Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Space Cadet {M} Holey & Undead Fears

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Space Cadet {M} Holey & Undead Fears

Kinkerie stared ahead, watching and listening. She was excited to be here, to serve and make her race proud. As one of the instructors went by, she heard him mumble under his breath. "Hmm, she's gonna die quick." Kinkerie smirked and hit the bell around her neck, it gently tinkling in the mostly quiet room. The officer look at her and she brightly smiled back. The instructor turned back and continued to look at the cadets.

One of the instructors caught her eye. He looked to be young, in his twenties, but who knows how old he really was. Kinkerie smiled when her eyes caught sight of him. He had a faint smile playing on his lips from when she rang her bell. "This is gonna be fun," she thought to herself with a smile.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Aboard the Imperial Academy Ship Space Cadet, Major Erik Hartman of the Imperial Armada was gathering together his thoughts in order to instruct a class. He never really wanted this gig as a flight instructor, but after having amassed more than 300 confirmed kills during the Asmodean War, the decision came down from High Command that his skills should be taught to the next generation of cadets.

It wasn't so bad, he supposed, since the Academy Ships stood a good chance of being deployed to minor skirmishes in order to give the cadets some combat experience in a fairly safe environment, due to the vast technological superiority of the Imperial Armada over most of the galaxy and the fact that some of their best pilots would be deployed alongside their cadets in order to keep them safe, but it wasn't war... the focus was more on the training than it was on the combat.

He found himself before his class for the first time, gazing over the students. About half the class was female... a much larger ratio than most other units... plus some of the girls were rather cute. He noted the cute smile of a particularly attractive girl with cat ears and a bell collar when she saw him, causing him to reply with a bit of an awkward smile of his own.

"Morning, cadets," he addressed them all. "I'm Major Erik Barkhorn. You may have heard of me from such large-scale conflicts as the Asmodean War, or maybe not. Either way, I'll be a flight instructor for this particular class. You'll have several flight instructors to teach various theory crafting, along with a wing commander assigned to take you out into the Black on practical exercises. Today is mostly orientation, but please note who your assigned wing commander is."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Kinkerie raised her hand. "Sir, if I may so, I haven't heard of anything you've done and I'm really hankering for some lunch. You know when we're dismissed?" The other cadets quietly giggled at her comment as she smiled confidently at him. She knew exactly who he was, and was even in awe of him. She had learned he was her wing commander and was excited to get going.

As the room quieted again, she decided she was going to keep at it. "You know, this is a pretty snazzy ship! I'm not surprised by the condition, but I wonder if this has even seen combat. I mean, if it's for us to train in, shouldn't it be tested in combat?" The others looked around at each other and smiled. "I mean, think about it, we are worse than war. New cadets, learning, making mistakes, scratching things up," Kinkerie said while looking at her claws. The room burst into laughter, but was quickly set back to silence by one of the other instructors. "Buzzkill," she murmured.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Gazing at the cat-eared girl as she raised her hand, Erik gave a sigh at her question. "Break times and lunch time should be listed in your schedule. You'll find all that information conveniently located in your own head, as part of your internal hyperlink's database. If you don't know how to use a hyperlink... you'd best get to work learning, as it'll be impossible to pilot without being intimately familiar with the device."

He was referring to an organic quantum neural network computer implanted into the base of every soldier's skull, which acted as a sort of personal computer, cellular telephone, and all purpose personal data assistant and communications device. It was accessed through neural induction, so the girl simply needed to focus and concentrate on what she wanted the device to do for her and it would respond.

He couldn't help but chuckle at her energetic attitude as she asked another question about the ship. "The Magus-class academy ships are battle tested, scaled down versions of the Dragoon-class Battlestars. We have the latest Mk-V level weapons and defensive technology, so external threats aren't nearly so problematic as our own cadets, as you pointed out."

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Kinkerie smiled at his response. This was the first time she was indulged by an instructor to, in a way, keep being herself. Her entire life, she didn't know who her parents were, so she never really listened to anyone. In the foster care system, no one wanted a neko, not to keep as their kin for the next years of their life. Getting adopted and trained by the government was no better, she gained a short fused temper and was publicly punished for it sometimes. But all of a sudden that didn't matter anymore.

"One last thing," she said staring straight into his eyes, "When do we start the show cuz I've got my ticket and I've been sitting through the preshow like a good attendant so let's get on with it, alright?" Every started to agree, saying they wanted to start, meet up with their wing commanders, wanted to do anything but sit there. She knew this question would get him in his heart. If he wanted to train them to be their best, then she wanted to incite it. Kinkerie smiled at the students all around her. Yes, this was somewhere she belonged.

Using her computer brain as she called it, she shot a message to Erik. "Ready to roll?"
    Last edited by Undead_Fears; 04-22-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The informal attitude that the cadet was giving to her instructor explained somewhat why some of the other instructors didn't have a very high opinion of her. In a sense, many of them placed a high emphasis on discipline and etiquette, and the fact that she had only called him "sir" on one occasion so far and the rest of her dialogue had been of an informal nature was in sharp contrast to some of the more rigid structure that other instructors insisted on, but Erik himself didn't particularly care, as he would prefer to treat her like a wingman than like a subordinate, as she was listed as being part of his wing.

"I don't have much else to say," he said with a shrug at the neko girl. "So I suppose you cadets can go ahead and hook up with your wing commanders and the rest of your wing." He received her message on his own hyperlink, giving a slight chuckle in response. "Alpha wing, you're with me. Let's take this conversation to the bar."

The talkative neko girl was assigned to Alpha wing, as were two Achenaran males, and a bunny-eared female cadet who looked to be of middle school age, or at least young enough that her body hadn't yet developed. Erik decided to use the excuse of "team building" to get a drink and get to know the cadets who would be serving under him, proceeding to lead the way towards the bar despite some of the funny looks of the service personnel of the Space Cadet.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Kinkerire laughed with excitement as she jumped down the hall. She was excited to get out of that stuffy hall, and now they were going to get alcohal? Amazing! She cartwheeled and flipped down the hall, using her hearing to get to the bar a few steps ahead of the others. She was never ashamed of what she could do and she didn't think he really minded.

When Kinkerie entered she was amazed. "This is quite the bar! No wonder you wanted to 'team build' in here." she said smirking at Erik. There was a slight twinkle in her eye and butterflies in her stomach. She was always easily attracted to people, but this somehow seemed different. She shook her head slightly and went up to the bar, asking what they recomended for new cadets. She couldn't stop sneaking glances at her commander, making her blush slightly. "Shit I hope he doesn't see me..." she thought to herself as she got her drink.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The neko attracted quite a few odd glances from her fellow cadets as well as her instructor and passing crewmen as she performed acrobatics in her short uniform skirt. Erik tried not to stare too much at the scene that was offered him, though it didn't seem like the neko particularly cared, as she seemed to be quite excited, for some reason. He figured it would fade soon once she realized how hard they'd be working, and that this assignment was no picnic.

"Eh, wouldn't call it that great a bar," the veteran pilot said with a shrug as he made his way into the bar. "It's just a place to chill between missions, really. Once you get your level three bio-augments, anything you drink here will be sapped out of your body when it comes time to fly, so there's no need to worry about piloting while impaired, so to speak."

Making his way over to a table, he pulled out chairs for the neko and the bunny while they males pulled out their own chairs. "Alright then," he said. "You all know who I am, but I'll introduce myself again. Eric Barkhorn, Major, Imperial Armada. Got some 300 kills during the Jasidian War... nothing like the Bloody Baron's record, but it's not terrible." He glanced to his left to the neko that was staring at him, figuring she'd want to introduce herself next.

Will do all
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

She smiled as he finished. "Name's Kinkerie! I was adopted by the government at around the age of 4. I where this bell around my neck because I am proud to be a neko and proud of what I can do. I'm only still a kitten in my race, but that doesn't matter to me. I'll fight tooth and nail to make sure the good guys win, whatever the battle is!" She smiled to herself as she knew her spunk made her different from a lot of the cadets there on the ship.

Kinkerie sat quietly while the others told about themselves. It was the first time sh had shown she has control over herself and that she knew when enough was enough. After everyone was done, she got up and got another drink, thinking about her government training. She leaned against the bar, lost in her own thoughts.
    Last edited by Undead_Fears; 04-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Erik ordered himself some Achenaran black rum as he listened to the cadets introduce themselves, chuckling somewhat at how adorable the self-proclaimed kitten was. He noted the fact that she referred to herself by her given name and wondered if her race even had surnames, unable to refrain from smiling somewhat at how cute she was behaving.

The next cadet spoke his own introduction after Kinkerie finished. "Adam Fleming, Jannissary program, age 16. I look forward to working with you all... this seems interesting." It seemed he too was amused at the way Erik had decided to host his team building in a bar.

"William Stanford, of the Stanford family," said the other male cadet in the distinct dialect of Ferronian aristocracy. "Age seventeen. I'm not interested in making friends with commoners, but I'll perform to the excellence as expected of my family name."

The bunny blushed profusely as her turn came around, glancing around nervously. Erik simply gazed at her, nodding for her to go ahead and proceed when ready, and she eventually spoke up. "M-my name is Luna..." she said hesitantly as she continued to blush. "I'm not... good at talking to guys. I'm only fourteen, but I'll do my very best!"

Finishing his rum, Eric glanced over to where Kinkerie was getting another drink at the bar. "Hey, get one for me too?" he asked her.

Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast