Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ 1x1 with HoleyPaladin [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy human/humanoid. I don't do animal rp's.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

'' Well, Heinrich, I'm glad you do not think of me as a seductress. You would honestly be surprised how many people of your kind like to swat at us with brooms. '' she smiled happily. '' Though I can say it was always quite fun until they actually hit you. We used to play games seeing who could avoid getting hit the longest. It was a good way to pass the time.''

However, soon she noticed his lack of interest in learning the fauna and flora of the area. '' You refuse to listen, don't you? You realize that if you had to be on your own in the wilderness it would be beneficial to your survival to know what plants are safe to eat and which are not. Some can cause you to break out in a rash just due to touching it.'' she spoke stubbornly before lifting the stick roasting the rabbit away from the fire. '' Yes, though. It does seem that you are currently the one protecting me. However don't think I won't hesitate to protect you. Besides, once this entire ordeal is over, then I shall be protecting you. Though, should you find yourself a lover, I am not obliged to protect her. I will to an extent out of respect, but I will not sacrifice my own life.''

''Anyways, food is done. '' though she blushed slightly when he kissed her hand, she had no other reaction. Unless a small hint of surprise counted. She wasn't expecting that to happen. '' You hunted the rabbit, therefore you may take what you wish first.''

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Heinrich chuckled somewhat at the mention of people swinging brooms at her. It was definitely a much reasonable way to deal with an unliked race than an extermination policy... though it was definitely looking like much of the racism directed towards kitsunes was unfounded. Though he personally wouldn't have minded if Akira showed a bit more interest in him... the fact that she didn't sleep around made her far more appealing as a woman than the seductress archetype. "You must be good at dodging things," he remarked.

As she chastised him for not paying attention to her lecture on toxic plants, the knight smirked somewhat as he figured out how to reply to her. "I guess you'll just have to protect me from poisonous plants for the rest of my life, then," he said somewhat teasingly. "You've got far more talent for cooking than I do, at least." He watched her continue to roast the bunny, gazing at her a bit as she mentioned how she intended to protect him. "Alright..." he said. "Well I can agree to all but one thing. If that lover happens to be you, then I must insist that you protect your own life as well. Wouldn't want to get all close to you only to have you foolishly sacrifice yourself for me, right?"

He glanced at the meat as she announced it was complete. Truthfully, he could easily have eaten more than half of the roast bunny, though he had eaten already in the morning, and had no idea how long the kitsune had been on the run or when her last meal had been. Therefore, as she told him to take his share first, he cut off a very small portion of the meat for himself and replied, "You can have the rest. If you're still hungry afterwards, we can find some of those edible herbs you were talking about."

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

" compared to some of the others I am fairly decent at dodging things. However, some of the others are far more agile and have better reflexes. Though at some point or another we all slip up and end up with quite the bruise"

After she finished speaking she tilted her head in thought in regards to his response to her lecture on plants. " well played Heinrich, I applaud you for that remark, it was quite clever. " she replied with a smirk. " though if you don't wish to learn about the plants I must insist you learn to cook. What if I were to catch a cold and be unable to cook or search for herbs. "

Afterwards though she frowned, looking away, her ears uneasily flattening against her head. " its not that your unattractive, Heinrich.... but I don't see that as being likely... your kind would think you were psychotic. Not only that, but what is the point of being with someone who will outlive you? To be honest I don't see why you would want to be with a kitsune in the first place. Even I must admit you would be quite desirable for any human woman. You'd easily be capable of making any human woman fall to your knees, so being with someone like a kitsune seems rather.. well, to be honest, incredibly foolish and full of risks. "

For a few moments afterwards she was silent, until she completely changed the topic. " I won't argue against you if you insist on not taking more- as you are rather stubborn I would presume, and therefore it'd be pointless to argue. Though should you complain later abou being hungry I will personally find mint leaves and shove them down your throat" she spoke cheerfully as if it were perfectly normal, though it was also clear she was implying he should take more than the minuscule portion he did.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight chuckled somewhat as he imagined the kitsune dodging broom after broom until one finally connected. "Would that a stray broom were the only thing you had to dodge these days," he remarked, sighing somewhat and shaking his head. It wasn't as if bigotry was limited to this kingdom alone... several other kingdoms hunted elves to the brink of extinction in different parts of the world. Heinrich was fortune enough to have come from a land where elves, kitsunes, humans, dwarves, and other races were treated equally according to the code of the law, and enlightened though the law may be in such lands, in reality it wasn't practiced nearly as close to the code as written.

Chuckling at the words of the kitsune, Heinrich shrugged. "They say cooking is an art, is it not? Well I, for one, have no artistic talent. Arcane Studies is a science rather than an art, as is martial combat, to a degree. You may wish for me to learn to cook, but I can pretty much guarantee that you won't like the results of what I attempt to make, at least for quite some time."

He listened as she made ridiculous excuses as to why a mixed relationship couldn't work out, smirking somewhat as everything she said mattered nothing to him. "They'd already call my psychotic for saving you in the first place, would they not?" he said with a shrug. "Human girls are boring, and I don't particularly care what ignorant people think of me. Besides, I'm much more worried about outliving some human or elf than I am about outliving you. You're said to live for a thousand years or so, right?" He knew she had meant the comment about age difference the opposite way, so he smirked somewhat as he played the opposite end of the card.

He shrugged somewhat at the words of the kitsune. "I could always just use this spell too," he remarked, before incanting, "Vehafor achthend." In response to his summons, a load of bread appeared in his hand as his conjuration spell activated, which his split in half, giving one half to the kitsune. "The other reason I never learned to cook," he said with a shrug. "Surviving on manna bread is pretty bland, but it tends to suffice for when there's nothing else available."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

'' Yes, if the only thing anyone had to worry about was a stray broom I believe the world would be much more peaceful.'' she spoke with a frown. '' None the less though, I think it'd be rather amusing to watch you cook. The food itself may end in disaster, but it'd be halarious watching you attempt to cook.'' she teased, before eating a bit of their meal. '' Manna bread, or whatever you called it, wouldn't be of the most nutrition though. You also need a balance of meat, water, and plants..... and yes, you will be eating edible plantlife as soon as I find some, no complaints.''

However, she took a few minutes to contemplate what he had said about already being called psychotic, his opinion of human women, and age. Though she purposely avoided answering to his comment about how long her kind lived, having no comeback to the comment. '' Well....yes, I suppose they would already call you psychotic, at least in these parts... though I don't understand why you find human women boring, they can be rather entertaining in their behaviors. Though i don't understand why they call fights between them cat-fights...they are not cats....'' she spoke with confusion before thanking him for the bread and finishing her meal.

''I appreciate the food, Heinrich, so thank you. However it is far past time that we take shifts resting.'' she spoke before a gust of wind went by, and despite the fire she shivered, instinctively moving over to Heinrich and cuddling against him. ''Would it be alright If I sleep first? If not it's fine, I will not be offended....though I have a question....you said the phrase 'human women' as if you're not human yourself.... call me foolish for asking the question, but aren't you just a human who has studied in the magical arts?''

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The knight chuckled somewhat as the kitsune spoke of how amusing it would be to watch him fail at cooking, shaking his head somewhat at the idea. "All the more reason for me to pass..." he remarked, frowning somewhat as she spoke of eating green things. "Well yeah, that's why the meat... but green food? Really? What do I look like... an elf or something?" The last time he had visited an elf village, they had offered him food... but all of their food had been green vegetables, so it wasn't a particularly filling meal for the knight. To his knowledge the elves in this particular kingdom had been driven out long ago, and as such the persecution towards them had been turned instead on the kitsunes.

He smirked somewhat as he noted the fox girl's lack of response in regard to her age and lifespan. She looked to be younger than him by a few years, but there was no telling how old she really was, as kitsunes were said to maintain a youthful appearance due to their spiritual nature. "Human women actually have a lot in common with female cats, though. So that's where the term cat fight comes from, I suppose. That and the fact that they use their nails as claws when such fights get physical," he added with a chuckle. "I suppose they're boring because they're mundane and ordinary... for the most part, at least."

He listened as she spoke of taking turns resting, allowing her to move closer to him. Though he was surprised that she decided to cuddle against him, he decided to accept the gesture and wrapped an arm around her as well, appreciating her warmth. "Arcanisstok thesek bikil di Mordenkaiden," he incanted in the Draconic language, causing a spectral form of a guard dog to appear before them. "I told you I camp alone a lot, remember? This spell is essential in such circumstances... so we can both rest, and the guard dog will alert us if anyone approaches."

He leaned back in order to rest, guiding the girl's head down to his chest to use it as a pillow if she liked. He smirked somewhat at her question, though, replying, "You caught that, did you? Clever girl... no one ever notices that." Shrugging, he said, "Though my body is based on a human's, it's infused with so many arcane circuits that I could be considered a different race entirely. That's about it, really."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

''hmm....I dunno. I've never seen an elf before, so I wouldn't be able to say. However, I believe they do have pointy ears...and though your ears aren't exactly the pointiest, they have a bit of a point too them.'' she spoke with a smile. '' But none the less, you need your vegetables, fruits, herbs, and what not. Meat can not entirely sustain you. Even us rather carnivorous Kitsune eat plenty of plantlife. Otherwise we wouldn't get all the nutrition we need, though if given the option meat would be our first choice in food...though I for one am rather fond of fruit.''

The kitsune laughed a bit though as he spoke about human women. '' Well, I suppose that makes sense.....but really? They use their....nails? As claws? Those aren't effective in combat! Their so-called nails are always so round and dull! There isn't a single one i've met with sharp teeth, or pointed nails for that matter! Their best hope is those weapons they enjoy making so much.'' it was clear the kitsune was quite amused.

''...Anyways, I've finally decided I'll answer a statement you had made earlier. '' she spoke, watching the fire. '' For your information, I'm still in my human years...I believe either my eighteenth or nineteenth year of existence? '' she spoke, before focusing on what he said about himself. The compliment of her being clever made her somewhat happy, as was obvious by the movement of her tails in a joyful manner. '' Hmm...that's quite interesting. Your human...but your not? Well, you can fit into both worlds then. Both of the humans and of the other races. .... is there any others out there like you? even if they were of a different magical affiliation?''

the kitsunes eyes then drifted to the dog. ''Hm...... if it's not too much trouble, I'd like one of those...creatures, the next time I wish to bathe.'' she spoke seriously, obviously not wanting certain events to repeat themselves. Afterwords she closed her eyes, shivering again as she stayed cuddled against him, her head residing on his chest. ' Well.....goodnight, Heinrich. I shall see you in the morning.''

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Chuckling at the teasing words of the kitsune, the knight replied, "I'm not pretty enough to be an elf, and I'm far too hairy. Elves don't have any hair except for on the top of their head, so they wouldn't have something like this," he remarked, brushing his facial stubble against the kitsune briefly as she stayed cuddled close to him, presumably to endure the cold night, though he simply appreciated the warmth of her beautiful young body. "You're in charge of non-meat then," he said as he stroked her soft fox ears softly, not fully aware of how incredibly sensitive they could be on a kitsune girl.

"Cat fights as they call them aren't typically fought to the death. Their nails can draw blood, they just can't deal any lethal injury. It's another thing they have in common with felines... when cats fight, it's to assert their dominance, not to seriously hurt or kill their opponent. Human women can be equally territorial, in that regard." Still, the knight shared her amusement at these so-called cat fights between human women.

He listened as she went on to state her age, and while he hadn't been so rude as to ask her age directly, he still wished to know more about her, and nodded as she went on to say her age. "If that's true, then you're a few years younger than me, making us age-appropriate by the standards of some of the more judgmental humans," he teased somewhat. While he thought it silly that many humans felt it only appropriate to have a romantic relationship with someone close to your own age, he also enjoyed the way the girl reacted when he brought such things up... and judging by the fact that she hadn't pulled away from him, he got the impression she wasn't entirely opposed to the idea as much as she implied. After all, all of her comments about how such a relationship wouldn't work were based on how other humans would view him, rather than her own personal feelings.

"There are other Arcane Knights such as myself in the world..." he remarked, "But we're quite rare. Specially trained professionals capable of handling dangerous missions alone or paired with capable partners. Chances of us ever meeting another such as myself is practically zero, though." He smirked as she mentioned the watch dog. "Unfortunately, that's a fifth level conjuration spell... something I can only really use at the end of the day, provided I didn't use up too much mana in the evening. We could always just bathe together instead from now on," he teased the kitsune somewhat, figuring she would most likely decline such an offer for quite some time.

As she shivered against him, he pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her and stroking her soft, sensitive tails. "Night, Akira," he said to her, finding her company to be quite welcome as he allowed her head to rest on his chest, slowly drifting off to sleep as well thanks to the protecting magic of the conjured watch dog.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

" hm... elves sound quite interesting. Maybe I'll meet an elf someday. " as Heinrich began petting her ears though,
    She blushed slightly before letting out a soft growl of annoyance, shaking her head as to remove his hand. However, in the end she simply moved his hand so it simply resided on her head rather than her ears.

" .. what.. do you mean they're not fought to the death? " she mused in a confused manner. " brawls to the death are the most effective ways to deal with dominance. The participants fight until the others can fight no longer, only to show mercy and allow them to live... though i'm not really one for violence. It may not be as effective, but I find talking a much more pleasant way.

Listening to him speak of how they were close in age and therefore acceptable by mortal standards, her blush from earlier increased in color as she flicked her tails in annoyance. " hold your horses hot shot, I never started I was interested in such a relationship. I'm merely here to escape persecution and protect you because you saved my life." She half-lied. She wouldn't deny that she thought Heinrich would be a decent choice in partner, but fear of the unknown is why she would never admit anything aloud.

" say we did eventually run into another like you. " she eventually asked. " would they have the same morals? I would assume so based on what you said... but what would happen if one went astray, after rewarding bounties..." then she heard his comment about bathing together and she tensed, baring her fox-like canines at him, clearly angered by the comment. " I think I'll take my chances being alone, thanks. "

At first she didn't mind him pulling her closer- the warmth the contact provided was pleasant and comforting. Then he began petting her tails. Letting out a growl, her pupils fox-like slits, she spoke, " I'd appreciate it if you'd stop feeling up my fur." She spoke with annoyance. It wasn't long after he fell asleep that she managed too as well.

At some point in the night she began dreaming, but the dreams were more like nightmares. Looking for a way out of the terror, she came upon a colorful wall, the colors endlessly swirling and twisting. Someone else's dream. Though she had access to the dreams of many people, so she didn't know whose dream she would be walking into as she crossed the wall.
    Last edited by Owl0430; 07-14-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Heinrich wasn't sure what to make of the kitsune's reactions. She continued to act annoyed and uninterested in him, as if she only decided to stay with him out of duty and necessity, without any real desire for his company. She acted particularly annoyed when her ears and tails were touched, along with when bathing together was mentioned, and yet she didn't pull away from him either, continuing to snuggle against him despite her words indicating that she was angry at him.

Thinking over how young she claimed to be, Heinrich decided to give up on trying to understand her reasons for acting the way she did. She was young, she was female, and so of course she would act in a confusing way, almost as if she wasn't being honest with herself. He doubted it felt bad when he touched her fur, so why was she so defensive about it?

"If one of my kind went rogue... I'd probably know about it. Since I don't know of any rogue Arcane Knights, I can only assume there aren't any. But if there were... they'd likely be among the most dangerous opponents we could possibly face," he answered her question, giving a sigh. "But let's not worry about that now... for now we only need to concern ourselves with the king's fox hunters."

As he drifted off to sleep, the knight began to dream. Normally his dreams were warded against intrusion, as dream walking wizards and demons could be incredibly dangerous, but due to the close physical proximity of the kitsune, combined with a subconscious desire to be closer to her, reacted with her own dream walking sorcery, and as she crossed the wall, she would find herself in a classroom.

Heinrich was dreaming of his days back at the Arcane University, assisting the professor of a freshman level Conjuration class as a Teacher's Assistant. He noted the fact that one of the students was a beautiful young kitsune resembling Akira, though she was dressed in an apprentice robe with a skirt several inches shorter than she was used to wearing. Paying her no mind, he introduced himself as a graduate student in the Arcane Knight program.

"I'll be assisting Archmage Lasauar as part of my own studies in the Arcane Knight program," he said to the young men and woman, most of them being between the ages of sixteen and nineteen. "So if you have any questions, you can feel free to ask me. If I don't know the answer, I'll bring your question to Archmage Lasauar and have an answer for you soon."

If Akira were to look around the room at the other students, she would note that only about half of the class was human... the rest consisted of several elves, a fairy, three nekos, a couple ookamis, along with another kitsune in the front row. Other races held appearances that resembled humans, though their magical auras indicated that it wasn't their true form, as their true form was too large to fit in a classroom designed for human-like races. All of them wore robes of similar cut and fashion to the one of uncomfortably short length that she would find herself wearing as a participant in this particular dream.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast