're on edge, it's ok," she said hoping to calm him, along with herself. She looked to the trees and sighed.

She walked over to a medium sized boulder, and picked it up in her arms. She looked back over to Danny and brought it back, smiling slightly. "You got any rope?"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Not on me. But you might be able to take rope from an old curtain that should be on at least one of the windows in the castle." Danny answered, making a mental note to get some rope at some point.

Danny fell silent once more, trying to refocus his senses. He let himself getting distracted, and Danny knew that even a moment of distraction could be the death of a person, hybrid or animal out here.

I could be wrong, but I think those hybrid hunters know when their prey is distracted. When the hybrid loses focus, which the hybrid hunters almost always seem to notice, they attack. So, I better keep my focus on the situation at hand, and not daydream." Danny thought to himself, giving his head a shake to refocus his mind and senses.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

She nodded and dropped inside of the door before going out and getting a few more. She watched him carefully, wanting to help but knowing there wasn't really a way to do so. She walked in and started to pull the ropes from the curtains, making sure they could hold the weight of the rocks.

After she checked them, she went up and tied them to some of the railing so they hung above the door, waiting to drop on any intruders that might come. She smiled to herself and ran back downstairs. She looked in her bag for some fish line, planning on making a trip wire.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Danny looked straight ahead, still checking the area for signs of danger. As time seemed to drag on, Danny wasn't convinced that Charles was just trying to scare Danny by speaking the haunting words that he had said to the hybrid. Danny was starting to doubt that the hunters were coming today.

"But the day is still very much young. They still can pay us a visit today if they wanted to." Danny thought to himself as he still looked ahead.

"I can't help but wonder if the hunters found your father's body yet. I have not heard anything since that bird startled us, nor have I caught the scent of anything out of the usual forest scents." Danny called out to Ella from where he was.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"They're strategic. They plan, wait, then strike when their targets have dropped their guard. I know because I've gone through this before. Except one difference," she said as she walked back to the door inside and started setting the wire up, "When they chased me, it was for months on end. The only reason I'm alive was because one of them broke their leg."

She finished the trip wire and went back to Danny. She looked around at the trees and the surrounding foliage there was. It made her uncomfortable to stand out in the open with the threat of them coming to get them, but she knew she couldn't let fear cloud her judgment.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Serves them right I guess. Too bad worse couldn't have happened." Danny answered.

After he had spoken, his mind went back to the topic of family. He was once again thinking about how it might feel to be a father as well a mentor and guardian to the young hybrids he hoped to one day to sire.

"But the hybrid hunters need to die off before I even consider going through with the idea of starting a family of my own." Danny thought bitterly as he stood outside.

Due to the fact that he was letting his mind wander, Danny had not realised that he let his guard down. He looked around, daydreaming and not really paying any attention to what he was seeing. He subconsciously stuck the blade of Phantom Star in the ground, leaving him slower to respond if they got ambushed.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

She looked to see him starting to go off into his own thoughts. She looked around them before pulling one of her knives out and holding it in her hand, keeping her guard up in case someone came. She knew he'd gone through a lot and his thoughts wondering was something that happened often, but it made her unsteady that he dropped it this much.

"Mom, watch over him, okay?" she whispered quietly as she walked back inside to double check everything. She knew he could protect himself, but him staying out there frightened her. She walked back over to the weapons stash and found his bow and quiver of arrows lying in the shadows. She took it and slung the quiver onto her back, and with bow in hand, she went back outside and climbed one of the trees close to the entrance of the castle.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast