Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interest check - apocalypse Survival rpg, care to look?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

(1d20)[11]

(2d6)[8]

Gets a little funny if you try to do modifiers in the roll.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-24-2018 at 10:05 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

well, now that we have that figured out, anyone want to play? :3
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I need to know more about the game.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

what would you like to know? anything specific?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AxelVanDeriz View Post
    what would you like to know? anything specific?
    As someone who's checked to see what the game is about, 'any specific' for me would be everything. You've mentioned the game is post-apocalyptic and rolls dice....and that's about it. A lot more background would be welcome.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

OK, so, allow me to type up an exerpt of the storyline I have so far:

It seemed only yesterday the wheels of progress were still turning. Until, everything that ran on electric power was stopped. some of us, the more clever ones, found a solution. One by one, cities once again came to life. We ran on steam power ever since. Water is abundant for now, but before the oceans dry up we must find a different solution. I am Nikkolai Voidsong, Mayor of the newly built town of Bravelight. And, even though I'm nervous for my first day in office, I cannot deny my excitement. A variety of people, all races, cultures, and backgrounds have come here, we have a surprising variety compared to other steam-runing cities. We have dwarves, elves, beast people, demons, and even people like myself, hybrids. Well, time to cut the ribbon and welcome people to Bravelight. I hope they enjoy it.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Need:
    Mayor's right hand/lover (female)
    Gatherers (Scavengers, foragers, hunters, etc.)
    Minister of security
    minister of education
    minister of engineering
    Minister of economy
    minister of entertainment
    minister of beautification
    District manager
    various engineers and workers as well as citizens

the dice rolling (during night, by me) determines whether new people (NPCs) are born or inducted into the city, during days each group has three turns of what to do. such as gatherers being divided into 3 groups of each gathering type (This mostly depends on how many gatherers there are, could be one or two groups rather than three, though each group needs at least 2 or 3 people to increase odds of surviving) there is also a kind of enemy, not necessarily a zombie, but more like mutated cannibals. every 7 days in game I roll the dice again to decide whether the 'Freaks' attack in the night, or if it's just another calm-ish night. As you may have guessed, this apocalyptic RP also has steampunk elements tossed in as well as survival themes. The dice rolling comes in to make it fair for everyone. Kinda like the D&D has 'roll for initiative' but this is more like 'roll for success' or 'roll for survival.' which, the roll for survival depends on what group or 'job' you took. The survival roll only effects people not of the gathering groups on nights the freaks attack.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sorry I didn't respond right away, I had to go to training. I'm back now.

Technically, Coal fire, oil, and nuclear power plants generate heat to make steam to drive turbines, so really we just got better at doing it. But as this world is 70% water, I'm wondering why you're running out as steam will condense back into water, falling as rain?

This sounds like a mini-nation type game that's revolving around a city, using Table Consent rules. Will you be posting the table?

You mention Hybrids and Freaks who aren't quite zombies?

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, it is true that would happen, steam returni g to the earth as rain. I just wanted some type of dilemma to keep things interesting, kind of.

I wouldn't know the first thing about online tables, sadly. ^^: I was just gonna do dice rolls and call it a fair enough.

Yes, the freaks are just mutated cannibals, still totally alive, and too far gone to save.

Hybrids consist of 2 or more races in a single being. Such as Nikkolai, half demon, quarter elf, quarter human. As such he's got a much longer lifespan than ordinary races, the dwarves and beast people have more human like lifespans. Though elves and demons have nearly immortal lifespans, so Nikkolai has some human to make it shorter than average demons and elves, but longer than a human.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Water's not going to be your problem - fuel is.

Mining - perhaps you've got a coal vein? Or perhaps you've not found anything yet?
    Oil - you can drill, but how do you refine what you find? What if it's not sweet light crude?
    Trees - it's renewable but it takes a long time to grow and a lot of effort to collect, and needs time to dry out. It's also useful in construction.

Solar? focusing mirrors on a vessel where you can concentrate the rays to flash boil water pumped up there to drive turbines is possible, but only works when you have sunlight to use.

Vulcano? Perhaps whatever happened to destroy civilization also make geologic hot spots you can tap into for heat? Yellowstone's Old Faithful or the La Brea Tar pits would be a good example of a geologic hot spot that's not dangerously active.

For the races, you should list the advantages and disadvantages, and how it affects hybrids beyond that of shorter life spans?

Demon vulnerability - prayers, holy symbols, silver, holy water, cold iron?
    Elves - cold iron, definitely.
    Human - shorter lifespan.

So how much of what affects hybrids? It shouldn't negate it. Perhaps it increases your vulnerabilities?

EDIT: As for table consent, it's the question of how you determine a successful roll? Are you rolling a d100 and saying base save is 50%? If you have the right class or advantage or skill, you can take a modifier to give you better odds - but against a weakness, it's more likely to fail.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-30-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

For fuel, solar during day hours, and coal at night? And maybe huge energy banks for emergency power supplies.

For my hybrid, aside shorter lifespan, maybe cold iron, because both demon and elf have it.

Ahh, I see. Been a minute, but I remember that now about table consent.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast