Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The High School Life of Macie Melody Lightfoot.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Better check your email or can you log into the school website to find yours?" Vic offered. "Otherwise you'll need to go to the office and have them print one for you."

And risk being late to whatever was the first period class for today. "Maybe the teachers will be forgiving?"

"So shall we go to the office?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy,Slice of Life, Drama, Action depending on what it's about.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    "Better check your email or can you log into the school website to find yours?" Vic offered. "Otherwise you'll need to go to the office and have them print one for you."

And risk being late to whatever was the first period class for today. "Maybe the teachers will be forgiving?"

"So shall we go to the office?"

Macie: *Nods* Yeah. If you wouldn't mind. New year of school and i'm just rather lost and confused on where to really go. The classes are just... so different than what they were since last year. *Shaking her head* With the celeb life... i lost track of how classes were here. Wow! Things just change way too much... *Chuckles*

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"We better hurry," Vic said, taking Macie's hand and leading her out the door. "I hope they'll give us a pass."

Was this a test? Vic wondered. Was she on to her? Or was it as she said, Macie just overwhelmed with it all - school, record deal, concerts....?

"So is there going to be like a concert?" Vic asked. "Did you record any music videos here?"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"We better hurry," Vic said, taking Macie's hand and leading her out the door. "I hope they'll give us a pass."

Was this a test? Vic wondered. Was she on to her? Or was it as she said, Macie just overwhelmed with it all - school, record deal, concerts....?

"So is there going to be like a concert?" Vic asked. "Did you record any music videos here?"
    Macie didn't really say much to that as she was just looking forward to just finding her classes. But she did understand the concern that Victoria had and felt as if she could be pretty safe around her. She didn't know who else to trust and as of then... beside everything prior... Vic was the only one that was vowing to protect her in however way she believed possible. Macie was very grateful. Her demeanor said as much.

Macie: Concerts? I don't know. I never seemed to have thought about it. I should ask my agent Gene about that. Because he's always on the move and looking to pick up on some deals for me and the like. Alden Kohler... My Publicist will likely call and let me know if word comes of me choosing to hold a concert. Music Videos... I might have done a couple or so... Maybe 4. Kinda surprised that they've yet to air. Normally... once a music video is made... it usually would be sent to the Television stations and companies and played on air through the T.V waves and be for the people to see them. So you'd think.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Yeah, well that's where they get you," Vic grumbled. "Studio time is expensive, the engineer they bring in to mix the music is expensive, producing videos is expensive, it's where newcomers get into trouble. You have to go perform to help sell your music, hoping your audience is buying it up so you can at least break even, otherwise you just get deeper into hock with those guys."

She paused, looking back at Marcie seriously. "As soon as you can afford it, you make yourself a studio. In your house. All the smart ones do, to save on the studio rental fees."

It would also be safer for her, but that was incidental.

"So, did the studio give you any presents yet, or are they waiting to see how you sell?" Vic asked as the school office came into sight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Yeah, well that's where they get you," Vic grumbled. "Studio time is expensive, the engineer they bring in to mix the music is expensive, producing videos is expensive, it's where newcomers get into trouble. You have to go perform to help sell your music, hoping your audience is buying it up so you can at least break even, otherwise you just get deeper into hock with those guys."

She paused, looking back at Marcie seriously. "As soon as you can afford it, you make yourself a studio. In your house. All the smart ones do, to save on the studio rental fees."

It would also be safer for her, but that was incidental.

"So, did the studio give you any presents yet, or are they waiting to see how you sell?" Vic asked as the school office came into sight.
    Macie was understanding the sense of distrust in the Entertainment business and how they can very sneaky in their moves. But she also couldn't see what Victoria's issue with everything there was about them. To Macie... It was just her life. Nothing more. She looked at Victoria with a bit of an annoyed stare when she was told about making a recording studio within her home. She couldn't believe that one person could have just so much distrust in the Entertainment industry.

