Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [IC] Kingdom Hearts: Reversal of Light & Darkness

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wilhelmina looked on with disbelief of everything that was happening, but move aside to make way for the healers. Here was a man barely alive and she couldn't do much to save him, she used what little magic she could spare to keep the man from bleeding to death while they watched the healers at work. "May the spirit of the First Queen protect you and keep you with us," Wilhelmina said softly a little prayer if the First Queen was watching over her and hopefully will keep the man from crossing over just yet. Once she let her final thoughts settle on her prayers she began listening to the man's words as he tried to Junithal.

When Junithal caused a light to shine over them not wanting to waste any time he soon dashed away almost so quick almost as his disappeared in a blink of an eye. Ardeth took a moment to make sure Wilhelmina wouldn't stay behind when there isn't much they could do man to which Wilhelmina nodded to Ardeth looking at the man for one more moment before following quickly behind Ardeth. 'A holy weapon with powers of unlocking? If it's what I think it is then are there people with dark powers that can use such a weapon like those around me as well as myself? I seem to only find more questions than answers at the moment...,' Wilhelmina thought to herself unsure what to make of this new information while being comforted by the feeling of wind wrapping around her.

That comforting feeling quickly ebbed away as they group encountered more carnage like they say in the entryway of the temple which only made her heart break. 'Why...? Why?! Why someone would cause others so much pain? I can't believe a girl born of light would willingly turn to darkness... Someone... Someone must of changed her. Broke her. If someone born from good turned to darkness, what could stop anyone from doing the same? Even me...,' Wilhelmina thought filled with sadness and even a hint of anger for the pain caused, but only made her more determined to bring this girl back to the Light hoping the girl could still be saved. Mina's thoughts had caused her to fall a bit behind but managed to catch back up to hear a girl's voice that felt familiar to her as the air felt a bit heavier to her the closer making her try to keep her speed up but the dark aura hung heavy on her. "Ugh... This aura... It's making me sick," Mina muttered softly.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Meanwhile, in the deepest chamber of the Temple, the intruder struck through the last of the constructs guarding the lone prison cell, letting the empty shells release their hearts. She pointed her blades at the knight guarding the cell, ready to command the release of the prisoner, but then suddenly Junithal’s hammer flung through the air, slamming into the ground next to her before it returned to him.

"Alinara... The stolen child of crystal. I knew you'd come eventually with our finely placed bait."

Ardeth arrived soon afterward, and once again instinctively held out his arm to keep Wilhelmina back. He’d heard that accursed name Junithal had mentioned upon confronting their foe, and part of Ardeth had sincerely hoped that it wasn’t the same person he thought it was.

But fate would not grant him that comfort today. The intruder accosting the guard of the final cell, the murderer who’d desecrated this temple and slaughtered its priests and guardians in cold blood, was indeed Alinara Duskblade. The memories quickly resurfaced of her attack in Traverse Town, her shameless worship of evil and denouncing good as the true evil, and her cruel mistreatment of Riku in his hour of need...

Spoiler: KHR Quotes Included for Reference 

Alinara kept a blade pointed in both directions, slowly backing her way to a wall. She gripped her blades tightly, trying to think of how she'd get her way out of this.

What Alinara did in Traverse Town was bad enough in and of itself, but Ardeth never would have thought that her fanatical worship of evil could reach such a degree, that she could dare to call Riku and his comrades "murderers" and "persecutors" when she herself had no qualms with slaughtering so many in cold blood. Even now, instead of showing some hint of remorse for what she'd done or at least trying to explain herself, she was trying to plan her escape.

Ardeth didn't let her. As a warning, Ardeth drew his Medjai sword in one hand and summoned his Keyblade in the other, pointing the former at Alinara, but keeping the latter aimed at the prisoner in the cell in case the prisoner made any attempt to attack or manipulate him. Until now, mostly at the suggestion of Riku and the others, Ardeth had tried to give Alinara some benefit of the doubt. But it was clear now that Alinara deserved no such courtesy, and Ardeth would not waste another ounce of sympathy on this treacherous witch.

Junithal, meanwhile, continued down the steps, glancing at the warriors behind him. "I have a task for you. Help me to kill the dark warrior. Once the final warrior is destroyed there will only be the Flood of Light left. The eradication of Darkness."

Junithal's request was unusual for one so dedicated to the light, briefly snapping Ardeth out of his fury. How could killing someone - even someone as clearly guilty as Alinara was - bring about the kind of golden age Junithal was describing? Ardeth wondered if perhaps the sense of pure darkness in this place might be affecting Junithal somehow, or if either Alinara or the prisoner - if not both - might be somehow manipulating him, thereby crippling the light by corrupting one of its most loyal servants.

“Seal the chamber. They must not escape.” Ardeth said quietly to Wilhelmina, sparing her a calm glance. He would not kill Alinara as Junithal requested; as much as he wanted to see Alinara pay for everything she'd done, to kill her without it being absolutely necessary would make them no better than the darkness itself. But Ardeth would still see her judged and punished by the people of this city, for only they truly had the right to seek justice for the desecration of their temple and the brutal murder of its inhabitants.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 07-13-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wilhelmina was the last to join the group not able to be as fast with the heaviness of the corridor dripping with death and negative emotions probably from the souls still inhabiting the halls, such pain and distress kept Mina from focusing on the task at hand. Soon enough she arrived behind Ardeth who raised a protective arm to keep her from seeing the person that stood before them as well being taller than her, but heard the name of the Junithal spoke causing her to naturally want to stop Alinara from doing any further damage yet Ardeth's strong arm kept her from moving forward. A sad look could be seen in Wilhelmina's eyes as she made eye contact with Alinara with a desire to help, but worried as Alinara pointed her blades at everyone.

Alinara eyes seemed to being looking for her best options of escape by how her eyes darted around while keeping an eye on everyone, and when Ardeth drew his weapons on Alinara and the prisoner. Wilhelmina felt there was something wrong with all of this, but when Junithal tasked her and Ardeth with killing Alinara she felt more sick than being in the corridor swirling with negative energy. "Ardeth, we shouldn't be so hasty. I know all that we've seen makes it difficult not to react, but something doesn't feel right about all this. We both now that killing is wrong, and no good person should act as judge, jury, and executioner. I implore you, we should return to Riku and the rest of our comrades before this get out of hand than it already has for perhaps appearances aren't what they same making this all the more sinister. Please trust in me...," Mina said quietly with pleading eyes trying to keep Junithal from hearing her not wanting Ardeth to do anything rash he wouldn't be able to forgive himself later.

After hearing Ardeth's request to seal the chamber, Wilhelmina gave him a long look for giving a little nod still not sure what else to do but believed Ardeth will do the right thing. "I'll do as you as, but I'll be back. I'm not going to leave you behind," she replied back giving an unsettling look at Junithal then Alinara with a sad soft look before turning away and heading back down the corridor to seal it where the malice and darkness only seemed to be getting worse making it harder to traverse the hallway. The air felt heavy and almost too thick to breathe causing her to feel sluggish and tired as if her own energy was being drained by those whose lives were unfairly taken.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

With the chamber now about to be sealed off and Wilhelmina out of harm’s way for now, Ardeth did not hesitate a moment longer, proceeding to take the offensive and charged at Alinara.

Alinara closed her eyes for a moment before Ardeth charged at her, presumably answering Junithal's call to slay her. Both her keyblades flashed forward, clashing against both of Ardeth’s weapons to stop his strikes.

"I don't know what pains me worse in seeing you guys. The fact that you’re working for Junithal's side..." Alinara shoved Ardeth away, letting herself have a bit of breathing room. "Or that you're so blind to the heartless."

Ordinarily such a statement would have signaled an assault of heartless coming out of the woodwork, but none appeared.

Ardeth, however, would not be deterred; if anything, her remarks served only to infuriate him even further. After all she’d done, Alinara’s only regret was that they wouldn’t join her cause! The very idea sickened Ardeth in every imaginable way, and her emotionless, condescending tone was no help in that regard. He continued his attack, requiring Alinara to push him back once more and draw back to give herself more space.

By then Alinara had backed up enough to see the prisoner, who simply looked upon Alinara with a shake of his head, holding a bit of dark energy in his hand. There had been a message passed between them in that look, and Alinara let her keyblades go, returning them to the space she pulled them out of.

Seeing this, Ardeth stood his ground, not dispelling his own Keyblade or resheathing his sword, but not attacking again either. If Alinara had anything to say for herself, now was the time to say it.

Alinara reached into her shirt and took something out. "I need you to deliver something to Riku for me, from the one that opened up the Shadow Crystal Key to me." Suddenly she flung Sora's necklace at Ardeth, who instinctively moved to catch it just as she had covered herself in a dark crystal to change into her black mage job class, completing the transformation by the time Ardeth had caught the necklace.

"Sora lives; I intended to free him, but my own world must still be freed. But he still continues to fight for HIS Light." Alinara glared from under her hat at Junithal, who had begun to move down the steps towards her. "Not the Light of this world."

Ardeth could only stare in disbelief at the nerve of this woman. How dare she continue to mock Riku's grief for his kidnapped friend, after nearly bringing him to tears when they'd first met in Traverse Town?! And as if that wasn't appalling enough, Alinara had just freely admitted that she not only knew about Sora’s plight, but had also had an opportunity to set him free and yet willingly chose not to do so, choosing instead to cruelly mock his and his friends’ suffering by stealing a cherished keepsake from Sora to remind them of their loss.

All of this finally sealed Alinara’s fate as far as Ardeth was concerned. He would see her brought to justice for all the suffering she'd caused and put a stop to the evils she worshipped, or he would die trying. His honor as the last surviving Medjai demanded nothing less.

Alinara resummoned her keystaff just as the prisoner slammed down the dark energy he’d been holding in his hand. He couldn't do anything destructive in his state, instead opting to give Alinara the cover she needed to escape.

A curtain of darkness suddenly fell over the room, completely blinding Ardeth who immediately kept his guard up, closing his eyes so he could focus on using his other senses instead.

Alinara had no intention of rushing through the door to where Wilhelmina was. Instead she pointed her keystaff at the wall, and with a mutter under her breath, an explosion echoed out.

Ardeth heard an explosion, and knew exactly what it meant; with Wilhelmina sealing the only exit, Alinara was trying to create her own exit so she and her comrade could escape under the cover of darkness. They thought their enemies would be so reliant on the light that the darkness would let them escape unopposed, but the sound of the explosion told Ardeth exactly where Alinara was headed right now. Without hesitation, Ardeth charged past Junithal and ran directly toward the sound of the explosion.

Junithal raised his hammer, dispelling the darkness with a bright light to reveal that Alinara had blown out the wall to the outside and tried to jump out. However, Alinara had thought that Wilhelmina’s barrier had only sealed off the main exit, only to discover the hard way that it actually surrounded the entire chamber. As a result, Alinara could not jump out through the hole in the wall and was promptly tackled by Ardeth, both of them colliding with the barrier as Ardeth immediately proceeded to wrestle Alinara to the floor.

“No!” The prisoner cried out, watching in helpless horror and dropping to one knee as Alinara’s escape attempt failed and she and Ardeth struggled against each other.

Junithal raised his hammer once again, clearly about to deliver the final blow, but Ardeth saw it coming and yanked Alinara out of harm’s way.

“Your comrades deserve justice, not revenge.” Ardeth said firmly, even though his grasp on Alinara did not falter in the slightest. “They have loved ones who deserve to see their murderer punished; don’t deny them that closure.”

Before Junithal could respond, Alinara use Ardeth’s momentary distraction to her advantage, nearly breaking free in the process. The ensuing struggle brought them close to the edge of the hole once more, and Junithal once again prepared to finish Alinara off...

But none of them expected the occasional holes that would pierce the barrier in different places, one of which started to form directly behind Ardeth and Alinara, the latter of whom soon realized as much.

Ardeth either didn’t notice or didn’t care, but it was too late either way. The barrier faltered yet again, sending him and Alinara plummeting through the hole. Junithal merely watched them fall, his expression unreadable.

"A shame... I had higher hopes in these warriors." He shook his head a bit, looking at the prison guard. "She will be a trouble in the future. She knows of a way to destroy the Constructs we are blessed with and this is something we cannot allow. I want you to go and pass along the message that we are to have another ceremony tonight after the dinner rites. The dark warrior's knowledge of the way to destroy our Constructs has left us crippled and we must create more. No longer will we sit idly by; it's time we take our full force down to crush them and the Dark Crystals."

Junithal paused to look back down at the tall drop outside, and then turned back to the knight. "I also want you to take some Constructs and followers and go search down there. If the warrior that fell with her proves successful in her demise, then we will need proof of that fact."

With a sigh, he left the room and found Wilhelmina in the hall, still maintaining the barrier.

"Forgive me for everything that has transpired. Please let us be gone of this place; I'm sure all this excitement has whetted your appetite. Let us go and partake in some dinner where you and the other heroes of the Light can tell me about your worlds." He began to lead Wilhelmina away from the prison, all the while people were already making their way down to start fixing the hole.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 08-15-2018 at 02:40 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123