Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [M] Runes

The Big Meme
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Supernatural threads, fantasy mythology but I'm up to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

The temptation to drop the head echoed around her skull as this “Red” just ignored them. It made rage pin prickle it's way through her stomach, to be pushed to the background like she was nothing more than one of the large boulders that littered the soil around them. The woman was stupidly sure of herself to pass over questions to dote on the Mer. It was concerning, the attention the newcomer gave her. Perhaps Red was smitten… Or her intentions were not as simple as they first thought.

“I heard the fighting, came to watch, the red mage attacked me, I fought back, he ran away” What a fucking coincidence. A single glance downwards was gifted to the loaf as Red said that the enemy mage ran away. “then I found this beauty.” Her stomach flipped as she let her gaze return to the Mer. Ew. This Red one appeared out of thin air, fought an enemy...and now is making love struck googly eyes at the Mer. Why? The word burned a joke through the tip of her tongue. She didn’t get a chance to air her thoughts when Solar spoke his mind and waited for a response.

“Oh, Red Lady will not kill you.” the ethereal creature lilted, matter-of-factly, “Red Lady does not care about you.”

It appeared to be the wrong response for Solar. The man let a deep breath escape his cracked lips before sending an unamused glare to the ground. His gaze dragged over the group as of he was searching for another voice of reason. One was missing. A small crinkle burrowed into his forehead and he let his heavy feet kick dust up as he moved away from the group.

The Wanderer remained silent. Letting the others voice their concern as dull eyes dragged over the newcomer. She agreed with the Wraith. The woman had given no reason for them to trust her. “I don't like it” Her voice clear and strong as she kept a firm grip on her axe. “You have given us no reason to trust you. All that Ambie has confirmed is that you are more preoccupied with trying to get closer to the Mer… for what appears to be unsavoury reasons.”

“We are not a group of people out for vengeance. Out to settle a fucking feud that started 5 minutes ago or fuck something they set eyes on 3 minutes ago. This is bigger than you, so unless you realise that...I don't see any point you joining us.” The Wanderer let her words settle like the dust around them. The red one grinned and gripped the Mer’s hand tight. “This isn’t some fucking children’s adventure...Oh for fucks sake.” She turned her attention to the head in her hands. “You’ve been quiet for once….What’s your opinion on this?”

The loaf opened his mouth to spout some egotistical bull shit when Solar’s voice broke through the momentary silence. “Over here. Now.” The urgency in his voice was unusual, enough to make the Wanderer stop glaring at the newcomer and the Mer. She didn’t give the loaf any chance to refuse to go any closer, she moved closer to Solar’s voice and kept her axe close by her side. Blood had a horrible smell and the closer they got to Solar, the more it became overwhelming.

Raven lay motionless before them. His eyes wide open, staring at a non-existent foe. Another had fallen. Her lips tightened into a thin line and she let a deep sigh escape her nostrils. The look in the Raven’s eyes was gut wrenching but her attention was dragged to the fact that his leg was missing. Jagged edges told her it was teeth that had torn the leg from his body. What the fuckity fuck was big enough to do that...and yet somehow none of them had noticed it...

Give me your words, RPA!!

Go vote for RPA!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The Loaf in her hands seemed to be thinking along the same lines.

“Eeech.” the Immortal said, pulling a face. “Perhaps we should get moving sooner rather than later?”

“And just leave him here?” Solar challenged, glancing back at Wraith.

“Solar’s right.” said Illusion. “We should at least bury him.”

The Immortal sighed as if she had caused him a great personal inconvenience, and rolled his eyes towards the pile of rubble that had been brought down during the wizards’ duel. A bolt of invisible force zagged past the other mages, and with a teeth-itching buzz the rocks and earth lifted themselves to pour down over Raven’s savaged corpse. In moments their former companion had disappeared.

“There, he’s buried.” the Immortal huffed. “Can we go now?”

Solar shook his head, arms crossed. “What’s your problem?”

“Besides being broke, bodiless and stuck with you people?”

“You know, you don’t have to be a dick.”

The Immortal raised his eyebrows. “True. But why deny myself one of life’s simple pleasures?”
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Spoiler: Secrets - Volume 3 

Part 3 - The Mer

By now the sun had risen to its peak, and in the middle of the dry season its heat pressed down like a physical force. A cooling breeze from the sea kept the air bearable, wuthering across the beach every few seconds to send whitecaps scudding over the waves, and tugging at the clothes of the six companions who now stood at the water’s edge.

Wraith and the others were alone on the beach - most of the villagers were either taking shelter from the midday sun, or else still hiding from the rune duel they had heard echoing down the mountainside. Their only companions were the seabirds, hovering above them on the rising thermals as they eyed the waves for fish.

“Now.” the Ambassador said, blinking her liquid eyes at the group. She was holding the Immortal’s head in her hands. “We must swim.”

“I wouldn’t mind the refreshment.” Solar commented. “But I’ve never tried holding my breath for more than a couple of minutes. You still got those runes you stole from the bitch at the river?”

The Ambassador propped the Immortal in the crook of her arm as she retrieved the small bag that Wanderer had given her for safekeeping. She looked at the bag for a second.

“All touch...yes, good.” Holding the bag up, again rather gingerly, she handed it off to Solar.

“Do you want me to touch you with it?” Illusion offered, speaking to the Immortal’s severed head.

The Immortal offered her one of his winning smiles, but this one was pyrite false. “I once spent six days in a flooded cavern network, searching for the rune of preservation. Also, as people never seem to get tired of pointing out, I’m a freaking disembodied head - and I’m still talking. You really think I need your pissy air-bubble rune to survive underwater?”
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 12-06-2018 at 08:43 PM.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Red couldn’t help but crack a small smile. She sort of liked the severed heads smartass comments. She didn’t know what or who he was, or even how he came to be a severed head, but she liked the unique air she felt from him. He reminded her of someone from her past. Several people actually, when she thought about it hard enough. There was always someone like him in a large group. Since she had been in several over the years, she recognized his place among the other immediately. Like every time before though, she didn’t imagine herself staying with these people very long. Especially with the axe woman’s views. Red didn’t feel unaccustomed to being rejected, and it didn’t bother her much. Still, Red felt a microscopic urge to prove to that woman that she herself had survived this long, and had done things her own way which poses no threat to how the short woman’s axe would swing. She pushed the urge away though, and instead recalled the feelings of joking and laughing with her last group of comrades. Something she would avoid with this group. She didn’t want to get attached, despite the Mer’s beauty, or stay too long. The memory passed by her quickly as she shook her head free of the thought, urging her to let out a soft pondering “hmm,” apparently unaware of herself.

She looked out at the open water, the rolling waves, and remembered why she loved the sea.
    “Mer,” she called softly. “Just how wet are we getting here? Can I keep this all one or should I take it off right now?” She gestured to her robes, her gloves having been placed back on her hands, and her scarf having been pulled back up over her mouth. Despite the way it sounded coming from her lips, the question was completely serious.
    Last edited by Katrina; 12-08-2018 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The Ambassador tilted her head, blinking.

“Oh yes.” she said almost mischievously, handing the Immortal’s head to Wanderer and spreading her arms as she turned a circle. “We all get very wet!”

She paused, hands coming together as she tilted her head again. “Landwalker never touch water before?”

Solar loosened the string on the bag he had been handed, revealing the glinting runestones. He raised an eyebrow at Red, all swathed in heavy cloth despite the heat. “Are you not baking in all that?”

He touched the rune and pulled his fingers back as if from a static shock, before handing it to Wraith.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567