Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Guardians of Dawn IC Numbers + J'Von [M]

Leader of the Kitsune
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Science Fiction
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"Yes though, until we reach the human kingdom borders, we should be relatively safe. The only people in our lands are the exiles from other places. They're just happy to have a place to call their own. The real problem is once we enter the human kingdom, people are going to distrust us, bandits will be more likely to try and attack us. Though bandits should start to disappear as we get closer to the capital. Thankfully the military should be extremely helpful to us since them and the nobles are the only people who really like us still." She started to move the horse now that she was on it, guiding it to the closed gates. She let out a loud whistle and the people on top of the walls starts to move a crank which in turn starts to make the gate open as well as making the portcullis start to rise as well to show the nature that was in front of them. "The beginning of our life."
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Free roamers. A land of people that roam freely with no King or Queen to rule them. Instead they allow bandits to push people around like they own it. Which they do. Nobles don't care for them but only for the coin they get for tax purposes and such. And as for the military they would rather sacrifice a Hunter's life instead of their own soldiers. There were a lot of reasons why the Nobles and Military would prefer the Hunters to do their dirty work. But will pay any expense to see that it is done. They don't care how just only to get it done.

She moved around on her saddle feeling a little comfortable riding on the creature. Wrong mishap she would fall and injure herself. But since she was injected with some kind of chemicals and other things. She felt her body had improved since her village was massacred. She could hear and see farther than others. Just like most of the Hunters that preferred combative skills instead of magic. She wasn't sure if the same happened to those who rather use spells than pick up a sword. They say the males eye color changed. Hers remained the same.

Looking at her partner and back to the field. She gives a slight nod and gives a little nudge on the side for the horse to move. Clicking her tongue while holding the reins she kept her gaze ahead of the road. Turning her head back to see the large gates close on their own she sighs softly. "The Order is all I ever known." She said softly. She gripped on the reins tightly and takes in a deep breathe. "But we still need to do our part as well." She looked at her partner. "I'll keep an eye your back if you watch mine." She said with determination.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"I guess that is different for me. I used to have a life before the order. When the order found me, I was being transported by slavers to some slave market. I saw my family killed before my eyes, I and my father forced to watch as the men did as they pleased with my mother, his wife. If it wasn't for the fact that I was so young, they probably would have done something similar to me. Before I could be sold though, long after my parents were killed, a pair of order knights on a mission to clear slavers found me. They released most of the others but in turn, the order adopted me since I was so young and had no one left. All of that feels like a very distant memory though." She continued to follow behind her companion offering the occasional change of directions as she kept her eyes on the map in the book.

"Of course I'll have your back. We're partners, after all, we were put together because we can cover each others weakness, and make two halves stronger by the both of us applying our strengths when they come into play. You with combat and physically related objectives, me with diplomacy and more intellectual objectives." She was interested to see exactly how well her partnership with the women would work and whether or not it would be something to last. After all, while most partners stayed as partners with each other until death, there were a few occasions where partners had to be assigned new partners due to certain circumstances preventing the two from working together again.
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"Get up!" A voice echoed inside of her head. "Get up!" The voice shouted again. She remembered seeing a man. A man who was well in shape both physically and mentally. His mind was sharp when a young girl tried numerous times to strike at the man with a wooden stick. She was beaten. Blood on the side of her lip. Bruise marks on arms and face. Her eye swollen nearly shut. Her hair messy with dirty. Her hands shaking from holding the stick in position. Taking a step forward with her arms reaching out in hopes the tip of the stick would hit. Instead she was met with force from another. Falling on the ground and landed hard caused her to lose breath. She gasped for air as she held her stomach. Then there was another voice. "That's enough for the day...she's worn out."

She slowly reached for the stick and groaned in pain as she stands on her feet. Legs wobbled as she tried stand. "I am...not!" She yelled and quickly moves forward.

The yelling echoed in her head as she came back to her own self. She looked around watched as the leaves on the tree breezed with hair. "If we're going to camp soon I suggest we find a river for the horses to drink and cool their hooves." She leans forward and patted the neck of the horse. "Like the care taker said...they just got back and I assume they barely had time to rest." She looked at the ears of the horse as it flickered away flies. "And maybe we should bathe them as well." She chuckled softly.

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

"I think I'll let you bathe them if that is the case. Though you are right, we should find a spot for us and them to rest. Let me see what the book shows." She grabbed the book from her hip. When she opened to one of the blank pages, ink started to appear on the book and a map that was centered on them showed her where she was. She pulled the horse to a stop and gave a whistle to her companion to let her know that she stopped.

"There isn't a river nearby, however, there does appear to be a natural hot spring nearby. It should serve as a good way for the horses to relax in the water. We might have to bucket some water out in order to let it cool enough for the horses to drink. It should do wonders though for their stamina and maybe even make them faster for the weeks coming up."
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She heard a whistle and looked over her shoulder to see her companion had stopped. She slightly pulled the rein for the horse to turn around completely. The horse continued moving towards her companion. She pulled once more to the right and started circling around the other like a vulture. She listened to her while she was speaking a hot spring nearby. She leans back a little and the horse halted next to her partner but facing in the opposite direction. "How far is it?" She asked curiously.

Thinking for a moment she closed her eyes and takes in a deep breath. "The hot springs should also provide minerals that would help us as well." She looked around her surroundings and heard a couple bird calls out in the wilderness. "I can hunt us a meal for the night. The horses do need one night's rest to move faster. Otherwise if we just stopped I doubt they'll have the strength to continue on."

Leader of the Kitsune
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

She turned to face her horse in the direction it was. "About an hour this way. This is true, and by the time we get there, it'll be about time to hunt for dinner anyways. With you hunting and me setting up the camp we might as well rest for the night as well and continue the long journey tomorrow. A night of rest would mean that we might be able to get away with a day or two of constant traveling. Would you agree?"
    made by the lovely karma

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"If we tried hunting by the time we get there." She says looking and followed her once more. "I'll stay near on foot." She dismounted her horse. "It'll be dark once we arrive." She checked her sword and some of the daggers she kept. Usually she keeps a few to keep her light and move quick. Hunting for small game would keep her talents in check.

"Maybe I'll bring back a squirrel or two since there isn't much out here." She looked up to the sky and see a few birds flying. Mostly vultures looking for either dead or easy prey. "I won't be far." She gives a slight wave and moved with haste to the woods nearby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12