Thread: Yugioh RolePlay For Elite Roleplayers.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Yugioh RolePlay For Elite Roleplayers.

This Is a Roleplay For People who like to play Yugioh. You can use any Yugioh Character.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Which series will this be set in? The original, GX, 5D's, ZEXAL, ARC-V, VRAINS, or something else?
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't matter which series.

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

I think, in order to give more information and to attract players, maybe give some plot information so people know what you have in mind for a story direction. A character sheet skeleton might also be a good thing.

Also I am wondering how you intend to structure the this? Will you have dueling? How would it work?

Also having some rules for your RP would be helpful. Not just for your players, but for you as well. Do you expect a minimum post size from your players? It can also help to avoid disputes and make it so the eeeeevil staff doesn't need to be called in

Giving more details would help to attract the kind of players you want.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I dont really need a character skeleton b/c with the yugioh characters there is no need for a character skeleton.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ERL_BDOG View Post
    Well I dont really need a character skeleton b/c with the yugioh characters there is no need for a character skeleton.
    While I understand what you're saying, I don't agree with it. If I were to join this RP and someone used a character from Zexal, Arc V or Vrains, I would have no idea who that character was. In fact I had never even heard of those three until I read Lady Celeste's post above.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I mean if you watch or play yugioh you would know the characters by what cards they play.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

I have played Yu-Gi-Oh in the past when my daughter was into it. But I can guarantee I would know nothing about current shows or characters.

Regardless though, I will be honest and tell you I'm not interested in joining, but I would like to see this RP succeed and want to help make that happen. Most elite roleplayers I know would definitely need more information. You need to entice them. You need to show that you are making a RP that is worthy of their time and attention.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

It just so happens that Yamimoon and I are beta testing a Yu-Gi-Oh! RP idea of our own, if you're interested. However, I would (as Nazgul pointed out) need more details from you regarding what kind of storyline or setting you want before I can propose this or any other ideas on my part.

For example, you said earlier that "It doesn't matter which series", but honestly, yes it does (unless the kind of storyline you were going for will involve time travel like in the Bonds Beyond Time movie). Each Yu-Gi-Oh! series is set in a separate time frame (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX takes place ten years after the original Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's takes place years after Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and so on and so forth); since no two series ever take place at the same time, the only way to have characters available from more than one series would be to incorporate time travel, which in turn would have to be explained in at least some detail.

I can help you with this if you'd like, but first I would need more details from you as to what kind of story you want.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I want it to be kind of mixed between Vrains and Zexal, and it will have to be a lengthy rp but you can just do whatever you like with this Lady Celeste.