Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] TradeHard, an Interstellar Adventure of Exploration and Trade (OOC)

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Spoiler: WIP 
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 06-27-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Full Name: Dynsen Crylz
    Alias: N/A
    Species: Tikan
    Biological Gender: Male

Description / Appearance:
    Spoiler: Image 

Dynsen is a tall and imposing individual packing a lot of muscle. Standing at a towering 10'3" and weighing in excess of 600 lbs, he is actually considered to be of average build amongst his species. His overall proportions are not unlike those of the precursor species from which many other races across the galaxy have evolved from, although his facial features are far more draconic. His skin is green, with a leathery texture, and his face is reptilian with narrow yellow eyes, slit nostrils, sharpened teeth and spikes sprouting from where there might otherwise have been a beard and hair.

Crew Position: Engineer Technician

Personal Equipment: Toolbox with assorted tools (Wrench, duct tape, sealant, screwdriver, hammer, magnifying device). His other personal belongings consist only of several pairs of cargo trousers and tank tops, a portable digital music player with headphones, toiletries and a hidden stash of beer, whiskey and cigarettes.

Skills:

• Mechanical genious: Dynsen has been tinkering with machinery from a very early age. As per his curious nature, he loves to take apart machines to get a good look at their inner workings so that he can understand how they function and also to learn how to maintain, repair and upgrade them.
    • Hand-to-hand combat: The Tikan species are naturally gifted when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, mostly due to wrestling being a long-running tradition in their culture. Dynsen has also spent a large portion of his life lifting extremely heavy objects, which has further enhanced his strength, making him a formidable opponent at close quarters. His style of fighting is more technical, opting for various kinds of restraining holds to overpower his opponent.
    • Vehicle operating: While he may not be able to pull off many fancy manoeuvres, Dynsen's knowledge of machinery allows him to comfortably sit at the controls of almost any vehicle. Custom-made features and controls take a bit of fiddling around with to get used to, however.
    • Chameleon skin: The Tikan species has evolved to be able to adapt to both hot and cold climates. In colder temperatures, a Tikan's skin will turn dark in order to attract more UV rays whilst in hotter climates, their skin will change to much lighter colours in order to achieve the opposite effect. This ability works naturally.

Strengths:

• Physical strength - Tikan's possess immense physical strength. The average adult is capable of lifting over 4,000 lbs. Dynsen is considered to be average amongst his species.
    • Physical defence - A Tikan has thick skin, which grants them greater resistance to physical damage compared to many other races.
    • Alcohol tolerance - Tikan's are renowned for their ability to ingest high quantities of alcohol before feeling even a little bit tipsy. On other planets, a Tikan's celebration makes for great business with vendors.

Weaknesses:

• Agility - Due to their immense size and bulky stature, Tikan's are not very agile. Because of this, they are highly susceptible to laser fire and other long-range weapons. Whilst their thick skin allows them to take a good beating, a barrage from a firing squad would cause considerable damage.
    • Oversized hands - Dynsen's large hands make it incredibly difficult for him to operate computers, and prevents him from being able to use most firearms. While he may be able to use many of the larger weapons, like canons, railguns and explosive launchers, this is hardly ideal within the confines of a spaceship.

Personality: While Dynsen can seem very intimidating on first meeting him, he is actually very good-natured and warm. He dislikes violence (He does not count a wrestling match as violence, providing no one is killed or permanently disabled) and enjoys the simple things in life. He loves music, alcohol, cigarettes and machines, and has little to no desire for anything else in his life except the occasional bit of good company. He mostly feels comfortable when building or repairing some sort of machinery, or when he's surrounded by nature. At heart, he is a big softy.

History: Dynsen was born on the planet Urutah, the original birthplace for his entire species. Growing up in a society naturally predisposed to fighting and violence was difficult for Dynsen as he never felt that way inclined. While he did enjoy partaking in bouts of wrestling, he was never as bloodthirsty as much as the majority he grew up with, something for which he was often teased over. This never bothered him, he knew that a certain lust for battle was only natural in a Tikan, though he often questioned why he never had that. He was fortunate to have parents who loved him regardless, and living on a farm provided plenty of opportunity to escape mainstream society. He found a love of mechanics at a very young age, when he first helped his father repair some of the farming equipment. His mother was largely absent from his life on account of being a warrior and nearly always being away, fighting in some battle, but he still cherished those days when she was home and she had all her love and affection to give in return.

When he became an adult, Tynsen's father encouraged him to venture away from Urutah, to travel the cosmos and broaden his horizons. It was not a bid to get rid of Tynsen. It would actually be more difficult running the farm without the help of his son, but the father wanted his son to achieve his full potential. Tynsen was also eager to venture out into the cosmos, though he vowed to one day return to take over the farm from his father. And so, Tynsen got himself a job with a crew of space traders as an engineer. This led to other jobs, mostly in similar fields of expertise, but others in warehousing and construction. Eventually, he landed a job aboard the Spice of Life, where he has since been able to travel to many different planets and gain a wealth of experience.

Other:

A brief description of the Tikan race - The Tikan are a race of draconian creatures who possess immense strength and make excellent warriors. Their culture is predominantly that of a warrior race, so fighting is in their blood. Originating from the planet Urutah millions of years ago, the species has since spread across the galaxy, but Urutah remains to be the only planet in which the population consists only of Tikan. Though the Tikan of Urutah only allow other Tikan to live amongst them, they do allow visitors. Traders and diplomats come by frequently, whether to recruit troops for their armies or to barter for their rich supply of a rare ore that is used to craft some of the finest weapons in the galaxy.

Most Tikan grow up to become soldiers, mercenaries or bodyguards, though there are a few exceptions. Many find themselves being recruited into various armies, or hired for protection. In spite of this, it is unheard of for any Tikan to kill another of their species, even when fighting on opposite sides in a war. This has sometimes caused complications on the battlefield, although a good strategist could overcome this.

Favourite Food - Steak; the tougher the better.

----------------------------------

Best buddies -
    Spoiler: 1. Tezh 
    &
    Spoiler: 2. Dązhos (Dąz) 

Glossary of cuss words or phrases that my character and side-characters will often use:

(Kinda keeping this for my own benefit so I don't forget, but feel free to use them for yourselves as well. I'll update it as the story progresses and I develop certain speech habits for my characters.)

- Kuse: (Pronounced "Koo seh")A Sylvestri word for "shit", basically. It's a term often used to either express sheer awe, or an expression of frustration.
    Last edited by Pad; 06-28-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Spoiler: The Cook 
    I'm loving this character so far. Profile looks pretty good except for one minor thing. Have you reviewed the rules very closely? You might have missed a detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Splat View Post
    I think I have a character idea but I’m having trouble finding a good picture. I’ve scoured Pinterest but no luck. I’m thinking something big and serpentine or reptilian.
    I look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

I'm eager to see what sort of characters the WIPs turn out to be. Many of the details of the "John Smith" bio will be classified for the time being, to be revealed as the plot develops so as to prevent spoilers. For the most part, however, this will be a story about the various crew members of the Spice of Life, with very little if any interference on my part.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 06-27-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Holeymoley! I'm very interested. This ship-bound RP-style is tried and tested, and it always seems like fun. I don't know how available I can be, especially since I shouldn't slack on my own Futuropolis. It does, however, give me a rare opportunity to both satisfy my hardcore pre-apocalyptica sci-fi vibes, and my love for space opera.

I'll probably join occasionally. Perhaps to start as a lonely ghost ship encountered along the way, but I'll wait for the IC to get along. Tell me if you've got any objections!

(finished: )
    Spoiler: Sheet 
    Last edited by Q; 07-03-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: rewrite

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Right, I think my bio is done for the time being. I will probably return to it to add in a few bits as necessary as my character evolves. Also included a bit of lore behind the species for my main character, along with the two prominent NPC characters that tie in with his part in the story.

Also. Want me to make a wicked-ass banner for this thing?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holeypaladin View Post
    I'm loving this character so far. Profile looks pretty good except for one minor thing. Have you reviewed the rules very closely? You might have missed a detail.
    Hm, was it the part about the character's homeworld?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I know what it is lol.
    Last edited by Atethecat; 06-27-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That the kind of banner you want? Literally took me like five minutes, so I don't mind if it doesn't get used haha. I can make a smaller version as one of those RP of the Week logo things as well if you want.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Looks like you've got an awesome roleplay started, Holeypaladin!! If you would like to advertise for more members, here are some ways to do so!

First off, there's the Roleplay of the Week. This is displayed on the website's home page as well as on the side bar of the forum. If you think it might help then we implore you to do so! We are always looking for new RP's to advertise. (No, really. We are. Always.) If you would like a little bit more information, or even an example, you can view that here.

One of the requirements for a RP of the Week submission is that you have a banner. If you're not artistically inclined, however, do not fear! We have several amazing artists on the site who will make one for you. Simply post here.

Next, you can post in this thread and the staff will display your role-play in their signatures.

Also feel free to post in the Roleplay Directory. This is a thread that anyone can view at any time to see roleplays that are currently seeking and accepting members.

Knight in Swiss Armor
    Sci fi, fantasy, etc.
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pad View Post

That the kind of banner you want? Literally took me like five minutes, so I don't mind if it doesn't get used haha. I can make a smaller version as one of those RP of the Week logo things as well if you want.
    Very well done! I've inserted it into the intro post for now. Feel free to continue to work on art at your leisure, you've got talent for sure, though I won't pressure you if you don't want to do it!

Looking over your character application, it looks good for the most part, except it seems you left something out. I want to be sure everyone reads all of the rules and agrees to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Honey! I've very interested. This ship-bound RP-style is tried and tested, and it always seems like fun. I don't know how available I can be, especially since I shouldn't slack on my own Futuropolis. It does, however, give me a rare opportunity to both satisfy my hardcore pre-apocalyptica sci-fi vibes, and my love for space opera.

I'll probably join occasionally. Perhaps to start as a lonely ghost ship encountered along the way, but I'll wait for the IC to get along. Tell me if you've got any objections!

(to be written and perfected: )
    Spoiler: Sheet 
    Quite the interesting character! I'd be interested to know more about her history, such as how she lost her leg and acquired so much extensive skill and experience in combat and survival. Other than that she meets the basic requirements of a character application quite well... though I'm not sure how to add her into the story. Maybe she could also be doing her survival thing on one of the uncharted worlds that the Spice of Life visits at some point. I want to withhold final judgment on character apps until the Captain gets a chance to look at them, but keep them coming! Also, I believe you've misread my name. It's a pun, not a typo.
    Last edited by Holeypaladin; 06-27-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Holey Paladin's armor by Haya

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I most definitely misread your name. Pardon!
    It makes a lot more sense than honey, too. Hmm. My perception might be failing me.

And I understand a need to add some extra history. I'll type something up, but I like to keep on unleashing info bit by bit. I'm sure you understand.

As for a way to incorporate my character(s), we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. If you feel you need an extra crewmate to start it off, PM me! I'd be happy to comply.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast