Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ 1x1 with HoleyPaladin [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy human/humanoid. I don't do animal rp's.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Akira
    Seeing Heinrich look at her she smiled at him, her ears perking up. She was about to say something when the profesor walked in. Hearing his words, and recalling the words heinrich had spoken earlier she blushed. Of course, that then soon turned to anger as she glared at heinrich, her ears flattened. Though after a few moments it was clear it was a joke, she still shot daggers at Heinrich.

Deciding she didn't want to hear such foul humor, she got up and headed for the door, deciding maybe she'd take the opportunity to explore the academy a bit. Walking along she hurried out of the classroom. Though she didn't go far, figuring Heinrich might follow her. Besides,he knew his way around this place. Maybe he could show her around. From what she could see, it was extremely different than any of the Kitsune learning enviroments. Theirs tended to be outside, it open meadows or by waterfalls.

To be honest she missed those days, when they didn't have to run and hide. It was peaceful. She would've loved to have shown Heinrich around her small civilization of kitsune, but.... it was homew now. Speaking of Heinrich, where was he? She froze up at the recollection of something he had said about other kitsune. She walked back to the classroom peering through the window in search of Heinrich.
    Last edited by Owl0430; 12-06-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Heinrich wasn't sure why the fox girl had shown anger to him of all people... it wasn't as if he had been the one to make the joke, after all. It was simply a memory from an old lecture back at the academy, replaying itself in dream format. He made no hurry to follow her as she got up and walked out of the classroom, however... he figured she'd soon find that since it was, indeed, a dream, then anything outside of Heinrich's own perception would be an endless abyss of nothing.

"Most of you have probably heard of the Spirit Melding ritual by now," MacDougle was saying, though Heinrich wasn't paying much attention. "Some key things to note. The stronger the emotional connection between you and your partner, the more effective the ritual. And the more... promiscuous the female, the lower the efficiency. So simply visiting a brothel or village bicycle won't have the desired effect."

He glanced over at the window to the classroom to see the fox girl peeking in on him... perhaps she had realized that walking off without him was a pointless effort. Having realized this wasn't the sort of topic she wanted to hear, he also stood up and walked out of the room. "You know what they say..." he said with a shrug. "Usually your dreams will have some sort of relation to whatever it was you were thinking about when you went to sleep. But considering the nature of this dream world... if there's any topic you want to learn more about, I might have a memory of some lecture in this old mug of mine."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As she stood outside of the room, she unfortunately overheard the conversation, grimacing in disgust at the topic. What kind of stuff did they teach in this school? At an academy of what she assumed was of such an elite nature, she didn't expect such a ( at least in her opinion) immature nature. Therefore she gave Heinrich a look of unamusement as he exited the room to join her, even as he tried to defend himself.

" yes, they do say that, don't they? Of course, I could always just assume you are a perv and that you for whatever reason enjoy dreams of such topics. " she teased, the faintest glimmer of amusement in her eyes despite her expression. She then took his hand slightly a began walking. " I... don't really want to learn about anything... i... just want to relax, and enjoy at least some temporary peace... walking around somewhere sounds nice...." she stated with a sad smile. " however...... any information you might have about our enemy would be more logical. Even if we won't remember most of it, any little bit retained would be useful. Though she really did just want to spend time with him, peacefully, she also had to care for the other kitsunes back in the real world. She couldn't let more kitsunes be killed... not after her village. That had been a traumatic night.

" what do you think, Heinrich? It's your mind. You choose what you wish to dream about... as long as it's not innapropriate... oh, and if you dare to even consider any female kitsunes that they might throw at you when you wake up, I will personally see too it that your burnt to a crisp, okay?" Her words and facially expression made it seem like what she said was the most casual thing in the world, especially as she was smiling, but the threat was still there.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight chuckled at the words of the kitsune, shrugging a bit at her tease. "Everyone is a perv to some degree, and so such thoughts are normal... in which case, they're no longer perverted. Not to say that certain things can't be inappropriate... but there is a time and place for all things." He allowed the fox to take his hand, giving hers a gentle squeeze as he began to walk through the no longer clouded halls of the university.

"I probably have some sort of memory of unseelie fairies in this noggin of mine," he remarked. "While peace and relaxation sound nice... there's a chance we might remember enough of this dream to make some use of it." Navigating his way through the corridors of the university, he took time to admire the way her student uniform fit on her, even if she did consider it to be a bit too revealing.

"Define inappropriate," he added somewhat teasingly, chuckling at her comment regarding other kitsune girls. "It wouldn't be efficient to perform the ritual with some slutty girl, remember?" he pointed out what Professor MacDougle had said about ritual efficiency. "Though it will be incredibly difficult to have to fight a magic using enemy on a low battery... a strong emotional connection is a necessary catalyst. Call it love, if you will."

Logically, it was indeed sound for the kitsunes to encourage Akira to take Heinrich as her mate... with his magic as drained as it was, it wouldn't be fully recovered by morning through ordinary means, exponentially increasing the chances that there would be casualties among the refugees. Still, he wasn't going to pressure the girl to do anything she didn't want to do, and so the knight figured he'd look for other means to plan for the battle ahead.

Eventually he made his way to a door, and upon opening it, the two of them were transported into adjacent seats in a lecture that had taken place at some other point in Heinrich's education. This time the teacher was a slender, beautiful sylph, around four feet in height, who hovered in the air in front of the classroom. Her features were very similar to those of an elf, but smaller proportion and more delicate, with butterfly wings that kept her aloft with the assistance of a natural levitation magic. Professor Sylphy was beloved among the students for her playful nature, though she showed obvious disdain for the Unseelie in lectures such as this one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

" hmmm... well, no matter what your still a perv in my book." She smiled at him as she spoke, taking a moment to appreciate how nicely her hand fit in his. "

''And I don't care if it wouldn't be efficient. Your a guy. If there's a high chance we all could die in this fight, It's natural to be stressed.... which can lead to bad moral decisions, or desperate means of getting your mind off of things. " she spoke as she looked at the ground. Love, eh? Glancing at him slightly she thought about that word. Love. Was that what this was? Or was it just meer respect, or a means of self preservation? But if it wasn't an emotional connection of sorts, why did she care so much about the other kitsune women in the waking world? She grimaced, her grip on his hand tightening as she fought back tears. Stopping in her tracks she grabbed Heinrich's arm so he'd stop as well. She looked up at him, tears lining her vision and her ears pressed flat against her head. She grabbed the collar of his shirt and , while standing on the tips of her toes and pulling his head down, she kissed him for a moment, a tear falling as she did so. Afterwards she pressed her face against his chest to hide her blush and her tears. " promise me nobody will die.... especially not you.....or the elders. Or anyone..." she spoke as she cried against his chest for a moment. " dont leave me....." she whispered under her breath . After a few more minutes she backed away, allowing Heinrich to continue walking . When they went through the door and appeared again in the new room, she put her head down on the desk, focusing on the information being presented.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Continuing to hold the girl's hand in his own, Heinrich chuckled, noting how her smile betrayed the fact that she was just teasing him. "Well then, it's up to you to make sure that I remain your perv, then." He squeezed her hand a bit closer as he noted the fact that she was feeling some emotions, and allowed her to stop him in the halls. Stroking her soft fox ears, he returned her kiss, holding her close in his arms, and caressing her until her tear stopped falling.

"I won't die..." he said. "And neither will you." He wasn't the sort of man to promise something he couldn't deliver, so as far as the elders, and the Unseelie fairy... he definitely could not guarantee that none of them would die. "Akira..." he said, stroking her hair and tails softly, leaning in to whisper into her ear. "You don't have to be afraid of the ritual... if we do it together, it's ok... since we'll be together for at least a thousand years, no matter what."

He didn't want to pressure her in to performing the ritual that would give them both enough magical power to protect the elders and everyone, but didn't want her to be afraid of it, either... it really came down to whether the kitsune wanted to, or not. Since he was already labeled a Perv in her mind, he figured she already knew his own opinion on the matter, after all.

Once he made his way to the classroom with her, he went ahead and helped her up into his lap, holding her and stroking her soft tails a bit. Normally this would cause a disturbance in a classroom, but since this was a dream from his memory, everyone else simply continued on as they had in the past. "It is said that the greatest weakness of the fairy is cold iron..." Sylphy was saying to the class. "Some scholars believe this to be some sort of mythical metal that is magically cold to the touch... but in truth, it is simply a poetic term for what we now call cold steel. The weapons of mortal man. Fairies cannot touch metal that has been refined into a weapon in this manner, and wounds from them can easily prove fatal."

To think that such powerful, magical creatures of foreign origin were vulnerable to the most common of battlefield weapons was almost laughable... but in truth, it explained why elf and fairy magic users could not use magic while wearing metal armor, as it, too, counted as weaponized, refined iron, and interfered with magic of fairy origin. Of course, such did not apply to Heinrich himself, as he relied on Draconic magic rather than fairy magic, and was properly skilled in casting arcane magic while wearing full armor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Her hands clutched his shirt tightly as he spoke, while she kept her face hidden and pressed against his shoulder. As he said he wouldn't die, and neither would she, Akira almost laughed. I wish that were the truth, Heinrich.... she thought sadly. and I appreciate your attempt to comfort me..
    But this is quite the battle... lives will be lost. Possibly including our own..." of course, she didn't say any of that. She just thought it as he continued speaking. At his final words she dug her fingers into his chest for a moment, hesitant, before backing away and avoiding eye contact. " I'm sorry, Heinrich... but I... I just can't... I refuse to do anything of the sort until i'm a married woman. I refuse to be immoral like the others... and besides i.... I would rather it be something romantic and meaningful, not something set up by the likes of them..." she almost chuckled for a moment, sadly. " I know, it's a selfish wish considering the creature I am, and the circumstances....

It was odd to her how such a material as human weaponry could prove fatal to such a being like the unseelie, but... that was also a material they could easily get their hands on... and she was sure there were at least knives in the building. " we can get that easolu... is there anything else we need to know? She asked heinrich

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

At the mention of refusing to do such things until she was married, the knight just laughed. "Is that all?" he asked. "We should just get married, then," he said with a shrug, figuring he was solving the serious issue in an instant rather than brooding over it like others would. Sure, marriage was a life-long commitment... but the kitsune had already told him that she'd be following him around for the rest of his life, anyway, and with her recent jealousy towards other girls, she had effectively already narrowed his choices down to marrying her or being single forever.

Noting how she didn't seem to mind being seated in his lap during the lecture, he stroked her soft tails a bit as he held her, nodding somewhat at her words. "Sylphy is just getting to that part, I believe," he said to he, giving her a kiss on the cheek and stroking her soft fox ears as well, finding her light weight to fit comfortably in his lap.

"The Unseelie know of their weakness, and so they use other means so as to avoid being wounded by cold steel weaponry," the professor said, floating a bit closer to them as she did so. She always had a habit of flying around just low enough so as to make it impossible for the seated males to get a glimpse up the short skirts she wore... quite the feat, in fact, considering how many of them tried. "So they'll instead distract their opponents with Glamour... illusions designed to make men think they are attacking the fairy, when in fact they hit only air. The True Sight spell is the best way to see through such illusions... but it is a level five Divination spell."

Frowning, the knight knew all about the True Sight spell, but there was another problem at hand. Thinking over the problem with trying to cast it, he remarked, "I can only use my Divination circuit up to level four, currently... if we get married tonight, we can probably raise it to five, though."
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 01-06-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It was rather annoying to her how Heinrich spoke so casually about marriage. Marriage was a serious matter . For the time being, however , she brushed it off.....

As the woman, who she now knew was called Sylphy, spoke, she listened intently, paying no heed to the moments of the woman, only the words. What snapped her out of her focus was when Heinrich spoke. It could've just been her misinterpreting what he was saying, but his words angered her. Her ears went flat and her pupils went to slit as the spot where her hand was on his shoulder ended up singed from a small, small flame. After she stood up, backing put of Heineich's reach. " how... how can you speak of marriage so casually! Marriage is a serious think that's supposed to be romantic and well-planned, not rushed just because of certain things! " she hissed at him. " marriage determines your lifelong partner, your future! With someone you love and care for greatly, not to mention it's supposed to be the most important moment of one's life! " by her expression it was clear that behind the anger there was a flurry of other emotions, such as hurt, worry, and sadness. " yet you speak casually about it as if it's not important..... as if it's just something you can just casualy do and then slip out of whenever you get bored!" She took another step back, a rift opening behind her. " i... I thought you were different than the others... that you actually cared about my personality instead of my looks, that your perverted comments were just to annoy me... but no! Your like all the others! You want what you cant have, and then as soon as you get it you grow bored and move onto the next victim, leaving a trail of broken hearts behind you. .... i.. I had truly believed you weren't like the others..." she then faced the rift, looking back at him over her shoulder. ".... what a fool I was." She stated before leaping through the rift back to her own dream, the rift closing behind her. The landscape of her own dream formed around her.... it wasnt as bad as some of the others, but.... it was about the dates she had been on in the end, which had all ended the same- in disaster. She willed the dream to change, not wanting to relive those memories. She succeeded in changing the dream, surprisingly, but it changed to when the king's army invaded her village. Once again she didn't want to relive the memory, but she actually preferred it at the moment to that of her previous dream. So she sat down where she was and closed her eyes, focusing on keeping up the defenses of her mind, which wasn't something she did often.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

As the kitsune suddenly exploded into what seemed to be a fit of rage in front of him, Heinrich wasn't sure how to respond... nor did he really have much of a chance to do so, as she continued to unleash a barrage of words, mixing insults in with her own frustration. He had been completely logical in his decision, and his plan, in a way that would prove beneficial to everyone... and yet she seemed to have this idealistic view of marriage, along with a large dose of misandrist thought, that were now being made clear to him.

All he could really say was, "The rest of our lives won't be very long, at this rate." He figured the nightmares she would put herself through by withdrawing into her own dreams would paint the picture far worse than he would.... and though confused, his attention was soon drawn to something that Professor Sylphy was saying in her lecture to the class.

"As the Unseelie are creatures, of darkness, they prefer to attack by surprise, in the dark of night. Midnight is their hour of greatest strength." Of course... Midnight. The fairy wouldn't wait until dawn to attack... the attack was coming tonight, at midnight! With this in mind, the knight forced himself to awaken from his sleep, his eyes opening suddenly.

Glancing over to the kitsune sleeping next to him, it seemed clear that she was experiencing a nightmare of her own... though instead of waking her, he instead focused on taking note of how much magical energy he had. Not enough... not nearly enough. The sun had already set, leaving the room in darkness... how long until midnight? He wasn't sure.

Standing up, he left Akira to sleep as he made his way out of the room. "You look like hell," said a female voice from nearby. "Weren't you supposed to be... you know, energized, by now?"

Glancing over to the four-tailed kitsune girl, the knight shrugged. "That girl hates me, so of course not. More importantly, this place is going to be attacked... around midnight, most likely."

"We knight," the kitsune said with a sigh. "The Unseelie always attack at midnight. We were going to wake you closer to midnight." Gazing up and down his form, she continued in a sultry voice. "I could help you, you know... if she doesn't want to. I guarantee you would enjoy it..."

"I'll pass," the knight said, "Is that hers?" he said, noting how she was carrying Akira's laundered sorceress outfit. "She'll need it in the fight." Though he wasn't sure if she'd be able to use any magic, at this rate, anything was better than nothing.

"Too bad..." the four-tailed kitsune girl said. "I mostly just came to deliver this to her... and to check on how you two were doing." Brushing past him, she made sure her fluffy tails brushed against the knight as she made her way in to the room to set Akira's clothing down beside her. Heinrich merely sighed, walking off on his own to check the perimeter of the small camp of refugees to see what assistance he could provide in its defense.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast