Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Guardians of Dawn IC Numbers + J'Von [M]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default The Guardians of Dawn IC Numbers + J'Von [M]

For thousands of years. We stood vigilant over the Kingdom that was threatened from time again and again. When the Demon horde arrived. We were there. When they would come to kill. We were there. And when hope feels all lost...We were there.

We sacrificed our lives to fight again'st the Demons. People may fear us, but they will cheer for us as we push the Demon horde back to oblivion. Every Guardian will give his last breath again'st the evil that befalls on us.

And now our time has come once more. But where are the Guardians? Where are the protectors? The Demon horde pours like a river onto drylands. No normal army can vanquish the Demon's that fight fiercely and without second thoughts. With a new leader commanding the Demon Horde. A new enemy...a Dragon! Now our time of need for the Guardians to protect is on a verge, but where are they?! Why have they disappeared?! Have they finally forsaken us as we did to them?! Have they abandoned us to our doom?! Gods protect us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out Of Character: https://role-player.net/forum/showth...54#post2985854

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The council of five sat in a half circle around the chamber, each one looking at a scroll with information on it. Despite their best efforts, they were losing resources and manpower. It had been several thousand years since the last demonic invasion damaged the relations between the common people of the world and the guardians. The hive mind converted the general population into demons and as such the relationship between the two was severely damaged. Now, the guardians do missions for the government in order to stay in good relations with them so that they can get resources for the order to survive until the next demon invasion.

Even with the missions though, the resources were still going down slightly and as such guardians were also being sent on missions to establish outposts in the world where they could harvest their own resources. It was working for a while, however, it all changed a few years ago when guardians started to go missing. The elders had no idea why the guardians were disappearing, whether they were defecting to live a different life, dying on the missions, or the signs of a new demon invasion were all unclear. In response, they had to split up more of the workforce to investigate why the guardians were missing.

Normally guardians going missing wouldn't be too much of an issue. However, since the general population distrusting them also made them lose more on resources, it also meant that the number of people they would get was a smaller amount as well. It meant that the only recruits they got now were the orphans that they found among slavers, wild in nature, or the occasional bastard child.

Now a new wave of recruits had just finished their long training. From a young age, they're trained to be a soldier in the guardians. Those who are found and too old were made in merchants or other much-needed positions for the order. This year, they had a hundred recruits, split into fifty pairs, graduate from the training. They were just about to give their orders to the last pair, to assign them their duties.

They looked up from the papers that they were reading as the large doors of the grand hall opened. From the doors came the pair of two girls. The two girls hadn't been the worst among the new years, but they were also not the best of the year. They were in the middle of the pact.

"Greetings to the two of you. We are the Elder Council, the ones who oversee the order and assign the future to our agents. The two of you, for completing the training will become guardians of the hunter caste, the highest caste you can get among the order. Hunters are only born from those who have been training since before they could speak to become a member of the order. You have trained long and hard and because of that you will carry the flame of the order." The elder in the center of the five-spoke first before looking over the two girls.

"Your first mission will be to head the capital of the human lands. There, you will meet with one of the representatives at the royal palace. A noble has needs of our services for it seems his daughter has run off with a boy of a lower standard. The noble wishes for his daughter to be returned to him. If possible the noble would like the boy brought back alive for punishment, however, if you need to. You may call the boy. Make sure to stop at the armory before you leave the citadel. Now before you go to collect your gear, are there any questions young ones?"

~~~~~

Alessia listened as the leader of the elders spoke about their congratulations, their mission, and asked if they had any questions. "What supplies will we have access to for this mission?"

The elder on the farthest of the right spoke to answer the question. "You will have access to all supplies that new hunters of your rank are granted. As you do more missions with us, you'll rise in rank and be given more difficult missions. In response to being given harder missions, you will be given access to gear that is stronger and needed. As well as any gear you are given as rewards for your mission you can keep. Three-quarters of the money you get while on a mission and as a reward for the mission come back to the order."

Alessia understood the last part. The income was primarily used to help the order expand its influence as well as buy materials that they couldn't get from the governments of the world. Alessia looked over to her partner. She had met her a few times and trained with her a few times. However, most trainees didn't meet each other in order to promote a better ability to train. In turn, it meant most pairs, when they were made, met for the first time. It allowed for a certain level of bonding, agents wouldn't have to worry about a friend during the training process being in danger, allowing them to instead focus on the partner they had with them instead.
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Your first mission will be to head the capital of the human lands. There, you will meet with one of the representatives at the royal palace. A noble has needs of our services for it seems his daughter has run off with a boy of a lower standard. The noble wishes for his daughter to be returned to him. If possible the noble would like the boy brought back alive for punishment, however, if you need to. You may call the boy. Make sure to stop at the armory before you leave the citadel. Now before you go to collect your gear, are there any questions young ones?"

Smyth listened to the Elders as they congratulated the two for finishing their training and passing the tests that were laid before them. She looked at her new partner that they had assigned. She remembered training with her a few times but doesn't know about her much other than being skilled with a certain weapon. She listened as she ask further inquiry about some other details.

The details of earning money and supplies seemed sufficient. Smyth folded her arms as she was still wearing the training gear they usually start off with. Her sword on her back was snug carefully so it wouldn't wobble as much while running around. Her eyes turned to see her partner's weapon. It looked more unusual than the ones she had seen before, but unique as well.

After listening to what the Elders had to say, Smyth lowered her head after hearing the mission brief. "We understand what must be done in order for this mission to succeed. We will not fail." She said calmly. "Is there any other information we should be aware of?" She asked standing up straight and looked at the Council.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The elders looked at each for a moment before finally speaking. "There is one other thing. Be careful about your identity in the lands of the kingdom. You must remember that we are no longer liked, or trusted by the general public. While you must protect the public, you should not rule out potential criminals among them who will try to kill you or enslave you. The only ones you can trust are the royal and noble families. The military you should take a grain of salt with when you trust. They are loyal, but we do not doubt that some criminals may hide among their ranks. That is to be said that a rebellion is in the early stages of the kingdom right now. We are not to aid the rebellion, nor are we to hinder it. We do not interfere with trifling matters such as those. Your mission is what we said. Get the girl, bring her home, punish those who would stop you, kill if you absolutely have to. With that, you two are dismissed."

Alessia nodded before standing up and bowing. She turned to leave with her new partner. Once they were outside of the audience chamber and in the waiting area again, she did a quick stretch to help wake up her legs which had gone to sleep while she was crouched in the audience chamber. She then turned to her new companion and did a once-over of her with her own eyes, making notes mentally. "So I guess we're each other's partners from now on. My name is Alessia! I am a hunter, which is obvious since we're both hunters. I guess specifically I am a lore keeper, which means I don't use any traditional weapons like swords, knives, shields, or anything else like that. I use the book artifacts that provide knowledge and information based on the situation that you're in. What about yourself?"
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She bowed her head before leaving the Council Chamber. She walked with her new partner until they were in the same room as before. She looked around to see if there were others. Sadly there were none. It was odd to see their numbers dwindling unlike anything she had ever seen. She looked at her new partner who apparently was examining her like a book. Trying to read her like one as well. But instead her new partner introduce herself and explained what she does.

After asking Smyth about herself she takes in a deep breath and exhales slowly. She used her thumb indicating her sword on her back. "I'm pretty much about swords and knives." She simply said back with no smile on her face. "Smyth." She looked back at Alessia. "I've been trained for physical actions. I learned pretty much everything from fighters...and how to take a beating." She looked around to see the room, she never had a chance to examine it before when she first entered. The walls were highly decorated with amazing paint work. Though the display of each painting was used as a story line of their first conflict with the Demons that first rose from hell.

"So we should head to the armory...or I should head to the armory to find some better armor." She turned to look at her new partner. "Find what you can in the archive library. We need to learn about the surrounding area of this noble's land. We could use a map but over time people would forget about old caves and such." She looked into her bag that she had with her. "But becareful about how to handle with old maps...in the past they would use old and fragile paper that could be easily destroyed if not handled with care." She pulled out a roll of paper and a portable ink and pen. Handing the items over to her new colleague she gives her a slight nod. "I'll get what I can from the armory. Meet up at the entrance?" She asked curiously.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"My tome should give me that kind of information. However, I should go and make sure that I have the correct tome for this mission. I would hate to take a tome that is of lesser quality if they had one of better quality for me in the first place. But yeah, let's meet up at the entrance. It'll give us a chance to grab any traveling gear we have at our rooms before we leave." She said with a smile before turning and running off to head to the library. It was weird suddenly having a partner. After being trained to work by herself for so long she suddenly found it weird to have to rely on another person.

Of course, she understood the reasoning for why it was done like this. Her teacher, who was always teaching her the different laws and history of all the different regions. Which also meant understanding the reasoning behind why certain things were done in the certain ways among the order. As she checked to make sure she had the correct tome she quickly went to her room to gather her traveling gear before eventually arriving at the front gate to the order's citadel waiting for her new companion to arrive as well. For the most part, she wasn't really wearing any armor at all since her tome came with a few defensive abilities among it, however, for the most part, she was reliant on her companion being able to not only attack but defend her as well in order to make sure they were fine. She knew that the council had put them together to cover each other's weaker sides. Her companion would be covering the combat side of the team while she herself would be covering the non-combat side of the team.
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She nodded and walked towards the armory nearby. The smith who worked there was alone and had one apprentice who was running on errands. She entered inside and looked around the room to see arms and armor on the walls and on tables. The smith was old but knows his way around metal. He sees the girl and gives a soft chuckle. "So I take it you are on a mission?" He asked. She nodded at his question and looked around.

"I need light armor to maneuver quickly and with precise." She looked at the leather armor nearby and walked over to examine it.

"Your gonna need more than that." The smith said as he walked over to a different table and picked up a black armor with red tinted lining. It was light but leather. "This is one of my finest work right here." He said as he hands it over to the girl. "Mixed with certain coating to keep poison off of your skin and also arrows will have a lot harder time penetrating."

"Hmm...I guess it will have to do." She said as she puts it on. Somehow the armor fits perfectly. It surprised her and looked at the smith. "It...fits." She said. "And it's comfortable."

"They always are." The smith said as he walked to his desk. "First set is always free...but if you want the good stuff...of course you have to pay or come back with your award certificates. In some cases I do prefer money so I can resupply my warehouse."

"Of course...I know the rules." She puts on the greaves, arm and leg guards. "Also I need a few daggers and chain hook." She added and moved the sword on her back a little to have it snug.

"Very well." He showed a display of his daggers and placed a metal hook with a chain attached. "How long?" He asked.

"Enough to climb a wall?" She asked.

The smith cuts the chain at a certain length and hands over the items. She gives a slight bow and thanked the man before taking her leave. She returned to her room to find her personal belongings right where they would be. She picked up her saddle bag that was next by the door and filled it with a couple of whetstones, canteens and several other items she may need for the journey. She looked at her room once more. Taking a deep breath and closed the door behind her.

It didn't take her long to find the entrance and see her partner waiting by the gate. As she approached with the saddle bag on her side she gives a look at her partner and stood there. "We should ride our horses there. It's a long walk after all." She looked to the stable nearby. "Hmm...it's gonna be a very long journey to where we are going."

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Indeed, even by horse, it should take about two weeks to arrive at the capital where the noble houses are located. That is assuming that we don't get distracted on the way there and do odd jobs for random citizens or soldiers in order to make sure we have enough money to continue buying food along the way. Though with my knowledge and your combat expertise... I am sure we should have no problem finding animals to be hunted." She looked to the nearby stable as well before giving a loud whistle to one of the stable boys bringing them over.

"Yes huntresses, how can I help you today?" Alessia nodded to his question before speaking. He was sort of plain looking but figured that it was because it was a plain job. "We're in need of two horses for transportation for a few months." The man looked at her for a moment, thinking about her request. "Well, you're just in luck. We just had two hunters return earlier this morning meaning that we actually have two horses available now. I'll go and fetch the two horses and when I bring them back, I'll also bring the required paperwork for you to put your hunter seals on so that we can register that the two horses are under the care of you two."
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Paperwork for horses." She sighs softly. "Only an organization such as this requires such nuisance." She reached for a string around her neck and pulled it up gently. A ring was on the end which was her seal she would used. "I don't like wearing it on my finger." She admitted.

"Hunting animals sounds actually good right about now." She looked around the opened area of the road. "But depends on what you like best...meat or vegetables." She checked her bag once more to find her canteen and checked it. No noise came from the canteen and figured it was emptied. "Damn." She muttered. "Hang on I'll be right back." She walked over to a spigot and opened her canteen to fill it up. She grabbed the lever and pushed down and pulled up several times until water rushed out. Placing the canteen under neath and watched as the water splashed inside and outside of the canteen. Once it was done she takes a quick drink and attached the lid. "Now I'm ready." She walked back to her partner.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Perfect timing." She said to her partner as she looked over at her studying her once more. She quickly turned her attention back to the stable boy who was now back with the horses and the papers. He showed them where the seals needed to be placed and as she put the ring that was on her finger against the paper, there was a burning smell that came from the paper as the metal interacted with the paper in a burning way. She then pulled her hand away and watched her partner pull the ring from her necklace to sign the paperwork as well. After which the man nodded and handed the reins of each horse to each hunter.

Alessia climbed onto her horse and made sure the gear she had was properly balanced on her back as well as the gear that came with the horse being properly attached to the side of the horse before watching her partner. She pulled out her book and the page she opened to was the map of not only the region they were in but the region next to theirs which held the human capital. The region they were in was considered no mans lands between the kingdoms since the demon invasions had ruined the land so much. The only people willing to live in it were criminals, people who were desperate to get away from the kingdoms and the order itself.
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Watching as the horses arrived when she did was oddly timing. She checked the horse first while her partner had already placed her seal. She turned to the care taker and placed her seal on the contract that was made between the two. Taking care of the horse was now her responsibility. If the horse was lost or killed she had to pay a major fine for it. The seal burned on the paper without using any liquid of some kind. It was true the paper they use was for the Hunters only and their seals proved it. She walked over to her horse and checked the saddle before placing her saddle bags on the creatures back. She strapped the bags to make sure it wasn't loose and checked the saddle once more before hopping on.

She looked at her partner who was examining a map of the region. Leaning closer to the map and looked to where they had planned to go and the quickest route was dangerous. "If we plan to go through that area..." She said softly. "...then we need to be quick about it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast