Thread: Mature Content Questions

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance with any genre included except Action-Romance
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Mature Content Questions

I've looked around, and I want to clear my confusion before I even start creating a rp, or continuing to use this site.

The mature content rules looks different from what the guide is saying. In the guide it is saying that the sex scene is to be censored/time skipped. And in the mature rules it is more leaned back not saying the scene has to be sensored. This is what confuses me.

The guide was the General guide in the help topic.

What is not allowed according to mature content on this site?

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

The key word here is "excessive".

You can write about chars having sex, but don't go into details about it, into every action, detailed organs... etc.. and try to end it in off the curtains kinda deal....

Let's go over the basic do and don't:

1. You may not have an RP dedicated only to sex. In other words, you need to have a central plot other than just getting it on.

2. Detailed writing about any sort of sex will only happen in the Mature with a warning in the first OOC post of what to be expected along with RP rating.

3. Characters involved in sexual activity be of age.

4. You will not be crude. Let me explain this a little more. The painting of the nude woman in Botticelli's Birth of Venus is artistic. A photo of a naked woman in a Hustler magazine is smut. “They are both beautiful women, so what's the difference?” The difference is the tone and feel of how they are presented.- Mainly excessive. Don't go overly and write all the details... try to be more artisitc about it and fade to black, because as much as it is indeed addition, it should not be the main focus of the plot.

you may not describe sexual organs that are located between the legs in detail. Giving us an idea of what's happening is one thing but telling us exactly what every bump and curve looks like is quite another.

5. Let's talk about non-consensual sex. This subject is touchy and we understand that. However, it does and will come up in roleplays. That's okay as long as the writers of the characters have agreed to the act and are aware of what's happening. (In other words, don't god-mod rape). This sort of sex is the only kind we do not allow you to actually write through. You may describe the things that lead up to the event, and the character's thoughts and feelings after it. But you may not write about the actual rape itself.

For more details and much more input, please check this thread

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Sorry for the confusion @KhFanWriter9; ! I will have a look at the guide to see if it could be clarified better. As Kris said, it's about keeping things tasteful. Sex is ok to be roleplayed, in the mature sections. The only thing you may not do is describe actual penetration. There are some taboo topics that are covered in the mature rules (namely sex involving minors, beastiality and non-consensual sex) that may not be rpd out. If you're unsure whether something crosses the line just PM a staff member and we'll be happy to help out.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!