Macie only sighed as she was just with realization that Victoria was sensing trouble and knew that she was just trying to keep her with her guard up. To never leave the guard down for even a second. Because it'd be the moment she does that people would try to take advantage. She couldn't have that...

Macie: Victoria, I know that you're trying to just protect me and all... But i can't help but to ask this: How is it that you know all this about the Entertainment industry? You never were part of their world. I don't suspect anyway. But, how is it that you know about what they are all like? Not all of them are as bad as you make them out to be. It's just that the ones who are bad... they're the ones who make the ones who're not bad... just as bad as they are because they're in the same field as they are.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"You can thank my grandfather," Vic sighed. "One of my aunts told him she wanted a recording contract, so every party I went to last year had a bunch of record label executives. To be fair, I'd say they were the ones slumming."

"One of their scouts saw something in you, I've no doubt. So the record company agreed to support this, but there's a lot that goes into making an album and the music videos, those get paid first, and then you. Recording studio is like $85-100 an hour for a decent one, and an audio engineer is another $50 an hour. Building your own studio once you have the cash is just going to save you money later on."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"You can thank my grandfather," Vic sighed. "One of my aunts told him she wanted a recording contract, so every party I went to last year had a bunch of record label executives. To be fair, I'd say they were the ones slumming."

"One of their scouts saw something in you, I've no doubt. So the record company agreed to support this, but there's a lot that goes into making an album and the music videos, those get paid first, and then you. Recording studio is like $85-100 an hour for a decent one, and an audio engineer is another $50 an hour. Building your own studio once you have the cash is just going to save you money later on."

Macie: Wow! I guess that i'm to stand corrected. I never had to think of doing my own studio. Maybe i should think on saving up my money and look into that. It'd be a better bet than to just go to a Recording studio and Role with doing songs there. I should be thanking you about that though. Wow...

Macie was really believing what she was hearing even though some seemed far fetched. It was likely just a bit much to handle since it was only the first day back in school and trying to attain a normal life. A typical school life. However with Victoria letting her know about what may come... Macie started to sense as if she were only to be fooling herself. Was she fooling herself... Really? Or was she hearing nothing but paranoia? Macie in school... Part of her was thinking... "What am i doing here? I can't be here. If people are gonna recognize me that fast here... I might be surrounded by people who want my autograph. I'll never get any schooling done this way." But the other part was on the ropes. Not knowing what to do.
    Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 06-12-2018 at 05:53 PM.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Vic glanced back and winced.

"Sorry," she offered. "Don't mean to scare you."

Yes, she did.

"Listen, the only way anyone makes money here is to make sure you succeed, so that's what's going to happen. Believe it. Believe in you. And just relax, you're not going to be on anyone's radar until the big release."

At which point her life was going become massively complicated, but having those memories would help.

"So go get your schedule before the bell rings?" Vic smiled. "Because we gotta get to class. Normal life, right?"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Vic glanced back and winced.

"Sorry," she offered. "Don't mean to scare you."

Yes, she did.

"Listen, the only way anyone makes money here is to make sure you succeed, so that's what's going to happen. Believe it. Believe in you. And just relax, you're not going to be on anyone's radar until the big release."

At which point her life was going become massively complicated, but having those memories would help.

"So go get your schedule before the bell rings?" Vic smiled. "Because we gotta get to class. Normal life, right?"
    Macie: Yeah. Normal life is right. I just find all this so stressing. Juggling everything around. Trying to tell one life from the other and not get them all mixed up. And about scaring me... you kinda did... although... i think that was the one that did most of the scaring of myself. It's spooky when talking about things revolving the celeb life as it's just unreal... Knowing of what could happen. I've done okay... but it's just still the concept of it all... that's what's getting me.

Macie nodded as suddenly she walked into the office to grab her class schedule and find out which classes she had. She didn't know where her classes were. She had no idea. But she was gonna be fine as long as she knew that Victoria was gonna be around. As it was... while at the same time she sorta spooked Macie... she was also very informative which helped Macie out and keep on being aware of what would come her way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast