Thread: Norse Mythology in Space! [Interest Check]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Norse Mythology in Space! [Interest Check]

I'm not a big Marvel fan, but if there's one thing that does genuinely interest me, it's the science-fantasy of Asgard. Now I'm mainly talking about what I observed through watching Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War, the first two Thor movies are just incredibly boring and forgettable, to the point where I don't even remember the plot of Dark World, despite seeing the movie at least three times.

Refocusing from that tangent, I do like the concept of a somewhat science-fiction-esque take on Norse Mythology and this post mainly comes out of me trying to gather a general consensus on whether others share an interest in the concept.

I know Marvel's Thor is not very accurate in regards to Norse Mythology, but I do think there are aspects that do sort of translate well to science-fiction. The Nine Realms could easily be reinterprated as nine separate planets, although I'm not sure how Yggdrasil would translate over though (maybe as a star system). I guess Aesir and Vanir could be interpreted as separate alien species or as two subspecies of a singular species. Of course you would have dwarves, jotunn and light elves, all of which could sort be reinterprated as aliens.

Really, I would just like to hear opinions on this concept...

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom, fantasy, furry, sci-fi, dystopia, historical, realism
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I love it! What about nine planes or nine universes, instead of nine planets though? Then you get a feel for the layers of worlds.

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat
    I don't even remember the plot of Dark World, despite seeing the movie at least three times.
    This is accurate.

That aside, I would be interested. Especially if it had a mire lighthearted, fun vibe like in Ragnarok. And aliens are cool.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on