Thread: What movies do you most wish you could rewrite?

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default What movies do you most wish you could rewrite?

As in the title, what movies do you most wish you could rewrite.

Spoiler: my shortlist 
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 04-28-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vampire Academy. The movie tanked so they didn't make a second one. I really like the main actress but I don't like how they made the movie look like some teen suck fest lol

The divergent series: I read the books and I like the first movie but the next 2 are not what I expected. Especially the 3rd movie made me mad lol

Beautiful Creatures: I recently read the book and then tried to watch the movie. The movie was out of order, revealing things before they were supposed to be revealed, too focused on the love between the main two when it's a little more angst-y.

Those are just the ones I can think of right now. I'm sure there are more lol

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Artemis Fowl falls into the same category as Vampire Academy and Beautiful Creatures for me also. The crux of it seems to be that film adaptations of YA infantilise the viewers as if they cannot appreciate character and world development. YA readers and viewers are brighter than they are credited sometimes. I would love to see more Holly Black, but am afraid of what they would do to it. I thought that The Spiderwick Chronicles film was actually fairly good, though it was funny enough aged below the YA titles we mentioned here.

In the same way, though, I suppose many movies and shows tend to over-explain even basic things these days. C'est la vie.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture