Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interest check - apocalypse Survival rpg, care to look?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

You may want to consider opening a world-building thread.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AxelVanDeriz View Post
    For fuel, solar during day hours, and coal at night? And maybe huge energy banks for emergency power supplies.

For my hybrid, aside shorter lifespan, maybe cold iron, because both demon and elf have it.

Ahh, I see. Been a minute, but I remember that now about table consent.
    You wouldn't want your secondary fuel to be used as often as your primary. You would literally burn through it; Aside from having to start the furnaces long enough before losing the light for the power to be uninterrupted by the switch, getting them up to temp takes more thAn maintaining. And afterwards you would either need to continue feeding the furnafe to keep the embers burning or extinguish them every day. Either by letting whats in them burn out, or forcing them out; Both of which costs fuel.

Honestly if your town is well placed there should be a fresh water source nearby. A few aquaducts and a turbine adjustment or two and you could go hydro sourced for the power.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Dunno where I AM, but I am FROM outer space. XD
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What is the world building section and what does it do, honestly?

Thanks, DNA.
    Spoiler: Frequently Used Characters 

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

The Answer to your questions.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnafein View Post
    You wouldn't want your secondary fuel to be used as often as your primary. You would literally burn through it; Aside from having to start the furnaces long enough before losing the light for the power to be uninterrupted by the switch, getting them up to temp takes more thAn maintaining. And afterwards you would either need to continue feeding the furnafe to keep the embers burning or extinguish them every day. Either by letting whats in them burn out, or forcing them out; Both of which costs fuel.

Honestly if your town is well placed there should be a fresh water source nearby. A few aquaducts and a turbine adjustment or two and you could go hydro sourced for the power.
    If you're going to create power, it's a good idea to be diverse about it. If you can make batteries, then batteries of solar cell panels and wind generators work wonders to generate electricity.

If you have water up high, you could make a reservoir and hydroelectric dam, or perhaps just gravity-fed water generator.

But it depends a lot on what sort of generators you have and how reliable they are. Perhaps all you're up to is lights and radio? Might be a problem in a cold climate.

Gristmills, water pumps, sawmills, and tool shops may be running on treadwheels, wind mills, or waterwheels. You may have factories that are using boilers burning wood or coal to generate steam. By limiting your use to those places that need it, you can build up your tech to create better generators, better systems that can expand.

You may have a steam train, simply because it doesn't need diesel (which you may not have) to run.

Public transportation may rely on wagons or cable cars powered once more by steam - but thankfully, that doesn't need to run 24/7. Or maybe your scavengers are bringing back all the bicycles they can find.

Gasoline spoils rather easily, especially when mixed with alcohol. Even if gas station tanks were sucked out by tankers, there's still an inch of fuel they couldn't remove but a hand pump with better suction might. You may have a few vehicles that run on it, but it's a matter of removing the water that's leaked in, not easily done with something that when it warms up starts giving off explosive fumes.

Of course, you have demons and elves running around, perhaps they have something to contribute?

I wonder how much heat a tire fire can make?

Quote Originally Posted by AxelVanDeriz View Post
    What is the world building section and what does it do, honestly?
    World building allows a group of people to come together to create a world together, everyone must contribute. The bonus is you have your own dedicated forum for it.

Persistent Worlds is much the same, but you can game in the forum. If you're putting together a complicated game, a persistent world may be what you need.

In either case, you need five members in order to submit your application. Anything less than that, you may want to try forming a group or starting a creative writing thread for it.

I use a group as a gaming notebook.
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-30-2018 at 10:42 PM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sorry for double-posting, but I had an idea for this.

Basically, separate groups on different dimensions were experimenting with opening a portal for various reasons, and it resulted in a cascade failure. Suddenly five separate dimensions collided, collapsing into each other resulting in a massive loss of life, while the quantum state of the different dimensions fluctuated and finally settled into a new alignment. One dimension where there used to be five before, so you find a wizard's tower next to a modern high-rise office building, each in desperate need of repair, across the street from a pit of flaming tar that various demons are enjoying like a swimming pool.

We can do some basic things with electricity - incandescent lights, arc welding, even very basic radio - but that's it. Computers don't work. Cars with computerized systems don't. Cellphones don't. Or at least won't unless there's a spot that has been spelled to make it compatible.

Advanced spells don't work - if you're lucky, the spell doesn't pinball because of all the iron.

Steam does work.
    Last edited by Enigma; 05-02-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Oooh, those are pretty good ideas.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

It gives us a reason to have so many disparate races coming together.

One idea about how your demon is multi-racial - before the collapse, demons were intent on invading the other dimensions. Using powerful spells, they were able to create simple gates that allowed them to cross into the other dimensions for a time. They would then take lovers so they could create children that could survive in either dimension.

With the collapse, however, many of the lessor demons have died, but the children live.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was thinking something along the same line. Except my character's father is a more powerful demon, if you ever played 'unforgiving a northern hymn' Nikkolai's father was a similar demon to the one in that game. Just a bit better looking.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

The way I'm envisioning the collapse is while gates are being crafted in the five dimensions, someone shows up to interrupt. A hero shows up to challenge the demon gate, the Army invades a science lab to take over the gate in the national interest, etc.

And of course, things go very wrong, heh. One of the Nameless RPG games is one call Allworldz, it would work well for this, I think, even if we don't use the mechanics.

Did you ever watch the anime, "The Devil is a Part-Timer?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast