Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Futuropolis 2094

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Detective Cellobs halted in his march to maniacally stare young Richter in the eyes. The detective stood a few inches taller than Joseph, and with his Übermensch appearance, the german trenchcoat intimidatingly flicked his eyes between the incapacitated ruffian and Richter; "You're coming with me." And oppressively grabbed Joseph by the collar, pulling another tear in his already torn-up attire while he threw him against the plexiglass entrance ahead of his path.

This, luckily for Joseph, didn't sit well with the bystanders; a modest, innocent-looking boy being harassed by an acclimatized neo-nazi. A blob of saliva impacted on Cellobs' coat, coming from a feisty-looking blue haired rockerchick. The detective subsequently pulled out his PKD-revolver and steadily raised it in the air without hesitance, scattering most of the crowd in terror. A few remained, either silent or with boiling blood. As Cellobs regained his focus on Richter, he holstered, and pushed the young blunderer further into the lobby of the aid center.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Khawarij gazed across the diner towards Simone, watching as she puffed a cigarette. He looked her up and down- he knew she'd been watching him. Khawarij smiled to himself- she probably watched him do his whole check up. If she were to rob him right now, she would know exactly where to look. He couldn't explain it, but he was kind of into it. "Did you happen to live there?" he asked, gesturing to the feed of Paris's collapse. He might as well use a bit of his psychotherapy training when he could.

An outcry from the crowd outside cut off any chance for Khawarij to get an answer- he swung around to see the same trench coat wearing man waving a pistol through the crowd with one hand, the other pulling along some street scum. He watched in horror as the man began to drag the scum towards the doors of the aid organization. There was not going to be a hostage situation if he could help it. Kaji turned back to Simone, signaled goodbye with his right hand, then reached into his belt and pulled out his handgun. As he left the noodle shop, he pulled the surgeon's mask over his nose and mouth.

Rain began to streak off of Kaji's shaved head as he stepped outside. His left pinky finger spasmed a bit. A small amount of water must have gotten into the circuits. For a moment, he completely disassociated from his body. As much as he hated to admit it, Kaji was likely less flesh than he was metal at his point. Both hands, synthetic from an accident on his third mission. His right eye, plastic and synthetic biofluid. His voice-box, replaced after it was blown out during a training exercise. Multiple organs, his left leg, even his thalamus, all wired by man's hand rather than Allah's. He wasn't sure if he could replace himself if Paris was gone.

More cries broke him from his spell. Kaji began to make pace up the street, weapon drawn at the man in the trench coat. He activated his implanted voice-enhancer; Of all the implants he had gotten during his previous career, this one might have been his favorite. He spoke, and the words rang out as if through a megaphone set at max. "Stop where you are! Do not take a single step closer to the aid building!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Too disoriented or too afraid to fight back, Joseph surrendered his hands in the air as he was manhandled into submission, "Hey! Just let me explain!" he jabbed a finger in the direction of the nearest TV playing the Paris broadcast. "I need to get to Paris, it's urgent. You have no right to detain me here!"

Practically drowning in sweat, Joseph held one of his hands forward and cautiously sinked the other in his pocket to enter the classic please-don't-shoot-me stance. He pulled out his identification card, his thumb over the renewal date, and held it for the detective to see. "See? I'm a registered citizen!" he pleaded and flashed his best smile to appease the fascist.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Even a hate-seeking fascist would see that Joseph was harmless, and Cellobs reluctantly changed his tone to something less oppressive and more disinterested. Besides, our enforcer seemed to have a more pressing concern - the madman pointing a gun at him. Though he recoiled at the side of the approaching Easterling, he didn't quite budge. It helped his assailant was packing an near-ancient firearm. It made the detective's chances of survival that much better. "On who's authority?" he barked back at the gun-toter. For now, his intimidating features were still holding up, even if threatened with death.

Some of the surrounding crowd used this chance to slip into the aid center. Its grand, white stained lobby was already packed with various vagrants and junkies. The staff had noticed the commotion outside as well and did their best to keep clear of stray bullets while continuing their work.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

First the guy in the trench coat gets up to break up a street fight, then the new guy goes vigilante and goes running out after Trench Coat!

Why did he have to talk to her first?

"I do not know him!" she stated quite firmly for the sake of Q, the security cams, and Takahashi, should someone go crazy paranoid and decide to go after the robot's memory. "This is the first time I've seen either of them!"

Her Minidek was still buzzing. As she sat down again, she punched the call button. "Simone speaking."
    "Simone," rolled the rich voice of Father Rashid. "I'm sorry if I woke you? I'm afraid I loose track of time very easily these days."
    "I'm on my break," Simone said, shaking her head.
    "Did you hear about Paris?"
    "Yes, it was just playing on the news."
    "Horrible news, tragic news!" Farther Rashid exclaimed. "Many lives lost, I'm sure. Many wounded, and in need of shelter. Do you know if the refugees would be brought to the city?"
    "No, Father, I haven't heard anything. I'm just a taxi driver...."
    "Not just a taxi driver, you keep your ears open. Let me know what you hear?"
    "Father, you're more likely to hear it when I do," Auntie said, glancing across the street at the unfolding fight.
    "May god be with you."
    "And you," Simone said, disengaging the call.
    Last edited by Enigma; 05-12-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

"Well.... shit."

As the news flashed across the numerous holoscreens, displaying horrible destruction and loss of life in the city of Paris, Avalon Vernier wolfed down the rest of her breakfast. Noodles had always been a favorite of hers, and everyone knew Takahashi made 'em the best.

"Guess I better finish this before the apocalypse reaches No-Cas, ey, Tak?" Avalon said, mostly to herself, her mouth half-stuffed with her meal. The server-bot droned out one of his pre-programmed replies and continued to cook, blissfully unaware of the Parisian doomsday.

Avalon kept her eyes on the news as she ate. She watched as Paris folded in on itself, collapsing as if it were no heavier than a deck of cards. Another one bites the fuckin' dust, she thought wryly. Who knew how long it would take for that shit to reach Casqua? Apparently none of the people packed in to the surrounding streets, as they all flooded into the nearby aid center. Avalon rolled her eyes. That place is about as useful as a conversation with noodle-bot over there.

Avalon tore her gaze away from the screens and eyed a commotion that sprang up at the aid center outside. With that many people in the little building, she was surprised the riot police hadn't shown up yet. Looked like some tussle between an insultingly-obvious undercover NCI and some grungy kid. She shrugged. It was none of her business anyway. Slurping down the rest of the noodle bowl's contents, she was about to get the check when a booming voice attracted her attention from the same direction.

"Stop where you are! Do not take a single step closer to the aid building!"

The voice led Avalon's eyes to a man in a doctor's getup, complete with surgical mask and all. Yet, she didn't remember most doctors she knew to carry such a weapon. The doctor dude raised his gun at the cop, who was busy pulling that other kid into the building. Avalon rolled her eyes again and stuck her credit-chip into the machine. Fuckin' idiots.

"Looks like that's my cue to book it," she said aloud to no one in particular. "Can't have that guy's blood getting on my babe."

"Mata-kite-ne." Takahashi spit out another of his basic messages. "Yeah, yeah," Avalon replied, mostly out of habit, as she slid quietly out the door.
    Last edited by Splat; 05-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

Sci-Fi!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Kaji continued along his path that would place him in between the man and the aid organization. It was clear that the man was, in fact, not going to stop where he was and not continue towards the aid organization. He supposed he needed to add some clarity to the situation- there were no firearms allowed inside the building, not even his own. But whoever this attacker was most likely didn't know that.

He was about to speak again when the trench coat wearing man let the street scum go. Maybe the man was just crazy at this point, creating a massive disturbance and drawing his weapon for no real reason. But nonetheless, both weapons were still drawn and pointed towards each other. There was still danger present. Kaji spoke up again, "If you are planning on entering the organization, perhaps it would be better to speak with me. I am an employee there." He took a moment to gesture towards the aid organization, if the man didn't speak euro-common.

Khawarij finished is path between the man and the aid building. As he stood his ground, he saw another woman exiting the noodle shop. He didn't like the way she was looking at the both of them. He turned his attention back to his immediate situation. "Maybe we can talk this out, huh?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Joseph seemed relieved at Khawarij's intervention, "You work here?" The man whom Joseph had just recently knocked unconscious had graduated to awake; rolling around and groaning in pain. "I'm- I'm sorry for that disturbance, but I need your help." Snatching a TV remote off a nearby counter, he cranked the volume of the television up. "Before the pig decides to tear my head off, I need to get to Paris. You're going to be sending aid, right?"

For a dirty street drifter, Joseph looked very genuine. His survival ability seemed to come from being the type of person to disappear from memory as soon as nobody was looking at him, yet there was something childishly naive that radiated from his pleas. The kind of thing mothers get the instinct to protect with their lives.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The eccentric and ever-lonely rockerboy dubbed 'Q' began to look up from his empty stare at the floorboard. His eyes landed on some frayed combat boots - equally frayed as his leather jacket, which was out there - and he slowly peered further up in a spur of juvenile curiosity. He got put off when his eyes arrived the figure's top; a short and messy ashen haircut. As his quest for amazonians was always in the back of his mind, he knew this figure to be a woman, but it seemed like she was just another granny trying to be hip. Ironic. The fashionistas at Contentine University always said to him he was an old-fashioned relic himself.

"I do not know him!" Simone proclaimed. Q hadn't really noticed the bald Arabian surgeon until now, but as he peeked around one of the pillars holding Takahashi's roof, he understood Auntie's reluctance to be associated with that mess. He held up his hands to her in agreeing comfort, though he probably did so to comfort himself more than the weathered cabbie now the tones were suddenly set so serious. Just as he drifted off from looking at the standoff between oppression personified and the gun-toting doctor, he caught a glimpse of this tatted-up, tough-ass and otherwise mojoriffic bikerchick leaving the shop, and his eyes suddenly went sparkling.

He followed her till the edge of Takahashi's diner and clang to another pillar while taking a hit from his cigarette and looking over to the footbridge, the aid center, the doctor and most importantly to him, the ashen-haired amazon.

The standoff between doctor Al'Aziz and detective Cellobs had drawn quite a crowd. Granted, some of the people just wanted to get into the aid center but a good half of them were still in shock over the parisian collapse and itching for something exciting to channel their emotions. Cellobs quietly paced along with Kaji as the doctor positioned himself between him and the aid center's entrance. With narrowed eyes, he politely waited the doctor's dialogue out, and even permitted Joseph some pleads before viciously cutting him off: "Shut it, boy." he began to cautiously take a few steps backwards with his hands up, unto the footbridge. "The Inquiry will be in touch!" A drip of sweat trailed down his forehead. As much as he wanted to shoot down this crazed outlander, he could see the medic was in fact not crazy, but bred for wartime scenarios. As soon as he breached the wall of people that surrounded them, he began to run like a hound.

As he ran into the alley past Takahashi's diner and up to a higher level, Cellobs felt no shame. He was certain one of the city's millions of cameras or overhead securitydrones could ID that bratty little streetpunk and the doctor danger, despite his surgical mask. And they would feel his wrath - or he would feel the grand inquisitor's for his latest blunder.

In front of the aid center, some brainless anti-authoritative punks applauded Kaji for his daring rescue. Others quickly went on about their business; getting the hell off Greenflower before more drama occurred. It was, after all, still perfectly possible for the gunning doctor to chase after the bigot cop and cause real bloodshed.
    Last edited by Q; 05-14-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Sci-Fi!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Kaji watched as Cellobs disappeared into the crowd. He slid his handgun back into the holster, and pulled the surgeon’s mask off. His pinky continued to twitch and spasm. He winced. He needed to get a new knuckle joint fast, and with Paris gone, it was going to cost him a lot more.

He turned to the street scum in front of him, waving off most of the crowd and switching off his voice amplifier. “Do you not understand that we just found out too? Sir, this happened, what, three minutes ago? I don’t have any answers for you.” Kaji glanced up at the security drones now circling him. Photographing him. Shit, he thought to himself. He looked back down at the street scum.

The man was much smaller than him. He pitied him- to live a life such as this. But he was muscle. And right now, Kaji could use some extra muscle. Kaji pointed towards where Cellobs had disappeared to. “Come. We are going to deal with this... peacefully.” He began taking long strides along Cellobs’ route. “Where is the nearest police station?” he asked, not looking back. “You look like the type of person who would know.”

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast