Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Hunted {IC - M}

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Monday, July 13th, 2020

Eve nervously crinkled the paper beneath her. She hated the way it crunched every time she moved. Demetri and Maria agreed to give her everything she’d asked for, as well as room and board, provided she went through proper prenatal appointments. She sighed. Whoever was supposed to be with her kept her waiting for almost forty five minutes now.

Maria, she’d learned, was the head doctor. She specialized in emergency situations, life threatening shit. Demetri was a doctor of science, not medicine, and was actually responsible for a lot of the technology in the facility. They were both much to important to waste their time with this petty waiting. Eve groaned and lay back. The paper beneath her crumpled until she got comfortable. It was a pain in the ass convincing Silus not to come with her. Good thing, though. Twiddling his thumbs wasn’t an activity he enjoyed, and the oh so important ultrasound wasn’t until later, anyway.

Questions, peeing in a cup, vitals, all the boring stuff seemed to be what they ordered today. Eve eyed the clock. She swore the seconds were ticking by slower than usual. She was debating on changing out of the stupid hospital robe and leaving when the door finally opened.

“Good afternoon, sorry for keeping you waiting. I know no one likes these boring tests and vitals as such, so hopefully we can get through this sooner. My name is Jazmine, and I've been assigned to helping you out today.” Jazmine introduced herself, waving gently as she entered the room. One could almost smell the sunny disposition as she began checking through the clipboard and mentally ticking off the requirements. Going down the list she noted several of them were the basic one given to the intaking nurse. She had to momentarily wonder why she was selected until she took a look at the name and understanding dawned on her. Another thought came to mind as she looked over the info and a plan slowly formed in her mind.

“Now, I know most of the basic tests need to be checked off such vitals, so I was wondering if you would be up for a task, though it would be understandable if you said no. I have another patient of mine going through some mental and physical therapy, and one of the tasks is learning and working with those of different backgrounds. Would you be okay with partaking in helping another while I check in the basics.” Jazmine asked of the woman, holding the clipboard against her chest and awaiting the answer. She didn't want to presume she might answer in the affirmative, but it was an idea she was willing to risk.

Eve sat up when the nurse walked into the office. She quickly sized her up. She seemed normal enough. The woman was pretty, but not in a way that Eve felt threatened in anyway. That was probably the hormones. Maria warned that she might start feeling defensive. Eve scratched behind her ear when the question was posed.

“You want me to help someone because of my cultural background?” She raised an eyebrow. “Seems kind of racist but I guess so. Can I change back into pants?” Eve wasn’t feeling particularly helpful today, but she figured anything would be better than sitting around wasting time. Besides, she might be able to learn more about the facility.

“Less your heritage, more your personal life my dear. You may put on your pants, so I'll give you a few minutes to get dressed.” Jazmine smiled thankfully as she excused herself, giving her the time to get dressed before she would return so that her patient would have time to get herself situated. Once given the clearance she returned to the room, a man in tow.

“Eve, I would like to introduce you to Andrew. Andrew was one of the inmates that had escaped the asylum, yet he has spent most of his time either their or in a hospital. While he has come a long way, there is very things he can achieve within these walls.” Jazmine introduced the young man. The man's eyes lit up when he heard the girls name, but waited until Jazmine was finished with her introduction.

“It's good to meet you, I was actually one of the few tasked to help look for you through the internet.” Andrew spoke, giving a polite wave. Dressed in a simple pair of sweats and plain black shirt, one could see that he was rather eager to meet with Eve. Jazmine began her tests with confirmation from Eve, allowing herself to fade into the background.

Eve happily changed out of the breezy hospital gown. She had just slipped back into a pair of jeans and one of the Lazarus t-shirts Maria had given her when she heard the rap at the door. The dark woman stood in the middle of the room as Andrew appeared. For a moment, she froze. The name “Dead Boy” popped into her head, but she couldn’t be sure until Jazmine confirmed her thoughts.

“Andrew,” Eve said aloud. She knew she’d recognized him, but she had never known his name. Not only did this kid spend time at the Asylum, but he worked for her dad? And he helped find her? There was a lot she didn’t know, obviously, but she didn’t realize how big the iceberg was. It seemed like she’d just hit the tip when it came to uncovering Lazarus.

“I’m Eve,” she said, giving him a nod. She wasn’t a hand shaker. Kids on the street didn’t shake hands unless they were making a deal or breaking one. “So…” she began awkwardly, trying to initiate conversation. “You work for Dem- you work for my dad?”

The words still felt strange on her tongue. All her life she’d thought her parents left her behind because they were dead. She still didn’t know how she felt about that, but she didn’t want to bring up the Asylum. It felt like a safer topic of conversation.

“Yeah, he's a really great man. I could tell he was desperate to find you, to know that you were safe. I've only been working for a few weeks now, as I had joined after living with Connor for a month. It's really enjoyable.” Andrew spoke, glad that he didn't have to shake hands. What he had seen most people did, and it wasn't something he could partake in.

“If the wrinkles were anything to go to, he was really wanting to make sure you were alive and happy.” Andrew chimed in, feeling a bit odd. His father had cared for him while he could. But after being stuck in the asylum, he never heard word of his father again. Nor did he have much worry over it, as he hadn't seen him for over a decade at least.

“So, as an aside, and from what Jazmine mentioned, you wanted to meet other gifted.” Andrew commented.

Eve listened as Andrew spoke. Connor. The guy who’d helped rescue her. She cocked her head to the side when Andrew mentioned Demetri. “A really great man,” he'd said. Eve scoffed a bit. A great man who abandoned a baby. She just didn't have it in her heart to forgive him just yet.

“So it's real, huh? Lazarus.” She motioned to the facility with her hands. “The hospital is actually a big cover to house the Gifted? They didn't like, torture you or brainwash you to say all this shit?” After all the Agency had done, it just seemed a little too good to be true.

“No, they just wanted to give me a place to live and asked to study my gift. I've been studied before, and they are super nice about it, working with my schedule than anything else. It's really nice working with them.” Andrew spoke with a smile, a gleam in his eyes.

“I have yet to see a torture machine here, and I'm not sure how many gifted are here. Jazmine is a gifted, and one of the very few I can actually work with as she isn't affected by my gift.” Andrew commented, noting the slight blush on Jazmines face and could feel his own skin flush in response.

Eve listened to Andrew with her eyes slightly narrowed in skepticism, head skewed slightly to the side. When he was finished, she looked between him and the nurse. There were some sparks flying between them. Some probably would have found it to be rather cute. For Eve, it was just irritating. She frowned, still unconvinced.

“Sounds like they’re just trying to figure out how they can use you,” she said a bit bitterly. She remembered Andrew, and before he’d seemed like he was little except skin and bones. Truth be told, she remembered feeling pity for him, the only one she remembered seeing in a wheelchair. He almost seemed like he’d been on the brink of death itself. Yet here he was, looking healthy as ever.

Maybe she just didn't want to admit the truth. Maybe it was the lovey dovey glances Andrew and Jazmine kept shooting each other. The illusion of being an orphan whose only home was whenever she rested her head was all she'd known. And yet, there seemed to be half a dozen people so far trying to convince her that her parents were filthy rich people who made a living by helping others. Seemed like an awful bit of irony.

If, however, Andrew spoke the truth, he was part of the reason she sat here, alive and well, in the first place. Who knows where she’d be otherwise? Probably an incoherent zombie, still at the church with the man with addictive blood. She repressed a shiver.

“Why do you do it?” She asked, looking Andrew dead in the eye. “You could have hidden away. Why join up with these people? Don't you think they might have other motives to help you? Like they're hiding something?”

Eve had heard whispers of a group that truly did their best to do good. A group that worked in the shadows, aiding people with and without gifts. Could she really have landed in the right place, for once? Or was this just the most elaborate ruse of them all?

“They offered me a place to live, just to help me. As for hiding… that would be impossible. I've spent most of my life in some sort of hospital, or in that place. My gift is a curse to my body, and I can't fully control it yet.” Andrew spoke as he rested a hand on the seat nearby. With some focus on his part, a faint sizzle could be heard from the chair before his hand popped through a hole that had suddenly appeared.

“I can decay things that I touch, and with focus can make them fade faster. But this also affects my body.” Andrew spoke before revealing his hand to Eve, showcasing the shiny red and liquid coloring. Jazmine could be heard gasping and one could almost feel the gaze from her on Andrew.

“I could never really use my gift to hide, and with how badly in shape I was at the Asylum, I would never have survived more than a day before I started leaving a trail. With all that, they only wanted to learn how to make things resilient just so I could hold things.” Andrew spoke before heading over to the nearby sink to wash his hand down.

Eve silently fumed. She felt like an asshole, for one, but mainly she felt angry. She was pissed that Demetri, the man who claimed to be her father, spent his time and money on random Gifted that he didn’t even know yet it took him over two decades to reach out to his flesh and blood to do the same. Why?

She listened to Andrew wash his hands, the image of his raw skin fresh in his mind. She had a gift that could rock some people, but his was truly a burden. A terrifying, terrifying burden that she couldn’t begin to imagine carrying. She was never a touchy feely person, but the idea of not being able to interact with another human being on a physical level was just… lonely.

Maybe Andrew was right. Maybe these people were everything he claimed. Was it really possible that there was a group of people with power to distribute kindness? She wanted to believe, but the years of living under overpasses and in subways made it too hard to accept. Everybody wanted something. Everyone stood for something. What did her parents really stand for?

“Thanks for your help finding me,” Eve said eventually, after Andrew’s hand had been cleaned and taken care of. Her voice was quiet and her eyes were downcast. As much as she wanted to pretend things were alright, the drug dealer had shaken her to the core. Even if her parents had malicious intentions, they couldn’t have been as bad as that guy. The confirmed pregnancy was a suspicion that suddenly felt like a weight on her. Top it off with her parents re-entering her life, and it was just a bit too much for her to handle.

She slid out of the chair and gave Andrew and Jazmine both a nod.

“If you need me,” Eve said to Jazmine, “I’ll be around.” She held up the new phone she’d been given. They knew how to get ahold of her if they needed to.

“Take it easy,” she said to Andrew. She looked him over one last time, taking in his thin but healthy figure, the pinks and whites of his face, the lack of bags she’d seen before. Andrew’s gift could be dangerous if someone had learned how to use it properly, but he seemed happier and healthier than she’d ever seen him. Maybe Demetri was one of the good guys. Her eyes were clouded over with the flurry of thoughts that ran through her mind. Her parents made good on their promise of letting her meet some other Gifted. So far their story seemed to check out. There was just a small suspicion in her mind that wouldn’t be quieted until she could figure it out for sure, though.

Andrew watched for a second, having seen the anger flush from her face and the slight oddness when her dad was mentioned. Knowing what he had from the files, the family had been broken up since the girl was young, younger than her. He moved before thinking, his hand moments from tapping her shoulder before he stopped, remembering the rules Jazmine had spoke to him about.

“Hey Eve… I know it's not my position to speak, but… I really think you should give your father a chance. You're gifted with a family that cares, and I'm sure he had a good reason for letting you go. My dad did the same for me when my gift was exposed and I haven't seen him for the last twelve years. So… you should talk with him alone.” Andrew spoke, feeling that he had been butting into a situation he wasn't needed in. Call it a sense of loyalty to the man who gave him this job, or just a wish to see her happier than she had seemed.

“I'm always available to talk if you want, not like I'm going anywhere soon.” Andrew tried to finish with a joke, feeling it hang in the air as Jazmine just shook her head in despair.

Eve stopped when her name was called and turned to face Andrew once more. Her hand rested on the doorknob. She glared indirectly when the word “father” escaped the young man’s lips. It still made her angry to think about. She could have spent the rest of her life believing her own little fantasy of dead parents who died at the Agency’s hands. When he mentioned his own family, however, her eyes softened. His parents never bothered to reach out after all the despair Andrew had been through. She remembered his eyes from before, sunken and hollow, the eyes of a haunted soul that had been put through too much.

She'd been meaning to speak to Demetri alone, without Maria, without Silus, but the timing just hadn't been right. It just hadn't happened yet. There was a reverence in Andrew’s voice when he spoke about Demetri. The man had given him a home and a job, but there was something else. A sort of fire in Andrew’s eyes that weren't there back at the Asylum. Part of her felt bitter. He had an optimism, an internal joy she couldn't quite grasp that annoyed her.

“Yeah,” Eve nodded at his offer to talk. “You and me both,” she said, smiling weakly at his little joke. Humor was something she could appreciate, even if it wasn't that funny.

“Andy, Jaz, it's been real.” False bravado welled up inside of her. She still felt plenty of anger, but not at those two. They seemed nice. Genuinely nice. And they believed in Lazarus and its cause enough to work for them.

Part of her heart ached for the young man. His dad had let him suffer and never bothered to see how he held up. Andrew held Demetri in a high regard, and she wondered how close those two actually were. She opened the door and began to exit the room before stopping the door with her foot. Eve looked back at Andrew with a small, sad smile.

“Nice chatting with you. I'll see you around… Andrew,” she said with one final nod. The door clicked shut behind her. She took a deep, slow breath. Demetri had found her, better late than never, and it was more than Andrew's dad did for him. Maybe the bald kid was right. If nothing else, she owed Demetri a shot.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Archmage of RPA
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Chris looked around from his leap to see that Skyler hadn’t followed him. Was the guy an idiot? He felt the man pull away mid jump and then he was gone. Now Chris was in the middle of a forest nearby a lake. It was a home where he stayed when wanting to lay low, but now it was clearly unused and abandoned. Moss had covered the entire side of the house along with vines. Nature had clearly taken over. It was a beautiful place indeed and he had work to do. But he made plans on hiding out for a few days. Popping in just enough to tell Taemin and the rest of them to fuck off with their stupid ass shit yet he never showed up mainly out of fear.

The Agency was tiresome. They were sending him on suicide missions. Told either capture the Omega or die. Catching one would kill him anyways, so he was left with Option 1, die. Or option 2. Die. Giving a heavy sigh he shook his head his mind shifting back to Skyler. He wasn’t sure what the idiot was doing but he could only assume he was dead. Or worse, turned into a slave of some kind. But that was the man’s own stupidity.

His eyes focused to the old wooden home and he made a minor leap to it as he reached up and snatched a section of vines off. He needed to clear his mind, what better way to do it than to clean up and relax in a home he could call his own. It wasn’t really his but the ones who lived here before him were non existent. They were good people to him when he needed them. Yet one day they vanished and now he was here alone.

~Two weeks later~

Chris sat down on the porch finishing off his glass of Whiskey, giving a soft sigh he frowned. He had been thinking on the entirety of the situation, The Agency was fucking him hard with their stupid rules. Now he needed to make a stand. The Agency was going to fall for their stupidity and he was going to help lead someone in doing it. He knew just the guy to speak with as well. An old friend who he helped in the past. He helped the man snag some strange technology that was by far more than he could even think of understanding.

Looking to the lake, Chris made a quick minor leap into the field and took off running towards it. Giving a laugh the man made another minor leap and dove. His quick steps had landed him five feet above the lake. Diving in he felt the cold water coat his skin. He had to feel it one more time before he took off, it was great but soon enough the water ruptured and he blinked away.

Appearing only two states over, he was back in the grand city of New York. With his leap back the floor beneath him became soaked. Standing in the middle of the room, he took a quick glance before staring at a table where it appeared something had been worked on recently. “Still fucking with those droids….” Chris spoke before looking around the room once again searching for the man. “Nero! Where the fuck you at?”

It had been two weeks since Nero’s runin with Warlock and he was still not a bit happy with what had happened. Let alone Dianna’s reactions to the whole situation. His creations were supposed to protect him at all costs, and obey him no matter what. She failed to do that simple task, and because of that Nero decided to imprison her, and design some new implants that would make her more obedient. He didn't need something with emotions guarding him. Granted his androids were the closest thing he had to friends, but that is not what he created them for.

He was sitting at one of his desks with Angelo by his side. Though the android seemed a little distant Nero didn’t care. As long as he did what he was supposed to do. As he was working on a new addition to Dianna a motion sensor alarm went off suddenly in the main room downstairs. Someone was in his lab, and they just suddenly appeared. Nero knew of only one person that knew where he was hiding.

“Angelo, go and greet our guest, and bring him to my diving room.”

“Maser, Nero. Is it wise to show him that device?”

“It is fine. I am sure he has nothing to do with Warlock. He hates following orders, and most of all he… Just don’t worry about it. I will meet you there.”

They both stood up and left the room. Nero whent to where he would be meeting with their guest, and Angelo went down the stairs to greet their uninvited guest. As he walked into the room he say Chris soaking wet, and standing in a puddle of water. Shaking his head he approached Chris his footsteps echoing in the empty room.

“I am not cleaning up after you. So you better not leave that mess.” Angelo said as he looked at the man. They knew each other very well since this man was the one that brought him to Nero in the first place.

Chris looked to Angelo who had approached him shortly after appearing. “Angelo, hello mate.” He said with a grin. Angelo was his target when Nero asked for his help. He went in and got out with little detection grabbing the guy, Chris was still baffled about the security not having some kind of anti gift thing up at the time but it had been upped since his entrance and exit.

Giving a look at the puddle of water beneath him the first words from Angelo was that he better not leave the mess. Giving a shrug he laughed. “Piss off mate. We both know I don’t do cleaning up.” He said and made a quick minor leap behind Angelo patting his shoulder. “Have some computer thing clean the shit up. Or throw a towel on it, something like that.” He said and motioned towards the upstairs of the building. “Nero upstairs yea?” He asked and without waiting for an answer he disappeared from view.

Landing in the middle of the upstairs room he looked around and shrugged. “Come on couldn’t have tidied up for me? Your little bot down there pissed all over the floor! Should have seen it dude. Theres a big ass puddle and everything.” He said laughing as he looked at the man. Nero was someone who was a cocky bastard and had no issues offing someone but now, he was about the only dude he could trust. Chris had just hoped of all people Nero would switch to The Agency’s bullshit.

Angelo was about to tell Chris off but the man disappeared before he could get a word in edgewise. Shaking his head he looked to the mess once more and sighed as he went to go get a mop. He couldn't blame the man since him and Neo have a connection, but still he could learn some manners when coming into another's home. Though, he did find his laid back attitude a little refreshing since Nero has been on a rampage.

Nero was sitting in a work chair as Chris popped into the room saying something about Angelo making a mess. It had been quite a few years since Chris had come a knocking, and of al the time this was the worst. He was still in a bad mood concerning Warlock and Dianna and he wasn’t too in the mood for the loud mouthed visitor.

“No, this is perfect chaos. Don’t move anything. It is all in its right place ass hole. Besides it is not like you even gave a warning you were coming..” Nero said pointing to the couch that was clear of any debri. “Besides there isn’t that much in here.” he said as he got up out of his chair and moved to a coffee machine. Though he knew Chris would want something a little stronger. Getting him a cup he moved to a little fridge, and pulled a bottle of Rum from it todding it to Chris.

“So, after all of these years why have you decided to come a calling? Are you looking for work?”

Chris shrugged at the man when he mentioned how everything was perfect. Then he moved onto calling him an asshole and complaining about not giving any warning. “Well to begin with you told me if I need anything come to you.” He paused in thought for a moment trying to remember. “Then again I was drunk so….” Shrugging once more he continued on. “Secondly I need your help and that Order shit you're involved in.”

Moving around, Chris sat down on the couch and kicked back in it catching the rum with a grin. “Bottle of rum a day keeps the bums away!” He said with a laugh and watched as the man sipped at coffee.

“Anyways. The Agency is fucking me hard. And now they're likely searching to kill me. Could you throw them off track for me? I need some time to talk.” Chris was worried for sure and knew if anyone Nero could help him. When and if Nero threw them off he would explain his plan to wreck their shit and hopefully get out alive.

Nero only shook his head as Chris was speaking. He was right. He did tell him to seek him out if he needed any help. Though the question of what he was running from was the first thing that came to mind. However, what Nero was told was that he was trying to hide from the agency, and that piqued his interest. Sitting back he crossed his legs and looked at his guest. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was curious about what happened to a man that was never serious in his life. Not even on a mission. “Fine. I will get them off of your trail, but I need to know where you have been since the incident in question. That way I can remove all traces of you from the digital world and go from there. so , spill the beans, and I will get to work.” Nero said as he waited for an answer.

Chris nodded and shrugged. “Well I was at my hidey home thing I told you about before, The one in New Hampshire. But The Agency doesn’t know about that one so that should be good. I’ve been there for like two weeks. Lazaras Institute, to deal with the Omegas, Hm… All around New York. Hawaii about a month ago. Empire State House, has an underground bunker for our ‘meetings’ so I was there. I think that’s it?” Chris was pretty sure that was all he’d really been to lately. But he could have been wrong seeing he’d been drunk a few nights and may have blinked off into the unknown.

After Chris responded he took a hit of the alcohol and sighed. “Those stupid fucks have been toying with us and it’s really annoying. Send us on missions that would either kill us or severely injure us, then when we don’t die they threaten to end us for not completing the mission. And send us out a second time and when we didn’t pass this time well…. You can figure it out from that.”

Nero just shook his head as Chris spoke telling him everything he needed to know about where he has been, and some of what happened to him to turn against the Agency. “Man when you fuck up you don’t pull any punches.” Nero said as Angelo walked into the room. “Besides I never thought you would come here after such a mess up. Though, it is nothing that I can’t take care of, but it will take me a bit of time.” Nero said as he sat up from his chair setting down the coffee.

“Why not come along, and see my baby.” Nero said as he walked to the door. “Angelo escort our guest to my room.”

“Well Chris, shale we go into the next room? It is an honor for you to be invited into Nero’s personal chambers.” Please follow me.” Angelo said as he waited by the door to lead Chris into the next room.

Chris shrugged and took another sip of the alcohol. “It’s my secondary gift. Fuck shit up ask questions later. I’m a master at it you know.” He said before waving the bottle in Nero’s direction using it as if the bottle itself would prove his point. When Nero mentioned it would take time Chris shrugged and leaned back in the seat. “Eh as long as you wipe me from their stupid system that’s all I give a damn about.”

The man sighed and groaned before looking at the ceiling for a few moments. “It’d be fun, it’ll be a blast! Come help The Agency! They’ll pay you great amounts of money and you’ll get to play around all day with your targets. Just hunt them down and bring them in! You say yes and what do they do? They fuck the shit out of you.”

When Nero stood up and motioned for Chris to follow he looked at the man and shrugged with a nod before letting himself blink beside the man in a standing position. “You having a baby scares me you know.” He said with a small laugh before looking to Angelo who said it’d be an honor. “Please dude, I was invited before you even knew the kid.” He said half joking towards the android playing it off as if it was no big deal yet complied when he mentioned to follow.

Angelo just shook his head at Chris’ response. He may have known the man, but it didn’t make the fact that he had a mouth on him any easier to swallow. Ignoring his little comment for now he lead Chris to the main room. Inside of the room was a large computer that filled almost the whole room. There was a bed next to the computer and a sofa against the wall. Nero was sitting on the bed waiting for them to arrive.

“This is my pride and joy. The results of hard work, and injunuity. Not even the Agency has a computer this advanced.” Nero said with a slight smirk. Though even he was having a hard time accessing the Agencies main files, but it should be easy to eliminate all traces of this nobody from their computers.

Chris gave a whistle at the view of the computer it was large and clearly took a lot of work. “You and your tinkering shit. Keep it going and you’ll make a damn transformer soon enough. Giant fucking robot smashing through the world would be neat as shit.” He said and gave a smile at the idea. “Maybe you can upgrade Angelo here and get him a mech suit and everything. Use it to go fuck the Agency.”

Taking a step towards the sofa, Chris blinked from view and appeared just above the sofa letting himself fall in a sitting position onto the seat. “How long you been working on this thing? I don’t remember seeing it when I last saw you.” He asked as he gave the machine another look over. Clearly massive and amazing looking, he knew he could never even think of making one a quarter of this size.

Neor just shook his head at Chris at his reaction to his baby. Looking at Chris with a smile as he just looked to Angelo as he set back a little further on his table like bed. “Well my tinkering is what will allow you to disappear, but remember I said this is going to take time. So, Angelo will be keeping you company as I work. So both of you play nice. Then maybe I will reward the both of you later.” Nero said as he laid down and the computer came to life. Cables plugged themselves into Nero’s head. He instantly was transported to the digital world as he began to work.

Angelo looked to Chris as he was relaxing on the couch. He stood not fare from Chris or Nero. He was in between the both of them. “So, the Agency betrayed you. So, now you want to get your revenge is that it?”

Chris watched as Nero laid down and hooked himself to the machine only blinking and giving a soft laugh at the matter. “Now this is some Assassin’s creed shit here.” He said before focusing to Angelo who began speaking to him. “So the Agency has betrayed me, not once. But twice. Threatened my life on numerous uncountable times. And wants me dead. They want me dead, I want them dead. So I figured I’d seek out Nero for his little help. He has connections to whats their name? The Order or some stupid shit like that? I figured I help them, they help me. I can practically fast travel anywhere I’ve been before. And if I use my five leaps that I’ve got. I can take a total of roughly fifteen people to the core inside The Agency. And then let them go to town while I fuck around with the guards and shit.”

Angelo just shook his head as Chri talked. Little did this man know that the Order is under new management. Though, their new master just might find of use to him, but he will have to know what he is getting into.

“Well we are members of The Order, but you might not like to hear that our leader has recently changed, and I don’t know if you will want to offer your services to him. Especially since he was one of the Omegas that the Agency had under their control.” Nero said as he looked over to Nero. He wasn’t there when everything went down, but Diana was. From what he heard she failed in protecting their master, and is currently being punished, but what Nero plans to do with her was unknown to him.

Chris shrugged at first when he heard it was under new leadership. He didn’t care if they went under new management. This being said he took a large gulp of his alcohol only to pause mid drink choking on the drink before moving it from his mouth spitting up a bit of what he had drank. “One of the Omegas Agency had under control? Which one? I knew of three.” He paused still half choking before patting his chest. “Please say it’s Mother Nature. I’d much rather have him in control if anything.”

Angelo looked at Chris as he was not as complacent with the new leadership as he first was. His response to the comment about it being one of the Omegas was almost comical, but Angelo kept his laughter to himself. It seemed that Chris has probably had a nasty run in with the Omegas, and that was why he was now on the run from the Agency. “Well what a small world. However, the master of weather is not the one that has taken the reins of our organization. Warlock is our new Master, and lets just say Nero is not on his best side. In fact he almost killed him. So I don’t think he will be introducing you to Warlock anytime soon. That is unless you really want to talk to him. If you do, as soon as Nero is done I will take you to out headquarters, and you two can have a heart to heart.”

The man stared Angelo down when he mentioned Warlock was now in control and only groaned leaning back. “Of all fucking people him? Why in the actual fuck does it have to be him?!” The man grumbled to himself and sighed heavily. “Yea, fucker doesn’t like me either and nearly killed me. Did you know he can turn into a fucking dragon? Wild as shit and disturbing as hell. Freaks me the fuck out you know? So nah, I don’t think I’ll be having a heart to heart talk with him any time soon.”

Angelo chuckled a little at seeing Chris’ reaction about Warlock being in charge. Seeing Chris being serious for once was something he thought he would never see. Yet the realization of the man being able to turn into a dragon was something that Angelo couldn’t wrap his head around. Out of everything he has ever heard a gifted being able to change their form into something like that. “So, Warlock can turn into a dragon? Well that is a surprises who would have thought he could turn into a dragon. I have heard of shape shifting Gifted, but not a gifted with as many different forms to their power as Warlock. He just might be unstoppable. What else to you know about Warlock? Any information would be appreciated.”

Chris groaned once more. He hated thinking about Warlock, now not only was the man in charge and calling the shots on the one place he thought he could find a ace in the hole with, but now he was questioned about him. “Well the fucker can turn into a dragon. He can use spells without speaking. He can practically teleport anywhere he wants. He has this strange…...Strange fucking grasp thing that can freeze you in place. I can’t even leap out of the shit. The man’s really annoying and you have to catch him off guard, but in doing so is the problem. Agency only snatched his ass using his family.”

Angelo took note of the annoyance in Chris’ voice when asked about Warlock. He would make sure that he kept the questions to a minimum. However, any information he could ge on his masters enemy was not something he would miss. Yet, everything that was told to him the man had absolutely no weakness other than his brother. This was frustrating, but at the same time he expected as much. Someone with that kind of power actually having a weakness was not something he had high hopes for. “Well thanks for the information. Is there any information that I can help you with?”

When Angelo asked Chris about any information he may have he shrugged and sighed. “Not that I know of. It’s been two weeks, laying low from the damn Agency. Luckily, my gift gives me the ability to hop around places so I can get in and get out. Only had to deal with three agents so far and they were little bitches, dropped them in the pacific ocean. Then I returned to New York, grabbed food and shit that I needed, poofed out and back to the cabin. And well the rest is there.” Chris spoke before looking to Nero laying down and at the computer system. “So how longs the kid able to be in the machine now? Like 10 minutes?”

“Well that is your specialty. Though one day you might get ahold of a gifted that can use water, and then you might have a slight problem. Though it is a fitting end to the trash that follows the Agency.” Angelo said as he didn’t care if Chris took offence to his words. It was the truth. Anyone that turned against their own kind was trash in his eyes. However, this though it may apply to Chris as well, his master had a high respect for the man, and he wouldn't go against his orders.

“It has been a while. He is no longer that weak. He can dive into the virtual world for a half an hour. Though, as in the past it still takes a toll on his body.” Angelo said as he made sure Chris wasn’t planning anything. He would kill him if he did. That is if he could catch the little jumper.

Chris laughed at the android when he mentioned a gifted that can use water. “Well no shit, but you think the ocean is the only spot I can drop people? As if! Water user? I’d drop that asshole in the desert. I got places I know of out in Egypt and shit.” He could only shake his head at Angelos following words of ‘trash’ who follows the Agency. “Well, The Agency itself has it’s ways, and the bank. I don’t give a fuck honestly. I just do what I want at the time. They offered fun and it was fun for a while before shit went south.”

Looking over to Nero, he listened while Nero talked once more. “Half an hour? That’s it? Tell that fuck to practice more. Make it an hour then we’re talking. You can do that shit while he’s in that machine right? With Nano shit?” Chris asked looking to Angelo as he cocked his head to the side. “Also, takes a toll on his body? That’s normal shit. You think me hopping around like crazy never affects me? Please. Besides I can tap him on the foot and shit right? Does that affect anything?”

Angelo shook his head at Chris's remark. He must not know much about current nanotechnology. Though he did bring up a point that Nero didn't think of. Maybe he could use the tech to increase his time in the virtual world. Well he would at least bring it up to him. “Yes, using the power you possess does put a strain on your body, but for Nero it is a little different. Though you will see for yourself once he is done.” Angelo said as he walked over to Nero and looked down at his Master. “Why do you think he turned me and Dianna into Android's? Use your brain for once.” Angelo said as he just looked at the helpless man. Completely helpless. If he wasn't here the child would be completely helpless.

Chris shrugged and watched as Angelo moved over to Nero. “So he wouldn’t be a lonely fuck? I mean shit if I did shit like him I’d make some poor saps like you just to hang around. You’re at least part human so you have your human shit. So he must like that about you and that way he won’t feel all alone. So thats why I think he made you. But hey, he’s still a damn kid. So it could be because he needs someone to watch over his body while he’s doing this shit.”

Giving a light sigh as he looked from Nero to Chris. How little did this man actually know? Or was he just acting like an idiot. He hated being Nero's slave, but he had no choice in the matter. He was this child's creation so he could never betray him in certain aspects. He wondered how Dianna was able to fight her programing, or were they different?

“There are many aspects for our creation.” Angelo said as he took a step away from Nero and decided to change the subject. “So, why didn't you try and turn Nero into the Agency? I am surprised that you didn't try and turn him in.”

Chris shrugged at the mans words and took a sip of his drink. Watching Nero step away, he looked back to Nero just after hearing the next question. “Why didn’t I? Pfft! As if. That kid makes shit fun for me. I don’t stay loyal to The Agency. Fuck yea I could have turned the kid in but why do that? Then I’d be fucked here. I don’t make allies in just one place mate. Your closest enemy is your friend. Or some shit like that, however that stupid saying goes. I got…..Had ties in The Agency. Now they’re off to kill me and what not so that bridge is burned. I got ties with Order. Being you fucks. And I’m sure I got something going on with The Defiance.” Chris shrugged and stretched sitting back. “I have no reason to turn Nero in. Never did, and he’s an ally in my eyes. So…”

Angelo chuckled at the response. He doubted that Nero thought of Chris as an comrade in arms. Though he knew little about why Nero trusted this man at all. He seemed like an liability to him. However, that is not for him to decide. Granted he himself had made a decision that could be considered betrayal. As long as Nero never found out then he would be safe. He didn't want to ever experience Nero turning off his ability to breath again. Fear is what kept him loyal, that and his emotional.attachment to the child. He would never do anything to hurt him. Though he would love to have his life back.

“Well it seems you like to keep your options open. That is a smart move, but at the same time it is betrayal.” Angelo said as he then clear his throat. “So, what are you going to do now that Warlock is in charge?”

Chris laughed when Angelo said it was betrayal. “Mate it’s only betrayal if you actually do something to betray them. I didn’t do shit to Nero. He has a life I have a life. Just cause our lives caused a line of work against each other doesn’t mean I did anything against him himself. Worst fucking case scenario if I ran into Nero working against him, I’d throw his ass to Bermuda and leave him there for a bit. Come back when shit went better then I’ll take him back home. Not like I’d actually kill him like they ask. And if I was made to stab him in front of people, I’d do it and then leap his ass to a hospital instantly. Drop his ass in a room and shout for help. Then poof away before anyone knew I was there.” It was true Chris never meant to betray anyone. Or at least close friends. He couldn’t give a fuck less about anyone else.

When he was asked his plan, Chris could do nothing more then shrug. Pondering on the thought he wasn’t quite sure what he was going to do. “I guess roll with the shit, I’ll work on the side lines or some shit. Stick it out with Nero and see what goes on from there. Maybe I’ll hit up pretty boy mother nature and ask him what he plans on doing but hey! Who the fuck knows.”

“Well that is reassuring. Maybe it is that attitude that has Nero so trusting of you.” Angelo said as he looked down at Chris. This was a man that found no allegiance to anyone, yet he thought of Nero in such a manner that he wouldn’t have killed him if he had too. It made him even more curious about the man sitting before him. Also his plans for the immediate future did leave Angelo with a curious look on his face. This man had no real concrete plans for what is to come.

Angelo was about to voice his opinion when he heard Nero’s voice. “Well looks like you ladies are getting along.” Nero said in a tired voice as he sat up from the table, and the computer unplugged from the back of his neck. Angelo rushed over to his master helping him off the table. “You have been erased from almost everything. However, the mainframe of the Agency will take a little bit longer to get you out of it.” Neor said as he was slipping in and out of sleep. “Keep playing nice… till I wake…” Nero passed out in Angelo’s arms. “Well now you know.” Angelo said as he lifted Nero into this arms. “Nero is still a child, and his powers are far from finishing their development.” Angelo said as he placed Nero back on the bed to the machine. “You need to make a better plan for your future. Just rolling with the punches is not going to get you anywhere.However, if you are wanting to find Taehyung I am sure that I can find him somewhere in the city.”

Chris nodded to Nero when he spoke. “Yea, we’re playing nice enough. Might take Angelo on a trip to Hawaii or something and leave him there, bit to tense ya know?” He said with a laugh and grinned finishing off the bottle Nero had given him. When he realized it was empty he frowned and gave a pouting look. “Well fuck I’m out. Ne-” He paused only to see Nero pass out and shrugged setting the empty bottle on the ground beside him. “Nero is still a kid and his powers are beyond from finishing Development. I remember being as weak as him at one point. Leaping just once knocked the fucking wind out of me. Now look at me. I’m like what? Alpha class or some shit?”

He shrugged and stood up stretching. “Well I do thank Nero for letting me out, I may stick around till he gets up but eh. As for finding Taehyung? I’ll find his ass later. I found him before on my own if I need help I’ll get help. And plans for the future? Don’t fucking die is my plan. And I want to shut The Agency down and stop it’s stupid shit.”

Angelo just nodded at Chris as he spoke about Nero and his power but everyone knew if the Agency had their way they would all be in shackles. Looking at the man he could tell that he was thinking about his situation, and what his next move will be. “This fight is more of a game than anything, and we have to be one step ahead. The Agency needs to fall one way or another and I am sure that we will need to work together to do this. Though, if you need any help I am sure Nero will help you. So, If you want to stay then stay, if not we will be here.” Angelo said as he then pulled out a phone from his front pocket. “Though, if you need me call me on this phone.”

Chris listened to what Angelo and nodded. “Well I think what I might do for now is head out and see what I can find out about The Agency fucks themselves, and from there I’ll return and give what info I can. Hell we might be able to get two steps ahead and go from there.” He reached out taking the phone from Angelo and stuffing it in his pocket. “And as you said, I’ll call you if I need you.” And with that Chris disappeared from sight heading into New York. He would find something on The Agency and Nero would be a good help on things. But for now he had to figure something out.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Monday evening

John was grumbling to himself as his voice returned to him. When the sound came back he only paused and blinked before speaking. “ Ahhhhh……..About god damn time!” He made a sound moments before then shouted aloud from the small room he had stayed the night in. A few nurses peeked around at him, a few who thought he was a mute were surprised at his sudden exclamation but John didn’t care. Now he was able to do as he wished, and could speak freely without having Jenny fuck with him by speaking for him. It was annoying but he had learned to get along with the woman. For the most part anyways, they kind of had their own personal connection. Much like the face only a mother could love. Now that he could speak, he could make his plant in The Defiance themselves and work his way into things. But for now he was going to get used to his voice.

Andrew was finishing up his treatment just he heard the man shout, looking at the susrprised face of the other nurses. Murmurs went around as he noted they mentioned being surprised he could talk. Even Jazmine was expressing her surprise as she made her notes on the report. Looking to her, his question was in his eyes and so was her response before it was even spoke. She let out a sigh and allowed Andrew to go investigate.

“Hello, nice to meet you.” Andrew spoke to the man, giving him a wave as he entered, trying his best to be friendly.

John looked to the young man and stared at him for a moment. He looked oddly familiar and John assumed they’d met before. But that was rarely a good thing. He could only assume the boy was a gifted he had a run in with and wasn’t quite sure if the man even recognized him. But even so, John simply shrugged and nodded. “Hello there…..” It was an awkward tone when he spoke, but at least he responded right? This place felt uneasy enough.

Andrew could see the unease and understood why. Having a random person, especially one as him, was not the most inviting thing. He was still getting used to meeting new people, and this was one of the strangers ways to meet someone. Giving polite smile he motioned to the chair and sat down.

“I'm sorry for just barging in, but I was just interested in meeting you. You came in with the guy who could change his height, so I can guess you're gifted. Is it related to your loss of voice?” Andrew let out a bit rushed, yet had the decency to look chastened for rushing. In truth he was interested in meeting gifted who had lived on the outside, to understand what their lives were like. Some of the other people he met felt sorry that he had lived in the Asylum for so long. Yet he felt different than that.

“I hope you don't mind me asking is all.” Andrew added on as a second thought.

John was surprised by the boy’s energy and quickness at questioning him. But he mentioned his coming in and shrugged. “Yea, the guy said we can talk with this place about The Defiance and shit. So I wanted to ask about what they were doing, and what their plan was.” He said and sat down on one of the chairs in the room. “As for the gift, it’s not quite a pretty one, and it has nothing to do with my voice. That was off that bitch in the other room. Her and her stupid gift ripped me away from my voice for a day.”

“You seem like a very angry person.” Andrew responded after a while. He was surprised to hear one so vulgar, the last group being the guards at the Asylum. He had assumed it was related to them hating the people they guarded, but he was learning quickly that it wasn't always the case.

“So, if making yourself silent isn't your gift, may I ask what it is? It can't be as bad as you think.” Andrew spoke. He was hoping to show people that they offered more than what they thought. It was the ideals he had learned from Demetri, and they were rather helpful. Having a gift as destructive as his made it all the easier. Who could truly relate to having a gift that made it impossible to touch most other people.

John stared at the boy when he said he was an angry person. He didn’t think he was and thought he was rather nice compared to someone like Jenny. But nonetheless he ignored the kids’ comment not wanting to cause any drama, he didn’t want to snatch a gift and use it to fight his way out, it’d likely kill him in the process.

A few moments had gone by and he asked what his gift was. John only blinked as he thought about it. Not as bad as he thought? If the kid only knew how much trouble the gift had caused him over the years. “Well you know before asking other people. It is Polite to tell one of your own gift first. Then to ask another about their own.” John spoke up in a bit of retaliation to the ‘rude’ comment from him earlier.

“Oh, right. I'm still learning. My gift is decay.” Andrew spoke, fishing a small notepad out of his pocket. Opening it to a blank page he tore it out and held it up for John to see. With a bit of focus he scrunched up the paper between his fingers, filling the air with a sizzle. The paper began to turn yellow from his fingers and spread, slowly followed by the paper breaking apart and fading into dust.

Pulling his fingers apart one could see the now red spots on his fingers. He let out a personal sigh, knowing that Jaz would have to see him using his gift for pointless reasons again.

“I can decay anything I touch, and things tend to age faster around me as well. The doctor's believe I have so many health problems because of this gift.” Andrew spoke reverendly.

John watched as he practically destroyed the paper by touch and blinked in some amazement, as well as fear. This kid could literally decay his body and kill him in his sleep if he tried, and John would never know it. “Well then, that’s…...An interesting gift.” Was the only thing he could say about it, there wasn’t much more he could think of.

Giving a soft sigh, he knew it was his turn and shrugged. “My gift, I call it snatch. I can literally snatch your gift from you and use it to my own advantage. While it’s not as powerful as say your gift would be and has a time limit, I can still do some damage with it, and gain a basic understanding of the way your gift works.” He finished speaking and frowned a little. His gift really did suck, and he hoped that the kid before him wouldn’t use this knowledge to an advantage. But even so he was just as stubborn as anyone else and would put up as much of a fight as he could if it came down to it.

“That sounds like a cool gift. Much better than mine. You get to, share secrets if I remember, other people. It's rather awesome.” Andrew smiled with eagerness. He couldn't imagine being able to share and learn others gifts as his own.

“I mean each gift is unique to each person, yet you can share in that. Just think of what you could learn of other people, to help them grow and learn how to use their gifts.” Andrew spoke somewhat dreamily, just knowing how good it must be.

John shrugged and sighed. “Yea I guess it’s cool. Just really fucking sucks most of the time cause if I snatch the wrong ability it does nothing for me. And when I don’t have a good ability to use I’m stuck doing it the old fashion ‘human’ way where I either beat the shit out of someone with my fists, or shoot them. Most of the time it’s fists tho. And share secrets? Heh, I get a basic understanding of what they know. Only thing it’s good for is telling people what another person’s gifts are.”

Shaking his head, he listened to the boy speak and nodded. He could help people grow and learn their gifts but with the time limit he is restricted to how long he could help them. Then on top of that, he couldn’t surpass anyone in their own gifts. While he had a wide range of most people and how their gift worked, it still never helped him improve his own gift. That was something he’d long to learn to do. “Yea I guess you’re right.” He half mumbled glancing out the window.

“It beats mine. You can at least hold other people. I can't even touch people.” Andrew spoke, giving the older man a smile. He was surprised at how negative the man could be, though he gave that to be from his rather poor situation that dragged him here. In truth he would personally trade his gift for one so simple being able to touch anything without risk of breaking anything.

“So what really brings you to this place?” Andrew asked of the man, trying to bring the topic onto something better.

John looked to the boy and shrugged. “Sure enough you practice your gift enough you can control it better. Only erode things that you want to erode. I mean you’re walking here and yet the floor, and your clothes aren’t eroded so you’ve got some control I assume?” John spoke trying to reassure him but wasn’t sure if it would do anything good.

When asked what brought him here, John shrugged. “Like I told you, I’m here to speak about The Defiance and how that thing works. Agency sucks ass and I’m looking for some kind of change I guess.”

“Ah, well I'm glad you're coming to help out the Defiance. I have heard and known the agency to be bad people, but I am glad to hear that you're coming to the good side.” Andrew spoke with a smile. Knowing that the man was helping out the good guys was a relief to hear from a former agent. Looking back to his decayed fingers he realized that he should get those fixed rather quickly before Jazmine found out.

“I should get my fingers fixed, and let you get ready for meeting an actual Defiance member. So I guess I'll be seeing you around the place. Just, know that your gift if better than you think it is.” Andrew said as he exited the room, giving the man a polite wave.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

(Do you mind if I join?)

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

TWO MONTHS LATER

Two months had passed since the incident in front of the institute. News media had broadcast it for an entire month straight. The work that they’d put in to diminish the hatred towards gifted had backfired. Now because of the violence showcased the world was more inclined to back whatever the government issued as an excuse for discrimination.

The wind blew the tall grass moving it like a wave. A lone figure stood amongst the waist high grass. The wind seemed to change direction and blew directly at the individual causing the hood to fly back revealing the youthful face of Taehyung. He sighed realizing what he had done to ensure Connor’s safety. They were so far from New York. The lush field stretched out as far as the eye could see but at the end of it was a forest and within the forest was a house. That house belonged to Taehyung. A beautiful two story house with electricity furnished by way of an underground power line. It was a cabin to some, but his house had all the latest amenities to comfort Connor. He had to fight to get Connor to the house.

There was rejection, but after the institute had been attacked and one of their own killed, it was the only option now. So much had happened and yet it was all so fresh to him.

“Taehyung, have you heard from the others?”

Taehyung turned to see Connor standing a few feet away his arms crossed as if he were cold.

“I spoke to Psion. Everyone is so far apart its crazy. After the attack on the institute everyone scattered. The government is looking for everyone, but what can we do? If we fight them with force we are showing the world we are just as bad as they are.”

“Perhaps, but sometimes war is the answer to find peace. Have you sensed your brother?”

“He walks the abyssal plane searching for you, but the barrier placed around this place keeps you hidden. I don’t know what else he has been up to.”

======
    “FIND HIM. I want every henchmen I have looking for him.”

“I understand sir but the government is looking for him and you and your brother and everyone else.”

“The government is not to be feared. I will rend their souls from their bodies, now get me what I want.”
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

“Almost there. I know you got this.” Jazmine urged the boy on with encouraging words. Andrew gave a sigh and held up his hands again, taking a slow breath in as he focused inwards. He could feel the power flowing inside him, roiling under his flesh as he tried to reign it in. Years spent just letting it consume him had made controlling it harder, and with the added scrutiny of the institute, this felt important.

“It's so hard to control...” Andrew bemoaned his luck before his power slipped out of his control. The hiss of the chair decaying beneath him only emphasized his point. Jazmine gave him a polite smile before moving closer. Having become a permanent resident here to help had been a boon for the two of them. Along with her feelings for him.

“It's alright Andrew, you'll get it soon. You're up to an hour of keeping it under control.” She praised him. Andrew returned that with a smile as he returned her hug, looking out onto the forest. He had spent the last two months training to hone his skills. It was needed. People had gone from wondering if the government was wrong on their hatred, to doubling down after watching the unholy hell Warlock had unleashed. He didn't want to give up though. Knowing that only made him want to do more. To prove them wrong.

“Something big is coming. I want to be ready for whatever may come.” Andrew spoke as he looked to Jazmine. She returned his look before chuckling, a smile on her lips.

“I'm sure you will be. You've been improving so much, so I know things are going to turn out great.” Jazmine reminded him, a steady gaze in her eyes. Andrew returned them with a firm nod, knowing that no matter what they would do their best to survive.

“Now, let's get something to eat before getting back to it. I can feel my stomach eating itself.” Andrew spoke up, breaking the tense mood as he stood from his chair. Jazmine followed behind, locking up the ICU room as they made their way through. The halls were slowly filling with more people as gifted came here to hide, but it felt tenuous as the news had been trying to collect even more info from the place, though had yet to honestly find anything. It was calming in the turbulent times.

========
    *Jessica*

“One chai mocha latte with caramel drizzle for Abigail.” Jessica called out the crowd, placing the coffee cup on the counter. The woman in question replied with a curt nod before taking off with the cup, leaving the bar clear of guests. Chatter filled the room, people talking about the trends of agents hunting down more gifted, even the rumor of rebuilding the agency. That was honestly the last thing she needed now.

“Hey Jess, here to switch out.” Nora, the closing member greeted her as the door chimed upon her entrance. Jessica gave her a pleased smile as she pulled her braid free of her uniform. Psion had given her a chance to hide inside the cafe, but after a week she had started working here instead. The pay was way lower, the work more menail, and the rewards even less.

It kept her alive.

“Nothing more than the usual rabble today. We're running low on pot stickers.” Jess began relaying her info. She covered the morning shift, taking the morning and a good portion of the lunch rush before her day was done. Nora loved being the closer, able to handle the slower rush.

“We should go out to a bar tonight. Seriously.” Nora tried to bribe Jessica. She shook her head no with a smile, knowing better than trying to draw attention to herself. Even with dying her hair black and the makeup she had started wearing, she was still suspsious there were agency and the order members looking for her. It was not a life she was going back to.

“Sorry, I got training to do. This body needs work.” Jessica replies as she hung up her apron and headed up to her apartment. Her routine was simple. Work, train, shop and rest. Easy to follow, easy to do.

It made things less complicated, and she was more than happy to keep things calm and simple. It also helped pass the time. She was getting ready for a war she knew was coming, and when Psion came calling she wanted to be ready for it. It was going to be hell, and she was not going to go quietly.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The sun was shining through the window of the apartment that Gaius was taking residence in. In fat it was the same place he was living before Connor invited him to his home in the woods. As the sun hit his eyes he awoke with a mone as he turned over to block the sun from his face. He had a couple more hours before he needed to get up, but he couldn’t fall back asleep his mind drifted back to the incident that happened two months ago.

Gaius didn’t keep track of how long that Connor took to invite him into his room that day, but when he finally when in he could tell that he was not accepting what had happened and what was happening to him. Sitting next to Connor he tried to comfort him by telling him that it wasn’t his fault and that what was happening to him they would get through. However, something happened and he could see a slight change in Connor and thus the fighting began. The argument escalated when Connor told him he would never understand what was happening to him. Form there everything went by so fast. What stopped the fight is when Connor said four little words.

“I don’t love you!”

Once those words were spoken Gaius stormed out of the room without saying a word. He left the institute without even looking back. Granted the words were spoken out of anger, but it still hurt and getting away was the only thing he could think of at that moment. When he finally returned to the city he moped around for about a week. However, there was still things he needed to do, and that motivated him to get his sorry ass out of bed and to get going. He needed to survive so he dyed his hair black and changed his eye color to green with contacts.

It was about time for him to go to work at a small privately owned coffee shop that didn’t asked about his background. They just hired him to do odd jobs around the store. Getting out of bed he got dressed n some of the old clothing that was in the apartment, and began his trek to work. He had cut all ties with the defiance so he was on his own now. All he wanted to do was live his life in peace, and maybe one day after this was all over Connor might come back, but the way he left things he doubted the young man has even though about him since that day.

Gaius had finally let that part of his life go. He had to in order to be able to live his life. Now he was nothing more than a fix it man at a small mom and pop store. He was never going to return to his old life. He would rather die than have to live like that. So, he isn’t hiding, but he isn’t making a scene either. He made his way to his job a little earlier than normal since the owners needed him to run an errand.

---------

After Warlock insisted that they find Connor Victor decided to leave the city to check all of the placed Connor told him that he wanted to visit one day. It was the only lead he had, and he would follow it. No Longer was he hiding in the shadows waiting for this war to begin. He was now going to do what he needed to do in order to be able to live his life without fear. Putting his faith in Warlock he would find Connor. The key to destroying the Agents and the people that are controlling him.

Skyler had taken a different approach to finding Connor. The Gifted known as Gaius was Connors lover at one time, and he figured that even if the man had no idea where his target was they could use Gaius to flush out Connor from the hole he was hiding in. However, the little rat was sneaker that he though, and he would need a little help in finding him.

At the moment he was at a local coffee shop that he frequented since he returned to the city. He had placed feelers throughout the city through the connections that he had, and now he was just waiting to get a hit. However, as luck would have it today was his lucky day. Because out of the blue a man walked into the coffee shop that looked a lot like Gaius but with different hair color.

The man didn’t see him since he was in the back corner and out of direct view. So, he had no idea at who was in the shop. Gaius just walked over to the counter and meet up with the female owner that handed him a package. Telling him that he needed to deliver it to her daughter. Nodding his head the man left the shop and Skyler left only a minute after him. He didn’t want to lose him. Not after finally finding the man.

Gaius took the quickest route to where he needed to take the package not knowing that he was being followed. Once he delivered the package he turned around to come face to face with Skyler. Freezing in his tracks he just stared into his eyes as he took a step backwards.

“Mr. Gaius. Is there something wrong?” The young female voice asked as she saw him stop. It almost looked to her like he was shaking.

The voice caught his attention and he didn’t want her to get involved. He turned his head and gave a slight smile. “Nothing is wrong. Go back inside. This man is an old acquaintance, and he just startled me a little.” Gaius said as he walked over to the man and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Shale we get going?”

“Sure. We have a lot to catch up on.” Skyler said as he turned to follow Gaius as he lead him out of the area and to an abandoned building. They both knew this wasn’t going to be pretty but at least no one will get caught in the crossfire now. At least that is what Gaius hoped.

“Well keeping low for this long I have to commend you. Though you should have left the city. If you did I wouldn’t have been able to find you. However, lucky for me you didn’t.”

“How did you know I was there?”

Skyler chuckled a little as he began walking around Gaius.

“I didn’t know you were there. It just happen I visit that coffee shop everyday around the same time. So, here we are.”

“Well it seems my life keeps getting drawn into this battle. I just want to live in peace. So, on that note what in the fuck do you want?”

Skyler just chuckled as he stopped behind Gaius grabbing his shoulders and moge close to his ear as if to whisper a secret to him.

“We only want one thing. We want Connor, and you are going to lead us to him. You are nothing but a stepping stone to get what we truly want. So, if you come with me willingly I will make you stay as painless as possible. That is as long as you play nice.”

“Play nice. You mean give you information I don't have!” Gaius said as he didn't react to the fact that this man was so close to him. He wanted to react but he had no idea what this man was capable of yet alone if any of the others that were on that too are here as well. “Me and Connor parted ways. I have no idea where he is at. So, if you don't mind get the fuck away from me and bark up another tree.”

“There is more than one way to skin a cat. You just don't know it yet. Besides. Like I can trust you to tell the truth. People will say anything to get what they want. So…”

Skyler tightened his grip on Gaius’ shoulder as he abruptly turned him around making the man lose his balance. Then Skyler punched him in the abdomen. “You are coming with me whether you like it or not.”

Gaius cringed as soon as the fist made connection, and coughed slightly from the impact. He pushed Skyler away as he ran over to a metal beam and dissolve it. He didn’t have time to allow his body to move sluggishly. Forming the metal into a lance he looked at the man.

“Leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you, or any other organization. Connor has made his choice, and so have I” Gaius said as he stayed on the defensive. Granted he made the decision to try and push Connor out of his mind, but he still loved him that would never change. He just wanted to be left alone.

Skyler smiled as he walked towards Gaius. “I know what you are capable of, but you have no idea what I am capable of. You will be coming with me no matter what you may think or do.” Skyler said as he snapped his fingers. Now the battle began.

--------

Nero was still not happy with everything that has happened between him and Warlock. However, he still needed to stay on his good side for now. That is the only reason he hasn’t punished Diana as much as he should have. Though, as soon as Warlock was out of the picture Diana would become ‘Srap’ and returned to the scrap pile. He didn’t need defective material. At the moment he had been summoned to Warlock’s place for some reason, and was told to bring a computer.

Guessing that there was something that his new ‘Master’ was wanting him to look up he figured that playing nice might give him an edge. So, he packed up one of his personal laptops, as well as a couple of other devices that he might need.

“We are going to make this quick. I am not wanting to be out of my home for too long. So, let us get this over with.”

“As you wish Master Nero. However, what about Diana?”

“Don’t you dare worry about that defective piece of machinery. I will deal with her later.”

Angelo was not to happy with what Nero said, but he knew what would happen to him if he pushed his master any further. So he bowed politely, and picked up all of the bags taking them to the car. Driving to where Warlock told them to meet him. Nero got out of the car leaving Angelo to brig all of the bags. Walking into the building and down a hall he entered a dimly lit room and looked around for the one that summoned him.

“I am here. So, what do you want me to do?”

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Silus*

With the end of the Institute came the end of Silus's patience with the city. His father-in-law was killed and he quickly fled with Maria and Eve. It was a fight, but eventually he convinced them to follow him back to the woods. Eve's pregnancy was going quicker than expected, but two Gifted creating a child was always unknown territory. Could have both parents powers, neither, no power at all or a completely different one. Not even the best in the Institute could guess.

But it didn't matter now, the rapid gestation gave them the means to find out the child's gender and who the father is. Silus and Eve were gonna have a boy and Silus was for sure the father. And now they were living back at Black Hawk's homestead. Maria picked up the woodland skills quickly and like Eve his Wolves had grown to accept her.

And while they were sure they couldn't avoid the oncoming war forever Silus was sure if it came calling he'd be the only one to answer it. He wasn't going to let his new family come to harm. For now though he would simply pray to the spirits to keep them hidden from the evils of the city.

*Salazar*

Being an expectant father was never something Salazar or any of his personalities thought would happen. Nor did any of them think it was possible, but here they were in the Merc's hidden bunker. Taipan was getting bigger each week and her personality has softened a great deal. She said it was a nesting instinct she never thought she had and Salazar found himself stabilizing. The Solider was primarily in charge while the Agent and the Maniac sat back mostly their mad voices quieting and seemingly joining the Soldier's in thoughts.

They've heard rumbles of the war reaching a fever pitch. But neither had any intention of joining in. Sal's bunker was off any and all radars and only he and now Taipan knew about it. It was as safe a place as this world could offer. And with the the Omega's happily settling into a domestic life underground, they hoped it would stay that way. Though they both knew it wouldn't be that simple especially if Warlock went full monster and wanted to make the world burn. Sal would fight if he had to, but Taipan wanted to protect her unborn child so she planned to stay put. For now she was sleeping in their bed just wearing a pair of panties, her belly already swollen with child while Sal was making dinner for later.

*Jenny*

"Gone before shit went south." Was all Red Jenny said and thought when she was questioned by Myrtle and then again by Brick when asked about the explosion at the Institute. Like everyone else she's heard about from the Institute she'd been in hiding since the place was burned down some and a lot of people killed. She couldn't find John, but was sure he had made it. That fucker was like a cockroach he didn't die easy.

Luckily she had left a few days before it got blown up. Afterwards she had fled for the Farm House then back to Brooklyn, it was business as usual for her and the Crew. And with everything being in chaos cash was rolling in by the bag load. Jenny was working hard while keeping her head down, the Agency was in ruins as far as she was concerned, but that just meant out-of-work Agents would be looking to cause trouble. Her urchins had already reported some confrontations, luckily they were smart and ran off as soon as they could leaving Brick's and his thugs to handle them.

Red Jenny and her crew represented the normal citizens, and like everyone else they were going out of their way to avoid the Omega trouble but knew they couldn't run away forever.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Archmage of RPA
    Depends on the day
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Angel-

Angel had her small adventure and was returned to the institute before the attack had even happened. Taehyung had told her that he would be in contact with her soon enough and before she knew it he was off with Connor, but everything changed when Warlock attacked. Or who she assumed was in the lead of the hell that went down. There were casualties everywhere and before she knew it she was forced to take off into hiding.

Two months had gone by feeling as though it was a hundred years, it had been a while since she was left to do things like before. Fend for herself, relying on sneak and theft for food and clothing. It all came back rather quickly and easily. In just a week she had used her gift aid her in snatching enough cash to float her for the first month. Sleeping in the alley ways wherever she could find a place to nap. It felt natural to her in the end.

As she slipped out of a store after snagging a pair of jeans and tank top, the girl froze looking down the street, she never liked altercation but sadly enough there was a pair of agents just down the street forcing an obvious gifted into the back of a van. The man seemed be trying his best to sling fire at the guards but they were prepared and quickly jabbed him with a thick syringe silencing his powers. Giving a sigh she made a quick move over to them stuffing her hands in her jean pockets giving the men a sly smirk showing her cockiness. “Yo dick wads.” she shouted towards them only to be met with glaring eyes, the two men simply shrugged her off and went back to the boy. “Move along ma'am official government business.” Spoke one just before Angel sent a quick spark his way shocking him in the rear, when he shouted in pain Angel giggled and shrugged. “Official business my ass, leave the kid alone. Surely I'm a bit more important yeah?” She asked before letting a small wave of electricity wrap her arms pulsing down before fading away. “Agency right? Gifted right?” She asked the two men as they took no time at all to rush her, of course she was ready for the matter and quickly side stepped and struck one with a charged palm thrust the next one fell all in the same. Giving the fire kid a soft smile she waved and wandered off leaving him in the half open van.

Chris-

The institute was like a shot heard around the world. It wasn't long before the entirety of New York along with the following states had heard of it, yet Chris had no mingles with the place so it didn't bug him one bit, he was off having a drink watching the building fall as it all happened. To his belief if had to do with The Agency and what not so he wanted to stand clear from it. The only reason he was able to sit out in the open and drink as he was, was simply from Nero wiping him from the Agency Mainframe. Even then he was still noticed by a few here and there and had to escape.

Only two months had gone by and Chris had finally settled himself which meant Nero's little 'idea' of payment for his help was thrown at him. As he blinked into the building Chris began wandering the halls looking around for a huge computer, supposedly it held not only information but the components to make the machine was insane and would help Nero greatly with his own.

After wandering about for a good hour, he made his mission nice and clean, he found the machine, boxed it up into a few different boxes, and he was out. Letting out a sigh of relief he dropped the final box of computer mess onto the table with the rest glancing around the kid. "Normally the kid would be in here bugging me now about leaving a mess. Where did he go?" He questioned the air but frowned and began hopping around the home room to room. "Aye, Nero! Where the fuck is your ass at?" He called out only to hop to the next room and so forth calling his name each time.

It took Chris a good ten minutes to hop around before he paused entering a cell room where Diana was held, before he blinked from view he paused seeing the figure giving her a smile and a soft whistle. "Aye how you doin?" He said in a mocking tone and blew a kiss before laughing. "Fancy seeing you here, fuck up again yeah?" He asked and didn't wait for a response before taking a sip of the bottle he found while jumping around. "Wheres the kid?"

John-

John, just like Jenny was in and out before 'shit went south' as the woman put it. But it had taken a bit longer for him to get right on to the ranch. The only place he figured he could go, while Jenny was there for what he assumed a week, he gave a swift knock on the door only to be greeted by Myrtle who glared at him all while peeking about behind him. "Didn't bring any of those stupid fucks with you did ya?" She asked waving the shotgun in her hand around it was a toy. John in return shrugged and shook his head. "You know damn well I didn't bring anyone with me, let me in before someone comes snooping about would you?"

The woman glared at him for his rudeness but smacked him with the barrel of the shotgun letting him inside. "Fine but your on shit duty for the first week with that attitude." Was all she said before the two went down into the basement. John's first move from that point was to find his target. After that he would make his appearance known and go from there.

It had taken him a few but he finally locked eyes on Jenny who seemed to be taking a quick relaxing moment from the farm work, using the opurunity he quickly slipped up behind her and gave a quick yet hard smack on the rear and to zap her gift away all at the same time. His action didn't go ignored as he received a heavy smack across to his face. Normally the feeling stung but it was actually nice to feel something familiar for once. "Fucking bitch left my ass to die back there ya know that?" He spoke ignoring the stinging in his face giving her a glare.
    Last edited by Kiro Akira; 01-08-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Gaius, Skyler, Victor, Warlock

Gaius awoke in a dimly lit room. His head hurt and he tried to place his hand on his head. However, he found that he was unable to move. He was secured to a wooden chair, and had no metal anywhere near him. Shaking his head to try and clear the fog and headache All he remembered was fighting the man named Skyler, and his power was stronger than Gaius could imagine, and he still didn’t know exactly what had happened to him. All he knew was that he lost, and now he was in a strange place. All he could do now was wonder what was going to happen to him now.

Moments later a door opened allowing light into the room that was dimly lit. Then suddenly the lights turned on and blinded Gaius. As his eyes began to adjust to the bright light he saw a figure approaching him from the far side of the room. When his eyes finally adjusted to the light he saw who was now only four feet from him. Victor was standing in front of him and the look on the mans face told Gaius everything he needed to know. He blames him for Connor leaving Victor.

“You are the source of all of my problems. You are the reason I lost everything. It is all because of you.” Victor screamed as he looked at Gaius the source of all of his problems.

“I can’t be blamed for what happened. I never imagined I would ever run into Connor…” Gaius’ explanation was cut short as a fist slammed into his chest knocking the wind out of him. Trying to catch his breath as Victor removed his fist from the man’s chest. As Gaius was coughing Victor took a step back.

“What in the hell would you know. If you never existed I would have never have lost the man I love. You… You…” Victor slammed his fist against Gaius’ jaw in pure anger splitting the man’s lip. “You are nothing more than a piece of trash that should have never been born.”

There was nothing that Gaius could say to try and convince Victor to not hold this against him. This was not his fault. Connor had told him that he didn’t love Gaius anymore. There was noting that he cared for anymore. So, whatever happens he didn’t care. If Victor killed him at least his pain would be over. However, he doubted that they were going to kill him. They wanted to use him to find Connor.

Suddenly water wrapped itself around Victors hand as he looked at Gaius with contempt and anger. Victor was about to attack the man he blamed for everything wrong in his life. When the door opened once more and another man walked into the room.

“Now Victor. You know that Warlock would not approve of your course of action. That man is the key to finding Connor. He is no good to us dead.”

“What would you know Skyler? Would you let someone that took everything from you to live another moment? This man is a plague that needs to be cured.”

“Now, now that is not the plan. Connor won't come if the man is dead. You would hate to make an enemy of Warlock would you?”

Victor turned around looking at Skyler as the man remained calm. He had been sent to keep this man from killing their precious little bargaining chip alive. He knew all good and well that Victor wanted him dead, and that wouldn’t work.

“Just keep calm Victor. You are wanting to see Connor again right?”

“Fuck you Skyler.”

With those words Victor calmed down a little and moved away from Gaius as the sound user moved in to look at Gaius. As he examined the man he could tell that he was hurt in more than one way. His emotions were running high even more than when they fought. Reaching out to grab Gaius’ face to force him to look him in the face.

“You told me that Connor and you seperated. Why would he throw you away?”

Gaius tried to pull his face away from Skyler’s grip to get away from the gaze of the man that questioned him. However, he was still trying to catch his breath so he didn’t have the strength to fight the man at the moment. So, he was forced to look the man in the eyes. Shaking his head no he was refusing to answer that question. He refused to answer why they are no longer together. Besides he didn’t want to believe that he was thrown away.

“Go… to… hell.”

“Now that is not nice. Though I can understand. No one wants to believe that the person that they love abandoned them. Even Victor thinks like you. Two men in love with the same person, and abandoned by the same person. Yet you are protecting that man. For what I wonder.” Skyler said as he just chuckled slightly. As he released the young man’s chin as he dropped his head Skyler turned his back to Gaius and moved towards Victor.

“Don’t do anything to him. Master Warlock wants to have a word with him.” Skyler said as he looked at Victor as the other man didn’t respond to what he was being told. Their eyes locked and not another word was said. Skyler left the room and returned to Warlock to report that he had found Gaius a link to being able to find Connor.

Victor looked back to Gaius as the man had finally caught his breath and was looking towards the ground not wanting to make eye contact with the man. This only made Victor more angry at the captive. Walking back to where Gaius was sitting he grabbed the man by his hair and used it as a handle to force the man to look Victor in the eyes.

“You deserve to die. No live and make more problems for innocent people like me.”

“You caused your own problems. There is no reason to place your misbeliefs on me. We both lost…” Gaius began to choke as Victor took his free hand and wrapped it around Gaius’ throat cutting off his air. Victor was going to kill Gaius now. Even though he knew Warlock was wanting to speak with the child. His need to see this man die was the only thing he could think of. Wanting to watch as the light faded from his eyes.

Victor was ripped away from Gaius, thrown into the wall and pinned there. Warlock appeared in the room glaring at him. His eyes flickering dangerously.

“I expect more from you Victor. As my protege, I asked you to guard him, NOT kill him. He is key to bringing forth the darkness. When the time is right you will get your revenge. Until then guard him ONLY!” Warlock said his voice causing the room to vibrate. He looked to Skyler and turned his attention on Gaius. “If you tell me what you know I will heal these wounds of yours, but if you keep anything from me I will make sure that agony visits you. Now speak.”

Gaius was struggling against Victor’s hold as the man tightened the vice-like grip. As his vision was beginning to fade suddenly Gaius began to violently cough and gasped for air as Victor hung from the wall. Gaius barely heard what Warlock was saying to Victor as he continued to catch his breath.

Victor hit the wall and heard Warlock speak. He hung his head down as a form of apology. Knowing that he went against what his master wanted. However, the hatred he felt for Gaius was more than he could handle. He wanted him dead, but he knew that Warlock had plans for this man. “Sorry.”

As soon as Gaius was able to breathe halfway decently Warlock spoke again. Yet this time Warlock was speaking directly to him. Looking directly into the wizard's eyes just as he made his threat. Gaius was not one to surrender easily. Even when he was tortured by the agency it took them a long time to break him. Closing his eyes he shook his head in disagreement. He wasn't going to give this man what he wanted. Even though he had no idea about anything there was no way he would bend to this man’s will. “There is nothing that you can do that will loosen my tongue. So, you might as well kill me now.”

“Good, you still have some fight in you. It will only hurt you more in the end. Connor will be mine Gaius and rest assured you will beg for mercy when I am done with you. Victor, I cannot trust you to guard him, so I am leaving it in someone else’s hand. Besides, I need you out in the field. Perhaps that will allow you to unleash some pent up energy. I have a guest coming. I want to make sure things are prepared for their arrival. Skyler, have fun.”

Gaius just glared at Warlock as the man told him that Connor would become his. That was something that he won't happen. Even if Connor doesn't love him anymore. Gaius will protect him no matter what happened.

“Connor will never be yours. No matter what you think he will keep his freedom. So, do your worst. I will take everything to my grave. I will never beg for my life.” Gaius said as he just let his body relax and he closed his eyes.

Skyler was leaning against the door frame at the back of the room watching what was happening, with a natural look on his face. He had told Victor to behave, but he didn't listen. Now he will have to face the consequences for his actions. Now Warlock was taking Victor off this assignment, and now it was his turn. Moving away from the wall he walked up to Warlock now with a smile on his face.

“I get to babysit now. Well I am sure I can find something to make the time go by. As long as it is okay with you Warlock.”

Victor didn't stay in the room after he was dismissed from his duties. Warlock was right. He needed to blow off some steam, and it would be good for him to get some exercise. So, he left as soon as Warlock said this and left the man's face in his master's hands. The only thing he knew is he would be allowed to take his revenge. Warlock promised him this much.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011