Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunted {OOC - M}

Immortal Goddess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
    I've got ideas for two characters, if there's still room.

The first one is a "fire bender" of a very vague sort. If you're familiar with Avatar, he's not unlike Combustion Man. He can fire concentrated blasts of fiery explosions. If it's close-range, he's got a lot of control over these explosions (and the fire that accompanies them), and he can use the flames and the explosions almost as an extension of his own limbs. If it's farther than arm's reach, well his gift takes on a very one-dimensional role. Point and shoot, fire and forget, and other such terms accurately describe how it works.

There are two downsides to both of these powers. The part of his power that he can control doesn't have much range at all. The part of his power that does have range has no control, even to the point where, if he makes the wrong thing blow up, he's got zero control over its collateral damage. The main weakness these powers have in common is water, plain and simple. If it's wet, it takes a lot more energy for him to use his power. If it's humid, his explosions are stunted and don't have as big an effect on their intended target.

The other idea I have is for someone whose gift forces him to tell only lies. Here's the catch: the lies work when he wants them to, and have a very strong power of suggestion behind them. Essentially, all but the most extremely obvious lies work if he really puts his mind to it, and if he wants to tell the truth he can use gestures instead. For words though, he's effectively a compulsive liar who literally cannot tell you the truth, part of the truth, and anything but the truth.

Thoughts? I know both of these gifts need a lot of hammering out before they make sense, and I'm honestly attached to the idea of making a character who uses fire and fiery explosions, and has no ability to choose a middle ground in any fight.
    The first idea would fit better, but would have to be tweaked and fleshed out so that it is known what the character's gift can and can't do, limitations etc.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

I look at a lot of powers and realise that John getting his hands on any of them and with only basic understanding of them would end up terribly for a lot of reasons xD

Rabbits power, teleporting off a cliff by accident, Cosmic's idea? Accidently blows up an Asylum cell that he just put someone in. Etc o-o
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

in other words he doesn't need to try and snatch anyone power or he'll kill himself trying to use the gifts they have used most of their lives... poor guy.

High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Alright, so the compulsive liar is out, explosive guy is in. I'll start building a character sheet, but please note it'll take me a while, with time constraints and internet concerns still remaining in the mix. Given this fact, I'll have him as one of the Captured, but I'll need someone to bail his happy rump out.

Braving the Storm (A Short Story) -- role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55314

Immortal Goddess
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

When the attack happens, they'll have a chance to get out hopefully alive..

Fantasy, action, adventure, science fiction
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
    Alright, so the compulsive liar is out, explosive guy is in. I'll start building a character sheet, but please note it'll take me a while, with time constraints and internet concerns still remaining in the mix. Given this fact, I'll have him as one of the Captured, but I'll need someone to bail his happy rump out.
    Can we call him Sparky Sparky Boom Man? And will he have an eye on his forehead? Do boomerangs and pebbles throw off his aim? Will he use his powers for evil? Can I hire him to get rid of those who oppose me?

Since you brought up Combustion Man I have so many questions about him already. I’m psyched. Maybe he’ll be friends with my character.

Edit: I totally forgot about how much I loved Avatar until I read your post.

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    in other words he doesn't need to try and snatch anyone power or he'll kill himself trying to use the gifts they have used most of their lives... poor guy.
    I mean wheres the fun if he doesnt fuck up somewhere and leave them in a problematic situation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    Can we call him Sparky Sparky Boom Man? And will he have an eye on his forehead? Do boomerangs and pebbles throw off his aim? Will he use his powers for evil? Can I hire him to get rid of those who oppose me?

Since you brought up Combustion Man I have so many questions about him already. I’m psyched. Maybe he’ll be friends with my character.

Angel will probably come up with a nickname o.o or Bakari not sure yet
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

heaven can't help me now
    Horror, Fantasy, Scifi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sorry guys! busy birthday weekend! let me catch up x.x

ideas? . Hogwarts . WTRT: Side Roads
    my life is still a mess pm me if you want to check in
    vote for RPA

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Miss much?

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

High Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post

First, I've already got a nickname in mind for him, and it shall be revealed in due time. (Insert maniacal laughter here.) Sorry Sakka! Second, he doesn't require the eye on his forehead, because his power doesn't quite work the same way as Combustion Man's does. It's less accurate at far ranges, though, since he's not got that whole third eye thing going for him. Third, it'll be harder to throw off his aim without smacking whatever he's making explosions with -- his arm is accurate but again, not that much outside of a couple hundred feet. Fourth and fifth, he's definitely most likely going to do both at some point, if he's not done it already.

I still need to fill out the sheet and hammer out a clearer explanation of what his gift actually does. What I do know for certain is that outside of his immediate vicinity it becomes a fire-and-forget game, and that there is no middle ground. If he uses his gift, there's no such thing as holding back because it's either destroy and blow up stuff, or don't destroy and blow up stuff.

Braving the Storm (A Short Story) -- role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55314

Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast