Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunted {IC - M}

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Echo’s gaze lingered on the newcomer, even more when he started speaking. She half listened to him as he began to talk to the inmates. Her mind still wandered to the vision trying to make sense of it even when the man addressed her directly talking about the tests they ran on her. Usually they would bring people to her trying to force a vision, sometimes they were agents, or other inmates other times she had no idea who they were. Always though they wanted to know what she saw and she was hooked up to so many machines recording every vital. She merely stood there with a blank look on her face. At least until she heard the gurgled cry of a large man, one of the inmates. He fell to the ground clutching his neck, blood pouring from it. Her attention fell back on the man listening to him command them all to pick a side. To work for the agency or die.

“No!” Echo shouted, though it wasn’t for the man who had just been murdered before them she was more concerned for the choice they were given. She couldn’t do that again, use her visions for others. She had done that with the police and yes she had been helping people but all the horror she saw. Echo wouldn’t go through that again. She kept shouting as she back up to the point her knees hit a bench and she fell into a seated position. “No, I won’t do it. Not again.” She started mumbling to herself. The asylum faded away and instead Echo saw herself in a small interview room. Sitting across from her handcuffed to the table was a man with an evil glint in his eyes. She was pushed forward into the man her hand coming to rest on his. “No,” she shouted again this time finding herself back in the asylum with tears running down her face as she began to mumble incoherently.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Andrew had never really feared death. He had gotten his first life sentence at the age of five, and yet he had lived for another eighteen years. He had walked hand in hand with the possiblity of death, so he had never feared it. Things had always worked out in the end and Andrew had survived. Death was an old friend that he talked with daily, between his gift and his medical needs.

This was different.

Death was not an omnipotent force hovering around him. It wasn't a shadow lurking around the corner, waiting for its chance. This time it was a simple man. Connor. Death had a face, and not one that was familiar. Andrew had not originally given any real thought to his life at the asylum. Every day was a test in and test out, doctors hovering over him to figure out his gift. Now those had been shut down, as per Connors demand. Even then he hadn't been originally worried about his death.

With his studies done, he figured he would live his time out here like the rest. Even that didn't sound bad, normal life doing what everyone else did. It was the act at the end that really drove it home. Jackson, one of the more burly inmates, had gone to confront Connor. He had a simple power, though it allowed him to turn his skin to match anything he was touching, which was like a chameleon.

Connor ended his life in a second, blood pooling from a kunai that had been stashed away, ending him without a thought. Andrew had seen blood drawn, blood flow, and blood spilt. Not once had he seen someone get killed in cold blood. It was a bit of a shock to the system, watching the once healthy man now being dragged off by guards, one radioing for a janitor to clean up a blood spill. It made the threat of death all the. Ore real to him. The offer made by Connor was all the more terrifying, nearly shutting down Andrew in shock.

*There’s no way I could be a part of the agency. With my medical needs and weakened body, no one would want me.* Andrew ran through his mind, his eyes staring off into space. The fear showed in his eyes as his fingers snagged onto his wheelchair, realising that if he wanted to survive this time, he would actually have to do something. He couldn't just sit around and let nature run its course. This was a human threatening, and capable of, death. If he left things as is, he would die.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Rise x Siks co-op.

Silus's already serious demeanor hardened as he watched Crunch get so easily killed by this whelp. While he didn't like interacting with the man or the court. But Crunch's gift was body armor of sorts he can steal bone density from a target and use it to make his own bones and skin more powerful. If this newcomer had any kind of honor he would've let Crunch use his gift and make it a fair fight.

As he dropped his ultimatum the Native found himself chuckling sardonically. Some cowed, others spoke of their choice of death, but one clear voice spoke out above them and silenced the chatter. Ana, the Block Queen. "Death will be our greater reward!" Her sister chipped up. "We will choose death, before betraying our kind!" Silus, for the first time felt almost inspired by the sisters. He pressed his hand to Farrah's should calming her once before he walked up and squared off with the young man. "And I will be the first to be welcomed into the arms of the Star Fathers! You have no honor, using a weapon to kill an unarmed man but I will fight you nonetheless." Silus pulled his shirt off and ripped it into three sections. He quickly wrapped two strands of the materiel around his hands like boxing tape. And lastly he used the third strand of the old shirt to tie his long hair back in a warrior's style. His eyes were locked onto the admin's and began stretching slowly.

Connor watched as the uproar came and he seemed unbothered by those who wished for death before betraying their own kind. Those were the ones he wanted to set free, those were the ones he would speak with when the time was right, those were the ones that would see the light of day once more, but the others who so easily turned, who so easily fell in line with joining the Agency, those were the gifted he would mark down as collatoral damage. They weren't to be trusted and his eyes scanned the room picking up each and every one of them while Jameson did as well silently. Farrah had much to say about his display as did two women who looked as if they'd fought all of their life before being captured. He made a mental note of their faces, he would have to ask for forgiveness for taking the life of their friend.

The guards were drawing their weapons and aiming at the group of gifted who spoke up against the Agency, but Connor held his hand up once more.

"It is alright, they are allowed to voice their opinions, after all I did ask did I not?"

The warden looked at Connor and swallowed as he nodded to the guards and they lowered their weapons.

"Warden you can leave, I do believe I have all the information I...," Connor had begun talking but when Silus stepped forward, Connor slowly turned to face him. He had been challenged by this man, this large muscular man. He'd even gone so far as to rip his shirt and stretch. Connor placed his hand to his lips and posed looking the man up and down. "Well this is rather interesting. You whose name is so unimportant yet you challenge me for what?"

Connor laughed at the man, his laughter filling the yard. He shook his head. "I haven't had a good fight in a while, I suppose entertaining you would bring some fun to my life. Now then, since you have so openly challenged me I have a proposition for you. If you win you get your freedom, you get to walk out the door and no one in this building will touch you, but...... if you lose."

The silence was defeaning. Everyone was wondering what the stipulation would be. Surely the taller well built man would win with no problem right? The Warden's eyes widened as he listened.

"Sir you can't be serious."

"I am very serious, if Silus wins he goes free, NONE of you are to stop him; however, should I so happen to win Silus will become my personal slave like the mut he is. You think you've lost your freedom in this hell, but I shall show you hell, I shall show you all seven circles. Do we have a deal?"

Chatter filled the yard as Connor looked at Silus. No doubt he could fight, but this was different, Silus's freedom was on the line and no pushover would make a deal like that unless they had something up their sleeve.

Silus had streatched and was readying his body for the fight. He was no fool, this man was quick at the very least and even if his appointment to an Admin isn't 100% legitimate he would have some training in fighting from the Agency. This would be a fight unlike any he's had since he was imprisoned.

As this young man accepted his challenge and made jokes Silus snorted lightly. "I challenge you for justice and vengence. Nothing more nothing less, as for your ironic conditions I accept, my people have been slaves since before your kind were brought to these corrupt shores, but fair warning." Silus gave a wolfish smile. "It will be you who will know hell not me, you'd be better off killing me if I lose this fight. No weapons, no tricks, just my hands ripping your throat out!" Silus let out a war whoop and quickly charged Connor going low before faking and bringing his hand open in a claw up and slashing at the other man's eyes. No animal in nature boxed and none of them played nice when their life was on the line. The Native American didn't have his actual claws out but his fingers and hands were strong and bony from his life in the wild.

"Sounds like fun," Connor replied as he tossed the kunai into the nearby wall barely missing a bystander who looked shocked. Jameson stood back and sighed. This was too much even for them, Connor was growing more and more out of control, but Jameson trusted him, and he hoped that he would reel it back in before things got really bad, before his role as an Agent overtook his role as a member of the Defiance.

"Be careful," Jameson said softly to Connor who looked at him and nodded. He knew Jameson was hardly ever worried, but Connor had changed and he would admit to it that he felt like he was changing more and more as he stayed undercover. His opponent was on the move and when Connor realized it, the man was upon him slashing at his face with his hand. Connor lifted his own arm to intercept feeling their arms collide and the strength of his opponent. He's strong. Connor made the mental note as he put effort into the punch he launched towards Silus's neck in order to get away from the larger man. The crowd was showing their support for their own, yelling for Silus to rip Connor a new one, for Silus to win his freedom. Part of Connor smiled at how they rallied together for their kind, and he was a part of their kind.

Silus snarled moving his head to the side as Connor aimed for his throat. He ducked closer to the man's body and grabbed his arm in both his hands before chomping down on his forearm. His teeth weren't sharp enough to really rip his opponenet's arm off. But as he felt blood shoot into his mouth he ripped his head back and spat bits of Connor's flesh out wiping the blood along his face like war paint before jumping back growling. "Come fool."

Connor's eyes narrowed as the man came closer. He winced when he felt pain shoot through his arm. The man had bitten him. Connor flipped away ignoring the pain as he looked at the man and shook his head.

"Had I known you were going to resort to such barbaric means I would've had a little more fun," Connor said as Jameson approached examining the bite. The Warden scurried over and the guards surrounded Silus before the beating occurred followed by a tranquilizer that would put him out for the time being. It would've been normal for Connor to be mad, it would've been normal for him to curse and spit warning to all of them, but he didn't, he looked at Jameson and whispered something in his ear before turning to the other inmates and smiling.

"Because of your friends arrogance, the guards will now have the authority to use force when dealing with each of you. Those of you who expressed interest in joining the Agency will be taken in one by one for questioning."

"Sir," Jameson said looking up at Connor. "You need to bandage that immediately before going into the maximum security wing."

"Yes I know. Warden give me five minutes and I shall be ready to go to the maximum security wing."

"Sir, that.... that place is.... it's unnerving."

"There have been incidents sir," one of the guards said stepping up causing Connor to raise an eyebrow.

"Incidents?"

"The pills don't last long on them, their bodies seem to have adapted to it, either that or their gifts are working against its affects. One of our guys was electrocuted down there," the guard said worry laced in his tone. Connor smirked internally but on the outside his face was stoic and he looked at the guard.

"Five minutes," he reitterated before leaving the yard. The warden sighed and Jameson followed behind Connor.

When they were alone, Jameson looked at Connor. "You owe him his freedom."

"He didn't win," Connor said looking at Jameson who looked at him and sighed. "Oh... I get it, there's some sort of infactuation between you and him?"

"No," Jameson said as they rounded a corner. Connor needed to find smoke. He could heal with smoke, but he wouldn't heal completely, that way it wouldn't be suspicious when he returned.

He's an asset to the Defiance and you know it.

"Yes, he would really like Silus. Did you gather enough information?" Connor asked Jameson who nodded.

"Then set up the one on ones."
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 07-01-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Fantasy, Slice-of-life, and Parody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Assistant, a fellow gifted named Cleo followed Isis to the bathroom carrying the dossier and the Agent's clothing. "You're going after a big one today Miss Isis." She placed Isis's clothing and the file on the sink's counter before sitting on the edge adjusting her glasses. "One who has been near the top of not only our list, but the lists of the Order and the Defiance too if you believe our spies in those organizations. One Red Jenny. Do you need me to help you wash today?" Cleo slipped off the counter and focused her eyes on the bar of soap in the bathroom and brought it to the dark skinned woman's hand. Cleo's gift was telekinesis, but it was only effective to about ten feet away.

"No Cleo," Isis stated lowly, "I am fine for today." The dark skinned women turned on the shower water and stepped in under the burning streams of liquid. The heat assisted with losing the muscles and making them ache less. "Do you have any information that you need to pass on?"

Cleo nodded placing the soap back in the soap dish before returning o her spot on the sink thumbing through the file. "Yes Miss Isis, this Red Jenny is a Gifted with an ability even we can't fully figure out. The best we can say is she causes bad luck...somehow. She swings her hand or a knife like she's cutting string and random things happen to those pursuing her." She looked at the incident reports her voice maintaining it's monotone. "Agent Burrwell was chasing her two months ago and wound up losing his vision, Agent Deima took up the chase a week later and she wound up tripping over her own two feet and breaking her nose. We regrouped and sent the Flyer, Agent Swih a few weeks later, she wound up crashing into a building busting her left shoulder and arm. The last one we sent before you was Agent Days, you know the big guy who kinda looks like a moose? Well he went after her last week and somehow wound up on a boat heading for Europe married to some Dutch woman and was suffering from a severe case of amnesia. But I hear he's quite the skilled shoemaker now...we're working on his reeducation as we speak. Her last known location was somewhere in Brooklyn." Cleo closed the file and hmmed softly. You may need a lucky rabbit's foot for this one, I can put a request into supply if you wish Miss Isis."

Letting the water run over her form, Isis listened as Cleo rambled on about the different agents that had perused this "Red Jenny" and what fates had befallen them. A normal person would have been terrified, but Isis was not a normal person. In all honesty, if all those things happened it could be no worse than turning hairy and going on a rampage. Hell, worse case scenario she died. Isis almost laughed at the thought. Death did not scare her. In fact, the dark skin woman welcomed it if it happened. She did not fear what would bring her freedom. Realizing that she may be taking too long, the women quickly finished her shower and then stepped out. Ignoring Cleo she walking into the adjoining bedroom and complete getting ready. "Cleo, get my things ready. I'm leaving in 20." Without another word Isis began to get ready to leave. Unlike much of the other Agents, she did not have a bracer or shock device. The Agency trusted her strangely enough.

Cleo nodded and placed Isis's clothing on the table and made a quick call to the armory.

*20 minutes later in Brooklyn*

In a dingy apartment complex along the shore the loud sounds of an old bead creaking and fervent lovemaking . A woman's loud screams and a man's deep grunts, the window to the top floor apartment is open and suddenly a man's hand grips the window sill and shatters the already fragile wood. The combined shouts of the occupants reach a fever pitch before all goes quiet and the man's hand pulls back inside the window his voice a gravely chuckle.

"Damn *pant* Scarlet... it's only been...*pant* a week."

A woman laughs followed by the sounds of bare feet across a filthy floor with old beer cans and food containers being kicked aside. Second later a light from with clicks on and a red headed woman is standing naked and slick with sweat by the light switch.
    "Yea, but it's been a long week Brick." The woman's slightly cockney accent sounded tired, but her eyes were bright and her body quickly warming up for the next round.

One the bed a large man with short hairwas pulling himself together plucking wooden splinters from his rough hands. "Well glad you didn't lose the key to our old shag shack." He stood up and kicked some more cans out of the way. "Though kinda wish I had the time to clean up before you swung in the window and mounted me like some kind of sex crazed spiderwoman."

The woman laughed and stretched her body tall her breasts bouncing slightly before she walked back to the bed and climbed over Brick pushing him back to the bed and placing her chest in his face to play with as she looked out the broken window sill. The big man was enjoying him greatly when a knock came on the door and he felt the woman tense up and quickly duck back in the window rolling off him and picking up a knife.

Brick sighed, deeply annoyed. He told everyone to leave him the fuck alone the whole night Scarlet was in town. "Someone better be fuckin' dead out there! Or I'm gonna make them so." He pulled off the condom and tossed it into the empty wastebasket before pulling on some shorts and summoning his gift. His body was quickly covered in steel like scales and he thudded across the floor almost caving it in on some of the weaker boards. He lifted the peephole cover and saw one the urchins he has keeping an eye on the streets. Her name was Hella, and like most running around the streets she belongs to Brick's organization and works for him so he keeps the Agents away. Kinda small and inexperienced, but he's training her right every night. Opening the door he looked down at her. "What is is Hel?"

The young girl looked up a slight blush on her face. She never like bothering the boss, but this was important. "Sir our lookouts have spotted an Agent in the neighborhood, words is she's looking for Red Jenny." Scarlet scoffed appearing besides Brick wearing just her trousers and no top. "Another arseface lookin to try an' cash in eh?" Hella studied Scarlet's body and nodded looking down at her own flat features sighing wishfully. "Yea, black girl I think I was told her name is Isis. She's supposedly one of the best at catching runners." Brick nodded and waved the girl off. "Alright Hella, back to your post. I'll be by later tonight for your training."

Hella blushed again then bowed and scampered away vanishing into the shadows as was her Gift. The crime lord closed the door and nodded to Scarlet. "Think you'll be back tonight?"

Red Jenny was already moving about the messy room finding her clothes and gear. She shook her head pulling her blouse on. "Not likely, I heard of this one, she's a Werewolf or some shite. Pretty fast, but it's all good innit? None of the arseholes have been able to catch me yet, I doubt this'll be any different."

Brick chuckled powering down his gift and crossing his arms over his chest watching his fuck buddy bounce around the room. "Well let's hope not, you're one of my favorite fucks and I'd hate to lose you to one of those fuckwads Scarlet."

The woman winked strapping on her knives. "Well if I do get caught be sure to send help and I'll let you have me condom free, how about that Brick? Be the first to plant a baby in Red Jenny?"

The big man laughed, as amusing as that idea was he knew, the infamous Red Jenny would never let herself become a mother. She never had one and she was sure she'd be a bad one. But still he nodded.
    "Sure thing Scarlet, fuck some people up for me eh?"

The woman nodded and with her boots laced up she climbed to the window and nodded.
    "You know it big boy, be sure ya don't break the little horned girl." With a final wink Scarlet was gone and Red Jenny was back into the real world, looking to have a little more fun with this latest Agent.

***ISIS*****

Brooklyn smelled of blood and sweat, it was so awful that Isis wanted to gag. Refraining from doing so, the dark skinned women walked down the street to the location that the Agency had provided her. Apparently, there was a mole in the streets who was willing to provide information on the wear-about of Red, as Isis had dubbed her, for some incentives. It was ironic that the women who had the gift of a werewolf was going after someone with the color red in their name. Who knew fairy tales were real. Shrugging off the thought, she continued down the alleyway, making an effort to walk at a human pace. She didn't want to draw any attention to herself. Seeing a figure at the end of the dark alleyway Isis took a whiff of the air. It still smelled like blood and sweat, but this time there was a tint of fear. The informant was afraid. Approaching the figure Isis realized that they were covering their entire body. Not an inch could be seen.

"You're Isis, right?" A gruff voice said from below a hood, "They said you were pretty, but damn."

Isis blankly stared at the figure and didn't respond to the comment. What she wanted to do was not constructive to getting the target anyway. As soon as no words were exchanged a nervous laugh echoed. "Eh, sorry...sometime I struggle when I'm nervous. Anyways the target is..."

As soon as the location was given Isis pulled out a wad of cash and handed it to the man. It was time to start work. As the man reached for the cash he suddenly began choking violently then crumpled to the ground. There was the sound a swift solid kick connecting with his skull then another figure appeared, a woman with red hair counting the money casually whistling a merry little tune. Once the money was counted the red head put it into her bra frowning a little. "A measly 100 dollars? Thought you mangy gits at the Agency got paid the big bucks. Ah well though I guess, you are a pretty one, even for a mangy git. If I swung that way we could have grand old time you and I, but this'll have to do." She smiled patting her chest before winking and walking away. "Now piss off, ya ruddy wanker, you'll live longer." There was the sound of running boots and the sudden clash of trashcans as Red Jenny climbed over them to reach a fire escape.

Isis did not hesitate. She felt her senses go into overdrive when Jenny suddenly took off and went up the fire escape. Didn't people know anything about predators? The more you run, the more they want to provide a chase. Honing in on the red haired women, Isis pursued her up the fire escape and onto the tops of the buildings.

Red Jenny looked back as the new Agent locked on and began chasing her doggedly. This wasn't new, she's played this game with every agent they've sent after her. Egg them on, make them play the game on her terms and in her home court. The streets of Brooklyn where Red knew every hidey hole and blind alley. This Isis was fast, but so was Red Jenny, like a shadow in the night. But she enjoyed toying with the Agents.
    "Well ain't you a quick one, but tell me wolf tits. When you get all wolfy and shite do ye look like a boy wolf or a girl one? Like big bouncing furry tits and all?" Jenny laughed mockingly springing from the current rooftop to another easily landing in a roll and getting back to her feet without missing a beat.

Following like a shadow, Isis could not help but roll her eyes. What was this girl, ten? Even if the women wanted to answer she would not know. The wolf form had it's own memories, thoughts and feelings. It was a completely separate entity. Isis honestly had no idea what it looked like, but she quickly realized this girl was trying to piss her off. Unfortunate, Isis was hard to make feel anything. It was why the agency liked her so much.

During the next jump, Isis drew on a senbon and flicked it at the girl. It was layered in the chemical that was given to gifted at the Asylum. Although she highly doubted it would hit, it was worth a shot. The sooner she did this, the sooner she could get home.

Red Jenny smiled drawing her knife and quickly spinning around and knocking the thrown object aside and winking up at her hunter.
    "Oh come now wolf tits, part of the fun is the witty banter between me an' you." Red Jenny quickly changed her path and dropped into an alley and began taking the labyrinthine back passages through downtown Brooklyn. "Is it bestiality if you bang in wolf form?" The Thief would keep up this chatter until the Isis got clever with her chasing.

At this point Isis was just completely ignoring the banter from the other women. It was easier to focus on memorizing the women's smell. (Whatever you want her smell like). That way Red could run all she wanted, but the Agent would still be able to find her. Some part of Isis wondered if she should just let the girl run herself out of energy. Eh, that would probably take too long. Watching as Red slipped off the tops of the buildings and down below, she chose to stay above. Speeding up Isis got slightly ahead and then jumped. Landing rolling, and springing up Isis ran straight at the girl, throwing a couple more senbons and then following up with a punch to the gut.

Red would never admit it, but she was impressed with this one. Usually they get annoyed and make mistakes quickly. This one was tight lipped and focused. The Thief usually liked the stong silent types, if this chick wasn't a chick Jenny would contemplate bedding this Agent for a free pass.

But that wasn't the case, she dodged the pointy things by quickly flipping off the alleywall but she saw the punch coming and quickly tightened her core muscles. The hit landed and even with bracing it hurt, but it gave her an opening. She grabbed Isis's head and smashed her forehead into the other woman's nose. That hurt too, but she felt blood on her face and bounced back rubbing her stomach.
    "Ooh that tingles, you're fun wolf tits." With this last quip the lithe theif dropped into a storm drain and the chase continued.

In a dog like fashion Isis shook her head to numb the pain. Her nose was broken; she could tell by the sensation running through her system. Another feeling took over seconds later. It was beginning to heal. Cursing, the dark skinned women ignored it and hopped down in the sewer. The smell nearly knocked her out. The shadow on the wall allowed her to see the figure running down the tunnel. The women took off. This was the worst. Part of wanted to call the Agency and tell them to fuck themselves. She would rather take the punishment than do this. Wanting nothing more than to go home Isis sped up and then tackled the other women. They pair rolled until Isis landed on top. She took a sendon out and then stabbed it into the women's shoulder. At least it would slow Red down.

Red shouted something in a foreign language and punched Isis in the face before managing to wriggle herself free only to fall over onto her butt. She wasn't a big woman so the sedative pumped through her quick. She glared at her hunter and simply flipped her the bird. "Fuck....you." Before promptly flopping over onto her back.

Finally

Without much of another thought Isis picked up the women like a sack of potato and tossed her over her shoulder. She then whipped out her phone and contacted the Agency. They had an ETA of 10 minutes. Bring Red out of the sewer and onto upper level Isis sat down. Ten minutes later a team arrived and secured Red. Isis observed just to make sure. There was not emotion involved. It was a job. Nothing else. "Let's get back," Isis commanded, going to sit in the front seat of a vehicle. Following orders everyone started back to the Asylum. It was finally time to go home. A bath was in order.

Fantasy, action, adventure, science fiction
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

“What have you done?” John asked furiously. She just ruined everything he had hoped for. And surely with her own gift John had to make her pay for it.

The words rang out clearly across the small cafe. Eve was aware that there were multiple pairs of eyes on her and she didn’t like the feeling. Not that she’d been caught doing anything shady recently, but the spotlight was not where she preferred to be.

Need to get out of here...

She turned towards one of the exits but something caught her eye. Her gaze turned upwards as a single spider crawled out of a ceiling tile, and then another, and another. Within a matter of seconds the cafe ceiling was covered with various hairy, rapidly moving arachnids and some were beginning to descend.

A shiver went down her spine and she could feel the hair on her arms bristling.

A concerned looking woman had started to reach for her but Eve was lost in the illusion. Her mind wasn’t used to having tricks played like this, it was typically the other way around. The older woman asked if she was alright but the girl didn’t register.

Eve felt something brush her arm and she screamed. Her tea, still hot, suddenly exploded all over her arm and that of the older woman’s. She could hear another person’s scream but her mind rationalized it as a reaction to the creatures crawling above them. Her brain processed the pain but when she looked down she could see creatures on her arm. Heat began to radiate from her hand and arm, where the tea had scalded her, but she envisioned the pain had come from multiple spider bites.

The dark skinned girl attempted to shake her arm free from the creatures as she stumbled towards where she remembered an exit was located. More eight legged creatures began to appear. They came out of nowhere and made a living barrier between herself and her freedom.

People in the cafe began muttering amongst themselves. This girl was clearly out of her mind.

“Please keep calm,” announced the chubby store manager as he placed his phone down clearly worried about the girl. He was sure she needed help.“The police are on their way.”

Eve could feel her blood pressure rise. She had begun to sweat and her breathing was ragged. In a desperate attempt to flee, she kicked the door open, accidentally hitting a couple attempting to enter the cafe.

“Hey, watch it,” snapped a man. Eve turned towards him but it was too late. The tiny beings had already gotten him and they were beginning to swarm onto the woman he was holding onto. Eve let out another scream and fell backwards onto the pavement as the horde of spiders began crawling after her.

“Oh shit, look at this!” Bystanders had begun to form in the street. A few kids had pulled out their phones to record the scene in front of them. “This bitch be trippin!” A few laughs erupted while others watched in concern as Eve began to kick her shoes off. They were immediately swarmed. Her legs flailed in a sad attempt to rid herself of the creatures but to no avail. In her eyes, they had already reached her pants.

“No!”

“This bitch is crazy!” Cackled one teen.

Eve felt hot tears sprout from her eyes as she let out another protest. Her mind and body were suddenly exhausted. All she could do was curl into a ball as the tiny arachnid army overtook her. She prayed the venom would kill her quickly.

John had turned back to look at her completely unaware of how she was actually going to react. Maybe he should have just left the girl in a dream of some kind, yet it was to late and the illusion had already been set. Likely he just lost his target and couldnt tell from the way everyone was moving around and the commotion he couldn’t even remember where the girl was exactly.

The authorities were there within minutes.

“Move, move, move!”

A crowd of bystanders had formed, staring at the girl curled onto the ground. Eve was suffering from mental and physical exhaustion. Her arm killed and she felt an aura that signaled a headache was on the way. Whistles and murmurs surrounded her.

“Alpha in position, over.”

“Copy that, Alpha. Bravo in position, over.”

“Charlie all set, over.”

Eve looked up in time to see a group of men dressed in black tactical gear had pushed away the crowd. Fuck fuck fuck. She could see the men in front moving in on her. Eve imagined the hydrants exploding and causing a frenzy. Her eyes narrowed and she envisioned the crowd overtaking them. She attempted to trick the first squad members but they moved forward in slow and steady precision.

“There’s a Gifted!” she screamed. It was the only explanation. “He’s right in the cafe!”

“We know,” remarked a suited man who pulled away from the crowd. “We also know that you’re one, too.”

Eve looked around. There were two groups on the ground and one on the rooftop. She jumped into a crouch, her muscles tensed.

“You can try to run,” said the man calmly, his eyes hidden behind a pair of dark shades. “But we’ll get you. Your powers won’t work on us.” He sighed. “At least, not for a little bit.”

Eve felt sweat drip down her face. It wasn’t every day bystanders got to watch “one of them” being taken. Some looked excited, a few others looked scared. Of course there were a few douchebags recording.

She dropped and grabbed her shoes. The men reacted instantly. She missed a taser narrowly and threw one shoe at the soldier. She had already lost her backpack, so she began to make her way to the one side there were no armed men.

A brightly colored dart whizzed passed her. One man cut her off out of nowhere. She threw her last shoe at him, which he smoothly dodged. She threw a punch, then another. He dodged the first only to catch the second. He squeezed and she could feel herself beginning to sink from the pain. Eve made a lucky crotch shot with her elbow and the soldier grunted and threw her down onto the ground

“Enough games,” sighed the suited man. “Let’s bring her in.”

Eve screamed as electricity passed through her body. Five seconds of agony ensued before she flopped onto the pavement, her body seemingly lifeless.

“Good job, boys! Let’s wrap it up!”

Minutes later, the men had Eve in the back of an armored van where she slept all the way to the Asylum.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Gaius, Victor

The car ride was silent, as the two so called partners were driving down the road to get to where the informant had seen their target. It wasn’t a long drive, but the tension in the car could be cut with a knife. It was alway like this when they sent him out Because he was never allowed to leave without another Agent, and they usually didn’t want anything to do with him.Which was just fine by him. He didn’t need anyone. He was fine on his own.

When they finally reached their destination and the female Agent parked the car they both got out, and she motioned for him to follow her. It seemed she already had a plan for catching Victor the water Gifted. Looking over at the young woman and several other agents he had an idea of what her plan was.

“As we all know to catch a freek we use a freek. So we will be forcing subject 554237 down this alleyway since it is a dead end, and that is where…” The Agent got a sour look on her face as she looked at Gaius. “Gaius will go in and secure the package. I will be positioned here, and will snipe the target one I get a clear enough shot. This freak is slippery, and we need to catch him this time. So no mistakes.” She said as all of the people gathered nodded their heads in agreement.

Gaius shook his head, and knew that she must have hated calling him by his name, but that little plensentry would probably be the only one she will ever give him. Giving a slight sigh he moved from the group of Agents, and made his way into the library. He was the only Agent this Target would recognize from the get go, and begin the hunt once he saw him. Hoping it wouldn't take long to capture Victor this time. Watching the crowd he moved through the library looking for where Victor was hiding.

The meeting had finished, and Victor was not a bit happy about the outcome. It seemed the Asylum and the Agents were stepping up their collection of their kind. Though, there was some good news. The children he saved that day the Agent’s came after him were relocated to a secure and safe location. That was the only good news that had come from the meeting. Connor must have still been on his mission since he wasn’t in the meeting, and it seemed like no one knew where he was. Well that was a good thing. The more secret his mission is the better. Even he didn’t know where he was, but he did know that it was dangerous.

Giving a slight sigh he was walking out of the bathroom as he knew he needed to get back into hiding. He wasn't too comfortable being in the city, and that made him even more on edge. Lifting his hood over his head he began to make his way out of the library. However, he saw Gaius in the crowd looking straight at him. “Damn.” Victor said under his breath as he quickly made his way out of the library with Gaius on his heels. “How in the hell did they find me? Did they know of the meeting? Were the others in danger?” Victor mumbled under his breath as he quickly made his way through the crowd, and out the front door.

Onc he was outside he saw a group of people to the right watching as a girl was screaming, and Agents were arriving. This wasn’t good. There was more than one gifted in the area, and going that direction would definitely not be in his best interest. He didn’t want to get caught. There were still people he needed to help. So he walked away from the scene. Making his way through the crowd that was gathering to watch. It pained him not to help, but there was no way he would be able to get the gifted out. He just hoped that they would be able to escape.

As he made his way to the left there were agents stationed at the first ally. Having no choice he moved onto the next one that was unguarded, and once in the ally he bolted only to be met with a building blocking his way out, and Gaius was already standing in the opening. “Dame it to hell.” Victor said as he slammed his hands on the brick wall. Now his only choice was to fight for his freedom.

Taking a defencive stance he calmed himself, as he drew on his power to create water droplets in the air then freezing them. He then formed a water stalf in his hands freezing it as well. He didn’t have the power to actually drop the temperature around himself, but in his last fight he found that Ice worked best against this Agent. “I am not going to that hell.” Victor said as he sent the water droplets at Gaius. They would sting like hell on impact.

“You will have no choice.” Gaius said as he made his way towards his target. Though, this fight wouldn’t last long as the sound of a gunshot filled the air, and a dart hit Victor in the shoulder. The ice bullets disintegrated as did his weapon as Victor reached up and pulled the dart out of his shoulder. With his power gone, he knew he needed to fight.

So he charged at Gaius to try and at least slip past him, but his opponent grabbed his arm and using his momentum swung him in a circle, and slammed Victor into one of the walls. This not only knocked the air out of his lungs it ripped open the stitches that was keeping his injury sealed. Though as Gaius was still standing their ready to pick him up Victor kicked him in the abdomen to pushing him back.

The kick hit hard as Gaius was forced to take a couple of steps back from the water user. However, he didn’t fail to notice that the hoodie that Victor was waring started to get moist around the same spot he had cut him open last time. He needed to end this soon. No sense letting the target to bleed out. Taking a couple of steps back to give his opponent some room he allowed him to at least try one more time. Though in the condition he was in it wasn’t likely going to end well for him.

As Victor was trying to stand backup. He realized that his side opened up again, and he quickly placed a hand over the injury. Knowing that he was at a disadvantage didn’t stop him from his fight. He didn’t want to surrender to thee people. Finally being able to push the pain to the side he stood up, and charged at Gaius once again. Though, it didn’t help him at all. Gaius grabbed his arm yet again, and this time hit him in his bleeding side.

The Pain was more than he could handle as a scream broke out from his lips. Then the world around him turned dark as he passed out from the pain. As Victors form crumpled to the ground two other agents arrived and picked up the man, placing his hands behind his back, and cuffing him. They drug him from the ally and made their way to the car. Placing him in the back seat as Gaius got in beside him, and the female agent drove them back to the facility.

Once they arrived at the Asylum Gaius got out of the car, and pulled Victor out. The man was still unconscious at the time and had to be drug into the facility. Once inside at the reception desk he looked at the woman as she spoke up.

“Well looks like you finally cough your target.” She said as he buzzed him into the back. He didn’t say a word to her as he took Victor back. Three doctors met him and he looked over to the man in charge. “The fool opened up an injury he had sustained during our first encounter. You might want to take care of that before you go playing around with him.” Gaius said as he knew they were going to be running some painful experiments on him before placing Victor with the others.

-------

Dianna

Shaking her head Dianna just smiled as Angel finished her statement, and then took the pills. Knowing what kind of reaction her young charge would have and waited for it to end before speaking once more. “Well that was close enough.” Dianna said as she moved in close to Angel like she was trying to help her through her little bought. “My master is working on getting all of the Gifted out of this place. I know the time is coming. Be patent, and soon you will be free. I will keep you informed.” Dianna said as they made eye contact. “Do you have any questions or anything you would like to pass on?”

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Bakari:

Bakari's eye twitched when he was deemed 'expendable.' by the gentlemen speaking to them. They focused their attention on Echo afterwards which only bothered him more. Was he really not good enough for a place like this? It only angered him more causing him to grumble to himself. What did this guy know anyways? And what made him so special?

The man simply glared at the higher up man and turned to Echo as she had another 'episode'. Now she had been sitting on the bench which gave him an irked feeling. This guy was only causing trouble but he was a bit to strong for Bakari to take care of alone. He'd have to wait his time out before he struck, and if the man didn't kill Bakari then his secret on actually taking the pills would be out and he'd clearly be caught. He had to be smart on the manner and only moved over to Echo to try and at least get back her to the sane part of the world.

Focusing his attention on her, he began snapping his fingers in front of her trying to catch her attention. "Aye, Echo." He spoke trying to catch her attention and frowned. He assumed today was a not so great day for her and the visions fixed on the bad ones. He looked up to the man who now hovered over the two and stared at him as he took care of another one of the inmates. Purely disgusting if anything. This man had moved with such a quick pace his eyes barely kept up with it and he even missed him pulling the Kunai and inserting it into the guys throat.

The guy was already gone when Echo had sat down. Yet he still spoke up, not loud enough for the man to hear surely, but enough. "And this is why this place is so bad. Because you people look at us like toys more then you would actual people." He turned away to focus on Echo once more. If anyone was having a hard day it was clearly her. He couldn't imagine trying to control visions like this and keep them sane. It was a tough case indeed and he knew that. His power is almost nothing compared to hers.

"I give you an option to those whose time is limited here. Join the Agency, join us and hunt down your own kind, or die, the choice is yours." The quote straight from the man rung in his ears causing him to get in an even grumpier mood. Had this guy really just told them to hunt their own kind? Today was a wonderful day in the Asylum. It was going great and it was more one problem after another. Next thing he'd know The Angel girl would strike out the power and get herself killed. Or the shape shifter could completely "wolf out" and go into a beast. Yet he wondered why he never took initiative and turned into a snake or mouse for that matter. If Bakari had that power he'd turn into a small animal and head for the hills. Surely there was some way out of the place right? A place where a rat could collapse it's bones into a flat shape and slip on out. He didn't know how the ability worked nor did he care but it was still something interesting.

Tho he could go on and note many different things on different gifted and way things could go wrong Bakari was sure nobody would act out with the 'freak' here dressed in fancy clothing. That man was quick. Much quicker then a normal human, but he questioned why someone of that nature would be in the Asylum if he was a gifted. And why he would outright kill another gifted like that. So he only assumed the man was just a quick human.

And that was when one of his thoughts completely played out. The man didn't "wolf out" but he surely acted like a beast and even had a small fight with the Agent which was over as quickly as it started, the Agent was bitten and the beatings commenced on the shape shifter. This place was a wreck in motion and Bakari knew it. Hopefully he'd be able to find a way out but for now he only had to deal with it.

Bakari snapped his attention to Echo and examined her. He hoped she had been fine and the episodes would chill out even in the slightest. None the less he tapped her shoulder only to grab her attention. "Aye, you alright now?" He asked with a concerned look.

Angel

Angel could feel the effects overwhelming her. She hated this but at the least it wasn't a full on pill so she'd hoped that it wasn't working fully for a reason and to confirm the thoughts the nurse had mentioned getting everyone out of this place. Sitting up slightly she looked to the nurse. Her face had said most of everything. She looked as if she just finished emptying her stomach but none the less kept her posture. The effects always hit pretty hard to start with but eased up after five minutes where she didn't feel as sick.

As the two made eye contact she nodded at the ladies question. "Anything I'd like to pass on? Theres plenty of things I'd like to pass on but for now, Just tell them it's about god damn time." Angel would have loved to speak her mind and give them an earful of what she thought but that would have to wait. She'd likely shock them just for the sake of doing it while bitching them out but she held her tongue.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Fantasy, Slice-of-life, and Parody
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ISIS AKA ALPHA/MOONLIGHT

It had been midday when the dark skinned women returned to the Asylum with her trophy in tow. Allowing the guards to take Red away, Isis entered the structure and navigated maze like hallways until she made it to where her domain was located. There waiting, as always, was Cleo. The straight laced women was sitting on the edge of the bed type away on the computer while miscellaneous objects floated around the room. Isis was disappointed, but not surprised.

"Miss Isis!" Cleo exclaimed excitedly, "Glad to see you bac-what happened to your nose?!" In a frantic motion the women was off the bed and rushing at the braided haired women. Isis, feeling herself start to become annoyed, took a large step back. Cleo froze. "Ah, sorry. You probably want space. Right. Let me just get out of here and go back to the office and-" Cleo was interrupted by a hand on her shoulder.

"First, breathe. Second, take your time. I'm taking a shower." Isis quietly stated, taking her hand off the other women's shoulder and striding over to the bathroom. Stripping, the women turned on the shower and stepped into the pipping hot water. She knew that she was going to have brake her nose back into place. Wanting to get it over with, the women placed her hands over her nose in a triangle like fashion and then added force. An audible crack could be heard throughout the bathroom. Blood mixed with the water as it spun down the drain. Already Isis could feel the mending begin to take place. Several minutes later she was out of the shower and in bed. The bed indented with her weight and a bed of pillows surrounded the women. Without so much as another though, Isis fell into an uneventful sleep.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Walking into the maximum security wing was breathtaking. He moved slowly taking in the large cells that had been made specifically for the gifted that they housed. Connor moved towards the first cell but the warden stopped him.

“Sir, are you sure you want to get close to them?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“They’re dangerous, how their gifts got this strong is still a mystery to us,” the Warden said looking at Connor almost trembling in fear. Connor sighed and shook his head.

“I will be fine, you may leave for the night if you wish,” Connor said to the Warden. “I shall take over your duties while you rest at home. I am sure your kids miss you.” The Warden’s eyes looked shocked but he managed to smiled and nod as he moved away from Connor and Jameson and left them alone.

“Chart!” Connor yelled as a guard hurried over to him to hand him the charts that contained all the information about the gifted in the cells. Connor moved over to the first one, Warlock. He stood in front of the cell and looked at the man inside. “Warlock?”

“Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer. You have my chart,” Warlock replied venom laced in his voice. “You’re far too innocent for this line of work, who did you sleep with to get that title of yours?”

“My personal life is of no concern to you.”

“Not yet, but when I get out of here it might. A pretty young thing like you deserves someone with power, someone with strength.”

“I highly doubt you’re the one to give me that, please stop,” Connor said as he looked at the man who had a smirk on his face.

“Relax, you’re cute and all but you don’t have what I like, besides I can pretty much guess why you’re here. Psion and Storm Breaker would be more suitable to talk to, I’m taking a nap,” Warlock said as Connor looked at him and sighed. He was rude, that much was certain. Still, his power was immense. There was no limit to it it seemed from the tests.

“I have one question Warlock and I will leave. You were caught because you were robbing a bank. I don’t understand how someone with your abilities could get captured or why you were robbing a bank.”

“Perhaps its just part of my plan, little boy with a silver spoon,” Warlock said with another grin that made the hair on the back of Connor's neck stand on end. Connor cleared his throat and stepped away from the chamber. He looked over at Psion and Storm Breaker before settling on speaking with Psion first.

“Be careful, his mind is powerful. Even under the influence of the drugs he’s keeping me out,” Jameson whispered into Connor’s ear. Connor sighed as he approached the cell.

“Psion are you comfortable.”

The man’s eyes flung open and latched to his own. There was a sudden push in his mind and Connor tried to look away, but he couldn’t.

“You are like a book little Connor. Your quite certain your plan will work, aren’t you?”

Connor looked shocked, but he managed to look away breaking the contact. Psion smirked.

“Relax ninja, your secret is safe with me as long as you know what you are doing.”

He cleared his throat once more and moved over to Storm Breaker’s cell who was sitting down meditating. He opened his eyes and looked at Connor when he stepped in front of his cell.

“I normally don’t get visitors as cute as you,” Storm Breaker said.

“Thank you I think,” Connor said not used to the way he was being spoken to. “I wanted to talk to you about your gift.”

“What about it?”

“Your power is tremendous; how did they catch you?”

“You’re like a kid in the candy store, aren’t you? Gifts manifest in different ways and have different strengths and weaknesses. Some are even thought to be godlike or even living deities reborn. You should know this as you’re a prime example. Your camouflage is quite interesting.”

“I don’t know what you mean,” Connor lied looking away from Storm Breaker for a moment before returning his gaze.

“You should be worried. There’s only so much I can do to keep him in here,” Storm Breaker said looking towards Warlock’s cell.

“The chart says you are brothers. That is fascinating. Our research hasn’t informed us of siblings carrying the gene.”

“Your research is flawed. There are better ways to find what you want to know and if your Agency would have listened to my pleas there wouldn’t have been bloodshed. Humans are so quick to judge, so quick to crucify what they don’t understand. I only hope with time they will come around.”

Connor stood there for a moment remembering what his master said before sighing and turning away from Storm Breaker.

“Will I see you again?” Connor turned to look at the man who had a soft smile on his face. “There’s something about you that I like. Be careful.”

Connor smiled warmly and turned to the guard who made jokes about Connor finding a boyfriend. The chart was shoved roughly into the guard’s chest before Connor left with Jameson following behind. Connor had to get ready for the interrogation.

Spoiler: Andrew and Connor 

Spoiler: Silus and Connor 

Spoiler: Bakari and Connor 

Spoiler: Angel and Connor 

Spoiler: Farrah and Connor 

Connor had finally finished the interrogations with all of the gifted he hoped would be ready when the time came. He smiled as Jameson moved beside him. He had gotten note that another gifted had been captured and he needed to go check on the individual to check them in since the warden was gone. He strolled elegantly through the Asylum until he came to the medical wing. Scanning in, he was approached by nurses as they gave Connor the man’s name who was captured and brought in. Connor’s eyes shifted slightly but his face remained expressionless as he nodded and signed the paper to admit Victor into the Asylum. He sighed as he advised the nurses to give him some time alone with the man. The nurses looked at him as if confused.

“Sir we haven’t given him a dosage yet,” the nurse said. Connor looked at the nurse and she knew she would silence herself unless she wanted to feel his blades. Word of Connor killing an inmate had already reached every section of the Asylum and most of the guards feared him while others respected him for what he did. The nurses feared him for his complete disregard for protocol. Nonetheless, the nurses left quickly and Connor closed the door. Connor took note of the camera that was in the far corner of the room. Jameson moved out of camera view before turning off the lights. In the darkness, Connor dismantled the camera before Jameson turned the lights back on.

“Victor,” Connor said moving closer to the man in the bed.

Having been stripped of his shirt, and then strapped to the bed the moment he arrived in the medical room. Victor could do little of nothing while the nurses gave him a sedative, and began stitching him up. It was like he was in a dream, he could hear what was being said but his body was numb, and he couldn’t respond. He was unaware of what was happening around him, but just as he was beginning to come to his senses he heard a familiar voice.

This voice snapped him out of his stupor, and he turned his head to see that Connor was standing beside him. Was this a dream? Why in the world was Connor in a place like this? What in the world was going on? All of these questions ran through his head, but it didn’t matter at the moment. He just smiled at Connor. “Hey Gorgeous. What in the world are you doing here?” Victor said as he became groggy from the sedative he was given. .

Connor managed a soft smile as he reached out slowly and touched the side of Victor’s face, his thumb softly grazing Victor’s cheek before he removed his hand and placed it back behind him.

“I could ask you the same question. You know why I am here, but why are YOU here? I told you to be safe, I told you to stay hidden. How did they find you?” Connor asked his voice low in case someone was listening. Jameson assured him no one was at the door.

Victor smiled at Connor as he leaned his head into his loves hand. Enjoying the gentleness of his loves touch. Once the hand was removed he gave a slight sigh as he looked into Connor's eyes. “I did stay hidden for a time, but the Master asked me to escort some of the gifted children he had found to one of our safe houses. Needless to say some Agents found me, and I kept their attention on me while the children escaped. I was able to escape capture at that time. At the cost of some pain.” Victor said as his eyes went down to his side.

Remembering what that bastard did to him, and how he almost passed out from the injury before he could get help. He clenched his hands in anger as he was trying to keep himself from blowing up. Once again calming himself he returned to finishing his story.

“Then that metal bastard caught me after a meeting with the Master. He lead me into a trap, and I was shot with a dart filled with that shit that blocks our powers. We fought hand to hand, but he played dirty and went after my injury.” Victor said as he closed his eyes. “If it weren't for that gifted they wouldn't have been able to catch me... Sorry that I have put you in this position.”

“Damnit,” Connor said softly looking at Victor with soft eyes. When he mentioned someone that used metal as a gift Connor’s eyes darted to the left as if he were thinking. He returned his gaze to Victor and smiled warmly. “At least you are alive. Do not worry try to relax and get used to being in here. Do not do anything to draw attention to yourself, I will speak to the one who captured you. If they are gifted then they may want to reconsider. Get some rest, I will return in the morning.”

Connor grabbed the chart that was hanging at the end of Victor’s bed and he opened it reading the report. A name stood out to him and his eyes widened, but he said nothing. “Jameson you are dismissed for the night, get some rest.”

“Are you sure?” Jameson asked.

“I am. Thank you,” Connor said as Victor smiled warmly before leaving the infirmary. Connor closed the report and left the room without another word, the nurses entering in shortly after. Approaching a guard, Connor looked at the man. “Tell me do you know where Gaius is?”

“Sir he should be in his room, he’s not on patrol tonight,” the man said as Connor sighed.

“Room number?”

“I don’t know, we aren’t exactly friends, he’s a freak,” the guard said before realizing a blade was at his throat.

“Watch your tongue. We use the word gifted around here, not freaks, not monsters, we say gifted when addressing someone like them, got it?”

“Ye...ye...yes sir,” the guard said as Connor moved away from him and headed to the barracks.

Victor was concerned by the reaction that his love gave after he told his story. He could tell he was thinking, but other than that Connor had become a master of hiding his true feelings. It was something that he had to do here of all places. He was starting to feel tired from not only the blood loss, but from the sedative they gave him. He might have been able to fight it for a while, but in the end it would be a losing battle.

Connor told him to get some sleep, and to not draw attention to himself in this place. This was something he was already planning to do. This would be a true test for Connor, and why now of all time would he have to put his lover through this? After looking at his chart Connor began to leave the room, but before he got too fare.

“Be careful. Don’t let yourself get caught just because of me. I will be fine. You take care of yourself and…” Victor was saying before he passed out once more just as Connor reached the door..

Gaius had quickly went to his room to changed into a long sleeve black shirt, and was now in the gym pumping some iron. He always did this after he had to go out and capture one of his own kind. He had to do something to get his mind off of what he had just done. He could tell the man was trying his hardest not to get caught, and that was why he had to be so rough with him. He was still not in good shape after the Warden and his lackeys got finished with him. So, his workout was a little shorter than normal.

As soon as he was done he began to make his way back to the dorms, but this process had one down side. The only way they would let him go was through the prison. Being forced to pass cell after cell of Gifted that either hated him for what he has done, or ignored him. He preferred the ones that ignored him. As he walked by the cells Gifted of all kinds yelled and cussed him out as he passed. Some calling him a traitor, and others just spitting on him as he walked by.

Not reacting to the taunts he just continued to his room. Trying not to think of how many of the Gifted in the Asylum were put here because of him, and how many of his own kind have been killed on the outside. Blood was on his hands, and everytime he was out on a mission he wished that he would not have to return. Giving a sigh as he reached the door to his room. Gaius just stood there for a moment not wanting to open that door. Once he did he knew it was going to be another night of nightmares.

“When will someone end this existence?” Gaius questioned himself as he reached for the doorknob, and opening the door.

The blade struck the panel that would turn the light on inside Gaius’ room. Connor sat on the bed staring at him with intense eyes. His glare was dangerous and he twirled an odd blade in his hand that gave off a weird aura.

“How many years?” Connor said his eyes flashing with anger as the blade soared through the air. It was made of shadow, but it was aimed for Gaius’ shoulder.

Gaius didn’t flinch when he heard something hit the wall and the lights turned on. What surprised him was the fact that the person that threw the blade was Connor. He was looking at him with what he could only describe as anger in his eyes, and he was holding a pitch black blade in his hands. It had been so long since he had seen him Gaius could understand why Connor was angry at him.

Before he could even open his mouth to answer his question the blade the was in his hand flew towards him. Gaius didn’t dodge, and allowed it to sink deeply into his shoulder. Still not moving from where he was standing he looked his ex-lover in the eyes. He was hurt, but Connor had every right to attack him.

“It has been over five years since we have seen one another.” Gaius said as he stepped into his room, and closed the door behind him. Whatever was going to happen he didn’t want anyone to interfere. Pulling the dagger from his shoulder he held it in his hands. He wanted to know why Connor of all people were doing here, and why he was the admin sent from corporate office.

“What are you doing here?” Gaius said coldly as he dropped the dagger to the ground.

Connor watched as the blade struck its mark, but Gaius hadn’t even tried to dodge or retaliate. He crossed his legs and looked away from him.

“Five years. I loved you and you left me and now I see why. You joined them to hunt your own kind. Why I’m here is of no concern to you,” Connor replied twitching his finger as the shadow blade shot back into his hand. “Why? Was what we had no enough for you? To leave me, abandon me without a word, silence for five fucking years. Do you know what that does to people? It turns them into poison, all innocence dies.” Connor quickly wiped a stray tear that had fallen and continued to look towards the wall.

Watching Connor’s reaction, and the fact that he believed that he abandoned him to work for the asylum hurt more than his aches and pains. Turning around and locked the door . He then turned closing his eyes as he was trying to find a way to try and comfort him, but he lost that part of himself long ago.

Though on the other hand maybe this was what he needed someone that could…

“I did love you. You were my world, but in the end something better came up.” Gaius said in a cold tone as he knew his would piss of Connor even more. “All innocence dies and is replaced by the thing we harbor more than anything. Anger, Rage, and loneliness. We all had to fucking grow up, and make decisions that were hard. You should understand this. You are no longer a child.”

Anger filled him, every inch of his body and he visibly shook.

“SOMETHING BETTER! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!” Connor yelled tossing whatever he could get his hands on. He turned and looked at Gaius. Without a word his hand collided with the male’s face as the sound of slapping filled the air. “I’m not a child but you, you are not the man I loved five years ago, you are a animal, and do you know what we do to stray animals?” Connor was only a foot away from Gaius his eyes showing various emotions. “Since you want to be a agent so badly let’s see how well you handle it with ME in charge.”

Pain was the only thing Gaius felt both physically and mentally. This wasn’t the reaction he was hoping for. He wanted to at least die by his loved ones hands, but that was no longer an option. Since it seemed like he was going to live at least he should tell Connor the truth. “Stray animal need to be eliminated, and that is what I was hoping you would do. Kill me instead of letting me suffer through the atrocities I have committed.” Gaius said as he was only inches from Connors face.

Turning to the right he walked over to the black dagger that was embedded into the wall, and pulled it out. Holding the dagger he walked back to Connor, grabbing one of his hands, and forcing the dagger into it. Though he didn’t let go of the hand in fact he tightened his grip. As he just stared into Connor’s hazel eyes.

“Emotions are a weakness here in the Asylum, and that is what all of my years here has though me. No matter how hard you try nothing will ever change. Judging by your reaction you never looked into my file have you? If you did you would have never shown your face to me.” Gaius said as he took a deep breath as he took the dagger and tried to force Connor to stab him with it.

For a moment Connor’s gaze seemed to soften as Gaius spoke. He watched him move over to the wall were the black blade made of shadows was embedded and yanked it out. His ex came back to him and placed it in his hand. Connor looked down at the blade and then back into Gaius eyes. He remembered those eyes. They used to hold so much love, so much hope and now they were void. What had they done to him? Connor reached up slowly with a shaking hand and just as he was about to place the hand with no blade in it against Gaius’ face, Gaius tried to force him to stab him by pulling the hand with the blade towards his stomach. Connor gasped and struggled.

“Why? Why do you want to die when there is so much to live for? Why do you want to die when I just found you again, when after five years our paths have crossed yet again and you want to abandon me AGAIN,” Connor said as the blade dissipated and Connor reached up grabbing Gaius by his neck. What happened next shocked even Connor as he felt the man’s lips pressed against his own. This was dangerous. This could jeopardize his mission and furthermore, he was cheating on the man he was in a relationship with who just so happened to be down the hall in the infirmary. He released Gaius and stepped back trying to process what he had just done. “You used to fight for love but now you give up so easily.”

Connor struggled against his pull, and stopped himself from stabbing Gaius. Wanting to end his life would be the only atonement for what he has done, to both Connor, and his fellow Gifted. Then something happened that was completely unexpected Connor grabbed him around the neck, and their lips touched one another. The soft lips of the one he loved was not something he expected, but he enjoyed. When the kiss stopped Connor backed away and that was when the cat was out of the bag so to say. Giving another deep sigh he closed his eyes.

“Four years. That is how long I fought for my freedom in this place. Trying to find a way back to you, but through those four years I endured hell.” Gaius said as he took off his shirt revealing all of his old scars, and some new injuries that haven’t fully healed just yet. The containment bracelet was now fully visible around his wrist. “I suffered through beatings, and the experiments they put me through to try and understand my power. I have been through things that test a man's convictions, yet I still fought as they slowly broke me.”

Gaius opened his eyes and moved past Connor to sit on the bed. He didn’t expect his ex-lover to follow him. He knew that after five years there had to be someone else by now. Placing his hand over the stab wound on his shoulder he applied pressure.

“One day I just quit fighting. After that they gave me a choice. To continue my daily regimen, or to become an Agent. As you can see I choose the latter. I don’t fight for anything anymore. I am not the same person you once knew. I have nothing to live fore, that is why I want to die. To atone for giving up, and hurting people.” Gaius once again looked up into Connors eyes. “How did you know I was here?”

“I….I am sorry Gaius. All these years I thought you abandoned me and yet you were right beneath my nose,” Connor said as he turned to looked at Gaius as the man sat on the bed applying pressure to the wound that Connor had caused. Moving elegantly towards him, he sighed. “You should go get it stitched up Gaius before it becomes infected.” Connor said showing signs of care. “You can’t leave Gaius, you have so much to do. I need your help more than you know,” he added before thinking on the question Gaius had put before him. How did he know he was here? That question was one Connor didn’t want to answer but he had never lied to Gaius, not once in the entire time they were together.

“Victor, the man you captured. He...He and I are together,” Connor said looking down at his hands as they trembled slightly. He sighed as he beckoned for Gaius to move his hand from the wound as he examined it. “It’s not too deep but it’s deep enough. Please, go to the medical wing, tell them I roughed you up or something they won’t ask questions.”

Gaius knew it was bound to happen, but it was still a shock to hear that he did find love in someone else. What made him feel worse was it was the water user he just brought in. doing everything he could not to make eye contact with Connor. “You had no idea what happened, so don’t fret over spilt milk. I am glad that you found someone other than me to love, and I am sorry that he got involved in all of this.” Gaius said as Connor pulled his hand away and looked at the injury to his shoulder.

“There is no need to have those nurses look at my shoulder. There is no way they would treat me. I will take care of this myself. I have been sewing my self up for about nine months now. Ever since…” Gaius stopped speaking as he raised his hand to the injury once more. Connor didn’t need to know anything else that has happened to him within these walls. “I don’t need to know why, but you at least need to be careful. If they find out you are a gifted…” Gaius said as he completely dodged the statement about him having so much to live for, and he doubted he would be of any use to Connor.

“I am aware of the risks, but you are as stubborn as an ox. Wait here,” Connor said as he moved towards the door. He was gone for perhaps ten minutes before he returned with a first aid kit and a needle to stitch Gaius up. He closed the door and moved over to Gaius showing a soft smile on his face for the first time in a very long time. Perhaps Gaius had that effect on him, granted he did smile when he was with Victor but they often fought due to his role in the Agency. Connor went to work cleaning the wound, telling Gaius to be still as if it were like old times. He carefully stitched the wound close, and when he was done he looked into Gaius eyes, those damn captivating eyes of his. He felt himself losing control. Quickly he blinked and looked away. “That should do it,” Connor said standing up. “You should get some rest, you just might find yourself in a new role soon. Keep your head together Gaius, it’s your second chance.”

Gaius just shook his head as Connor told him he was stubborn. Well at least that part of him didn’t change. With his ex-lover not taking no for an answer he left to go to the supply cabinet. While he was gone Gaius just stared at the floor. Was his life worth saving? Was there anything worth him living for. The only thing he ever cared for was Connor, and he was no longer in the equation. He had his own life to live and Gaius wasn’t meant to be a part of it any longer.

When Connor returned he sat next to him, and began patching him up. There was no need to try and fight it. Connor was as stubborn as he was, and when he puts his mind to something he gets it done. His touch was gentle and loving, but at the same time he could feel hesitation. There was no need for him to force himself to attend to him. Once he was done Gaius reached out for him, and grabbed his hand. “Don’t force yourself. There is no need to worry about the likes of me. But I won't let anything happen to you.” Gaius said as he stood up, and walked Connor to the door. He then placed his hand on the back of Connors head, and kissed his forehead. “Good night.”

“I am not without my weaknesses, and you, you are one of them,” Connor replied after receiving the kiss to his forehead. He sighed as he turned and moved away from Gaius’ room. He’d spent too much time there as is. No doubt someone would probably see him and question him, but for now he would put on a show, do as he was trained and help in whatever way he could. Was it too much to ask for equality?

NINE DAYS LATER!

The alarms screamed in the cells of the gifted waking them up for another day in the yard. Over the past nine days Connor had started implementing his plan. First was the pills. He hoped that those he spoke to would've listened to him. He had utilized Jameson's gifts of telepathy and had asked him to control the minds of the nurses, giving the gifted placebos instead of the real pills. So over the nine day period they would feel their powers return and in full force, but he hoped they wouldn't get big headed until it was time.

Next he had instructed the nurses who administered the medicine to Warlock, Psion and Storm Breaker to give them placebos as well. After each day, Jameson would wipe their memory of it and place a fake memory of them administering the pills. Jameson had a large role to play but he did it with stealth and precision. Now it was time to address them all, now it was time to see what would happen.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 07-16-2018 at 03:45 AM.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Magic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vencrom wakes up to a blaring alarm, a panel on the wall opens, and a tray of food slides into his cell. He stands up, rotating his spine. He hisses in frustration. Another day in this slimehole. He walks over to the food, and begins eating. He shakes his head in disgust, and pushes the food away. If I had my way... He sits in the dark and meditates, planning his escape. Just one day in the Yard, and I might be able to start a revolution... He knocks on the wall. "Can I have a recess? Just a few hours out in the Yard?" Please say yes.
    Last edited by Shadow_Dragon; 07-16-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    I stalk in the shadows.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast