Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Across Antiquity

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default [M] Across Antiquity (OOC)

Grand Ruilira and Mighty Kem. The Twin Jewels of the Known World.

For countless ages, these two major superpowers have dominated the known world: each a model for the lesser of the Known Empires to follow, a far cry from the barbarian lands and untamed wilderness beyond the Known World, and more stable and practical than the strange customs of the mysterious Eastern Lands. For primarily this reason, among various others, the Known World has enjoyed relative peace, as the Ruiliran Empire and the High Kingdom of Kem have overall remained on reasonably good terms with each other.

And so, when romance blossomed between the Crown Prince of Ruilira and the Princess of Kem, the monarchs of both empires celebrated. Neither ruling house was blind to the young royals' feelings for each other, nor did they overlook the potential to forge a powerful and long-lasting alliance that would ensure great peace and prosperity for both Kem and Ruilira. So before long, a marriage was arranged, and a grand celebration was planned for the fateful wedding day.

But then, on the night before the scheduled wedding, the bride and groom were kidnapped by unknown assailants, sparking worldwide searches and desperate calls for would-be heroes to find the two young royals and rescue them from whatever harm might be planned for them. These heroes come from far and wide, each with their own backgrounds and their own reasons for joining the rescue effort, but as the political balance between the Twin Jewels and the rest of the world becomes more and more uncertain, these heroes will play a crucial role in the events to come, as the search for the Prince and Princess leads into conspiracies and intrigue such that no place in the Known or Unknown Worlds will be left untouched.

Known World

The civilizations that developed around the great Salt Sea and the lands those civilizations have come to annex or vassalize have come to be known collectively as the Known World. The great Ruiliran Empire, the Kingdom of Kem and the Aaryan Empire hold technological superiority over the rest of the western world and have grown to immense power. Elsewhere, tribes of Hamites, Shemites and the widely feared Bronze Islanders resist the hegemony of this triumvirate.
    Spoiler: Ruiliran Empire 

Spoiler: Kingdom of Kem 

Spoiler: Tribes of Ham 

Spoiler: Land of Shem 

Spoiler: Bronze Island 

Spoiler: Aaryan Empire 

Lesser Known or Outer World

Regions of the world less known about, ranging from the barbarian tribes of the north on the Western Continent or the Far Eastern empires of legend and the black-skinned peoples of the far south.Many other beings capable of civilization may lie in this region, widely unknown or unsubstantiated by the denizens of the Known World.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 
    Last edited by Atethecat; 07-15-2018 at 06:03 AM.

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

I see you have a wee bit to go! But I thought these links might help a little

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Atethecat!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Spoiler: Maihes Ignaila of the Shan-akhi 
    Last edited by StormWolf; 06-28-2018 at 02:32 AM.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Welcome back StormWolf.

Spoiler: Grenn 
    Last edited by Dnafein; 07-06-2018 at 04:29 AM.
    Spoiler: Cuteness 

Wanna laugh at a drunken fool? Click Here!
    Watch me Stream or catch old streams here

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StormWolf View Post
    Spoiler: WIP 
    Glad to see you could join us! Love the African weapons as well, they're pretty underrated honestly.

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

What makes the genre is authenticity! And yeah, I'm a dork for historical martial arts.

Also, thanks Dna!

EDIT: Character Sheet is done
    Last edited by StormWolf; 06-28-2018 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Great! I just finished my CS for my giant character, although I'm contemplating whether I should create an additional character.

Spoiler: Ulgar the Mountain Giant 
    Last edited by Atethecat; 06-28-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I'm debating whether to create a Shemite or an Aaryan as my first character in this RP, so for now I'll just wait and see what everyone else comes up with so I can tailor my own character accordingly.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I think I might make my second character a Hamite or a Shemite.

The Art Vandal

Decent grammar. Limited cringe. That’s all.
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Hm. I may join. I’m looking to join another RP, but really only have time for one more—and I am considering another thread, as well. I’ll have a think and let you know which I decide to write a sheet for, but just sort of letting you know my interest.

art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable

- banksy

Page 1 of 25 123 ... LastLast