Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ 1x1 with HoleyPaladin [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy human/humanoid. I don't do animal rp's.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Akira Akatski-18-female-Kitsune-tagged;none
    '' Yes, I suppose we'll see...'' with those words spoken, she closed her eyes, trying her best to relax and regain some of her energy. Though to her it had only seemed like mere minutes until he began speaking of finding a place to make camp. '' A few hours?'' she asked gravely, a look of both annoyance and sadness in her eyes. ''Why can there not be a single day where one can just sleep without worries of being pursued....'' when he stopped the steed she thanked him for helping him down, watching to see he got down safely before venturing towards the water's edge and sat on her knees beside it.

Peering into the water, she inspected her own reflection with a frown. Her eyes appeared weary, and her once delicate silverish hair that had onced flowed elegantly along her back was wild and tangled. The edges of her dress was torn, and overall she concluded she looked weary, and not even close to what others of her knd would consider attractive for a kitsune. Batting at her reflection so it blurred in the ripples, she put a hand to one of her fox ears before glancing back at her tail. With a huff, she leaned over and cupped her hands, gathering some water in them and bringing it to her mouth. It was refreshing, that was for certain. After repeating the action a few more times, she wandered back over to the knight now known as Heinrich.

'' If you wish to find a bit of food for the two of us I am capable of finding branches and starting the fire. Afterwards it would be recommended that we take shifts sleeping. Maybe a half hour to an hour each of rest if we have only a few hours. Depends on how quick we are at finding food and branches.''

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight chuckled at the words of the kitsune, shaking his head somewhat. "There might come days where we're not being hunted... but today is not one of them, unfortunately. It would seem that we're to be on our own for some time... but I'll try to think of some what to turn this situation around." It would be no simple matter with the entire kingdom hunting them... but the borders of the kingdom only extended so far.

He watched as she headed over to the water to take a drink, noting how she seemed to be looking at her reflection in the water. While she was still quite attractive to him, it was clear that she was rather unhappy with the fatigue and travel dust that she had collect during her escape. Listening as she made a few suggestions, he added, "You need rest more than I do. You can feel free to clean up and launder your clothing as well, if you're not too tired. I can bring some branches back along with some food."

Not being much of an herbalist, he figured the best way to find food would be to hunt it. Though he didn't typically prefer ranged weapons, they were the kind most suited to the task, and so he conjured forth a few throwing axes as he headed out into the woods, since they could sever branches from trees as easily as they could be tossed at small game. He made sure to stay close to the camp site, however, so that he would be able to assist the kitsune if necessary.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

'' No, today is most definatly not today. Nor do I believe there is a way to turn the situation around. In my opinion we have three options; admit defeat and succumb to our fate; cross the kingdom's border; or find the ocean an attempt to find a way to cross it without knowing what awaits. '' Closing her eyes for a moment to listen to their surroundings, she eventually came to a decision. '' Very well. I shall take up upon your offer to bathe with gratitude, as there is a small waterfall not too far from here. However, should you so choose to be a perverted being heed my warning it will not end well for you.'' she spoke with a serious tone and a glare on her face, knowing that when it came to humans there were such people.

'' None the less, thank you for the offer. I promise I will not wander far. Should you be in need of my assitance you may call, and if I hear you I will try my best to reach you quickly. Until we meet again, Heinrich.'' with that, she bid him farewell for the moment, walking with caution in the opposite direction. Eventually she reached the small falls, sitting down on a rock as she cast aside her clothing before walking into the water. It took some time, but eventually she managed she scrub her skin and the fur on her tails and ears free of debri. However, she wished she had something scented to properly cleanse her skin with. Akira's hair, on the other hand, was another matter. Though much more difficult to clean, eventually she managed it, afterwards running her fingers through the locks as to comb it the best she could.

Finally she reached the time in which she could cleanse her clothing. Looking at the torn skirt as she attempted to clean the outfit, she contemplated the possibilities. For one, she was fortunate the skirt hadn't gotten caught on any twigs or plants. For another thing, the dress would be hard to make a hasty retreat in, let alone jump onto a horse. For the moment, though, it would also be rather heavy to wear around until it dried, and she didn't quite have the energy to use her fire in attempt to dry it. Nor did she exactly feel like returning to their campsite wearing just her undergarments. Letting out a huff of defeat, after noting there was nothing sharp enough to trim the skirt with, she slipped it back on over her undergarments, after wringing it out the best she could. She did, however, gather the skirt up enough on one side so that she could tie it into a knot as to allow herself a bit more mobility.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

At the words of the kitsune, the knight chuckled somewhat and slowly shook his head. "Is this really the time to be worried about such things?" he commented. Having just saved the fox from a platoon of soldiers that had been hunting her, he found it amusing how she was so concerned about him being a "perverted being" when there were more important life or death issues at stake. Still, he figured it best not to provoke her too much, and glanced in her direction as she headed out towards the waterfall.

He found a few dry branches on some nearby trees, which he began to hack off with swift stroked of his magically conjured axes. Spotting a rabbit not far away, he tried not to approach so closely as to startle it, before throwing an axe an impacting the creature, killing it swiftly and painlessly. Though he didn't particularly enjoy having to kill cute fluffy animals, the meat was admittedly quite tasty, and so long as he skinned it properly before Akira was done bathing, the fox needn't know the nature of the meat.

As he carried the bunny and the wood back to the camp, he noted another presence in the woods. Concerned that one of the king's soldiers might have caught up to him already, he slowly stalked after the presence... only to see a human with a bow. A poacher, by the looks of him, as hunting on this land was illegal for commoners. The poacher raised his bow, and Heinrich traced the man's gaze... to see the body of the kitsune, bathing in the waterfall. It seemed the poacher decided to instead collect the bounty on kitsune tails... something Heinrich could not allow. As the man began to aim, Heinrich threw an axe with great force, impacting the poacher in the back of the skull and burying within the man's brain. The arrow veered quite a bit off course... hopefully far enough for the kitsune not to notice the fact that the knight was able to see her quite clearly from this angle, just as the poacher had.

He made his way back to the camp, deciding to pretend the event never happened, though he wouldn't be surprised if the keen senses of the fox girl would soon be allowing her to smell human blood from the nearby woods. Laying some wood down on the camp site, he waited for her to come back and light the fire as he skinned the rabbit pelt with a razor sharp knife.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Recalling some of Heinrich's words from earlier, she contemplated them. Was it the time to worry about modesty? What kind of question was that? What kind of woman would she be if she did not care about modesty in even the most dire situations. Then she heard the soft sound of an arrow speeding through the air. Instictively she ducked, letting herself fall forward into the water. Afterwards jumping so she could hide herself behind a rock, she looked around in the direction the arrow had seemed to come from.

Quickly she noticed two things; the stench of blood and death, and then movement nearby. Focusing on the movement, she noticed what appeared to be a figure that looked suspiciously like Heinrich. Flattening her ears against her head with a mix of emotions, she didn't take long to throw on her clothing- still, of course, soaking wet. but she didn't care. Afterwards she followed the scent of blood and death, in the end finding herself in the proximity of the now deceased poacher. It was obvious enough from the weaponry that he was a poacher. Stepping slightly closer to the corpse, she also noted the scent of other kitsune on him. Frowning, she bowed her head, knowing that more of her kind had been lost to death. Eventually opening her eyes, she angrily looked at the corpse. '' You should be ashamed for murdering the innocent.'' she hissed, before looking at the arrows.

Based on the looks of the arrows, they were useful for only one shot each; meaning none of these arrows had killed any of her kind. The bow, on the other hand, she knew had been used to shoot the arrows that had killed them, therefor she refused to lay even a finger on the bow. The arrows, however, would be of use to her. Grabbing one of them, she used it to trim off some of the fabric of her dress's skirt. With caution, of course, not to cut herself with the arrow's edge, or make the skirt too short. After having trimmed it to just above her knees, she deemed the outfit much easier to run in. Grabbing the rest of the arrows, she began on her way back to the camp.

Once at the camp, she sat down by the first and set the arrows down, looking at Heinrich with an expression that suggested she was searching for something. It had appeared she had found what she was searching for as her examining gaze turned into both a look of anger and thanks. She couldn't deny that he had, in fact, saved her life twice now. However, she also couldn't deny that from the angle the poacher was at, it was possible Heinrich would have potentially been able to see her in the water. '' Thanks...for saving me.'' she spoke in a gruff voice, obviously with conflicting emotions. Standing up, she made her way to a tree on the edge of the camp, sitting down and leaning against it.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight noted that the kitsune had noticed the arrow that had missed her thanks to his timely intervention in dispatching the poacher swiftly. He didn't say anything as she went over to inspect the man's corpse, but he saw no particular need to hide it from her, either. Rather, he simply kept his gaze on her as she retrieved the arrows and left the bow behind, for whatever reason.

The arrows weren't designed to be used as scissors, and certainly weren't optimal for trimming her dress... but the knight's knife being covered in blood would have been even less suitable to the task since it would only make a mess of her recently laundered dress, so he allowed her to use the arrowheads to the best of her ability in order to trim her dress properly. Though her rather shapely legs would have looked even better with a shorter skirt, he figured she was simply displaying her modesty again in choosing the skirt length that she did when she trimmed it.

He gazed at her as she returned, giving a slight smile and wave, listening to her words and giving her a nod. "No problem," he said, watching as she went over to the edge of the camp and leaned up against the tree. It didn't take much longer for him to finish removing the pelt from the rabbit, and once he did so, he thrust a stick through it and stood up , making his way over to the kitsune. "I can pretty much guarantee you're a better cook than me, so I'll let you take over from here." With that, he handed over the skewered meat to the girl to let her take care of lighting the branches he had collected and cooking the meat.

Noting how quiet she was being, Heinrich tried to think of something to lighten the somewhat awkward atmosphere he was feeling. "So tell me about yourself, Akira," he said in the direction of the fox as he had little else to do but chat until the meat was cooked. "What's it like being a beautiful fox spirit with an exceptionally long life span?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

'' Based on your rebellion against the kingdom I'm rather surprised you might be unfit to cook. I figured you had likely spend plenty of time rebelling against them and running.'' it was only after she had used her fire to ignite the branches that she realized how close to her Heinrich was sitting. Her fox ears flattened against her hand, a low, almost animal sound could be heard from her as she shifted slightly away from him. Sure, earlier she had been leaning against him without a care, but that had been before the incident with the poacher. Hearing him speak to her, she glanced at him with her ears still flattened against her head. When he called her a beautiful fox spirit, she narrowed her eyes and flicked her tails in an irritated manner. Now, it wasn't that she didn't appreciate the compliment, however, unlike most woman of the era she wouldn't be chasing after the first person to compliment her looks. Therefore, though again she did appreciate the compliment, she felt as if the man was saying that because of her looks, not because she was beautiful in terms of her personality and spirit. However, she did answer him honestly. ''Well, to be honest the life of a Kitsune isn't overly terrible. Well, it wasn't until the decree for us to be persecuted past the brink of extinction to the point we are all deceased. Though it is hard for us to live among the humans and some of the other races, we had made some nice little villages. Tribes, if that makes more sense, or groups. Whichever term you prefer. We would hunt together for safety, and would take shifts bathing so some would be able to stand on guard to warn off any who would accidently wander to close. Though the women of our species do have a reputation of being Vixens, both in terms of a fox and of human women, it might surprise you to know that most of us are actually nothing close to being a vixen in any other way than the fact we are female foxes. They just often mistake our natural defensive with that of an ill-tempered woman. A shrew if you will. Anyways, in our little villages we would work with eachother in the mastering of our shifting and our powers. Sometimes one of us might wander off into a human or other race town to explore a bit. Unfortunately, it is very rare we actually had money to buy anything. Instead we would stick to our own crafters and buchers and what not. The dress i have alterned was made by my villages finest craftsman. A shame her work ended up like this, but it can not be helped. I only hope she is still alive and avoiding the king's army. In the human towns we overall just enjoyed exploring and looking about, helping the poor if we could. However, on rare occasions we would get a job or a task. Granted we weren't paid much, but a job was a job. In my village, if one was to somehow recieve some money, they weren't required to share it with the rest of the village unless they chose to of their own free will. They had made the money without anyone else, therefore it was theirs to do what they pleased with. If one was to steal the earnings of another, they were banished to be in exile, a rougue, unless another village chose to take them in. Some of the jobs some of my villages women were asked to do though were rather offensive to us. Some wanted to exploit us for our hunting talents. Some wanted to show us off as if we were some beautiful freak show. Then there were the few that wished for our work to be that of a true human vixen...what's the word some of you humans use? Ah, yes, I believe the word is 'exotic entertainment', I believe? Honestly all those humans cared about was using us to gain more money from their bars. Only those truly, truly desperate accepted such jobs. Other than that, again, our lives were pleasant. To be honest, when it came to helping the children of the homeless, we would actually have a competition to see who could go a month with the least amount of times being hit by a broom.''' she smiled slightly, a sad look in her eyes. '' Unfortunately the days of peace and laughter are over. Now we can no longer stay in villages. It's everyone kitsune for him or herself. We can't even trust the older ones of us. Some of them can hide their ears and tails even when in human form, so they're not discovered as a kitsune unless they slip up. Therefore, sometimes, they'll turn the weaker ones of us in for their own gain of money and treasure. A bounty, if you will.'' watching the meat cook for a bit, she eventually looked back over to him. '' Also, if you happen to find any Foxglove flowers, let me know. The morning and evening dew off of them serve as a catalyst so that I may shift into a form more suitable for combat. As of right now, I highly doubt I am of much use in combat, even if I was fully rested. The only problem is the flowers are hard to find. There used to be plenty in my village, but they burned with our homes when the army invaded the first day after the decree had been issued.''

Last edited by Owl0430; 06-27-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight listened to the fox as she talked about a "rebellion" against the current king, watching as she lit the branches and proceeded to cook the meat. He could only assume her growl meant that she was hungry, though he didn't recall doing anything that would make her irritated at him. Sure, he might have caught a glimpse or two of her rather impressive body while she was bathing, but that couldn't really be helped, as he was somewhat busy trying to save her life for a second time when it happened.

"I'm no rebel," the knight remarked. "I'm actually quite loyal to my monarch. But my monarch is not from this kingdom... there are many lands in this vast world outside the borders of the corrupt kingdom where you grew up. Surely you must have figured by my name that I wasn't from around these parts, right?" He didn't typically camp in the wilds by himself if it could be avoided, and never really made a habit of cooking meals when he could get someone else to do it for him in a roadside inn or village.

He listened as she described the life style of her people, or at least of the kitsunes who resided in the village where she had grown up. "You mean to say you're not an all-female race of seductresses who steal men away from their wilds for the purpose of reproduction, never to be seen again?" he asked in a teasing tone which implied that he knew very well that such claims were highly exaggerated. "I never would have guessed."

He wondered how such rumors began. True all-female races were quite rare, though many races had a much higher birth rate of females than they did of males. Perhaps it had more to do with the sort of jobs that kitsunes were hired to do in human settlements... such as the waitresses and exotic entertainment that Akira spoke of. And there were no shortage of legends involving humans who got romantically involved with kitsunes, though Akira gave Heinrich the impression that she only tolerated him because her life depended on it.

At the mention of foxglove flowers, the knight frowned and shook his head. "I wouldn't be able to tell a foxglove flower from any other flower, I'm afraid. They don't exactly fit under the category of weapons a knight should carry in to battle at all times. Nor would I really know how to find them... so I suppose it'll be up to you to keep a look out for them."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

'' Hm...yes, I suppose you are right. Your name is rather....interesting for this kingdom. I also do believe you that other lands exist outside of this one. However, a majority of us Kitsunes enjoy staying in the land of which we were born. Though as stated earlier, many are now attempting to flee. Those in areas the troops haven't reached yet are fools if they stay. If they leave now they might live, though there will of course still be casualties.''

The fox then chuckled at his sarcasm. '' I do give you credit for that one. It's....nice to know that you didn't believe the lies about our kind. Though I can definitly see similarities between you and some of your race, I do also see some...unique differences that are a rather nice change of pace.''

'' Foxglove flowers grow on stems that can reach up to six feet in height depending on the kind. They come in a variety of colors, clusters of tubular shaped blooms that can be red, yellow, pink, purple, ect. I understand your reasoning for not knowing of them, but you should be aware of different fauna and flora within the region. Especially the flora- it is generally easier to find for food, if you know what it looks like and where to find it.''' looking up at Heinrich, she gave him a smile. ''That being said, I guess I will have to teach you of the different plantlife as we travel. It is important for you to know. ''

The smile faded and she looked at him with a stern expression. '' However, there is something you do need to know. You have saved my life, and therefore I owe you my life. Hence why, should you accept the offer, I shall accompany you for the duration of your life as your unofficial protector. I shall protect you as long as you prove true to your words of getting me out of this kingdom alive. I also expect to not be treated as a pet, or anything else but an equal. Should you accomplish all this, I shall also grant you a gift.'' a smile again appeared on her face as she held out her free hand. '' Well, Heinrich, do you accept the offer?''

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight nodded at the words of the kitsune as she explained the fact that kitsunes tended to enjoy staying in the land of their birth. "I believe the desire to remain in one's homeland isn't restricted to kitsunes... humans as well have been known to remain in some rather terrible places despite the fact that their lives much be much better if they left. But refugees on the run don't have easy lives either, as it can be quite difficult to find a new place to settle down without upsetting the locals. The most welcoming place for Kitsunes that I know of requires a very long and dangerous journey..."

He shrugged at her comment. "I tend to judge others on an individual basis. So far, you've given me no reason to suspect you're a witch and a seductress as the rumors say. You're proving to be quite the opposite, in fact." Were the rumors about kitsunes true, Heinrich suspected the fox would have attempted to get him to join her in the bath and do... other things, rather than warning him to stay away and give her some privacy as she had done.

He listened as she described foxglove flowers, though he didn't pay as much attention to her explanation of flora as she seemed to suggest was necessary. If she was going to insist on telling him about various different plants as they traveled... well, it wasn't as if the sound of her voice was unpleasant, and for lack of more important conversation topics, it would suffice.

He paused as she spoke of what she considered to be a more serious topic. Of course he was familiar with cultures that practiced life-debts when their lives were saved by others, and from what she was saying, he inferred it to mean that she felt she owed him some sort of life-debt. He chuckled somewhat as she mentioned being his protector, commenting, "At the moment, it would seem I'm the one protecting you."

Gazing at her extended hand for a time, he eventually shrugged and took it with his own, pulling it towards him and gently kissing the back of it in a courteous manner. "I'm still the one protecting you," he pointed out. "It's the job of any good knight, after all. But it could prove handy for you to support me with your sorcery, and well... travelling alone is pretty boring, anyway. Much better with a cute girl," he concluded with a nod.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast