Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M/IC] A Lost Heart (J'Von and Naming)

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Having regained something of her wits, Amelia settled down to wait once she was relatively certain the beast was no longer chasing after her. The princess tucked herself amongst the roots of a nearby tree and sat back, trying to calm her beating heart and catch what she could of her breath. She waited there for a time, only to eventually be distracted by the unmistakable sound of Veikto's voice calling out to her. Rising to her feet, Amelia glanced about briefly. When the second call came, she quickly headed off in the direction that she thought it had come from.

"Veikto!" The princess yelled in return, shouting out to try and give her friend some indication as to where she currently was, even as she forced her way through the undergrowth. When she bust through the foliage and caught sight of her companion, the feeling of relief was instantaneous.

"Thank the lord, Veikto I -" she started rather simply, before cutting herself off when she realised that her companion was covered in blood. All of a sudden, she found herself overcome with a rather different type of concern. "All that blood. Please tell me that you aren't hurt, and that terrible beast is dead" she asked softly, suddenly sounding much more hesitant.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Her concern was relief when the young lady had revealed herself. After tracking her she realized the young lady did not take off very far. But when she stopped and looked at her with concern it worried her. Veikto looked herself to realize the blood covered her from head to toe. She tried brushing or wiping off the blood but stains remained on her clothing. "It's the beast's blood my lady." She expressed with a soft voice. "I'm just a little bruised but not badly injured." She looked around and can hear birds chirping once more.

"We better get you back to his majesty before he sends a legion of troops to find you." She looked over her should and found the horse tracks where her horse was killed. "I can lead us out of here but it will take a while since your horse took off at a very far distance." She sheathed her sword and chuckled softly. "I never seen a horse take off so fast...and someone who can manage to stay on for that long." She looked to the young lady and sighs heavily and walked towards her. She checked her dress and brushed off the dirt and leaves carefully. "You know how to a make more than I." She joked as she brushed the twigs and leaves out of her hair.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Amelia’s relief was palpable when her Veikto confirmed that all the blood coating her clothes was not her own, and instead belonged to the slain beast. The princess would have asked after her father next, but her servant quickly waylaid those fears too, possibly without even realising it. For the first time since the monster had appeared, the knot of fear in her chest seemed to loosen and disappear. In fact, she almost felt like laughing. Was that shock, perhaps? Or was the knowledge that the danger had passed without consequence simply enough to lighten her mood? Now that she knew everyone of import was unhurt, she could view the entire incident through the rose-tinted glasses of hindsight.

“Even so, I feel motivated to try and stay on even longer next time. For obvious reasons” she answered, a smile turning up the corners of her mouth. Indeed, an amused giggle quickly slipped from her lips as Veikto turned her attention to her dress, which was far from pristine. “You may have a point. I don’t think my tailor is going to be very pleased with me” she conceded rather simply. Still, one dress was an acceptable casualty, considering what could have been lost that day.

“Come, we should probably get moving. I don’t know about you, but I could definitely use a bath.” Pausing briefly, she threw another brief glance at Veikto’s bloodstained garb. “On second thought, scratch that. You could definitely use one” the princess pointed out. Her nose wrinkled, but amusement danced in her eyes. She didn’t say it, but a part of Amelia didn’t want to be caught in the forest at night after what she had just experienced.

When the two of them finally began walking she relapsed into silence for a little bit, following Veikto diligently as the servant made good on her promise and led her out of the forest. After several moments of silent thought, she’d finally speak up again.

“Now that I think about it, I’ve never seen a creature like that before. What was it, and where did it come from? I can’t help but wonder”

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She struggled for a moment when something had pinched on her side. Pressing her palm on her hip only revealed more blood but thinking it was still the beasts' blood. She followed the path of hoof prints and each step felt painful than the last. She heard the Young Lady's question of what kind of creature that was. Taking a moment to think she looked over her shoulder and stopped for a moment to catch her breath. "I have heard of rare mythical beasts that lurk in the isolated areas. Sometimes they can be aggressive if provoked by something dangerous." Her eyes looked to the sky and observed the clouds. "I think the beast was aggressive and attacked because it felt threatened in it's territory or was forced out." She lets out a soft sigh as she pressed her hand on her hip once more. "I do not know much about mythical creatures but only to be stories told by the elderly." She let out a small scoff. "Who knew they were right."

The pain was beginning to become worse and soon she was forced to kneel to the ground. Groaning in pain and keeping her hand held to her side. "I guess I was not fast enough." She blurted out as she lay to her side. Searching where the blood kept coming from, she noticed a tear in her clothing. She pulled the tear forcing it to become bigger. There was a gnash on her side and it was bleeding badly. Groaning in pain and placed her back on the ground to relieve some pain. She leans her head back a little to breathe more easily. "I need you to seal the wound." She looked to her friend. "Gather some wood...build a fire...and use my sword to use as a brand." Reaching for her sword and hands it to her. "I don't have a needle and thread so you'll have to sear the wound." She groans again. "I think I've lost far too much blood."

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

"Our people have trodden these woods for years. If the thing was merely defending its territory, why would it only have started to attack our people recently? No, something must have -"

The princess' introspection was cut short as her companion fell to her kness mid-stride. A cry of alarm slipped from Amelia's lips and she quickly rushed to her friend's side, kneeling down beside her. All the colour bled from her face as she eyed the wound that her friend had suffered, and the panic and fear that she had felt earlier quick returned, much stronger than it had been before. When Veikto spoke, however, Amelia listened. The reminder that she was her friend's only hope did a lot to calm her nerves, and she promptly let out a shaky breath, doing what she could to recover her composure.

"I'll be right back. Just...put as much pressure on that as you can"

With that, the princess rose to her feet, turning her attention to the woods that surrounded them. She quickly set about gathering up all the dead wood that she could, lumping it in a pile not that fur from where Veikto had fallen. She worked quickly as she could manage, paying no mind to the possibility of splinters. Given their surroundings, it wasn't long until she had gathered a rather decent sized pile.

Seating herself by her friend's side, Amelia quickly turned her attention to the pile of wood she had gathered. With no flint in hand, she could think of only one way to light it, and to quickly get it to a necessary temperature. The princess extended a hand towards the wooden pile, her eyes half-closed. After a few moments of silent concentration, a soft golden glow began to surround her form. The princess muttered a few words under her breath softly, before the pile of wood burst into flame. Almost instantaneously, she had a roaring fire hot enough to make her sweat by simply sitting nearby. The sudden exertion left her feeling a little woozy, but she forced the sensation down. There were more important things to worry about.

That done, the princess retrieved Veikto's sword, before turning towards the fire. Holding the blade aloft in a clumsy grip, she hesitated before dunking it into the flames.

"Veikto...are you sure about this? It'll hurt terribly, and scar something awful" she asked, voice soft. It wasn't like they had many other options, but Amelia couldn't help but feel a little bit hesitant.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Veikto kept her hand on the wound giving it pressure to help stop the bleeding but it kept coming out. Groaning in pain and gritted her teeth while her toes in her boots curled from the intense pain. She watched her friend while she continued doing what was asked of her. She tried to sit up to get a better view but the gash was unbearable. She yelped in pain again and laid on her back. Her eyes looks to the young lady when she was asked about the situation.

She nodded and her breathing was heavy. "If this wound doesn't get treated then I'll risk of dying from bleeding." She started to unbutton her uniform and slowly and was able to get the top uniform off while only wearing her undershirt. The wound was more open to see then it was before. Her eyes looked to the young lady. "Don't worry about scarring it." She muttered softly revealing partial of her back which showed more scars of her previous past.

Folding the top uniform as a pillow and laid it behind the back of her head. She looked around and finds a small twig to use as something to bite on. "I can handle it." She said again and dusted the twig and breathed in heavily.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Amelia pursed her lips as she listened to her companion's explanation, concern and uncertainty dancing behind her eyes, but she refrained from offering up any further objections. If the choice was between letting her companion die and causing her some measure of pain and discomfort...well, it was hardly a choice at all, especially if Veikto herself was asking her to do it. The princess could only hope that she had the stomach to hold the blade in place when her companion started to writhe and cry out beneath the heated metal's scarlet kiss.

Speaking of the blade, she spent a few moments eyeing it critically, focusing her attention on the small section of metal that was directly within the flames. Had their situation not been so dire, she may have found herself worrying about potential damage to the metal's temper. As it was, though, it seemed they had little choice. Still, as the two of them waited, Amelia found her attention drifting. A sidelong glance let her gaze wander over Veikto's torso, first at the open wound, and then at the myriad of older scars that marred her flesh. The price of a life of combat, she supposed. After a few seconds, however, she realised that she was staring, and quickly looked away.

She spent the next few moments building up the fire, adding a few more bits of wood. Before long she was recoiling from the heat rolling off the blaze, and the relevant section of blade was glowing a healthy red.

"There's no putting it off any longer, I suppose. It isn't going to get any hotter, and the sooner we stop the bleeding the better" she muttered, almost to herself. Slowly and carefully, Amelia reached out and grabbed the blade by the hilt, plucking it from the flames. Her grip on the thing was awkward, but secure. She took a deep breath then, trying to calm her nerves and steel herself for what came next.

"Alright, on three. One...two...three!"

With a brief moment of warning to allow both of them to ready themselves, Amelia would press the flat of the burning sword against Veikto's wound, and promptly try to ignore the smell and sound of sizzling flesh that followed...along with any unpleasant sounds or other signs of discomfort that might come from Veikto herself.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She was breathing a little heavy as she felt the heated blade near her body. She nodded and closed her eyes and held a tight grip with her fists. Once the burning metal touched her wound and made a sizzling noise. Veikto groaned and screamed through the twig in her mouth. Her feet squirmed several times from the intense pain that wormed through her body. Her head leaning back and screamed again. The twig in her mouth broke in several places from the bite but held in place.

Once the moment had passed and Veikto laid on her body back in place. She was breathing slowly and felt relieved from the crucial pain she had to endure. Spitting out the twig to breathe more easier and looked to her friend. "Good." She managed to say. "That's one way of healing a wound." She chuckled and leans her head back again to rest. "Now." She gulped from her dry throat. "We need a ointment that will help." She wanted to touch her wound but it was still hot and burning.

"Find some herbs. Rosewater and Lavenders." She looked around their surroundings. "Easy to find or should be." She chuckled. "Purple for Lavender." She begin describing. "Rosewater looks like a rose but pink." She groaned and her brows frowned. "But hard to find...just need one or two." Her body begin to cover with sweat. "And find a river...bring back some water and a fish if you can...we're gonna have to camp out here for the night." Her head laid still but her eyes started to slowly close. "Keep my sword with you....you'll...need it." Her breathing started to slow and she struggled to keep her eyes open.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The smell of roasting flesh and Veikto's screaming were almost unbearable, and it took all of Amelia's self control to keep the knife pressed up against her wound. When it was done she couldn't pull away fast enough, and had to suppress the urge to turn and vomit. Tears prickled in the corners of her eyes, and it took her a moment to regain her composure enough to turn her gaze back towards Veikto again. As it was, she pointedly avoided looking at the damage she had just done, the puckered and burned scar she had just left behind.

She wanted to argue that there had to be a better way of accomplishing their goal. That she could run back to the castle and get help, bring someone here to carry Veikto away and give her the medical treatment she needed. Such objections quickly died on her lips, however. What were the odds that she would be able to find her way back to the castle, and then back to this exact spot? Besides, as it was, the idea of leaving Veikto just long enough to gather supplies already left a bad taste in her mouth. With that in mind, Amelia bit back her objections and nodded.

"Purple lavender. Pink roses. Water and fish" she repeated, as much to herself as to Veikto. Trying to make sure that she had it right, and commit the list to memory. She was virtually clueless out here, in the forest, but the first two certainly sounded like they would be easier to sort out, so she would start there. Her eyes widened as her companion trailed off, though, panic flaring to life in her chest. Sword and list forgotten for the moment, she reached out for her friend, grabbing one of her shoulders firmly with one hand, and grabbing her nearest arm with the other.

"H-hey...somehow I don't think you falling asleep is a good idea at this point, Veikto. Stay with me, alright?" she asked, trying to keep her voice from cracking, with marginal success.. "Just...talk to me, okay? I'll stay close enough to hear. Please"

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She fought hard to keep her eye lids open and her breathing was slower than usual. She moved her eyes around and looked to their surrounding area. Shakes her head and takes slow steady breathes. Her hand reached up and grabbed the young lady by her shoulder. "You need to be quick." She finally says.

Her forehead covered in sweat and dirt. Her hair in a tangled mess and skin covered in blood. "Get enough fish to keep you fed." She cleared her throat from the dryness. "And keep the fire burning if you can." She lays back slowly while her eyes drift heavily. "I...I'll try and...." Her eyes wondered under her lids. "And...and stay awake." Her hand reaches up and gently caressed the young ladies cheek. "Keep yourself cleaned." She chuckled softly. "No lady in your position should look...like a peasant." Her motion slowed and eyes closed while her chest was breathing steadily.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast