Thread: Lockdown

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Lockdown

This RP focuses on an unknown creature attacking citizens in New york. I drew from Lovecraft and Stephen king to get inspiration. as such, the area is a mess. The Army has been called in and New York is under Quarantine. your job, as one of the humans in the city, is to get out.

Important attributes:

Race: Certain races have a higher chance of gaining entry into other areas. Americans for example, have access to better guns and rare hardware. The Arabs and Chinese have better speech abilities but must rely on sneak attacks due to lower health. The British are masters of stealth, have average health but are abysmal at ranged attacks. (1 in 5 chance for a hit)

Defense: How well you can avoid attacks. Say you have 50 defense and the enemy has , say 100. you will survive for 4 turns but come the 5th, you're liable to be injured. it also governs bullet resistance (Kevlar and body armor) and Poison resistance.

Black market relations: This is still in Alpha stage, but the black market is thriving under Quarantine.

If your skill is set at 10, you are OP as you have control over everything (a good way to get me mad) and as such, must add said extra point, to defense or make a new character. refusal will lead to a swift kick.

Safeguards for beginners:
    * turn protection (cannot be attacked for 3 turns)
    * bullet protection (can't be shot for 3 turns)
    poison resistance (self explanatory)

Handicaps for beginners:
    *No PVP until you reach the halfway mark (i'll let you know)
    *attacking another human before you are allowed is forbidden
    * Access to Black market closed off until halfway mark

Safeguards for Vets (those who are level 10 and above)
    *spawn protection (same as above)
    *Blast protection (safe from explosions, nukes)
    *bullet protection (see above)
    *Speech and stealth buff

misc:

Under no circumstances are you to buff your character beyond given limits (10 points max for all 4 slots of defense, speech, bullet power and poison resistance. first warning results in halved points. second warning results in a kick. for example, say i add 5 to defense, then 1 to poison resistance, 4 to speech and try to add 1 more to defense. not allowed at all.

This RP Does not draw from any movie, game or TV show. any resemblance is strictly coincidental.

By joining you adhere to these rules and promise to Obey them. No loopholes either. read the fine print.

FP:
    (players agree to abstain from the following: loopholes, buffing beyond limits, cheating in any way and script breaking, i.e forgoing my instructions in the start and behaving like in GTA. The follwoing are not permitted:

OP characters
    Resistances contrary to GM's OOC rules (no nuke resistance, except for beginners, and even that's limited to 3 posts, that's just silly)

Making high powered/unrealistically powerful weapons

Making powerful armor/using another games armor for the RP: No dragon armor for Elder scrolls or Powered armor from Fallout, no video game armor PERIOD)

under no circumstances are you allowed to swindle, cheat or extort other players for money (real or game related, i will contact the admin and have you banned. if you resort to DDOS or Doxxing, you're gone for good)

remember these rules and enjoy the game
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91453

First it took Miller. it was...inhuman, snarling like a savage animal. The Elevators became tombs, the stairs deathtraps. We are All in a state of fear that we will be next. Something is stalking the halls, intent on feeding. We are in Lockdown

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started,MadHatter41!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

This RP has been featured as RP of the week

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

IC thread ready

First it took Miller. it was...inhuman, snarling like a savage animal. The Elevators became tombs, the stairs deathtraps. We are All in a state of fear that we will be next. Something is stalking the halls, intent on feeding. We are in Lockdown

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

(Sigh) no one's coming. Why bother making an RP in the first place. :(

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hi i'm new to rp forums where do i go to begin ?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

hey mystic care to join my rp? check the top and post in my in character forum.

to begin, i would ask any of the mods, but if you want to join up in mine, go to the horror forum and click IC (in character, look for lockdown

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I did all that but no one is showing up. any particular reason

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

it has been over a month since i last started the RP. no one has shown up, no one. what's the point?

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    High fantasy, Modern fantasy, and Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am new here, but I am fairly interested in this story.