Little bit of background
Sorry if my writing is trash, this is my first time and I hope to get better, thanks for understanding!
(Btw I’d like it if your character was in first person but if you really want to be in third I’m okay)

This story takes place on the Alyar, a research/exploration ship. The Alyar is an asset of the Republic Navy and an important one at that. It holds an extreme amount of fuel in order to research and explore without having to dock and refuel often. The ship has a few defensive turrets and missiles due to the ongoing war with the Hyguul, a humanoid species of aliens whose goal is to enslave and/or conquer all other races, However the defenses are light to medium and will only keep Hyguul ships at bay long enough for the Alyaar to make an escape back to Republic territory.
The ship is relatively small, only able to hold around two hundred passengers.

Story

The Alyaar had been gone on a mission researching a potential new source of energy to help in the war effort in a secluded planet in the depths of space when the crew made two huge discoveries, one that the crystals they were inspecting were in fact an extraordinary means of fuel and two that the Hyguul had discovered this as well. The Alyaar had unknowingly landed on a recently built Hyguul mining operation. The crew had decided this would be a good time to get the [expletive] out of there. They barely escaped and had to unload supplies in order to move faster. In the end the Alyaar and her crew members were stranded in deep space with enemy ships slowly closing in on them, their only hope for survival is getting back to a Republic-owned territory.

My character
I was constantly amazed that I was working with the people on the Alyar, I mean I’ve always been smart and worked hard but geez, these people are on another level. Anyway, I like working here, the pay is great and the work isn’t that difficult even though it is sometimes rocket science. I like making jokes and lightening the mood and sometimes I cook with the dry rations we get here, they’re a negative for sure.
I was surprised to find out that I was one of the only people to receive any sort of combat training, I mean we are in a war.

Eye: Greenish blue
Hair: Longish dirty brown

Thank you if you respond!